This little piggy went to Prada…

This is my 2nd post today!

Click to see the first: A fun running game.

Jess and I left our room with no specific dinner plans. We wanted to be true tourists, letting chance dictate our destination. As luck would have it, chance treated us very kindly. It placed a Moroccan restaurant, called Tagine, right outside our hotel. Neither one of us had ever tried Moroccan food before, and so we agreed it was time to change this.

moroccan

Tagine Moroccan Restaurant:

Sometimes I like eating at non-vegetarian restaurants even more than at vegan ones. When a menu lists only a couple of veg options, the decision-making process is much easier.

I was enamored of my meal even before it came to the table. Vegetable Tagine: zucchini, bell peppers, chickpeas, onions, kabocha, and currants simmered with an array of herbs in a special earthenware pot (a tagine). The dish did not disappoint. I wish I could take this restaurant back with me to Texas!

After dinner, we wandered around and came across a cute little knick-knack shop. Usually, shops like this are “browsing not buying” places for me. But this time, I couldn’t resist getting my sister’s Christmas present:

prada

From the book:

“Twinkle, twinkle, diamond ring, In a blue box tied with string. Tiffany’s new princess cut, Twice the size of baby’s butt. Twinkle twinkle, show your spark, Can’t change nappies in the dark.”

Perfect for my favorite fashionista sister. Had to force myself not to get anything for me. Goodness knows I don’t need another cute knick-knack to collect dust on a dresser.

knickknackshop

Home again…

Tired from the day’s walking and shopping, we went back to the hotel and did what both of us do best. I consumed chocolate… And Jessica? She fell asleep!

Tags:

1. How fun! I think I remember seeing Tagine featured on a show on Food Network. I’ve never eaten Moroccan food, but your lunch looks amazing!

2. I live ridiculous close to Tagine and have never been. After seeing your post, I think I need to try it, though!

3. That book looks so cute!
    And I’m literally drooling at that meal! yowza!

4. Charissa says:

So fun to hear about your trip girlfriend! I’m just jealous that you’re in NYC! I’ve always wanted to go there!

5. I’ve never had Moroccan food. I think the closest I’ve come to that is Indian…if that even is close to it!

6. Amanda says:

totally not related to this post, but sometimes you mention in your blog how you really haven’t dated anyone since sports store hottie (I think, maybe I’m mixed up…) and I realize this is probably because you are so AWESOME it would take a really amazing guy worth being with you. You are so kind and creative and beautiful, I hope you know this! Your blog brightens my day if I’m feeling low energy or sad. Thank you for making my world better!

1. Wow, Amanda, is there any way to tell you just how much YOU brightened MY day with your comment?
      !!!?
      Truly, thank you SO much :).

And yeah, no bf since ssh. I am enjoying being single… but still, it’d be nice if prince charming would come along soon! 😉

1. Baking N Books says:

Ditto.

On another note – has anyone ever told you that you look like Natalie Morales – a co-anchor on the Today Show!! (She’s gorgeous by the way). Your like her younger sister 🙂

1. Oh my goodness, thank you! I just googled her. She is beautiful!!

7. Laura says:

Mmm, I’ve been to Tagine! Hope you used a Restaurant.com gift cert there – makes it super cheap 🙂

1. Aww no I didn’t :(. Oh well, an excuse to go back… if I have enough time, which I probably won’t! I wish I were here longer!

8. Jess says:

interesting, that meal looked very good. might have to try it sometime.

9. OH my gosh! Katie i need that book! My daughter is almost one, and that just seems like the perfect book for her! Do you think I could order it online??

10. Lunch looks so interesting ! I’ve never had that kind of food.

That book looks great! I’d love to read it. 🙂

11. Lilly says:

Oh yummm, that looks really good! My mom bought a tangine a little while ago and has made the best stuff in it, I actually never even heard of them before then (was I under a rock? ;D ) but now I’m a little obsessed with the way they help make such flavorful dishes. BTW, you looks gorgeous girl, glowing!

1. Awwwwwww Lilly, thank you so so much!!

12. VEGirl says:

Kabocha and currants in the same dish? I’m sold 😀

13. Ahh! That book sounds so cute! 🙂

14. Ragnhild says:

Moroccan food is so good! This looks delicious! Enjoy your chocolate 😀

15. Eric Jaffa says:

Does your sister read your blog?

If so, she knows waht her Christmas present is, half-a-year in advance.

1. True, but the real gift is reading the book’s contents, which she can’t do from my post.

16. I need to try jocalat – i still haven’t!

17. Jen says:

I’m glad you enjoyed the restaurant, because ethnic places can be hit or miss! Especially less common food like Moroccan. That place sounds pretty authentic. A lot of restaurants like that tend to not use a lot of dairy, making it easy to order vegan! Now I want some Moroccan food. Yummmm. Oh, and sleep? What’s that? Give your sister some chocolate and make her wake up! 🙂

1. She’s actually my friend, not my sister… but I’m not sharing my chocolate ;).

18. Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free says:

Awww 😀 So cute! I’m sure your sis will love that!

And gosh I know! Walking everywhere is tiring!

19. How fun! looks like a lovely day 🙂