Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Dark Chocolate Brownie Batter Dip

First came cookie dough dip.

And then, of course, there was also Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Dip.

Someday soon, you might see peanut butter and jelly dip, red velvet dip, and oatmeal-raisin dip. But today, things are taking a turn for the worse better chocolate.

brownie batter dip

Say hello to brownie batter dip.

A new addition to my Healthy Gluten-Free Recipes.

It’s also egg-free, soy-free, and there’s a sugar-free option as well. (All of my recipes are dairy-free.) There’s one thing this recipe s not free of, however, and that is addictiveness. Seriously. You’ve been warned.

Brownie Batter Dip

Inspired by the famous Cookie Dough Dip.

• 1 can garbanzo beans, drained (250g)
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • up to 2 tablespoons milk of choice
  • 1/4c nut butter of choice (or oil, if you don’t want any nut butter flavor)
  • 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • a little over 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2/3c dry sweetener (See link below for sugar-free option)
  • optional: feel free to add flaxmeal or quick oats

Combine all ingredients in a food processor (not blender, for best results) and process until very, very smooth. (If you want this to taste like brownie batter from a boxed mix, you can use dutch-processed cocoa or Hersheys special dark. Also: the recipe calls for 2/3 cup sweetener, but if you’re used to not-so-sweet desserts, you can probably get away with less.)

See the following link for: Sugar-Free Version.

Do you ever eat the raw batter when you bake?

I do! Especially the batter of my favorite Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Brownies.

In fact, I sometimes don’t even bother to cook the brownies at all. Instead, I just eat the batter with a spoon. Even when I do cook them, they somehow never yield as many brownies as the recipe says. I wonder why that is…

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. Sarahishealthy says:

Love this, Katie! I might just have to try it today!

2. christie f says:

Looks yummy…What do dip into the dip, besides a spoon or finger, anyway…? What’s your favorite “dipper” with it? Thanks!

1. You can dip anything! Graham crackers, banana slices, apples, your fingers… I know a few other bloggers have mixed the cookie dough dip into oatmeal or even ice cream!

1. christie f says:

Thank you for the VERY speedy reply! I love your blog, by the way…

1. Awww thank you so so much!

3. Yum. I would dip brownies in the brownie dip. That would be insane! And yes, of course I eat batter when I bake! That’s the only good reason for baking…

4. Who doesn’t like to eat the batter!! This looks so delicious! I wish the bean base didn’t do such a number on my stomach, though!

1. I’ve read that the solution to that is thorough rinsing if you are using canned beans and overnight soaking if you’re making your own beans.

1. Laura says:

Does this seriously help? My friend’s mom made a recipe similar to this one once and apparently got a mighty stomachache, that has made me a bit wary of trying these bean desserts.

5. Marianne says:

Beans are surprisingly friendly in a variety of sweet or dessert type options. I made a bean based cookie awhile back, and my dad just called them granola cookies, because he thought they tasted like granola – no idea I had put chickpeas in there.

I’ve been meaning to try out some sweet chickpea dips, but I have no working blender, and my food processor is on the verge of exploding…it’s so unfair, because this obviously looks delicious.

6. Faith @ For the Health of It says:

I love that you’re dipping chocolate in more chocolate. Only you, Katie…and that’s why I love your blog! Haha

7. Stephanie @ StephSnacks says:

I always eat the batter, how can you not 😉 ??

8. Aine @ Something to Chew Over says:

Yum yum, this looks dangerously good! I’m totally guilty of eating batter when cooking.

9. I always eat raw batter (even when an egg is involved). It’s not right, but it’s oh-so-good 🙂

1. Em says:

It’s sooooo worth the risk!
      Or make vegan cookies. Then you have no excuse not to eat the batter! 😉

10. Maxwell says:

Yum! Eating the batter is almost better than the finished result!

1. Kailey says:

Sometimes it IS better! 😉

11. Emma says:

HOLY YUM! I am in foodgasmic heaven!!!! Just made this, and it’s quite possibly the best thing I’ve eaten all year! I’d stay and tell you more about it, but I have to go eat some more!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂

12. Tiffany says:

Yum! This looks delish! What do you normally dip in it? Thanks!

1. You can dip anything: Graham crackers, banana slices, apples, your fingers… I know a few other bloggers have mixed the cookie dough dip into oatmeal or even ice cream!

13. Holly @ The Runny Egg says:

Yes I eat the raw dough — that is the best part about baking!

14. Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! says:

I am continually baffled by how you manage to come up with these amazing recipes day after day. Oh.My.Goodnes! I love raw batter, especially when it involves chocolate 😀

15. Charissa says:

Drool. This would be so yummy with graham crackers…and a big melted marshmellow on top. Yes.

1. Em says:

Oh now you’re talkin!

16. All I can say is…wow. You’ve outdone yourself again, Katie!! I can’t wait to try this 🙂

17. Ann Claire says:

This looks sooo delicious!!
    I ALWAYS eat the raw better, heck I’m not even sure why I bothering cooking stuff sometimes.

18. Ellen says:

Haha, I’m lucky if batters and doughs make it to my oven!

19. Karine says:

Haha, I also eat the batter… but only the “leftovers” when the dessert is in the oven (cheaper than a dishwasher!). But even this way… I always end up with LESS cookies/muffins/brownies/whatever than what the recipe says. :'(

1. Em says:

Haha me too! I have always loved licking the beaters, blender blades, whatever. Best part of baking!

20. Jess says:

Ooooh this looks yummy! Katie you’ve inspired me to be more creative with chickpeas! The other day I tried to make parsnip fries (I got the recipe from Oh she glows) and instead of coating them with nut butter I covered them with some chickpeas pureed with lemon juice and coconut oil with curry powder because I saw your “chickpea poppers” recipe and I thought they may make the chips kinda crunchy. It was YUMO! anyways I’m gonna try this chocky dip 🙂

1. Ooh parsnip fries sound fun!