Delicious Summer Dessert Recipes

Did you know it’s National Underwear Day?

I’m not sure what you’re supposed to do with that information, but I thought I’d tell ya anyway.

Luckily for you, National Underwear Day isn’t incorporated into the theme of today’s post. (Unless you want to make some Fruit of the Loom connection. But that’s a stretch.) Instead, the post highlights a few of my favorite summer-fruit recipes. Such as:

blueberry-m

Blueberry Pie Pancakes

Also known as the fattest pancakes ever. The recipe works with strawberries, too.

breakfastcobbler

Peach Breakfast Bake

So healthy you can have two bowls. For breakfast. Or maybe even dinner.

cherries1

Buttery Berry Crumble Bars

Recommended for parties or school lunches. Yeah, school lunches. Summer can’t last forever.

watermelon3

Watermelon Ice Cream

This is even more delicious if you substitute honeydew for the watermelon!

oat-parfait

Lavender Cream Parfait

Also known as the “love potion.”

sberry-cake1

Single-Serving Strawberry Shortcakes

I think strawberries are one of the prettiest summer fruits. Especially when they’re chocolate-covered strawberries. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

Question of the Day:

What are your favorite summer fruits?

Blueberries? Raspberries? Honeydew?

New Larabar Flavor Alert!!

Has anyone seen the Chocolate-Chip Cherry Torte Larabars yet?  Giveaway coming soon ;).

1. Diane says:

OMG new Larabars????!!!! I am so excited!!!! :) :)

Also, I love these “recipe round up” posts. They let me see many of your beautiful photos all in one post. The more CCK pictures in a post, the better ;).

2. Peaches are definitely my favorite summer fruit…. I really need to try your peach breakfast bake since I have a half bushel of peaches!

3. Hwesto says:

I love too many fruits! I love raspberries, strawberries, and cherries for summer.

I really want to try those blueberry pie pancakes but substitute with strawberries or raspberries…. :)

4. Jennifer JCD says:

It all looks so delicious!! I think Saskatoon berries are my favourite, although any berry will do. :)

1. I don’t think I’ve ever had those! I don’t even know what they look like!

1. Jennifer JCD says:

People keep telling me that. They’re super yummy, like blueberries yet not as sweet. We have three buskes of them in our garden and at the lake lot we pick them by the bucket-full from wild bushes. Mmmm….. Here’s the Wikipedia link:

1. Jennifer JCD says:

Ugh… typo… *bushes

1. Ooh they look cute! I would love to try ’em… I’ll keep an eye out, but I’ve never seen them for sale around here!

5. Lauren W says:

Maybe you’re supposed to buy new underwear? No idea…. 😀 Berries are the best right now! Pancakes sounds good but I just had cobbler for breakfast and fro yo for lunch. I think I need some veggies!

6. Watermelon and any berries! Alll soo good! 😀 Hee too bad there isn’t a National Fruit Day…

7. Like I needed another reason to buy Larabars! Thanks for the reminder of all your beautiful recipes… my favorite summer fruit (today) is a perfectly ripe peach! :)

8. Sarahishealthy says:

My favorite summer fruit is deifnitely your blueberry pie pancakes! Oh wait, that’s not exactly a fruit is it? 😉 Oh but I do love them so!

9. Strawberries and Watermelon!!! I’m excited to try that peach bake though. It looks delicious!

10. Tricia says:

Yummy :) those look delicious and the new larabars sound amazing!

11. Just so ya know, the pancakes also work with raspberries and chocolate chips!! I loveeeee berries in the summer. Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries…yum!

Happy national underwear day!

1. NaturalAsCanBe says:

It’s so hard to pick favorites! But I might have to go with raspberries or blackberries… No, wait, watermelon… But strawberries are so delicious, too… Agh! I love them all. (-;

1. NaturalAsCanBe says:

Oops, I didn’t mean to leave a reply… I meant to submit it as it’s own comment. Sorry about that; I’m a tad embarrassed. 😉

1. LOL I do that all the time!

2. I really need to try that… chocolate-raspberry is my favorite combination ever :).

12. Kat says:

chocolate chip cherry torte sounds awesome!
    I made blueberry pie pancakes for breakfast this morning. They were super fat and so delicious! I was suprised at how well they came out – with GF flour, you never know what you’re gonna get, but they were perfect! xo

1. I’m so glad! I definitely need more practice when it comes to gluten-free baking.

13. hippierunner says:

Fresh blackberries warm off the vine from my garden- I discovered I LOVED those this summer.

14. Tiffany says:

I don’t know how you come up with these recipes, but keep ’em coming! I love them all! And love that they’re so much healthier than traditional treats. And yes, I need to start getting prepared for school lunches! Such a challenge for me to pack healthy lunches that my kids will eat…ugh.

1. It is hard… it would be so much easier to pack healthy lunches if every kid had access to a fridge. Not that this would be plausible… :(

15. Strawberries or watermelon for sure!

16. ahhh im so excited for the new larabars! they sounds amazing!!
    great post kt! your blueberry pancakes always make my stomach grumble!

17. Stefanie says:

It all looks good. My favorite summer fruits are melons, peaches, grapes, and berries. I think that is all of the fruits available in summer. :)

18. I love all berries in the summer. I’m addicted to melo at the moment too!

19. Kat says:

My favorite summer fruits are BLUEBERRIES! I love them so,so much! But they’re so expensive in Germany… :(

20. Jenny says:

Haha, nice! I mean, kudos to you for making that Fruit of the Loom connection. XD Took me a second to get it… I definitely would have never thought of that. But hey! At least you managed to make a connection between fruity recipes and National Underwear Day!

Favourite summer fruit are, as many other people have already said, blueberries! I think my summer fruit preference is a bit like: blueberries > raspberries > blackberries > [strawberries – I’ve heard they’re a spring fruit though?] > cherries. I don’t like other stone fruits, though; no peaches, plums, apricots, or nectarines for me, thank you.

That picture of those blueberry pancakes always makes me drool a bit… I swear it’s one of your best food-photos. Actually made me stop and regret not having those for breakfast!

1. You are the sweetest, Jenny!
      (Well, maybe you and blueberries… :))