Chocolate-Covered Fail

Hi chocolate chips!

Sorry about the blog issues this morning. My site’s host went down unexpectedly, and I was so frustrated because I’d scheduled a really fun recipe post: double chocolate brownie pancakes. The site going down threw a wrench in my chocolate-covered plans:

Pancakes Monday, Chocolate Fudge Pops Tuesday, Healthy Cool Whip Wednesday…

The site going down—and me not being able to do a single thing about it—drove me crazy! I guess it was a lesson for me to not take myself too seriously. I tried to busy myself with non-computer activities, to take my mind off of the broken blog.

Something that didn’t help? Giving my computer evil looks and reloading my page a million times a minute. All that did was waste time… and hurt my fingers. Roar.

Question of the Day:

Is anyone else a control freak too??

I also probably should work on my patience :-?.

1. I saw (and still have) the pancake recipe in my google reader… just FYI and also score for me cause they look BOMB.

I hate technical difficulties! Glad you and I cope the same.

xo

2. I’m being just a tiny bit (okay totally) of a control freak over my wedding. But hey, I only plan on doing it once!

3. Erm,yes,I am a serious control freak. It’s even anoying for me sometimes because I check everything twice or even more times…
    However,I was already wondering if my computer had a problem as it didn’t load your page,but I am relieved it were “just” technical problems. Looking forward to tomorrow’s post already! 😀

4. Site issues are so, so frustrating!! If only glaring at the computer with death stares would work. Or maybe throwing it up against the wall..because that’s the only thing I ever want to do when that happens. I’m glad you got it all figured out, though! 🙂

5. Don’t worry, I, too, have zero patience when it comes to computer issues. I am an IT person, so I’m used to being the one fixing computer problems – when I have to wait on someone else to fix something, I just about lose it. I’m expected to keep my systems running 24/7 and expect the same of others.

1. I was seriously about to lose it today when, at the end of a very frustrating conversation, the Bluehost guy was like, “Take a survey at the end of this conversation… and have a nice day!”
      Um, really? Grrrrr!!!

6. Aja says:

I’m terrible with patience and I am a complete control freak. I got it from my mom. Computer issues are really annoying. I’m glad you’re back up and I look forward to tomorrow’s post.

7. Jennifer says:

I hate computer problems. When I couldn’t get to your blog this morning, I was immediately blaming the shoddy internet servers at the university. I guess I should apologize to them. On second thought, they are still shoddy–just for different reasons!

1. LOL oh this made me laugh! Yes, you’re right: they probably deserve your evil thoughts too!! 😉

8. Jennifer JCD says:

Yay, it’s back! Hurray! I can start skiving off work again. 😉

Me, a control freak: yes, definitely. I have to remind myself not to let it get out of hand at times.

9. Aisatsana says:

Yay! I’m glad you’re blog is back up. I missed reading a post from you this morning… 🙁 Sorry about your technical difficulties….so frustrating.
    I can’t wait for the double chocolate brownie pancakes tomorrow!!! 🙂
    (BTW, that picture of the mint chocolate chip ice cream is stunning. I love it!)

10. You shouldn’t worry about it girl! 🙂 We’ll just be as excited about it tomorrow…… I may be a bit of a control freak… just maybe 😉

11. VeggieGirl says:

No one is as impatient as I am – I feel ya. But no worries on the blog issues! All is well 🙂

12. ;l says:

I need to work on my patience too! I am a huge control freak as well 😉

1. Yeah…that was me typing really fast haha…sorry!!

1. LOL! I liked the name. I was like, “Hmm, well that’s different!”

13. Nichole says:

I’m a control freak too (I get it from my mother) and it really sucks 😡 because you really can’t control that much in life. Just try to go with the flow. I can’t wait for tomorrow’s recipe! 😀

14. I try to not let things out of my control bother me. There are enough things IN my control that gets on my nerves! lol

15. Aine @ Something to Chew Over says:

I was wondering what was going on! I saw you had a new post with my Google Reader but when I went to read it on your blog it was your last post!

Sorry you’re having techie difficulties 🙁 I’d just take a break and go for a run or something!

1. Balancing Sylvia says:

Good call! I always go for a run when I’m frustrated. You almost alway feel better and then hey, you got an extra workout in 🙂

16. Balancing Sylvia says:

I too saw the pancake recipe but everytime I went to the actual post, I 404’d it 🙂 They sound and looked delicious! Can’t wait for the healthy cool whip though, since I’m a big fan of the stuff in a can. Thanks for letting me know that my computer doesn’t entirely suck!

17. Anna says:

I do like to be in control. Student teaching this last year taught me to be organized and to go with the flow. My first mentor was extremely organized and I knew exactly what I was in charge of. My second mentor would often tell me what I was doing as she was sending me out with students which was nerve racking. I survived 😀

18. Ellen says:

It’s amazing how quickly we get frustrated with technology when it does not do what we want instantly! Imagine how crazy everyone would ge if we had to go back to the days of dial-up?
    Love the post’s title, by the way. If you are going to have a fail, might as well make sure it’s chocolate covered:)

19. Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn says:

Wahhh g-frand! It’s okay! Nobody’s perrrrfect, you gotta work it 😉 I can’t wait for the recipe tomorrah!

20. Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free says:

Ugh! That really sucks….computer difficulties are the worst because there really isn’t much yo can do about it! (Unless you are some kind off technology whizz….not me! )

And oh my. I cannot wait for that recipe!!!

1. Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free says:

Hey Katie!

I don’t mean to be a pain, but do you have a page where it lists all of your fudge baby flavors? I know you used to have a “Baby-Making” page, but I can’t seem to find it…