Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

The Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Pie

P.S. Thanks to all who now follow me on Pinterest!

What if I told you that in less than ten minutes, you can make this homemade chocolate fudge pie:

Don’t let the healthy ingredients fool you! This rich chocolate pie is so luxurious and so decadent it turned even my health-food-hating boyfriend into a believer. I swear by the recipe for parties and holidays... It does not disappoint! Full recipe:

What if I told you that this chocolate fudge pie is…

• Dangerously rich and delicious
  • Much healthier than it tastes – and lower in calories!
  • Did I mention it only has 6 ingredients?

Warning: If you bring this chocolate pie to parties, people will devour every last chocolatey bite. And then they’ll realize they’re about to choke from gobbling it up so fast they forgot to stop and breathe. Sounds intense… but don’t worry. If you make this, you will never bring it to a party.

You won’t want to share.

Chocolate Fudge Pie - Don’t let the healthy ingredients fool you! - This chocolate pie is so good it turns even people who claim to hate healthy food into believers... The recipe does not disappoint! @choccoveredkt

The ultimate “does not taste healthy” dessert.

Even my health-food-hating friends like this pie. Actually, I don’t know a single person who doesn’t! If you’re looking for a healthy dessert to bring to a party that does NOT taste healthy, this is the dessert to bring.

Well, maybe this pie and the Deep Dish Cookie Pie.

tofu chocolate pie

My friends say it’s a tie. I say this pie wins.

chocolate pie

I am 25 years old today! Someone suggested I should take the day off from blogging. But that’d be no fun. You know what would be fun? Sharing one of my absolute favorite recipes in the whole wide world!

The Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Pie

Print This Recipe 4.67/5

• 12.3 oz silken or firm tofu (I highly recommend Mori-Nu silken-firm for no aftertaste)
  • 1 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp milk of choice
  • scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 8 to 10 oz chocolate chips (about 1 1/2 cups or more)
  • 2-3 tbsp sweetener of choice (If you are used to less-sweet desserts, you can omit)
  • optional: extracts, flavorings, or liqueurs
Total Time: 5m
Yield: 8-10 slices

Carefully melt the chocolate (either on the stove or in the microwave – google how to melt chocolate), then throw everything into a food processor and blend until super-smooth. Pour into a pie crust if desired. Fridge until chilled. This gets firmer and firmer, the longer it sits. It’s also firmer if you use firm tofu and more like mousse pie if you use silken.

I promise you, everyone will rave about it, and no one will believe it has tofu!!

View Chocolate Tofu Pie Nutrition Facts

vegan chocolate cream pie

Not a fan of tofu?

Try this recipe: Soy Free Chocolate Fudge Cake.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Tracy says:

Hi! Is there anything I could use instead of the tofu? Doesn’t matter if it’s healthy or not =x

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

There is a soy-free option listed at the bottom, if you read through to the end of the post.

1. Tracy says:

I clicked on that and it took me to a completely different recipe… A raspberry chocolate fudge cake

2. Hanna says:

This pie is AMAZING!!! Just sent it to some friends on a diet and they totally loved it!! Just wondering – can you freeze this recipe?
    Thanks again!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

I don’t think it freezes well.

3. Teresa says:

Ok. So basically, if you love chocolate AND healthy eating, you need this pie. If you appreciate things that don’t seem like they should work but do (and oh, this really works), you need this pie. If you live with people who don’t believe that health food can be delicious food, you need to make this pie and give it to them, because they will be blown away! I made this with soft Mori-Nu silken tofu, and didn’t use a crust, so we just ate it as a mousse. If you use a crust, though, I think it would definitely work as a mousse pie. When I asked my dad what he guessed it was made of, before I spilled the beans, he guessed eggs and cream! It is truly delicious. It had no tofu flavor in the slightest, but you MUST use Mori-Nu tofu… Other tofus do not blend nearly as well, flavor-wise. Also, I sweetened partially with some Better Stevia extract. My chocolate chips had some sugar, but to add just a little more sweetness, four drops of the extract were perfect, and the flavor was undetectable. I just love this recipe! Katie, you ALWAYS impress! :)

4. gabriella says:

This was better than I had imagined. Mine turned the texture of icing when I refrigerated it. I’m eating it with a spoon since I didn’t make a pie but just put it in a container (like pudding). I think I will use this as a cake frosting. It’s way better than a margerine-based one would be. Thank you so much for the recipe. My daughter loved it, but my son thought it was too bitter. I used vegan semi-sweet chips. Next time I will make it with a different kind to see if it’s less bitter (even though I loved its bitterness). Also I agree it doesn’t really need the extra added sweetener. I used vegan sugar, but it would be great without. Having a bit of trouble putting it back in the fridge it’s that good. Thanks again!

5. Connie Morton says:

How do I get this recipe?

1. Hi Connie,

I’m not really sure what you mean… The recipe is posted above in the post.

1. Connie says:

Yes, it lists the ingredients but not really the recipe. How to put it together. I have several recipes I want but can’t get them this way. Thanks Katie

1. I’m just really not sure what you mean :(
          Here are the recipe instructions:

Melt the chocolate (either on the stove or in the microwave), then throw everything into a food processor and blend until super-smooth. Pour into a pie crust if desired. (I hate pie crust and therefore usually keep it crustless.) Fridge until chilled. This gets firmer and firmer, the longer it sits. (It’s firmer if you use firm tofu and more like mousse pie if you use silken.)

6. Nicole B. says:

I apologize if someone has asked this already but the comments list is quite long and I’m looking for something rather specific. Have you or anyone else tried making this with an alternative tofu? Like Chickpea tofu? I’ve been personally trying to stay away from soy when I can but this recipe looks incredible and I don’t think I can help myself with trying it either way, just thought I’d ask :)

7. laineybin says:

I just made this tonight and wow, it’s just like the chocolate mousse I remember from my vegetarian days. Thanks for this.

8. Linda says:

Happy Birthday 2011 and Happy Thanksgiving 2014! You saved my holiday with your pie recipe. I took a picture and will upload it if possible. I used regular tofu because I had it. Found your recipe just yesterday. I added a pinch of cinnamon and used agave plus carob chips. Mine is darker than yours, but yours couldn’t be any better than mine. IT IS DELICIOUS!

9. mary says:

A friend brought this to a dinner we had last night. IT WAS AMAZING! She said she got recipe on Chocolate Covered Katie- which I already follow so we were able to pass your blog along to a couple more guest. I will be making this for sure for Christmas parties!

10. Amy Jones says:

Thank you for sharing this recipe! This is one of my new favorite desserts. Even my son likes it, which is saying a lot!!! Thank you for sharing your fantastic healthier dessert recipes. You are my go to website when looking for desserts. Have a blessed day:)

11. Missy says:

I just want you to know how thankful I am that I’ve found your blog. I am a registered dietitian and appreciate the importance of not only healthier desserts but treats with a nutrition boost! I received your cookbook for Christmas and made the Chocolate Infinity Pie last night with the crust (very similar to this recipe) and fell in love with it! I have a one year old and it felt amazing being able to share a piece of delicious pie with him that had nutritional value. My whole family loves your recipes. Thank you for all you do! :)

12. corlyn says:

I made this for our Superbowl party and served it to a bunch of guys. Not your vegan health nut guys but the normal wing eating, pop drinking football fan guys! They LOVED it! When I told them it was made with tofu they asked for and devoured a 2nd slice! Great recipe! Instead of adding stevia I added a couple scoops of Nature’s Sunshine Chocolate Smart Meal protein powder which increased the protein content and added the sweetness mainly from stevia.

13. Mary says:

Hi Katie!
    Just FYI I recently found your site and I LOVE IT. So many fantastic recipes and with great ingredients. I wanted to let you know I made your chocolate pie and got race reviews. My sister has a gluten allergy so I was going to make your gluten free pie crust but realized I had no nuts so I concocted a no-bake crust using unsweetened coconut flakes, oats, coconut oil, cocoa and a little bit of milk and it was delicious. Thank you again for your recipes.

14. Nicole says:

This is an old blog post, but I have made this pie a few times now and it is AMAZING. My goal isn’t even to have something “healthy”, but to have something dairy-free that is still rich and creamy, and this is absolutely perfect. The fact that it’s so easy is just icing on the…pie?

My favorite presentation is to make it into s’more pie by putting the filling in a graham cracker crust and topping with vegan marshmallows. I crowd the marshmallows and toast them under the broiler. This pie is unbelievable and always gets rave reviews. Thank you for your awesome recipes!

15. Michelle says:

I can’t believe how yummy this was. I have to admit that I was a little reluctant to make it due to the tofu. I mean tofu in a pie, really? I am so happy that I did make it. So easy and quick to make. This is a new staple! Thanks!!!

16. Ally says:

Looks divine!

17. Maureen Goddard says:

Do you have a good suggestion for a lower calorie pie crust? Looks like the pie crust will add about 100-150 calories to each slice…. =(

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Try this one! It is low carb and flourless too.

18. Meredith says:

I know this is now years-old but it’s still alive in 2015 – I tried it and loved it! So I wrote it up and linked to you on my new fitness blog – you are one clever girl!!

19. Lorraine says:

I’m planning on making this for pi(e) day (3.14) tomorrow! What crust would you recommend with it? Thanks!

1. Lorraine says:

That’s what I used! I added some coconut oil to the crust and baked it at around 300 degree for about 20 minutes to make sure it stuck together and not to the pan. Then I added the filling and let it set. It looks like it worked! I’ll find out how the taste and texture turned out tonight. :) Thanks Katie!

20. Luna says:

OH MY GOD! This is so amazing! I like mug cakes so I make them often, but my dad always complains and says “Why don’t you make something for the whole family?”. So I made some vegan cakes, but apparently vegan desserts “aren’t real desserts”. I made this and had him taste it and he looked me in the eyes and said “I’m sorry. I take it all back. This is the best thing I’ve ever tasted!”

Thank you so much!

21. thefoodstruggler says:

Thanks for the recipe!
    Like Katie mentioned: the longer it sits the more compact it becomes. I did it the day before my lunch date and it was pretty compact. Still I find the taste very adequate.
    I did a banana/coconut flakes base and added some coconut flakes in the filling
    I plan to do it again for a bake sale and I will definitely go for silken tofu this time.

22. Dana says:

Thanks for the recipe, looks awesome.
    What can replace the chocolate chips? I have diabetes and I prefer to substitute with cocoa powder and not with “sugar-free” chocolate that contains unhealthy sweeteners.
    Thank you!

1. Lorrin says:

Dana, I made it with unsweetened chocolate and sweetened it with stevia. It turned out amazing! So as long as you are okay with using stevia, you could give it a try. I like to use Ghirardelli 100% cacao baking bars.

1. Dana says:

Thank you!

23. Lorrin says:

Oh. My. Gosh. This turned out AMAZING! It’s magically thick and uber rich!! Oh, I’m in love! At first I thought I’d done something wrong because it got so thick in the food processor, but it turned out FANTASTIC!

24. thefoodstruggler says:

Ever tried the recipe for a mango pie, replacing chocolate by ripe mangoes?

25. AD says:

Well, let’s just say that a nice portion of this did not make it into the pie crust because I kept tasting throughout the process! This mousse is DELICIOUS! And this is from someone who is not vegan or even vegetarian, merely attempting to be more health-conscious.

26. Nathan David says:

This looks awesome. I wonder if you have ever made a cheesecake using pureed cottage cheese instead of cream cheese? I wonder if that would work in this recipe? I’ve done it for blueberry topped lime cheesecake and had good results.

27. Diane says:

This pie is the best!!! I just made it tonight and I think I could have just grabbed a spoon and enjoyed with filling! LOL It is very rich and just lovely! I used the firm tofu….can’t wait to taste it after it chills. I am sharing this recipe with everyone!

28. Elsa says:

Just got done, now in the fridge chilling. We shall see when my husband gets home he is the chocolate lover :)

29. Sarah says:

Just made this for Father’s Day dinner tomorrow night, and the filling tastes delicious! I calculated the WW PointsPlus using regular semi-sweet chocolate chips, Simple Truth firm tofu, Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, Stevia in the Raw, and a frozen pie crust. 9 PointsPlus! Yikes! Do the vegan chocolate chips make a huge difference in calories and fat? Never bought them before….. Thanks!

30. Anticarnist says:

It only just occurred to me to leave a comment here to thank you for this.
    I tend to make this twice a month just to SHOCK people with it when I tell them it’s mostly tofu (and then they ask what that is) and only 140 calories a slice. Best AND easiest dessert ever!

31. Kierce says:

I wanted to tell you that I make this ALL OF THE TIME! When I first stumbled across the recipe, probably 6 months ago now, I made it every weekend for like two months trying out different things (sweeteners, milks, lack of, etc) and making people try it to see if they could guess there was tofu in it lol.

Seriously though, thank you! This is the best chocolate pie! I have yet to find someone who doesn’t lIke it!

(Mention: I like to keep it in the fridge for a couple of days before digging in, gives it a nice and delicious texture)

32. Anne says:

Hey Katie,
    I have a little question for you: I calculated the ingredients you used for this pie and doesn´t matter how I always end up with about 200 cals per slice (based on 8 slices). Yes, I use a tofu that has slightly more cals, also the chocolate chips,…but even if I calculate with these numbers, I end up with close to 200. Could you help me out here, please :-)!?

And I have a little suggestion to make: I love love love what you do here and it inspires me a lot! One thing I do struggle with, I often don´t know what pan size the pies/cakes and so on are for. Also you sometimes write down the nutrition facts, without mentioning for how many people/portions the recipe actually is,…that sometimes confuses me a bit.

Keep up the good work…I truly love it :-)

33. Anita S says:

saw a link to this from your new chocolate pie recipe and wanted to give it a try. quick question though: does using firm tofu make the pie chalky? I bought some firm tofu by mistake (my fault for not reading the package) and don’t like using it in my protein shakes because it makes them chalky. I’ve been trying to find a recipe to use it in ever since. Will it work well in this recipe? If not any recommendations for other dessert recipes on here that call for firm tofu?

34. Tiffany Johnson says:

I just made this for dessert tonight. I have never had tofu. I licked the spatula clean. OMG YUM!

35. Mizu says:

Hey Katie! Thanks for the recipie. Tried it out with pie crust, and it was really good – I used firm tofu instead of silken (only thing in the refridgerator). I thought it was quite good, but family & friends thought the texture was too heavy, and a few declined any more when I couldn’t resist telling them it was tofu. Tips for texture and also getting non-health-food nut friends to try these kinds of recipies with an open mind?

36. Corinna says:

By any chance have you developed a version of this that is not chocolate? Not sure how I ended up with children who do not like chocolate, but two of my three just don’t. Perhaps I burned them out on it Anyway, wondering about a version with lemon juice and zest, white chocolate chips, maybe eliminate the milk since there would be nothing powdered with the cocoa powder being eliminated… Would it taste of tofu then or would the lemon be enough to disguise it? Before I try this I thought I’d check in and see if you have already, or have made tofu based non chocolate desserts.

37. Meloni Simpson says:

Happy Birthday Katie. I pray your day is truly blessed

38. Sue Clayton says:

What kind of chocolate chips do you use or recommend?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

I know she has said in the past that she likes brands such as Equal Exchange, Enjoy Life, and Ghirardelli (the gold colored bag). Hope that helps!

39. Sarah says:

This looks amazing! Does the calories count include the pie crust?

40. Lizzy says:

I have tried sooo many of your recipes, and they all come out SPLENDIDLY! I have been wanting to try this recipe for a while, but I never seem to keep vegan chocolate on hand. I was wondering if subbing chocolate protein powder would work for the chocolate chips? This way I’ll get more nutrition per bite for my active days. Let me know!!! :)

41. Ana Vera says:

I suggest you eat this with a side of strawberries, cause mine came out waaay too chocolatey, and I definitely needed to balance the flavor. Interesting texture, I loved it!

42. lyrana says:

Sry if this has been asked before, but do the nutrition facts include the crust? I noticed the crust wasn’t listed in the ingredients so I wanted to be sure.

43. Amber Latner says:

I made this pie using the recipe from your cookbook, which looks to be nearly the same as this one — it is TO DIE FOR!!! It set beautifully and is so chocolatey and creamy. I made a regular butter and flour crust (because I love them) and ate it with a dollop of whipped cream and it was delicious. I was hoping to send you a picture of how pretty it was but I haven’t figured out how to do that on your website.

Thanks Katie!

44. Hungry Heather says:

This tastes unbelievable! I made a half recipe to use up half a tofu block. BEST CHOCOLATE MOUSSE IVE EVER HAD!!!! Used Hershey’s milk chocolate for the chips. I’m so excited, I’m already thinking of who I’m going to sneak tofu to. 😈

45. sarah says:

Which grocery stores in Texas carry Mori-Nu silken firm tofu? Thanks

46. nancy says:

I wish you would include a printable form of your recipes.

47. nancy says:

I meant to say please offer a printable form of your recipes minus the photo in the middle of it- uses far too much ink.