Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Help! I’m turning into a _______________!

A hilarious card from one of my friends:

chocolate chip birthday

I could not stop laughing at this card!!

(Except the card-makers got it wrong. It should say Katie’s chocoholism.)

Personalize this card: what food would you dress like?
A giant pumpkin? A jar of peanut butter? A stalk of broccoli?!

1. That card is awesome!

Glad you had a great birthday! And a great post birthday breakfast! :) I have to make that…

I’m not sure what food I’d dress as… either a really chocolate fudgy brownie or a lemon bar.
    I know, complete opposites. :) But love them both!

2. Shannon says:

I love peanut butter so i’d dress up as a peanut butter jar..yep! :)

3. Allie says:

YES to dessert for breakfast 😀 And happy belated birthday! Maybe I’d dress as a bowl of oatmeal, but I feel like that would be horribly unflattering…

1. LOL! Well it couldn’t look much worse than that chocolate-chip hat. Then again, wait… it’s mushy, white oatmeal. Maybe it could ;).

4. Lenna says:

Well, I would dress like a giant…oatmeal? Oh, that would be gross, really! But still it is my fave meal ever :)) A giant apple may be the second (and much better) option!

5. Hahaha that card was great! I would def. dress up like chocolate too!

6. Lori says:

Happy belated birthday!! I hope you had a fantastic one!!

7. Barb says:

happy happy belated birthday! I’m so glad you had a wonderful day! My breakfast was also delicious, and paired with one of your recipes – frappacino ice pops!

8. haha, that card is hilarious! I love ones like that!! The food I would start do resemble is coffee!

9. Glad you had such a bomb birthday! That card and breakie rocks :)

10. ahaha that is great, and so appropriate! And its great that you can eat your pie for breakfast, just shows how healthy it truly is to be able to start your day with it!

11. That card is amazing.

I would probably be dark chocolate peanut butter…or maybe an avocado :)

12. ID DEFS b a jar of peanut butter NO DOUBT!… im guessing… a hot drink!

13. So glad your birthday was FABULOUS! Your pie looked incredible–I was in class when I saw it, and I literally wanted a piece then and there. 😀

That card is SO perfect for you! I already dress like rainbow chard, because I love colours, colours, colours! <3

14. Gen says:

What a cute card!!! 😀 I’d definitely have a jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams on there! 😀

15. Moni'sMeals says:

the card is BRILLIANT! love it. :)

16. Is tomorrow’s recipe…some sort of pumpkin spice latte??

Judging by my WIAW I should be turning into banana soft serve! Soon it’ll be a can of pumpkin puree though!

17. I’m glad you had a nice birthday! That card is awesome :)

18. AGREED! My mum ate leftover cake from her birthday the day after too! I’ll be a fluffy sweet yeasted bun YUM! You DESERVE to be the luckiest girl in the world. 😉

19. Love that card!! How perfect for you :) Perhaps a Halloween costume this year??

Fingers crossed that tomorrow’s Starbucks inspired recipe is Pumpkin Spice Latte!!!! Can’t wait to get one for lunch .. well, with lunch 😉

1. Oh. my. pie.
      That is brilliant, Liz! I am totally doing that!!!

20. Ashley says:

Just like the card– chocolate all the way:)

21. I’m so glad you had a great birthday! :)

I’d be a bowl of hot oats with a dollop of almond butter!

22. Bree says:

I would dress up as a dessert pizza…preferably a chocolate chip one…AHH!!!! Now I want to make one..haha. That should be your next endeavor ;P

Glad you had an awesome birthday! That epic haha.

1. Bree says:

OH MY GOSH! I can’t believe I haven’t seen that!!

23. Molly says:

Happy late birthday! and I’m going to have to guess maybe your take on a pumpkin spice latte? I sure hope!:)

24. I’m so glad you had a good birthday Katie! You so deserved it :)

I’d dress as chocolate ice cream. Mmmmmmm.

And I think you should totally make over Starbuck’s salted caramel drink..thing. With the addition of chocolate…or does it come with chocolate?
    Or make an oatbowl of it… :)

1. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of that one! Must google!

25. bitt of raw says:

happy birthday! you deserve some time off. i have a question: your feed is not showing up in my mobile google reader. last post was when you said you moved. do i need to resubscribe or it is just a glitch with the reader (highly possible). thanks!

1. Oh no! That does not make me happy… I am worried now that it’s like that for other people.

I think it can be fixed though, if you clear your cache (go to “internet options” and clear all cookies/history/etc). Apparently you should do that anyway, every now and then, to get rid of cookies and help your pages load faster.

If you try it, will you let me know if it fixes the problem? I’d be really interested to know, because I am not tech-savvy at all, and that’s the only thing I can think of!

26. I would just be a giant piece of cereal.
    And I’m thinking that should be your halloween costume 😀

27. Jennyb says:

I’d dress as a beetroot – i’m addicted to purple!

28. Kim says:

Honestly? I would dress like an artichoke 😛

And I admit I haven’t got round to making that awesome-looking chocolate pie because I spent too much time fooling around making other things with my new Magic Bullet! I finally made dressing that has the texture and flavour of Little Creek dressing! Still a little thick but it makes a nice veggie dip at this point.

Happy (belated) Birthday!

1. wanda says:

Came across this blog searching little creek dressing…
      Was wondering if you would send me the receipt for your dressing?

29. Jennifer JCD says:

Perfect card! You have the greatest friends! I hope you had a delightful day. Hmm… if I were to dress up as a food, it would be corn on the cob or a slice of cake (complete with sprinkles). Eh, my favourite foods change so often… tomorrow I may want to be a pumpkin.

30. Amber K says:

Awesome breakfast! Glad you had a great birthday :)

31. HA! so funny 😀 Maybe I’d dress like a peanut because I like peanut butter? It works for the Planter’s peanut man!

32. The card is so gorgeous!! 😀
    I’d definitely be a tomato… Lol,I’m always wondering why I haven’t become red already!

33. Haha omg! That card is so perfect for you! Your friend must have been so excited when she found it! I think I would dress like a piece of cheese… is that weird? Haha but it’s my favorite food…plus I’m already really pale! 😉

1. I can’t judge… I used to have “cheese” as part of my aim screenname. Then I became a vegan. No one would’ve predicted it ;).

34. What a card! It’s like it was made for you!

35. Katherine says:

I love that card! And I would probably dress as a tub of plain yogurt…I eat yogurt every day! I buy the large tubs to save on cost, but I go through them in about a week…

36. Haha, that’s a very cute card! I love when people find cards that are very personal to me! I’d look like a bowl of ice cream!!! not sure how i’d translate that into an outfit…

37. Gosh that card is amazing! Totally me too! Guess that is why I love your blog so much! :)
    My personalized card– A head of lettuce saying “Lettuce tell you happy birthday” Hahahaha!

38. Jennifer says:

I’m turning into a jar of peanut butter. Seriously.

Seeing your breakfast, I was reminded of the conversation I had on Sunday about whether it is ok to eat cake for breakfast. I was truly surprised by who in our group was in favor and who was against. The biggest “foodie” of the group was totally all for cake for breakfast while the others were a little upset by the idea.

1. I would definitely be on the OK side. Life is short and it’s not healthy to eat healthy 100% of the time… if that makes any sense lol!

39. Toni says:

I love that card ( I showed everyone at work – we love and bond over anything chocolate!). Your blog has so many great recipes and amazing pictures! I’m following you now and can’t wait to see what else you come up with! Happy Birthday! September birthdays are the best 😉

1. Aww thank you so much, Toni!! Chocolate hugs!

40. Haha! Love the card. Yep, I’d totally dress up like a jar of peanut butter.!!!

41. That card is so cute! I would have said peanut butter but it seems like the majority went that way! I have been eating a LOT of tomatoes lately so I would probably dress up as a big red tomato! So flattering! 😀

42. Sarah says:

I NEVER remember ANYBODY’S birthday. Anybody happens to include myself. I kid you not. I routinely forget my birthday. Then a friend calls to say happy birthday and I immediately inform them that it is NOT my birthday so this trick isn’t funny especially at 6 in the morning so get off my phone you big moron! At about 10 in the morning, i promptly return the call to apologize for not saying thank you to their birthday wishes and i have to go eat some cake you big moron. Then i wonder why when i call 10 days after THEIR birthday at 6 in the morning they call me “you big moron”. People are so rude. ESPECIALLY when i call on their birthday. I DO call on their birthday. Right?

43. Sarah says:

BTW- if i had to dress up as a food item it would be eggplant. Why? Because i hate it. I detest it. Here is my reasoning. Let’s say i want some ice cream. So i go outside my local ice cream shop… only to see some dude dressed up as cheap vanilla soft serve. Suddenly, i think i’ll go for a milkshake. Ice cream doesn’t sound so good… especially when Vanilla Soft Serve dude dances that weird jig. Yeah, definitely a milk shake. So maybe i can discourage others from eating eggplant. And they’ll go for a milkshake.

1. That’s really a smart way of looking at it! And it made me think of another good reason you should dress as something you don’t like: otherwise you’d want to eat yourself! 😕

1. Sarah says:

very true! And if that doesn’t deter you from dressing like your fave food, i would go see a counselor.

44. Starbucks inspired recipe…hmmm, maybe something pumpkin themed? Seems that everyone is hot and heavy into pumpkin already this year!

So glad you had a happy bday and that you DONT have a recipe today…that just means you were out living life, enjoying your bday, and not worrying about blogging. GOOD for you!! :)

45. Something with chai? I love starbucks chai tea (not latte, tea). Yum :)

46. Happy B-Day! (Even if it’s late).

My fave food changes on a regular basis…right now I would be a giant CHERRY!!!! YUMMM!

47. Fran M says:

LOL, what a fun card. I would dress like a sprout. I just love sprouts. I am a bit on the short side too….so that would be perfect! LOL

48. Right now I’m practically turning into a watermelon. I just ate a huge bowl! In a few weeks, I’ll be trading my green striped rind for an orange one…pumpkin season is almost here! Yhea!

49. I dressed up as a Hershey’s Kiss one year for Halloween. Had a silver wig and the little Hershey’s tag coming out of the top of the wig! So, I might be as crazy about chocolate as you are!

50. HAHA I love that card!! I got cards like that too…people know us well 😉

I would be chocolate. Or nut butter. Or chocolate nut butter mmmmmm……

51. SOOO happy you had a great bday!! love the card!!!!!

52. Albizia says:

Funny card! I should probably dress like a cookie. I eat way too many cookies :( .

By the way, leftover cake is the best breakfast EVER!

53. Kathy says:

I would dress up as…er…no this is a hard question :P. I’d be a…jar of peanut butter ;D bwahaha.
    When the link was loading to see what you were going to eat for breakfast, I just thought, ‘Did she eat that pie from the last post…?’

54. Paige says:

Pumpkin spice latte?!

55. Tara says:

I got that card twice for my birthday! Obviously people know what to get chocoholics like us. My grandma, a fellow chocolate fiend, gave me it with a box of truffles and my best friend gave it to me while on the Chocolate Tour of Philadelphia that we did to celebrate our birthdays. Though honestly, I think I’d dress like a muffin!

1. Hahaha wow, that card really gets around! And, um, did you just say CHOCOLATE tour of Philadelphia??? I lived there for 6 years… how did I not know about this????

56. BroccoliHut says:

I’m pretty sure I’m going to turn into a bag of broccoli slaw one of these days…that doesn’t sound very appealing, does it?

57. what a cute card!!! i would dress up as a jar of peanut butter. hmm i actually wish i WAS a jar of peanut butter. no no that wouldn\t work.. i wish i had a jar of endless peanut butter. Glad you had a super duper birthday and i hope someone made YOU the biggest bestest tastiest awesomest birthday chocolately goodness EVER

58. Anna says:

Happy belated birthday! Glad you had a wonderful day 😀

59. Kristie says:

I’m a wee bit behind here but I still mean it superliciously wholeheartedly – HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Big 25th Miss Katie! I’m sure it was nothing but as amazing as you are! And that chocolate fudge pie holy moly, it doesn’t get much better than that!

60. I LOVE THAT CARD!!! HAHAHA! Its perfect for ya!!!

61. Ashley says:

Im so glad to hear you had an awesome 25th!! I dont blame you for taking a day off and Im looking forward to that Starbucks recipe. I spend wayyy too much money there. hahaha that card is hilarious and suits you perfectly!! I wanna dress up as a cupcake, they are soo good and pretty :)

62. Alexa says:

Happy belated birthday! For your question of the day I would have to say KALE. I love me some kale like no other. :) I eat so much kale I will probably turn green at some point…or

63. In my opinion, you DO deserve it <3 you are an incredibly loving, kind, and honest person who cares about not just the people around you but the world at large :)

oh i love how random cards are nowadays. the last time i was at the bookstore i was noticing just how 'out there' some of them are- hey they make for a good laugh and we could all use more of those 😉

xoxo <3

64. Bahahaha LOVE this card ! I am liking the chocolate and peanut butter ideas!

65. Robin says:

The card is super cute.

I would be nut butter smothered with nut butter (pb, almond butter, cashew,..). The whole lot, they’re all too scrumptious to not dress up as).

66. That card is absolutely hilarious! What a great find. I normally dress in my favorite colors (95% of my closet is green and blue), so I doubt I’ll ever end up looking like my favorite food (chocolate).

67. A kabocha squash drizzled withg maple syrup and almond butter…yum!

68. LizAshlee says:

Glad you took the day off from blogging! I would definitely be a chocolate chip!! :) Hope you had the most special day and it pours over into the rest of the week!

69. Stephanie says:

Sounds like you had a great birthday! Just add my best wishes to the “late” pile! Happy birthday! Hmm – I think I would have to dress as a peanut butter apricot power bar. Or a banana. Or my dog – he’s so cute I coud just eat him up!

70. Hehe, I would be a Peanut Butter Cup. With Chocolate Chips for eyes. 😀