But Where’s the Cream Filling?

(More importantly, where is my brain??)

I forgot to show you the most-important part of Tuesday’s post…

vegan cream cupcake

The money shot: chocolate Cream-Filled Cupcakes.

Taking healthy desserts to a new level. (Also, does anyone remember those “Where’s the cream filling” Hostess commercials? The ones where the bear tries to bite a giant truck that looks like a Twinkie??)

creme filled cupcake

If you can’t find Ricemellow Cream and don’t want to use the not-so-healthy (but still entirely vegan!) Smuckers…

creme filled cupcake

Other cream filling options:

1. Soy-Free Vegan Cream

2. Vegan Cool Whip

Moving on… Yesterday, I finally got around to updating the New Product Alerts page with items such as this White Chocolate Chip Brownie Clif Z Bar:

FullMoonBrownie

For more new products, see: New Product Alerts!

Question of the Day:

What recipe would you rather to see tomorrow, for the first day of Fall:

Pumpkin Cream-Cheese Bars? Or Pumpkin Pie Brownies?

1. Rebecca says:

Oh, tease me with Pumpkin Cream-Cheese Bars! I have been unable to buy canned pumpkin for months here in CA. Supposedly there has been flooding in the pumpkin fields this year so my regular store will receive little of it and expects to sell out quickly.

1. Susan says:

Rebecca, there’s a shortage in PA, too!

1. Oh no! Another shortage?!
        You can always buy a pumpkin (or kabocha or even an acorn squash) at your local grocery store and puree it to make your own! 🙂

1. Rebecca says:

Already planning on it!

2. I just thought we were supposed to get creative! You already do so much of the thinking for us! 🙂 …Make whatever your little heart desires!

3. Um, drooling here!! And Clif Z bars are my FAVE!! So jealous…I’d move to America JUST for those (but more importantly, for YOU 🙂 )

I vote BROWNIES but they both sound AMAZING!! 😀

4. Those Z-bars sound great!

And I want to see some pumpkin brownies!

5. Lindsay says:

Definitely the brownies!

6. Kerryne says:

Anything with cream cheese is heaven!

7. Lauren says:

Yum! I can’t wait to try these. My mouth is watering. I would love to see the pumpkin cream cheese bars.

8. Gen says:

once again, those cupcakes look fabulous!!! 😀

9. w says:

I’ll definately have to say the pumpkin cream cheese bars!! 🙂 They sound sooo delicious!!

10. Jenny says:

Pumpkin pie brownies all.the.way. 😀

And ahh, re: your response to my response on your first post with these… I never doubted you being vegan with the comment about the cream, it was more of the fact that I hate creamy things, haha. Obviously this post would bring me even more agony. XD Though it just occurred to me that, duh, I’ll just make them without cream… Definitely not a fan of creamy consistencies unless it’s ice-creamy. (And that’s why I voted for pumpkin brownies… Well, that and I love brownies. Brownies have CHOCOLATE!)

I’ve never had a Clif Z-bar… Even though we have Clif bars in Canada, we don’t have the Z-bars, nor do we even have all of the Clif bar flavours. Definitely not the chocolate brownie ones, which I wanted to try. 🙁 You probably don’t eat Clif bars often anyway, do you? If you did, what would your flavour of choice be? (Is that a stupid question? Is there a chocolate-coconut one? Heh heh.)

1. Yeah, I don’t eat them very often. Once in a blue moon, I’ll have a Maple one (purple package) or an Oatmeal Raisin one (green package), but I don’t really like any of the others. I do like the chocolate chip z bars, though!

11. Jennifer JCD says:

My vote goes to brownies.

12. Chelsea says:

Oh chocolate, please. Brownies sound scrumptious!

13. Michaela says:

drooling right now…
    I love brownies!

14. Anonymous says:

Cheese bar! But anything pumpkin is fantastic, although I would substitute pumpkin with Kabocha :P, pumpkin is more festive!

15. Kara says:

Brownieeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

And it’s all good about the creamed-filled picture; I read your post thoroughly yesterday morning and it didn’t even dawn on me.

16. Diana says:

Pumpkin cream cheese bars, yum!

17. Susan says:

Definitely the pumpkin cream cheese bars!

18. TracyP says:

Pumpkin Pie Brownies! Yum. Do they include chocolate?

19. Alyssa says:

okay definitely the pumpkin cream cheese bars, they sound aaaaaammmmmaazing!