Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Chocolate-Covered Pancakes

You were supposed to get Apple Crumble Bars today.

They are soft, crumbly, and perfect for Fall. But the photos… notsomuch. I don’t know how something so delicious can look so ugly! I’m going to have to make more bars and try again. Hopefully the recipe will be up soon, so keep checking back.

Or, if it’s easier for you:

You can get CCK recipes as emails.

That way you don’t have to remember to keep checking the site for new recipes!

On the subject of recipes: I’ve been working on making my recipe pages easier to navigate. My goal is to one day have a photo of every single recipe on the site. (More about this later.) For today, since I always associate pancakes with Sundays, I tackled the pancake page first. Now, if you click on that page, you’ll see something like this:

sshortcake_thumb1

pancake

Snickerdoodle Cookie Pancakes

pancakes-sharper1

Cheesecake Pancakes

pancakes_thumb

Cookie Dough Pancakes

Tomorrow I have a really fun recipe post planned… I hope you’ll like it!!

Question of the Day:

Do you like pancakes???

I love them, but it’s been a while since I posted a pancake recipe. Maybe it’s time to branch out and try a new flavor. Any flavor suggestions? The other day, someone asked if I had a pumpkin pancake recipe, and I had to say no. So perhaps I should try making pumpkin pancakes?

1. TracyP says:

Yes! I would love pumpkin pancakes. I made your Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars yesterday and even without frosting they are wonderful – moist and delicious!

2. What about apple pancakes? They’re one of my favourites :)

3. I love a dense stack of pancakes, but I rarely take the time to make them in the mornings. What about coconut pancakes, or chocolate mint pancakes. Just some ideas for inspiration :) P.S. waiting for friends to wake up to eat breakfast is so much harder when I’m looking at your posts!

4. Elise says:

I just noticed this yesterday!!!!!! I was like O_O AMAZING!!!

Mmmm pumpkin pancakes sound good :) I love me some pumpkin. Coconut sounds good too. Maybe peanut butter?

5. PBnJ Fam says:

Mmmmm… pumpkin pancakes… with perhaps a maple glaze or cream cheese frosting???? I second the coconut pancake idea above too! I have made homemade coconut syrup (like the kind I have had in hawaii)… but never coconut pancakes!! Mmmmm… pancakes…. Thank you Katie, you always make me smile and drool :0)

6. yesss make pumpkin pancakes! i loooove pancakes!

7. I LOVE pancakes… but for some reason I never make them. Something about all the flipping just freaks me out.. haha. All your pancake recipes look absolutely wonderful!

Can’t wait for your apple bars! :)

8. Faith says:

I went on a massive pancake bender a few weeks ago – probably had them every day for an entire week straight!

9. I love your pancake recipes (have tried a few :D) and I think they’re so unique and delicious! I’d love to see another pancake recipe!

10. I actually don’t like pancakes..I find them stuffy and just, no matter how many things you throw in it…it’s not all that tasty. Just my own personal experience though

11. I LOVE PANCAKESSSS!!!! But I do have a problem that many of my pancakes turn out having a too dense, dry and acidic texture for me!

12. Alyssa says:

I love pancakes, too! And pumpkin pancakes sound delish!
    What about a recipe for sweet potato pancakes?

And this sight is better than a museum of fine art, lol!

13. Michelle says:

Thanks for all pancake recipes …I made pancakes for my 4yo on a Sunday …he goobled them up. Now he made every Sunday pancake day…lol so now I have options! I made pumpkin pancakes and didn’t like it so much (he gobbled them up) but I do need to find a good one. Btw love love your site

14. I love pancakes! Especially The Fitnessista’s Protein Pancakes because they actually stick with me for quite a while.

15. Emilia says:

I quite like pancakes, but I ahte making them! I recently found a recipe to make a fluffy pancake, you just put it in the oven! It’s most definitely my pancake style 😉
    I am very excited for the apple crumble bars, yum

16. Yum- all those pictures look good! I tried pumpkin pancakes once, but I could not really taste the pumpkin in them- I think I needed to add more, and more spice too. But I bet when made properly they would be lovely

17. Aja says:

I love all of your pancake recipes. Pancakes are probably my favorite breakfast food.

18. Barb says:

I love pumpkin pancakes! I also love whole wheat pancakes drizzled with honey, and blueberry or raspberry pancakes are my go-tos. I also add chia seeds to my pancakes whenever possible. Somehow, they seem to add to the fluffiness and I feel like I get an extra kick of nutrients!

I love how your site is really evolving! Keep it up! Also, I can’t wait to try your pumpkin bars from the other day!

19. I LOVE pancakes! I associate them with Saturdays. I tried a new recipe both today and yesterday, but neither came out quite right. Soon!

20. I LOVE PANCAKES. I know what you mean though about your photos not turning out well, sometimes I envision this beautiful dish and it ends up looking sloppy. I’m sure your crumble bars were beautiful anyways, but I understand!

21. I love pancakes! I have to try your brownie batter ones. They sound SO good!!! 😀

22. Yes, do pumpkin pancakes! I had a pumpkin pancake fail just yesterday…I need a foolproof FLUFFY recipe.

23. Megan says:

All your pancake recipes look so good! I absolutely love pancakes; they are so versatile! Pumpkin pancakes are delicious- I definitely recommend trying them! You could have pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes or pumpkin chocolate swirl! I often make banana pancakes, peanut butter pancakes, strawberry/blueberry pancakes, and (when in season) peach pancakes. I saw a recipe the other day for coconut chocolate chip pancakes that I wanted to try! I have been meaning to try your cheesecake pancakes :-) Have a blessed Sunday!

24. we are have been working on our recipe page too, just other things keep getting the way!! haha

now I would like one of each of these pancakes please, YUM!

xoxo
    Michelle

25. Renata says:

Chai spiced pancakes!

26. Amber K says:

I used to really love pancakes, but haven’t been able to successfully make a decent gluten-free one. It’d probably help if my stomach could handle either xanthan or guar gum, but nope! So I’ll just have to keep experimenting.

27. Melissa says:

Love pancakes! I just made a pumpkin one this morning, in fact! Vegan, too! :) I’ll post it later today or tomorrow. YUM!

28. Jennifer says:

Pancakes are delicious–I don’t make them nearly enough! And pumpkin pancakes–delighful! Though, there are rumours (and I just spelled that as if I am British, which I am not) that there is a pumpkin (fresh and canned) shortage here in the northeast. I couldn’t find any canned pumpkin in my local grocery store and when I found it in another store, I was practically laying on the floor to get the six cans from the back of the shelf. I might have a problem. Admitting it might be the first step, but I’m not sure I want to go any further than that on the road to “recovery”!

29. Rosie says:

I made pumpkin pancakes this morning! (In fact, I mutated your banana pancakes recipe to do it)
    Pumkin pancakes + your cheesecake frosting = love

30. I just realised looking at these that I have made EVERY SINGLE ONE of your pancakes haha! Obsessed much?! AND I had your cookie dough ones again for breakfast! 😛

LOVE YOU!! <3

31. Hmmm…pumpkin might be too cliché…maybe butternut squash? or a mixture of each?! I don’t know, but definitely something fall-ish! :)

32. Lindsay S says:

I love your pancakes! Pumpkin would be awesome or you could try another fall flavor like spiced apple or something.

33. Sarah says:

Mmmmmmmmmmm….. PANCAKES….. DROOOOOOOOL. Rocky Road pancakes? so good. Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancake. simply evil. Oh wait, Chocolate Sundae Pancakes? positively insane. Oooooh, how about Dulce de Leche Pancakes with hot fudge sauce? i just died and arrived in heaven. Drooled some more. Woops.

P.S.- Coconut cream? Caramel swirl? Coffee Delight? Pistachio? Peaches n’ cream? Butter Pecan?
    If you can make these into pancakes, i will pay you. BIGTIME. Err, do you accept I. Owe. You’s?

34. River says:

I looove pancakes. I have been trying out a few from various sites lately, but still haven’t found one I would make again. You should definitely post more!

35. Your pancakes look great and frequently people comment in my comment field that the best thing they ate all weekend were pancakes based off your recipes. So yes, I think people love them :)

Pics that didn’t turn out like you hoped…I had that happen recently with a dessert and it was soooo frustrating. I ate almost the whole thing and a few days later realized that the pics were not useable and I had to set everything up again from the food “set” and props to the plating of it all from the little bit of dessert I luckily hadn’t eaten.

I feel your pain! :)

36. Kristen says:

Love pancakes, and love all things pumpkin, so would be awesome to see your take on pumpkin pancakes! I can’t wait to try your blueberry ones- they look amazing.
    I’m wondering, I also LOVE challah bread french toast, but not sure how to make a vegan version. Have you ever done that? Would you ever?? I’ve never made challah bread, but I love it’s consistency and taste…. would love to see a vegan version, and vegan french toast version. (I have been skirting the line between vegan & vegetarian for a little while now, so I love trying new vegan recipes, but I haven’t given up all my old ones yet).
    Thanks for your beautiful food pics and awesome ideas!

1. Can you believe I don’t think I ever even had challah before I was a vegan?! I don’t know how that happened… how did I miss ever trying it?!

37. I love pancakes! When I was a kid I often had them (breakfast for supper, my favourite!).

38. I love pancakes and your recipes look delicious. Pumpkin pancakes sound so great. I saw someone mentioned apple pancakes which I second. It would be fun if you had more holiday inspired ones like apple spice, potato or even sweet potato. Thanks so much for all your recipes. I need a cookbook with all of them. Hint hint

1. Sarah says:

Cookbooks = great Christmas gifts… also hint

39. I haven’t tried making your pancakes yet, but I need to! Pumpkin pancakes would be a good one for the fall, and perhaps something with apples – like apple cinnamon or apple crisp pancakes? Or cinnamon raisin pancakes? OOooo or gingerbread pancakes!

40. Jeanna says:

I’ve done both peanut butter chocolate chip or banana chocolate chip ones, both are very good. How about a pumpkin or cranberry version in honor of fall??? Can’t wait for the apple crumble recipe, there are apples in my fridge waiting…hope the recipe comes soon!!

41. Sarah says:

Yes pumpkin pancakes (or any squashy pancakes) would be yum.. 😀

42. I love, love, LOVE pancakes!! Those Red Velvet Pancakes look intriguing – I need to try them!

43. emma says:

strawberry…….shortcake………pancakes………….heaven.

44. You definitely need to try Pumpkin Pancakes! My parents just tried your red velvet ones and totally loved them 😀 I’m looking forward to the apple crumble recipe (and pictures)! They sound delicious so good luck with the next round of photos. Have a great day chica!

45. Genevieve says:

I probably wouldn’t ever order plain buttermilk pancakes with syrup at a restaurant – I only love pancakes when they are full of fruit or other yummy ingredients to give them some flavour and make each bite interesting (like all of your recipes!)

I agree with the chai and gingerbread flavour suggestions…and this isn’t in season, but there seems to be a lack of tropical flavours in your list, like mango/pineapple/coconut….I also made lemon poppyseed pancakes once that I really liked!

46. Ragnhild says:

Made you fat blueberry pancakes for my friends for brunch today 😀 They loved loved LOVED them :) Thank you for always sharing the BEST recipes<3

1. Thank YOU for sharing them/making them! It makes me so happy!

47. BroccoliHut says:

I love, love, love pancakes!! I just made some delicious apple-cinnamon pancakes yesterday morning:)

48. Nicole says:

Pumpkin pancakes are AMAZING!! :)

49. I LOVE pancakes! This morning I made apple walnut oat pancakes using a combo of oat and buckwheat flour. They came out delicious!! I love all flavors of pancakes and would definitely love a pumpkin pancake recipe.

50. We love pancakes in our house! My son asked me for pumpkin pancakes a week ago, my first attempt went down the drain, the second attempt was perfect! He loved them.
    Love all these pancake recipes, thank you!

51. Moni'sMeals says:

I love Pancakes and I also make them every single Sunday. Usually a new recipe every time too.
    (hopefully next week is one of these!!)

You are on a great start to your photos and they look really great!

Have a great night. :)

52. Rebecca says:

Definitely pro-pancake! My favorite this time of year is pumpkin or gingerbread pancakes.

53. Fernanda says:

Coconut pancakes!!

54. Ashley says:

Im sure the pictures were fine, all your pics always look great!! Awesome work on your recipe page!! Cant wait for your apple crumble bar recipe :)

55. Um yes! Love them! In fact I made my boys some green ones today! He he!
    PS- I can’t imagine you would have pictures that aren’t professional quality. Yours always amaze me (as do your recipes). :)

56. Great Recipe Page!!! That’s what mine looks like, too. I find it so much easier to navigate by just looking at pictures instead of words…and it makes your mouth water more-ha!

57. t says:

OMgee these pancakes just look ridiculous!!! Gorgeous photos.

58. LizAshlee says:

I love pancakes!! I will often put protein powder in them in place of flour to make them even healthier..you have so many delicious flavors!!

Happy Monday!

59. I love pancakes, but I always feel like I have to eat my weight’s worth in order to be full.

60. Yes! Please make some pumpkin pancakes!! Please???

61. Pancakes are some of my favorite things :) the brownie batter and strawberry shortcake ones look divine! and i am interested in the ice cream sandwich pancakes — they look like whoopie pies!

62. Hi Katie! I had an old banana lying around so I decided to make your banana pancakes for one (i just added the whole banana haha) they were phenomenal!! i made 7 mini pancakes out of them and put rainbow sprinkles for fun and i gobbled them right up! i used to always think making pancakes was a huge ordeal but it only took me 10 minutes from start to finish in my belly! I have a feeling this will be a reoccuring theme…. hehe thanks so much for the recipe! Also, have you posted nutritional information for any of the pancakes by any chance? I couldn’t find any so I was just wondering! Thanks! Also, apple and pumpkin pancakes should definitely be next on the list! I’ll think I’ll try those tomorrow, just swapping the banana for 3 tablespoons pumpkin! :)

1. I think I did post nutritional stats for the brownie batter pancakes and red velvet ones. Maybe some others, too.