Chocolate-Covered Pancakes

You were supposed to get Apple Crumble Bars today.

They are soft, crumbly, and perfect for Fall. But the photos… notsomuch. I don’t know how something so delicious can look so ugly! I’m going to have to make more bars and try again. Hopefully the recipe will be up soon, so keep checking back.

Or, if it’s easier for you:

You can get CCK recipes as emails.

That way you don’t have to remember to keep checking the site for new recipes!

On the subject of recipes: I’ve been working on making my recipe pages easier to navigate. My goal is to one day have a photo of every single recipe on the site. (More about this later.) For today, since I always associate pancakes with Sundays, I tackled the pancake page first. Now, if you click on that page, you’ll see something like this:

sshortcake_thumb1

pancake

Snickerdoodle Cookie Pancakes

pancakes-sharper1

Cheesecake Pancakes

pancakes_thumb

Cookie Dough Pancakes

Tomorrow I have a really fun recipe post planned… I hope you’ll like it!!

Question of the Day:

Do you like pancakes???

I love them, but it’s been a while since I posted a pancake recipe. Maybe it’s time to branch out and try a new flavor. Any flavor suggestions? The other day, someone asked if I had a pumpkin pancake recipe, and I had to say no. So perhaps I should try making pumpkin pancakes?

1. TracyP says:

Yes! I would love pumpkin pancakes. I made your Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars yesterday and even without frosting they are wonderful – moist and delicious!

2. I love a dense stack of pancakes, but I rarely take the time to make them in the mornings. What about coconut pancakes, or chocolate mint pancakes. Just some ideas for inspiration 🙂 P.S. waiting for friends to wake up to eat breakfast is so much harder when I’m looking at your posts!

3. Elise says:

I just noticed this yesterday!!!!!! I was like O_O AMAZING!!!

Mmmm pumpkin pancakes sound good 🙂 I love me some pumpkin. Coconut sounds good too. Maybe peanut butter?

4. PBnJ Fam says:

Mmmmm… pumpkin pancakes… with perhaps a maple glaze or cream cheese frosting???? I second the coconut pancake idea above too! I have made homemade coconut syrup (like the kind I have had in hawaii)… but never coconut pancakes!! Mmmmm… pancakes…. Thank you Katie, you always make me smile and drool :0)

5. yesss make pumpkin pancakes! i loooove pancakes!

6. I LOVE pancakes… but for some reason I never make them. Something about all the flipping just freaks me out.. haha. All your pancake recipes look absolutely wonderful!

Can’t wait for your apple bars! 🙂

7. I LOVE PANCAKESSSS!!!! But I do have a problem that many of my pancakes turn out having a too dense, dry and acidic texture for me!

8. Alyssa says:

I love pancakes, too! And pumpkin pancakes sound delish!
    What about a recipe for sweet potato pancakes?

And this sight is better than a museum of fine art, lol!

9. Michelle says:

Thanks for all pancake recipes …I made pancakes for my 4yo on a Sunday …he goobled them up. Now he made every Sunday pancake day…lol so now I have options! I made pumpkin pancakes and didn’t like it so much (he gobbled them up) but I do need to find a good one. Btw love love your site

10. I love pancakes! Especially The Fitnessista’s Protein Pancakes because they actually stick with me for quite a while.

11. Emilia says:

I quite like pancakes, but I ahte making them! I recently found a recipe to make a fluffy pancake, you just put it in the oven! It’s most definitely my pancake style 😉
    I am very excited for the apple crumble bars, yum

12. Yum- all those pictures look good! I tried pumpkin pancakes once, but I could not really taste the pumpkin in them- I think I needed to add more, and more spice too. But I bet when made properly they would be lovely

13. Aja says:

I love all of your pancake recipes. Pancakes are probably my favorite breakfast food.

14. Barb says:

I love pumpkin pancakes! I also love whole wheat pancakes drizzled with honey, and blueberry or raspberry pancakes are my go-tos. I also add chia seeds to my pancakes whenever possible. Somehow, they seem to add to the fluffiness and I feel like I get an extra kick of nutrients!

I love how your site is really evolving! Keep it up! Also, I can’t wait to try your pumpkin bars from the other day!

15. I LOVE pancakes! I associate them with Saturdays. I tried a new recipe both today and yesterday, but neither came out quite right. Soon!

16. I LOVE PANCAKES. I know what you mean though about your photos not turning out well, sometimes I envision this beautiful dish and it ends up looking sloppy. I’m sure your crumble bars were beautiful anyways, but I understand!

17. Yes, do pumpkin pancakes! I had a pumpkin pancake fail just yesterday…I need a foolproof FLUFFY recipe.

18. Megan says:

All your pancake recipes look so good! I absolutely love pancakes; they are so versatile! Pumpkin pancakes are delicious- I definitely recommend trying them! You could have pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes or pumpkin chocolate swirl! I often make banana pancakes, peanut butter pancakes, strawberry/blueberry pancakes, and (when in season) peach pancakes. I saw a recipe the other day for coconut chocolate chip pancakes that I wanted to try! I have been meaning to try your cheesecake pancakes 🙂 Have a blessed Sunday!

19. Amber K says:

I used to really love pancakes, but haven’t been able to successfully make a decent gluten-free one. It’d probably help if my stomach could handle either xanthan or guar gum, but nope! So I’ll just have to keep experimenting.

20. Melissa says:

Love pancakes! I just made a pumpkin one this morning, in fact! Vegan, too! 🙂 I’ll post it later today or tomorrow. YUM!