Smiling’s my Favorite

I can’t stop smiling.

smile

My face is starting to hurt.

And if my grandma were here, she’d tell me it was going to freeze this way from lack of movement. (I miss my grandma.)

n-bestbaking

Yesterday, a message in my inbox informed me that I was one of the nominees for a foodbuzz award in the “best baking blog” category. I think I fell off my chair. (Actually, I did fall off my chair. I’m clumsy like that.)

Stuff like this never happens to me!

I’m grateful to everyone who nominated me, and so amazed by your kindness in taking the time to do so. I really don’t know how I can ever thank you or even explain how much your kindness means to me. In high school, I was the girl who said she didn’t care about things like those senior superlatives. But of course I secretly always wanted to win one! And even now, whenever other bloggers are featured in places like Saveur or The Kitchn, I get excited for them, but I’ve also always wondered how it must feel to be in their shoes.

It was a pretty big shock to see my name up there among such talented bloggers, especially when I hadn’t even asked anyone to nominate me; I figured I had no chance! And with the amazing other bloggers up for the running, I think my chances of winning this award are about .0001 in a zillion. But really, just being nominated made my year.

chocolate-mousse-pie

Although… how cool would it be if a healthy dessert blog won?!

I’d be forever grateful if you vote for me. But if you want to vote for someone else, I honestly don’t blame you! My competition is incredible, and I’m honored to just be mentioned among them.

You can vote (for anyone lol) here: Click here to vote.

(P.S. Anyone know what movie the title of this post comes from?)

1. EFL!!! And congrats!!!! You got my vote 🙂

1. Love your site! says:

Katie,
      I am voting for you for this reason:

Most baking blogs are just copycats of other baking blogs. Really, ANYthing will taste good if you put enough butter and sugar into it. But what you do is unique. You actually have to work to be creative and make recipes that taste good WITHOUT all the stuff that would be the easy way to make something yummy. I am sure I speak for many others when I say THANK YOU for your hard work every day. It truly shows, and it makes my life so much easier because I can be healthy and still eat yummy things!!! 🙂

1. bitt says:

agreed! could not have said it better! voted for you.

1. Thank you all so much. Really and truly, thank you!!!

2. Lori says:

Elf! One of my all-time favorite Christmas movies. And congrats, Katie! I love your blog and will be voting for you!

3. Congratulations!! I’ve already voted for you 😀 Good luck! It would be amazing if a healthy dessert blog won! 🙂

4. Sarahishealthy says:

Oh Katie, do you know why you’re so awesome? (Aside from the delicious recipes and beautiful photos you post?) It’s because you CARE about your readers. I can’t tell you how many bloggers don’t even give me the time of day, because I’m not a big blogger :(. But every time I have a recipe question or send you an email, you always are there to help. You are amazing, and you definitely have my vote. In fact, I’m off to vote right now :).

1. Lisa C says:

Oh goodness, plus one to this!

5. Gen says:

Aww how awesome! I’m definitely voting for your blog! 😀

6. Bill says:

Congratulations

7. Jess says:

Voted! 😉
    Also, I made your chocolate tofu pie today and omg, deeeelicious!
    I actually forgot to melt the chocolate buttons first :S but they added awesome tiny chocolatey chunks to the pie wich was sooo good..

8. Congrats Katie; you’ve got my vote!

9. Jen says:

Elf! I love that movie, and I love smiling!

Congrats – you definitely deserve it 🙂 I would love to see a healthy dessert blog win!

10. Katherine says:

You really deserve to win this Katie! Even as a non-vegan, you’ve helped me experiment with new ways to bake tasty treats. Because my dad’s diabetic, it’s really important to me that I can make something healthy that doesn’t compromise on taste, and you’ve definitely shown me great ways to do that!

11. w says:

Just voted for you!!!!! Hope you win in that category! 🙂

12. Natasha says:

ELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told you that the movie reminded me of YOU! – and yeah – like Savannah above I’ve seen it 99999999999999999999999999999999999 times.

You deserve it Missy. I’m off to the Dominican Rep. tomorrow morning – 🙂 I will taste some yummy sweet stuff for you…
    Congrats!
    Natasha

13. hil says:

Congrats and you have my vote! I completely agree with the other comments about the uniqueness of your blog and also how much you care about your readers!

14. OF COURSE I coted for you IMMEDIATELY!!!!
    You deserve this nomination more than anyone,so I really hope you’ll win in the end. 🙂

15. Congrats and good luck!!!!

16. Dalai Lina says:

Congratulations! I just went over and voted for you!

17. Caitlin says:

Just voted for you 🙂

18. Patricia says:

Another vote for you and let me tell you why. I like food, a lot. So much that I had become unhealthy. Last year I decided to get “healthy”. I’ve been, might I say, wildly successful in this endeavor. I found your blog a few months ago and was delighted to find easy, healthy recipes that I could incorporate in to my everyday life! I enjoy your writing style, your recipes, and look forward to your blog everyday. The crowning moment occurred when I made your chocolate pie and my husband actually ate some, with TOFU and everything! While he is not a total convert to my healthy lifestyle, he’s been great about trying new things. And you, dear lady, have helped me to include him with delicious foods we can both enjoy. Thank you for the fabulous blog!

1. Aww thank you so much! Haha I got my boyfriend to try tofu in that pie, too. Finally, he admitted he liked it :).