By Popular Demand…

Who wouldn’t demand to see more pictures of this face?

batman and me

No, not my face.

This face:

black dog

And this face:

sleeping dog

Batman’s face.

And ears. Remember those ears?

Yes, he is officially Batman now. While I was debating what to call him, he got used to Batman! (My sister says that when she comes to visit, she is going to call him Javier! LOL)

He looks quite calm, yes? Wrong! This puppy is crazy. One of his favorite things to do is dart around the house as fast as his feet can go, not even stopping when he collides with the furniture. Henry (my other dog) looks at me like, “What is with that dog??”

Methinks he needs a cape.

cookie-d_thumb

Also by popular demand:

I added a stevia option for the Cookie Dough Dip.

And a sweet reader just left a comment with recipe suggestions on how to make a lower-sugar deep-dish cookie pie as well (currently, it’s the very last comment on the ddcp page, if you’re interested).

Tomorrow’s post really will be chocolate-covered…

1. Bex says:

Aww you both are so cute! 🙂

2. Em says:

aw! i love batman!

3. In the picture where he’s sleeping he actually reminds me of batman!

4. Andrea says:

Awww Batman doesn’t know just how lucky he is to have you! What a cutie 🙂

5. Ohmygod! He totally should have a cape. After all, he IS Batman! 😀 He looks sooo sweet. I love him!!!!

6. Sarah says:

He is SO cute! 🙂

7. Patricia says:

He’s a real beauty. Thanks for the update. I’ve been wondering how he’s doing. Next we’ll be needing some Batman and Henry pics! I adore your blog, I like dessert, and I particularly LOVE animals. This is a real win, win, win for me!

8. Anonymous says:

Super puppy to the rescue! (he just rescued me from feeling low whilst doing a science assignment)

& super super cute!

1. Jennyb says:

hmm seems i forgot who i was!

1. LOL too much science? 😉

It’s ruining your memory! See, I always knew science class was bad for us!

9. I like Batman – I think it suits him perfectly.

Looks like he’s settling in very well. Congrats on the new addition Katie! 🙂

10. Megan says:

He is such a sweet puppy! He reminds me of a dog my therapist adopted who is also part Chihuahua…but her dog was rescued from a puppy mill and is extremely timid. I love the name Batman! How old is he? I just love dogs!!!!

1. They said he was around 1 when I got him. (But it’s just an estimate)

1. Rachel Lauren says:

He is so cute! Batman is a great name. My kitten, Mochi, is totally insane too. Endless energy. Especially at 7am. He’s a nut she will run all over th house jumping up in the window sills and then back off to run down the hall. She’s funny. Glad things are going well with batman!

11. Crystal says:

I loved that first picture until I noticed your shirt–booooo, I’m a Cardinals fan!! Just when I thought you were my favorite blogger…just kidding 🙂 Batman is sooo cute!

1. Haha that photo is from the day after the Rangers clinched the title.

Good luck to your team in the Series! (Although, let’s be honest… neither one of us really wishes the other team good luck, right? ;))

12. I just posted on my new rescued pup too! 🙂 AW!

13. Gen says:

What an adorable puppy!!! I recently got a kitten and she is so energetic that my other cat gets tired just looking at her! hahahaha

14. Great pictures of you both! I like that I can see your face so clearly, Katie, and of course you’re beautiful. Batman is just adorable!!! Puppies have so much energy, it’s ridiculous. We wouldn’t have made it through puppyhood with ours without the help of a doggie daycare to help her get all that energy off. It saved our sanity. 🙂

1. Ooh doggie daycare… that’s a really good idea! I feel so sorry for Batman that Henry doesn’t want to play!

1. It helps so much, but there are some bad daycares out there where they don’t treat the dogs kindly so be careful for any signs that Batman isn’t enjoying himself. And be sure to stay there during the first visit to help ease him into the new environment. We had a WONDERFUL experience with the one we went to until it changed management. We don’t know what that guy did to our girl, but she is no longer friendly with people and doesn’t trust them unless they talk to her in the baby voice I use. She used to be so excited to go, but after the management changed, she would try to leave as soon as we were through the door, her tail between her legs. 🙁 But if you find a good one, it can be a Godsend! Jessie was chewing the walls and digging up plants and getting into all sorts of mischief, but a couple hours a day at daycare calmed her down a LOT.

15. Val says:

Aww he is so cute!!! Are you really going to call him Batman? I think its an adorable name!
    Also I have a request for you, or a favour really. Since you are so good at making delish guilt free healthy desserts I thought I’d ask you, rather than try 100 things that don’t work out haha. I’m in a study group and every week someone else brings some snacks. I would really like to bring something yummy, but healthy but one person in the group can’t eat gluten and another person in vegan, so I’m kind of stumped. The other challenge is that it should be easily portable and easy to eat while studying (so forks and plates are kind of out the question). Up for the challenge haha?

1. Good news! ALL of my recipes are vegan, and most can be gluten-free: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/snackity-snacks/

I’m giving you the link so you can browse. Off the top of my head, some good portable ones include: fudge babies, blondies, and the flourless chocolate-chip cookies :).
      (If you go with something that has oats, make sure to buy certified-gf oats and chocolate chips.)

1. Val says:

Thanks so much!! You’re awesome!!

16. Yay! You picked Batman. Good for you! Bravo!

PS Tell your sister if she doesn’t honor Batman, you’ll rename her first born 😉

1. LOL!!!
      Hmmm… now to think of some really unfortunate baby names…

17. Melanie says:

My 6mo old puppy does the running at full speed thing into furniture too. Only problem is she’s a german shepherd and can send the couch sliding across the tile pretty far.

18. Sarah says:

Yay for Batman! He is obviously a popular kid. Maybe you should give him his own Facebook page… who knows, he may surpass Lady Gaga’s number of followers 🙂 Just sayin’

By the way Katie, i suscribe to the Wall Street Journal and yesterday they had a front page, yes, FRONT PAGE article on vegan bakers/bakeries and vegan pastries in general. I thought you’d like to read it so i (finally!) found the online version.

Enjoy!- oh and tell me what you think, please 🙂

1. Wow, that’s seriously exciting!!! It’s so awesome how far veganism has come. Now, when people say I’m a weirdo, I can tell them that at least I am in good company. With people like Ellen DeGeneres and Bill Clinton going vegan, it’s slowly becoming much more mainstream :).

19. Meredith says:

I’m soooo glad I’ve found your blog….so so glad. ;0)

20. Alyssa says:

CUTE! Batman’s looking for bad guys to chase, apparently.