Eight Healthy Halloween Ideas

Trick or Treat!

(Why would anyone ever not pick treat?)

Below are some of the Halloween-themed recipes on my blog:

healthy halloween

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars

candy-corn-smoothie1

Candy Corn Milkshake

healthy halloween recipes

Green Goblin Milkshake

Question of the Day:

What are you doing for Halloween this year?

I’m still trying to decide what dessert to make for a party on Saturday (and what costume to wear). I might just go with the pumpkin-stuffed chocolate cookies.

But I also like the idea someone (Hi Erin!) left for licorice spider Fudge Babies.

1. Lauren says:

Looks delicious! Love all the pumpkin sweets!

2. Marin says:

I can’t wait to make the pumpkin pizookie! (And that chocolate sounds amazing!)

3. Jillian says:

I love your blog so much! Your ideas are brilliant! 🙂 Have a wonderful Halloween!

4. Haha I am actually handing out the candy this year! Everything looks soo good 🙂

5. Thanks so much for the list! These all look delicious!
    My hubby and I are going to a major Halloween party- ALL pirate themed. I’m so excited!
    Happy weekend!!

6. Jenny Evans says:

Your mint cupcakes look amazing! They are definitely on my list for the Halloween party I am attending. Have a wonderful Halloween!

7. Lisa G says:

Healthy treats, I love it!

8. Demelza says:

I am SO excited for Halloween this year! I haven’t dressed up/done anything except homework since starting college (I’m in my senior year now), so this year I was determined to do SOMETHING fun. I organized a Batman villains’ group, so I’ll be dressing up as Harley Quinn from Batman: the Animated Series, my best gal pal is going as Poison Ivy, and we also have a Joker, Scarecrow, and Mad Hatter. :] I even convinced my (dear old 70-something year old dad, hee hee) to dress up as Alfred.

Anyway, my friends and I are going on a hayride, to a cornmaze, dinner at Olive Garden, and Saturday we’re traveling to my little sister’s band competition to cheer for her in their semi-finals. Who wouldn’t want their own personal section of villains rooting for them? ;]

1. Batman!! Hehe now that I named my dog Batman, I keep seeing references to it EVERYwhere!

9. Sarah says:

Hmm… let’s see. Pony rides, hayrides, tons of games, tons of candy, hangin’ out with mah best friends, more candy, and possibly candy for dinner. That pretty much sums it up! Looks like i’m not the only one infatuated ( i feel like SUCH a grown up using that word, it was one of my vocab words this week 🙂 ) with pumpkin! I am so gonna make ALL of this. And also eat ALL of this. Myself. hehe.

10. Jennifer JCD says:

Happy Hallowe’en, Katie! We aren’t doing anything to celebrate, other than handing out treats (Play-Doh and 100% fruit snacks this year). Have fun at the party!

11. Gen says:

Yuummm!!! I think I want to make everything! 😀

12. Sonyanijntje says:

We (Me and my sister) have invited friends and we’re gonna sit through the night with a whole stack of ‘scary’ or Halloween-related movies, and we’ve asked everyone to bring something to eat. My sister also made Witches-costumes for both of us! (And a Dracula-cape for her boyfriend.)
    I’m so curious what kind of spooky snacks they’ll all bring! But I’m pretty sure the table will be packed with delicious things! Ofcourse we are gonna make some things ourselves too (but not too much, because we don’t want too many leftovers..). We thought of ‘skeleton-cookies’ (chocolatcookies with vanilla-icing in skeletonshape), Blue muffins with blue piping-gel-icing, ‘stabbed’ cupcakes (a recipe I found on another blog), chopped off-fingers/Mummy-wrapped sausages, pumpkin-soup (and bloody tomato-soup for the ones who don’t want pumpkin), Bloody Mary-drinks (with tomato-juice), Spiced Witches-Wine (with apple-juice). Maybe a cinnamon-spiderrollcake or your pumpkin Pizookie or Carrot Cake (I really want to try those!!). I’m a bit worried we’re gonna end up with an overloaded table with food/snacks/drinks. I hope everyone brings their appetite along with their costumes :P.

1. Oh man, I want to go to your party! I love when people go all-out for Halloween!

13. Denise says:

When I saw the pizookie pie earlier this week, I had to share with my daughter who loves wholesome, healthy goodies. She made it for friends that night. Her description…YUMMY! Not sure if she told them the ingredients or not.

1. Aww, I’m so honored you shared the recipe… and even more excited that it turned out well!

14. Yummy, as usual. If only we could eat the photos 🙂

I just tried commenting on your previous post, but it wouldn’t work. When I tried again, it said it was a duplicate post. Oh well, fingers crossed that this comment works.

1. I’m actually having my server provider look into this now, because I know you’re not the only one having trouble leaving comments… but I don’t know how to fix it. Hopefully they can tell me what’s going on and how to fix it!

15. Minibaker says:

I’ve just made your deep dish cookie pie for some friends birthday tomorrow! I followed one of the suggestions of your readers and made it into a deep dish brownie cookie pie cake! Hope it turns out delicious! Thank you for all your healthified recipes. Will definitely be trying more!

16. Jennyb says:

I have carved a giant (6.7kg! I want to know what I’d carried across town back to my car!) pumpkin, not that anyone came to our house for trick or treat last year. lol

I saw some cute little carved clementines elsewhere on the blogosphere – what if you did that but filled it with a pumpkin pie (based) cookie dough dip?

1. Ooh I’ve seen those too! They’re adorable! And I did manage to make a pumpkin cookie dough dip… the hard part is photographing it. The photos didn’t come out well at all… iIt just looks so orange! I guess I’ll have to make another batch and try again. Darn ;).

17. Kit-Kat says:

I will probably go trick-or-treating in our small neighborhood with my older sister, two younger sisters, and little brother. I might go to a part this Saturday, but it depends on what else we have planned.
    Like I suggested, you should dress up as Leia, and make mini cinnamon buns. You could also make the fudge babies if you really want to.

18. Wow, everything looks so darn delicious. SO happy I found your blog, you have so many amazing drool-worthy recipes 🙂

1. Aww I would have to say the same about YOUR blog! I just clicked over, and your photos, alone, are incredible!

19. Amber K says:

Going out with my nieces and nephews trick or treating. I can’t wait!

20. Aja says:

Everything looks so yummy I want to make it all now!

Have a great Halloween. I’m not doing anything, except going to school and stressing over homework.