Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Get away from those cookies!!

I was in the middle of a photoshoot, and suddenly this passed through the viewfinder:

dog eats cookies

No Batman, you may not have any Chocolate-Stuffed Cookies.

Luckily I grabbed the cookies before Mr. naughty little puppy could snag a taste.

batman the dog

Naughty?

Me??

one ear dog

Yes, you.

Since adopting Batman, I’ve had to be much more careful about leaving photoshoots unattended, even for just a few seconds. Henry couldn’t care less about eating the props, but Batman will literally jump up onto the table!

(P.S. What the heck happened to his other ear??)

help

Help! My brother is crazy!

Tomorrow will be reader’s choice… cookie edition!

snickerdoodles   peanut butter cookies

What do you want to see?

Snickerdoodles, Oatmeal Raisin, or Peanut Butter Cookies?

No matter how you vote, I will eventually be posting all of the recipes (as well as many others). December is going to be cookie crazy around here.

And thanks for your kind words on yesterday’s post.

They really meant a lot to me. Also, quite a few people tried yesterday’s microwave chocolate cake with applesauce instead of oil and said they loved the results. So maybe I was wrong in cautioning against it. (I still think the oil version sounds better, but I tend not to like fat-free baked goods.)

1. Val says:

Batman is sooo adorable!!!
    And as for tomorrow, I think you should go with snicker doodles!!!

2. snickerdoodles all the way! haha our puppies do the same thing when I’m taking pictures. Once I ran downstairs to grab another something or other for the picture, and caught our big German Shepperd chowing down on my casserole. Needless to say, there was a lot of cursing. I’m happy I managed to get a couple of good shots in before she had her fun!

3. So adorable!! You’re lucky they didn’t snatch any 😀 I’d say peanut butter !

1. L. says:

Me too! Peanut Butter!

4. Batman is soo cute! Maybe he can have some doggy cookies too? Saw many on foodgawker! That way, he won’t sneak yours 😀
    I would love oatmeal raisin cookies tomorrow!

5. This post is so cute! My vote is oatmeal raisin…but I have a feeling I’m going to lose to anything chocolate!

6. Sofiya says:

This is a post of adorableness! I’d say snickerdoodles, pretty pretty please! I need a healthier alternative to them.

7. Awww! Such an innocent face 😉

All those cookies sound great…I’d have to go with PB!

8. What a cute 😀 My doggie sometimes sniffs my food, but he is such a good dog and will never take food unless i feed it to him. Love him so much 😀 😀

9. Maya says:

He is soooo cute! I love that he just popped up in the viewfinder.

10. Gen says:

Aaaaw how adorable!! PB cookies for sure! 😀

11. haha my daughter is like your dog! she is always in my pictures…a little hand…her face..haha it’s a lot of fun. (AND hard work :-) )

12. Kathy says:

Oh Batman is just so precious. And hey, he knows a really good thing when he sees them!! I don’t blame him a bit. They are both really sweet, but batman looks a lot like my little dog. Cute but a real spitfire!

13. Suzy says:

How CUTE!!! And I vote for oatmeal!!! (except with chocolate chips instead of raisins :D)

14. Ben says:

I would love to see snickerdoodles make an appearance. They are, by far, my favorite cookie :)

15. Hey – dogs like cookies too! :-)

I am partial to snickerdoodles myself. Yum

16. Chelsea says:

Oatmeal raisin, please. :-) Hmmm, might they become “Kitchen Sink”? You know, so you could add chocolate chips. Hey, you could combine all three! :-)

Your little guys are SO adorable! Must be wonderful company! :-)

17. Annie says:

Awww adorable :) My two cats do the same thing if I leave food out on the table, and they like to climb up on the table the second I open the fridge. And my vote is for snickerdoodles!

18. Jennie says:

snickerdoodles!

19. Lauren Sorensen says:

OHHHH SNICKERDOODLES!!

20. Jennifer JCD says:

Oh companion animals, they add another dimension to our lives, don’t they? Love them!

And my vote for tomorrow goes to snickerdoodles!

21. Liz says:

I’m still on the hunt for a really tasty vegan traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe…I’m sure you have one…can you point me toward it? Pretty please? The last vegan chocolate chip cookies I made tasted like applesauce sponges.

22. Kit-Kat says:

MMMMMM! I love all three of your cookie choices!
    Maybe you should do snickerdoodles…… then oatmeal raisin, and then PB……… but I don’t know!
    ……..okay, snickerdoodles! :~D

23. Camille says:

Such a hard choice, but I will say Oatmeal Raisin! There isn’t really a lot of recipes dealing with that :)

24. Lauren says:

Snickerdoodles would be great! And your dogs are adorable :)

25. Anita says:

oatmeal cookies please, I would love to get a healthy version of these

26. Amanda says:

Awww, your puppies are adorable! My dog is pretty good about leaving people food alone, but every once in a while she “forgets” and I find her standing on the coffee table having a nibble of whatever is there.

I would love to see a recipe for Oatmeal Raisin cookies! One of my favorites. :)

27. He is sooo cute! I love his little face.

28. Definitely snickerdoodles!! And that’s how our lab was growing up, we couldn’t leave anything on the counter or she’d eat it all! We eventually had to block the doors to the kitchen when someone was cooking!

29. Anonymous says:

Oh puppies, I love them all! Batman is adorable and your pictures make me want to play with him! As for cookies, I vote for Snickerdoodles! I am excited for the cookie craziness! Are you going to do any soft molasses cookies? If you never need Christmas cookie ideas or someone to test/decorate some, my frosting tips and I are ready!

1. Megan says:

For some reason it listed me as anonymous…

1. I could definitely try. I really love the flavor of molasses!

30. Samantha C. says:

oatmeal raisin!

31. Lori Z. says:

I’m a sucker for anything peanut butter but my daughter loves snickerdoodles so we’d be thrilled with either!

32. Amber K says:

Snickerdoodles = yum!

Applesauce is always > oil to me. At least where baked goods are concerned. It just yields a much better texture!

33. Those pics made my heart so happy :))

34. Moni'sMeals says:

Oh Batman, you are sooooo cute! Haha.

I like all the cookies, but peanut butter wins everytime. :)

1. L. says:

Oh yes, every time. Peanut butter for me too!

35. Batman is adorable and that’s the cutest name for a little dog like that!
    Snickerdoodles for the win!!

36. Batman is soooo cute!! How funny that he tries to interfere with your photo shoots- he probably wants to be the object of attention! And mmm they all sound good, but my vote is for Snickerdoodles! They are my brother’s favorite and I owe him a baked good!

37. Batman is so photogenic! My cats are the same way with food though; you have to be so careful!

Are you taking part in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap? I signed up a few weeks ago and think it sounds kind of fun – your cookies would be more than welcomed, I’m sure!

1. I’ve never heard of it! What is it? Sounds fun!

38. I think I’m in love with Batman. He’s absolutely adorable, being a cookie thief and all :) I love cookies of all kinds but I think my vote would have to be with the snickerdoodles. I am in need of a serious cinnamon fix. :) P.S. Every recipe I’ve tried of yours has been to die for! Thank you for making gluten free options.

39. How’s the brilliant author of the Best Baking Blog 2011 doing? I think our dogs would get along very well. Cookie thieves, but cute cookie thieves.

1. It’s hard to be mad at them, right? 😉

40. My roommates dog will eat ANYTHING and everything no matter how out of reach it is. We cover cupcakes and practically lock them away and he still manages to find them. A whole can of frosting, an entire plate of button cookies (he left the pretzels and only ate the chocolate haha!)

41. Andrea M says:

Oh snickerdoodles!

42. Lou says:

Batman is a dude, I like his style. (he obviously has good taste, going after your cookies!)

43. Marissa says:

I vote for oatmeal!! Although you just can’t go wrong with any of them!

44. Synne says:

Snickerdoodles!!

45. Natasha says:

Um…..Snickerdoodles – what are they?! I want them! How goes the new digs?

1. Good! Still haven’t found a good lighted area for photoshoots, though!

46. Sara says:

My vote is for snickerdoodles!

47. Sarahishealthy says:

Peanut butter cookies!

48. Lauren says:

Batman is adorable! I vote for more of him ;). But if we have to choose a cookie, I say you can’t go wrong with peanut butter!

49. Awww Batman is so cute!! And Henry is just as adorable 😀

I WISH Mowzers (my kitty) liked my food, but she usually gives it a quick sniff and walks away, haha. She’s no vegan 😛

I vote oatmeal raisin cookies for sure!!

50. If your snickerdoodle cookies are HALF as good as your snickerdoodle dip- we are all in trouble! :)

51. Stephanie says:

I can’t wait for the peanut butter cookie recipe!!!! One of my favorite Christmas cookies are peanut butter blossoms!

52. mrsluckypants says:

What an adorable picture, it made me laugh. I vote for snickerdoodles or oatmeal raisin while I love peanut butter, peanut butter cookies aren’t my favorite, but maybe yours would be worth a try.

53. Gina says:

Oatmeal raisin!!!!

54. Anonymous says:

oatmeal raisin! they’re my favorites!

55. Those are cute pics of Batman in action :)

I’m excited about December’s cookie recipes!

56. Jo says:

I vote for Snickerdoodles! My fave :3

57. Kerry says:

Your dogs are absolutely adorable! My vote for tomorrow’s recipe would have to go to oatmeal raisin. They’re my favorite kind of cookie, but I don’t have a healthy recipe that I like.

58. courtney says:

Mmm, peanut butter! I have a major craving AND a giant jar of the best stuff from Whole Foods 😉

P.S. CONGRATS on the Foodbuzz award!! I totally voted for you 😀

1. Thank you so much, Courtney!

And that’s my favorite pb too! My giant jar is getting dangerously low, though :-?. I think I need an EXTRA giant jar!

59. courtney says:

P.P.S. Batman is SO adorable! Love.

60. evan says:

first of all, batman is the cutest ever!
    second, oatmeal raisin cookies are my favourite…besides molasses.
    love everything you do/make at i’m gong to go make some apple bars and cookie dough pancakes right now!
    you’re the best!!

61. Emma says:

PB PB PB!

62. Nathalie says:

Oooh, that’s a tough choice. Imma go with… oatmeal raisin! Because, you’ve already been so generous with the peanut butter recipes, and I know you already have snickerdoodle versions of *stuff* around the site, so the oatmeal raisin seems like it needs a fair shake. Plus my sister’s been bringing it up and having an awesome Katie-cipe to give her would make my day =D

Doncha love how every dog/cat/bird has a different and unique personality? It always baffles me when people say they “don’t like animals.” Every animal is a different creature!

1. I actually have three or four oatmeal raisin posts I need to do! Cookies, pancakes, larabars… :)

63. So Batman may just rival me for cutest little dog ever. Is he a Chihuahua too? We’re all so freakin adorable. I would love to see a recipe for Snickerdoodles. The only ones I’ve ever had just tasted like a huge stick of butter and I have a feeling your’s would be totally different. I just made a some oatmeal chocolate cookies the other day that turned out phenomenal, but I would love to figure out a way to veganize them. Any suggestions?

1. I’ve had success with my flourless choc chip recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/08/30/flourless-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Or my regular choc chip recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/04/27/worlds-healthiest-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Just make them oatmeal raisin instead of chocolate chip :)

Batman is part Chihuahua, but since he’s a rescue dog, I’m not really sure exactly what else he is!

64. Rebecca says:

Snickerdidoos please!

OMG I made some kick-a$$ pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last night (and they just happened to be vegan!) Seriously…killer!

Ahh..yes, the dog trying to eat the food props—been there! My dog actually never ate when she was a pup (I had to add water, microwave, throw pieces on the floor..anything to get her to eat!) And then one day…BOOM! She became an eat monster and never looked back. It has gotten her into quite a lot of mischief (i.e. stealing an entire challah bread off our Thanksgiving table (mind you, she was about 7 pounds so that loaf was as big as she was. It was hilarious when we saw her carbo-loading in the front hallway! Oh, and then there was the time I ran into a store for (seriously) 2 minutes to grab some sushi at Whole Foods before they closed on Christmas Eve and when I came back to the car, my dog had eaten THROUGH the cardboard package of my salad and ate all the onions (toxic to dogs!)—she stopped at the pickled jalapenos. ha ha. That was a nice Christmas Eve in the doggy ER!)

1. Haha I think it’s the most hilarious thing ever that you just described your dog as carbo loading!

Henry ate chocolate once… we kept waiting for him to get sick, but I think all it did to him was give him crazy energy! He’s a weird one…

65. D’aww, your puppy is too cute! My dog always walks in on my photoshoots too, and I have to shoo him away!
    I’d say snickerdoodle…haven’t we seen a recipe for PB recently?

66. Ahahahahahha. Omg so cute. CHOCOLATE STUFFED? WHAT THE EFF SEND ME SOME

67. I am so glad that you said you would be posting all of those recipes. I was afraid I was only going to get the one I voted for. I say snickerdoodles! :)

68. Roberta says:

Batman is adorable! He looks just like our female Chihuahua, Polly!

1. Oh my word, it’s Batman’s twin!!! She’s adorable!

69. VegAlexandra says:

OATMEAL RAISIN!
    OATMEAL RAISIN!
    OATMEAL RAISIN!
    OATMEAL RAISIN!
    OATMEAL RAISIN!
    OATMEAL RAISIN!
    OATMEAL RAISIN!
    OATMEAL RAISIN!
    OATMEAL RAISIN!
    OATMEAL RAISIN!

Can you tell that I’d like oatmeal raisin cookies? (;

p.s. OATMEAL RAISIN!

70. Awwwwww Batman is so adorable!!!! 😀 Just give me a call if you ever need a dog-sitter 😉

How can I choose?! I loooove peanut butter, but oatmeal raisin are my second favorite cookies, and snickerdoodles sound wonderful too! Final vote: snickerdoodles! 😀

Oh and I did have the chocolate cake with lunch yesterday! I tried using all stevia, but I think I’ll try using some regular sugar next time like the recipe says… I’m so bad at following directions! It just tasted a bit too stevia-y, but that’s completely my fault! When I don’t follow directions, I expect different results. :) Anywho, it was still really good, and I’ll definitely be making it again!!

<3 <3

71. Elle says:

Snickerdoodles please! I haven’t found the perfect vegan snickerdoodle recipe yet; I just know yours will be it! My dad’s birthday is coming up and these are his favorite cookies. Much better your recipe made with love from me than yet more Costco egg and cow milk cookies. <3

72. ash says:

SNICKER.DOODLES.PLEASSE. I’ve always wanted to bake them, but am always put off by the amount of butter and sugar that go into making them :/

73. Alan Kleesattel says:

Oatmeal raisin sound yummy and of course so do the snicker doodle! But you did so graciously post that snicker doodle recipe in the main recipe comment section so I could wait MAYBE a little while for the official one haha. And I was just thInking about oatmeal rasin but PB sounds yummy. I still vote for oatmeal.

74. Oh Snickerdoodles please! My little peanut (21 months) has a ton of food allergies and its one of the few cookies she can have and I’d love to see your version! (PLEASE!)

75. Maddy says:

Ohhh! I’ve been searching for a good oatmeal raisin cookie recipe! OATMEAL RAISIN PLEASE!

76. Aja says:

Gosh, that’s a hard decision. And I love the pictures of puppers. So adorable.

77. Kathy says:

I pick snickerdoodles, just because I love cinnamon + sugar :]
    And your pups are adorable! I esp. love the first photo! ^^

78. awww Batman is sooo cute! haha he looks adorably eeeviilllllll in that picture maddoggin’ ya. 😛

79. Jeanna says:

Mmmm oatmeal raisin!!! I’ve never actually had a snickerdoodle so maybe this isn’t a fair vote……..
    Batman is adorable, and I think the name is perfect I’m so glad it stuck!!

80. Snickerdoodle! What a cute little pup. You should bake vegan puppy treats!

81. Maxene says:

snickerdoodles or oatmeal raison!

82. Tara says:

Definitely snickerdoodle!! They’re my sister’s favorite type of cookie so I’d love to be able to make some healthier ones for her!

83. Kristen says:

Oatmeal raisin!
    And more pictures of Batman! He is an adorable food snatcher. Ever thought of making doggie treats? (Obviously would have to be non-chocolate)- could make for a good photo shoot! I make my dog homemade frosty paws….

1. I should try! But lol Henry is on a diet, so I try not to feed him very many treats (except his favorite raw carrots!).

84. Congrats Katie!! You’re awesome! I would love to see peanut butter cookies please! :)

85. Ketapang says:

While he may *look* like a dashing superhero, Batman is clearly part Cookie Monster!
    (I’ve been traveling for a month in Asia and cannot wait to get back to the US, capital of nut butters, so…peanut butter, please…)

86. Sonya says:

Soooo cute!! I have a couple chocolate labradors with names Mocha, Java. I have to keep Mocha behind a gate when ever there is food about as she will promptly put her front paws on the counter and survey what’s available to grab and eat. I’ve lots whole loaves of bread before and even a cantelope (seeds and all) LOL!!

We my vote for the next cookie would be peanut butter.

Congratulations and keep up the awesome cooking! BTW I made the Ultimate Fudge Pie the other day and brought it to a friends for dinner. Everyone loved it! (and so did I :-) I’ll be making it again for Thanksgiving!

1. Aw, I’m so excited you liked it! That’s one of my favorite recipes :).

87. Hanna M. says:

I’m voting for Oatmeal raisin! :)

88. Miranda says:

I just found your blog. Great recipes! Can’t wait to try some…Your dog Batman looks JUST like my dog. It’s uncanny…I thought it was my puppy for a minute. =)

1. Awww lol twins! Aren’t they the sweetest? Batman is so cuddly :).

89. Rebecca says:

Batman is so adorable! Snickerdoodles get my vote :)

90. Alyssa says:

Aw, cute li’l pup! He’s thinking “I got adopted into the best home, EVER!!!!!!”

91. I have the same issues when working on my photos, except in my house the culprit is a monstrous kitten and not a dog. To top it off, she’s crazy stubborn, so I can throw her off the table but she will jump right back up thirty seconds later. If I really want to get anything done, I have to lock her in the bedroom…hope that doesn’t make me a bad mother…

92. Jade C says:

Haha, aww, so cute.. ((I actually meant to post this sooner but didn’t manage to get around to it..))
    I made these cookies and stuffed half with the pumpkin-filling and the other half ((almost)) with peanut butter-mixed with just a tiny bit of rice milk to thin it a little. Now, the last little bit of dough, I saved and rolled out on it’s own, and then used it to enrobe a frozen cherry!! It was amazing!! I allowed it to cool-almost completely, and when I bit into it, the cherry was still hot – smoking-hot, actually!! But Katie, this works so well!! It’s like a dark chocolate cherry truffle!! Please try this!!

93. Annie Semlak says:

I am obsessed with oatmeal raisin cookies but I mainly love the dough… I am not a fan of baked things… unless they are gooey or underbaked. For example, I LOVE your cookie dough dip and your pb cookie dough. I like anything fudgy… I plan to make you fudge as soon as I get the ingredients. I love your blog so much. You are seriously awesome at delicious and healthy ideas :)