Coconut Cookie Dough Oatmeal

Coconut cookie dough oatmeal – baked in the oven until it is warm and gooey.

cookie dough oatmeal

With melted chocolate swirled into every bite.

This is a breakfast that will definitely make you want to get out of bed in the morning. And you can even make it the night before or make extras and freeze leftovers for a rainy day when you don’t want to cook in the morning.

This recipe is a huge reader favorite on my website, with over 1,000 positive reviews from readers who have made the recipe. It tastes like eating a Mounds bar for breakfast. Highly recommended! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/11/10/coconut-cookie-dough-oatmeal/ width=

This is a huge reader favorite recipe – it has all the deliciousness of eating a Mounds bar for breakfast!

coconut oatmeal

The coconut cookie dough baked oatmeal can also make a great grab-and-go breakfast. Take it in the car or pack it into a lunchbox for a portable “fast food” treat that is actually good for you!

If you make this, be sure to tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on instagram so I can see your creations!!!

Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal - baked in the oven until it's warm and gooey, with melty chocolate chips - @choccoveredkt - tasted like a Mounds bar for breakfast!!! http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/11/10/coconut-cookie-dough-oatmeal/

pin-it

Coconut Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal

(serves 1)

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • stevia or sugar of choice
  • 1/4 cup applesauce or banana
  • optional 4 drops coconut extract
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice or canned coconut milk
  • 1-2 tbsp pre-melted coconut butter (Coconut-Free Version)
  • optional handful chocolate chips, plus extras for the top

Baked Cookie Dough Oatmeal: Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then mix in wet. Pour into a small baking pan, loaf pan, or 1-cup ramekin (or, for mini boatmeal cakes, two 1/2-cup ramekins). Cook for 20 minutes or more, until it’s firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 5 more minutes – or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust. Don’t forget to spray your ramekins first if you want your cakes to pop out.

View Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

Blueberry Pie Pancakes - SUPER ginormous fluffy blueberry pancakes recipe... with over 200 positive reader reviews - from @choccoveredkt: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/06/09/blueberry-pie-pancakes/

Blueberry Pie Pancakes

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free says:

YUM! I love how the chocolate chips melt and get all gooey in the oats!

Bfast today (not vegan, sorry!): egg omelet with spinach, onions, tomatoes, capers, and oregano

2. Rande @ The Vegetable Centric Kitchen says:

I’ve been making the oatmeal recipes raw by soaking oat groats over night with the other ingredients. The anything with chocolate chips is the best, this sounds especially delicious!

3. Moni'sMeals says:

This looks great!! Will have to try this manana.

I am eating my pb butter-chocolate chip oatmeal right now. 🙂

4. Jenny @ HealthyMOChick says:

This looks absolutely delicious!!! I had a Roobios Tea with coconut milk, cinnamon, and honey with two strips of turkey bacon (sorry I’m not a vegan but I love your stuff!) and strawberries with coconut flakes!

5. Kristi says:

This sounds so good. All of my favorite things in oatmeal! I can’t wait to try it.

6. Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn says:

Dying. COCONUT BUTTER. That’s what I miss! Chrsitmas listttttt here we go.

7. Mary Sue says:

I had a breakfast apple crisp with greek yogurt. It was yummy!

8. Albizia says:

no breakfast yet but after reading this post my stomach really hates me :/ .

9. Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather says:

Warm and gooey sounds good to me! Love the idea of those as a baked oatmeal. Is it warm enough to sit outside in the morning? Lucky girl!

10. I LOVE your baked oatmeal! I make it most Saturdays, and the cookie dough is my FAVE flavour (obviously 😉 ) so I can’t WAIT to make this! 😀

11. Aja says:

I wish I liked oatmeal because this looks so good.

12. Coconut chocolate chip cookie dough oatmeal…is there anything you can’t do Katie? Really?

I bet not. 😉

1. AP Chemistry!! I can’t do Moles. Do not understand them for the life of me lol 😉

13. Amber H says:

Sounds amazing! Do you take any requests? I love browned butter/brown sugar cookies…. would love to know how to make/adapt them to a low cal version

1. Oh those sound good! I will have to do some research… I don’t think I’ve ever had a brown butter cookie!

14. I’m so jealous of that delicious looking breakfast! I’m all out of coconut 🙁 I had some toast with earth balance and caramel crunch coffee….pretty lame!

15. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga says:

your press page looks great!

and so does the oatmeal. cookie dough anything makes me happy 🙂

16. This looks awesome! I’m going to get some coconut butter tomorrow when I go to Whole Foods. I HAVE to try this. My breakfast was a banana chai smoothie with homemade chai spice mix, coconut milk, and peanut butter. Tasty, but a bit cold.

17. Lisa says:

mmm! I had a coconut chocolate chip clif bar today so that reminded me of this! so good.
    I had eggs and pancakes for bfast 🙂 it was a nice treat from the usual cereal ! 🙂

18. BroccoliHut says:

Delicious! Kinda reminds me of those seven layer bars my mom used to make.
    I had overnight oats for breakfast this morning with pumpkin, apple, & pecans 🙂

19. catalinamaya says:

Yum – definitely a recipe I’m going to try on the weekend when I’m not getting ready for school at 5:30! Generally on weekdays, I have oatmeal or eggs on an English muffin – which I tire of easily! So, on the weekends, I like to treat myself by whipping up one of your recipes – the Cake Batter Pancakes were amazing, by the way!

Oh, and a quick question: I recently bought coconut oil, and do you think I could use that instead of coconut butter? If so, would it be any different from coconut butter, and would I have to melt it before using it?

Thanks a bunch!

1. It’s definitely not the same as coconut butter, so the taste would be different… but I think it would still be just as yummy in its own right (as long as it’s unrefined coconut oil. The refined one doesn’t have that coconutty taste)! You wouldn’t have to melt it before using, but I would recommend that you do just so it more evenly distributes :).

20. Katie @Nutrition In A Peanut Shell says:

Ahhh coconut butter, WANT. I just haven’t been able to make the splurge! This reminds me of those candy bars though..the chocolate + coconut ones