Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Coconut Cookie Dough Oatmeal

Coconut cookie dough oatmeal.

cookie dough oatmeal

Baked until it’s warm and gooey.

With melted chocolate swirled into every bite.

Warm and gooey.

cookie dough oats

Did I mention it’s warm and gooey?

This recipe is a huge reader favorite on my website, with over 1,000 positive reviews from readers who have made the recipe. It tastes like eating a Mounds bar for breakfast. Highly recommended! width=

Coconut Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal

(serves 1)

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • sweetener of choice (sugar, stevia, etc.)
  • 1/4 cup applesauce or banana
  • optional 4 drops coconut extract
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice or canned coconut milk
  • 1 or 2 tbsp pre-melted coconut butter (coconut-free version here)
  • optional handful chocolate chips, plus extras for the top

Baked Cookie Dough Oatmeal: Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then mix in wet. Pour into a small baking pan, loaf pan, or 1-cup ramekin (or, for mini boatmeal cakes, two 1/2-cup ramekins). Cook for 20 minutes or more, until it’s firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 5 more minutes (or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust). Don’t forget to spray your ramekins first if you want your cakes to pop out. If you want a fat-free recipe, I’d go with one of my other baked oatmeal flavors. Sure, this one will still taste good if you leave the coconut butter out… but it won’t be coconut cookie dough any more!

View Baked Oatmeal Nutrition Facts

coconut oatmeal

What did you have for breakfast today?

Side note: I just published a new Chocolate-Covered Katie Press Page.

(I’m trying to make it a drop-down page but haven’t had any luck with that yet. Some day, I am going to figure this out! Or I am going to win the lottery and then hire a fancy graphic designer to change my header and make my blog easier to navigate. Unfortunately, it’s kind of difficult to win the lottery if you never buy a ticket…)

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Adrienne says:

Quick question, would quinoa work as a substitute for oatmeal? I love hot cereals, but am highly allergic to oats. (I can eat any other grain, just not oats) I don’t think that wheat farina would work well, it may be too runny

2. Rebecca says:

This recipe is fantastic. I make this alll the time now. :) I have one alteration: instead of applesauce or a banana, I use chia seeds soaked in water. Works great!

3. Elisabetta says:

Do you think using a toaster oven the time would change? I’ve tried almost all of your baked oatmeal and in 15 mins they become very crispy. I wonder if maybe being smaller it changes the cooking or something. Thank you!

4. Gabby says:

Mmmm.. can’t wait to try this! If only I had coconut extract and coconut butter :( I looked everywhere for coconut butter but couldn’t find any! :/ Oh well.. guess I’ll just be omitting it. I might swirl in some coconut flakes though :p

5. Lauren Johnston says:

On behalf of my kids thank you for helping their mom make vegan more fun and keeping the chocolate!!!!

6. Asia says:

I have this recipe bookmarked because it’s my favorite on your site. But in my bookmarks it only shows up as ‘coconut cookie doug… ‘. My husband read it out loud and said “coconut cookie Doug? Is that chocolate covered Katie’s husband?” he was joking but we got a good laugh out of it and I thought you would too :)

7. Lily says:

Hi! Does agave work for the sweetener?

1. Lily says:

I LOVE YOU!

8. Alyna says:

Alas, it doesn’t say how much sugar or other sweetener…recommendations?

9. Jenny says:

Hi! I just want to know what kind of chocolate you use for all of your recipes! Thanks in advance!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

In the past, Katie has indicated that she uses Whole Foods brand, Enjoy Life and Ghirardelli gold packages.

10. Clair says:

This looks amazing! It looks really milky in the pictures, though. Did you add cold milk to it? Also, this recipe is the amount for a single person?

1. Yes, I added milk to the top. And yes, it is single-serving :).

11. Telli says:

I’ve been trying recipes on your site for awhile now. I’m just now getting around to leaving feedback….I made this coconut cookie dough oatmeal recipe this morning…..It has to be my all time favorite out of all the baked oatmeal recipes I’ve tried!!!
    btw I used your website to make my own coconut butter too!

12. Charlene says:

This looks absolutely amazing! A must try for sure! I love how versatile rolled oats are!

13. Brooke says:

I wanted to use your recipe – but make it healthy (er). I substituted half the oats with sprouted buckwheat, skipped the sugar and added blueberries instead of chocolate (sacrilegious. i know). It was super moist, surprisingly sweet and deliciously yummy.
    The rest of my family enjoyed your original recipe!

14. marcie whittier says:

Is coconut oil different than coconit butter? Have only seen coconut oil in stores here.

15. amanda says:

Just made it this morning, so good!

16. Emily says:

Where can I find quality coconut extract? I love coconut but despise a fake coconut flavor. Amazon doesn’t look like it has anything worthy…

17. Jenn Friedman says:

Just wanted to say that I am so happy you are following your dream. It must feel so good when you hear of everyone from all over the place trying your recipes and giving you amazing feedback. I’m just really happy for you, girl! You’re following your passion and making it your life’s journey!! So incredible and inspiring to see every day. :) Yay, Katie!

18. Melanie Serre says:

What is coconut butter & how do I find it? Can’t wait to try this! I love oats & chocolate!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Check out this link for further information about it.

19. Lacey says:

Hi, I made this and added a little coconut in it and on the top. It was DEVINE! But what is the nutritional info for the whole thing?

20. Robin says:

Hi! I LOVE your blog and have loved every recipe we’ve tried so far! I was wondering, though…is there any chance you might at some point post recipes like this (specifically the baked oatmeal) with the measurements for more servings than one? We are a family of six and I would love to make a big batch of baked oatmeal “muffins” for all of us. I have tried to quadruple recipes before and I think I got mixed up somewhere because it didn’t come out tasting the same. =P That must be the unseasoned baker in me. 😉

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Try this recipe:
      It can also be baked in a 9×13 pan and cut into squares.

21. I love coconut, cookie dough and oatmeal… love your recipes and I have pinned this to my pinterest so I can try it out, my list of recipes to try is pretty long 😛

22. Sahar Massoudian says:

Hi Katie! This looks amazing! I don’t have very much time in the morning, do you think I could make this as overnight oats?

Thanks! <3

23. Inkling says:

We tried this the other day. I didn’t have coconut butter, so we just used the oil. It was so amazingly delicious, and we loved it. I can’t do regular oatmeal because of texture issues, but this has just enough crunch around the edges to make it perfect. So yum! I’m so glad a friend on FB posted this link.

24. Jo says:

oh dear i need help. the 4 drops confuses me, approximately how much of a teaspoon would that be? i know it’s optional but i love coconut extract but it seems like i use way too much because it gets overpowering and makes my end result pretty bland

25. Selina says:

I loved the recipe for Coconut Cookie Dough Oatmeal – I make 3-5 at a time in 250ml mason jars and store them in the fridge to eat over the week. Would you be able to post the nutirtional info for this? Thx so much.

26. Michelle Maneotis says:

I have a question, why isn’t there a print feature on your recipes? I spend so much time trying to print the recipe so I can take it to my kitchen, I could have already made one by now. I keep seeing this problem over and over on blogs and it’s really annoying me. What is everyone’s problem with allowing a print button!? Isn’t that why you share recipes? So people can make them and take them to their kitchens!? UGH

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Although there’s no print button, it’s still relatively easy to save and then print Katie’s recipes. Highlight just the recipe itself and right-click “Copy.” Then open a new Word document and right-click “Paste.” You can name this file with the recipe name, and print it easily from that point. You can save it in a CCK Recipe folder, too.

27. M says:

Delightful! Added in some coconut flakes as well.

28. Candice says:

Just finished scarfing this down for breakfast 😀 This was the 4th time I’ve made it. The first time I used applesauce and thought it was just ok. The second time I opted for mashed banana and it was ahh-mazing! The third time I accidentally used sour coconut milk and had to throw the whole thing out… ugh! This time I used coconut milk, banana, added some shredded coconut, and Earth Balance coconut oil peanut butter, and it was even better than the second time I made it. The peanut butter wasn’t strong at all, it was masked by all the coconutty goodness. It’s very filling and I can go to work on a full belly this morning :) This is for sure in my top 3 oatmeal recipes!

29. Stephanie says:

This looks so delicous!! Could I make portions of these, freeze them and then bake them? I guess the cooking time would be longer then…unless i defrost in the microwave first? What do you think!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

30. tanya says:

is there a way to make this without baking it? how would you covert this to the stovetop?

31. Monika says:

This looks, and sounds amazing! 😀 will have to try this <3 Btw, what kind of chocolate chips do you use/have in this picture, looks so so good! :)

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Katie says she often uses Enjoy Life or Fair Trade brands. Hope that helps!

32. diana anderson says:

Katie, I am still awaiting your cookbook. Is it still happening?

33. Brenda says:

Do you think this would be good pre-baked then just warmed in the microwave when ready to eat? I don’t cook during the week unless I have to. I make as much as possible on my days off for the following week.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Great that way. You can even freeze it and thaw for later!

34. Stephanie says:

This looks and sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!

35. Chef Bug says:

Hello, Katie,

I am stopping by to let you know how this recipe turned out for me. It. Is. awesome. Seriously, I have never thought of baking oatmeal before! I stumbled upon your blog last week and I have been finding fun things to try. I also made my own coconut butter in my vitamin, which I now use in recipes! This oatmeal was great, too with the homage to chocolate chip cookies. I used super dark chocolate chips, applesauce (an apple and a couple TBSP of water in my vitamix), unsweetened almond milk, and I left out a sweetener altogether. And I don’t think it needed a sweetener. The chocolate chips and applesauce bring enough sweetness to it!

Thanks Again, and I will now be testing out some more of your recipes!
    -Chef Bug

36. nuts4knits says:

This has become my favorite baked oatmeal recipe. It stays on the fridge all the time.