Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Coconut Cookie Dough Oatmeal

Coconut cookie dough oatmeal – baked in the oven until it is warm and gooey.

cookie dough oatmeal

With melted chocolate swirled into every bite.

This is a breakfast that will definitely make you want to get out of bed in the morning.

And you can even make it the night before or make extras and freeze leftovers for a rainy day when you don’t want to cook in the morning.

This recipe is a huge reader favorite on my website, with over 1,000 positive reviews from readers who have made the recipe. It tastes like eating a Mounds bar for breakfast. Highly recommended! width=

This is a huge reader favorite recipe – it has all the deliciousness of eating a Mounds bar for breakfast!

coconut oatmeal

The coconut cookie dough baked oatmeal can also make a great grab-and-go breakfast.

Take it in the car or pack it into a lunchbox for a portable “fast food” treat that is actually good for you!

If you make this, be sure to tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on instagram so I can see your creations!!!

Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal - baked in the oven until it's warm and gooey, with melty chocolate chips - @choccoveredkt - tasted like a Mounds bar for breakfast!!!

Coconut Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal

(serves 1)

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • stevia or sugar of choice
  • 1/4 cup applesauce or banana
  • optional 4 drops coconut extract
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice or canned coconut milk
  • 1-2 tbsp pre-melted coconut butter (Coconut-Free Version)
  • optional handful chocolate chips, plus extras for the top

Baked Cookie Dough Oatmeal: Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine dry ingredients, then mix in wet. Pour into a small baking pan, loaf pan, or 1-cup ramekin (or, for mini boatmeal cakes, two 1/2-cup ramekins). Cook for 20 minutes or more, until it’s firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 5 more minutes – or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust. Don’t forget to spray your ramekins first if you want your cakes to pop out.

View Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

Blueberry Pie Pancakes - SUPER ginormous fluffy blueberry pancakes recipe... with over 200 positive reader reviews - from @choccoveredkt:

Blueberry Pie Pancakes

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Tara says:

This sounds lovely!! Mounds for breakfast sounds good to me. Or you could add almonds as well and have almond joy for breakfast!

2. Anna-Maria @ pinkbarbells says:

That looks soooo good! I am making it as soon as I get my hands on some coconut butter! thank you for posting this:)

3. Rebecca says:

Beautiful and tasty looking oatmeal. I sense a new breakfast in the near future. This morning I had a vegan pumpkin cranberry scone and part of a banana (the part not brown) with some almond butter

4. erin says:

yummmm I made mine in the microwave for 2 and a half minutes, worked out great!

5. I enjoyed this wonderfully delicious dish yesterday! MMMM! Thanks for sharing all your amazing ideas.

I’m not sure how you manage to keep up with all your comments, but I have one more for you. You have an award waiting for you at my blog…

1. Awww thank you SO much! I am honored! 🙂

6. Linda Ramos says:

I am fairly new at being Gluten and Dairy free (almost 8 weeks!). I didn’t have any coconut butter (didn’t know it existed!) so I added coconut oil. This was awesome. I just finished it now. Next time I think I will add some shredded coconut too. Thank you so much for sharing your recipes. I am having fun searching your site.

7. Oh my gosh. I physically will be unable to eat anything other than this for breakfast for the next week. Thank you so much. 🙂 This looks so good!!! And the photography on your blog is always amazing.

8. Sonya says:

Just made this today. LOVE IT! Thank you!

9. Kathy says:

I had quinoa pancakes~!

10. That looks pretty ridiculous…..

(tommorows breakfast ;))

11. Jenny D says:

I can not believe how amazingly good this is!! And soo filling! I love oatmeal and have tried other “mounds-like” recipes which was basically shredded coconut w/ some choco chips that were ok…but didn’t really have you running for seconds. If I didn’t feel so stuffed, I would def run for seconds of this!! Well done, Lady!

12. Coconut butter! I’d be using it for eating plain out of the package. 🙂

I think I’d like to make some cookies with it too – peanut butter coconut maybe? Mmm

13. Maya says:

I will either eat it plain or stir into hot oatmeal! Mmmmm

14. Jade says:

Mmm..cashew and walnut and pecan and coconut butter…
    I don’t think they would last long enough for me to eat them with anything!

15. abbey says:

I would use it for this recipe it looks soo yummy!

16. abbey says:

I already like you on fb!

17. Becky Przy says:

I would use them by making banana coconut butter or pumpkin coconut butter and smear them on various single lady cupcakes;-)

18. Katrina says:

When I see coconut I think of macaroons. Therfore I think I would make them using this and chocolate! Oh and of course use ALL of these in hot oats.

19. Lisa Wilder says:

I think I would use these butters on just about everything! Yum!