Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Four Ingredient Ice Cream

healthy ice cream

Sweet, drippy ice cream, cascading into a delicious pool of vanilla.

Yeah, it’s winter. But I can’t keep this dreamy recipe to myself for the next four months. And actually, I really like eating ice cream in the winter.

healthy vanilla ice cream

One of my favorite memories is of a Christmas my family spent with relatives in Italy. The weather was bitter cold and rainy, and yet we knew it’d be a sin to leave without sampling the famed Italian gelato. Therefore—decked in hats, scarves, and heavy coats—we sat in a little gelateria, clumsily using gloved hands to spoon the rich, creamy dessert into our mouths. I’ve never tasted ice cream as delectable as on that blustery December day.

Perhaps this memory is what prompted me to pull out my ice cream maker a few days ago, in the ugliest weather we’ve experienced so far this year. The frustrating thing about ice cream makers is that you can really only make one batch per day, since the base needs to be completely frozen for optimum performance.

And I am not a patient person! If a recipe experiment doesn’t come out perfectly the first time, I immediately want to try again. My first attempt at making a healthy ice cream was awful. Loosely following a recipe from The New York Times, I mixed cornstarch in with my almond milk. The result was not an ice cream; it was a paste! In my second attempt, I reduced the amount of cornstarch, but it was still pasty. So, on day three, I omitted the cornstarch altogether…

healthy ice cream

Feel free to customize this basic recipe any way you want! Add cocoa powder for healthy chocolate ice cream, berries for a sherbet, or even crushed candy canes and peppermint extract for a Christmas treat.

Four Ingredient Ice Cream

(Can be any flavor!)

• 2 cups milk of choice or nondairy creamer or coconut milk (see note below)
  • 1/4 cup sweetener of choice: such as pure maple syrup, brown sugar, or xylitol for sugar-free
  • pinch stevia or 1 extra tbsp sugar
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 and 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • optional ingredients for whatever flavor you desire

Mix all ingredients (except optional ingredients, if they are chunky) in a dish. If you have an ice-cream maker: simply transfer to your ice cream maker and watch the magic! (I have a Cuisinart, and it took 12-14 minutes to turn the liquid into ice cream. Warning: Make sure your ice cream maker’s base is completely frozen before use, or it will NOT work!!) You can eat it straight from the machine, or freeze a few hours for firmer texture. Homemade ice cream is best the day it’s made, but you can technically thaw it out and it will keep for a few weeks. If you don’t have an ice-cream maker, see nutrition link below:

View Ice Cream Nutrition Facts

A word about the milk: This tastes delicious if you use only almond milk, but the texture is more foam-y (in a good way, if that makes sense!) than creamy. If you use only nondairy creamer or full-fat canned coconut milk, the texture is more like ice cream. (Brand ideas include: Silk creamer, So Delicious creamer, or Good Karma.) If not serving right away, be sure to thaw a little if your freezer is super-cold. (Also, I’d probably stay away from fat-free milks, such as ricemilk.)

Edit: If you are using all almond milk and still want it creamy (not foamy), you can freeze the ice cream and then re-blend it in a Vita-Mix for Vita-mix ice cream. The end result is incredibly creamy, without the fat and calories of using the coconut milk or creamer.

Do you have a favorite ice cream flavor?

Mine’s always been mint-chocolate chip. But plain chocolate is a close second. Coconut’s good, too! And cookie dough, peanut butter, cookies-n-cream… probably the only flavors I’m not big on are sorbets or sherbets.

Here’s a list of flavors: Over 100 Healthy Ice Cream Recipes.

(All of the recipes in the above link can be made without an ice-cream maker.)

Tags: , , ,

1. Chris says:

I would add chocolate chips, chocolate fudge, and peanut butter.

2. Posting on Twitter now! I already follow you.

3. Molly says:

I like you on Facebook!

4. Molly says:

To customize I’d add in some dark socialite chips and strawberries!

5. Andrea M says:

Already get your awesome recipes via email!

6. Allison says:

I would add bits of peppermint and chocolate chips to make a holiday treat, yum!

7. Nicole says:

And I already get your emails!

8. Anna says:

I like you on FB!

9. Valerie says:

Good Morning… your recipe and so simple! I would add some yummey strawberries! Cheers, sincerely, Valerie.

10. Aubrey says:

mmmmm!! I think a mocha flavor with instant coffee and chocolate would be AMAZING!!

11. Isabel says:

In the spirit of holiday decadence, I would adapt to cheesecake ice cream; add (fat free/low fat/vegan) cream cheese, a pinch of lemon, vanilla extract, and hope for the best! There’s not much that can go wrong with cream cheese and vanilla, after all.

12. Jennifer says:

Hi Katie!
    I love this recipe! When I was a child I would beg my parents to always buy cremesicles, I still love that blend of flavors so I would add either orange or clementine slices or orange or tangerine juice! Thanks again for another awesome recipe!

13. claire says:

I would add peanut butter and some chocolate chips!!

14. Jaclyn says:

I would add anything my son would want! He has several allergies so this would be perfect for him!

15. Colleen says:

I like you on fb

16. megan says:

I would try an almond joy ice cream – half coconut milk, half almond milk, and add shredded coconut, crushed almonds and chocolate chips…..

17. Stefanie-Anne says:

I would make brown sugar & white chocolate ice cream. YUM!

18. This time of year, I’d suggest adding some canned pumpkin, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sugar free caramel syrup, and walnuts. Festive and healthy! (Similar to the cottage cheese pudding recipe I’m planning on posting on my own blog this week)

19. Rachel F. says:

I’d definitely add some pecans. I’m obsessed with them and put them in everything. Plus maple syrup and pecans… how could that be bad?

20. Whitney says:

Organic pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, sprinkled with flaked ginger and cinnamon! I love it all year round :)

21. jc says:

i’d add carob!

22. Nicole S says:

Of course I already like you on FB!

23. Rachel F. says:

I would add pecans. I’m obsessed with them, and put them in everything. Plus maple syrup and pecans… how could that be bad?

24. jc says:

signed up for emails!

25. Colleen says:

add peanut butter chocolate chips :)

26. Nicole S says:

I already like you on FB!

27. Lauren says:

I would definitely make some GF edible “raw” cookie dough to put in there! And some peanuts for crunch!

28. katie says:

I would add cocoa powder and coconut flour! YUMMM!

29. This looks delish! If I had to tweak it, I would add some cinnamon before popping it in the Cuisinart ice cream machine. I am a sucker for cinnamon, especially around the holidays! Cinnamon ice cream with a little pumpkin-spiced granola would be to die for (and it would give me yet another reason to eat pumpkin 😉 ). Thanks, CCK!

30. jc says:

31. Ariel says:

I would customize this by making a cookies and cream ice cream. It’s my favorite. I follow you on Twitter and Facebook. I also get your emails.

32. Sarah says:

For this time of year I would add peppermint extract and cruched peppermint sticks to make my favorite ice cream. Some fruit would also be divine for the summer months!

33. jc says:

34. Eunice says:

I would add glazed or candied pecans and caramel. There are so many possibilities! The Cuisinart ice cream maker has been on my wish list.

35. Sarah says:

I just signed up for your emails!!! So excited!!

36. Donna Barnes says:

I would customize your amazing recipe by adding some unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon.

37. Kayla says:

I’m thinkin about a coffee version of this ice cream with chocolate involved somehow, of course. :) Thanks for the giveaway!

38. Autum says:

I would make it a cake batter flavor! I love yellow cake, but don’t necessarily like the cake texture or the frosting. Then with cake you have to have ice cream, so I love cake batter ice cream. Two treats in one!!!

39. jess m says:

I would like to make vanilla honey ice cream….YOUR SITE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. Rebekah says:

I would add cookie dough :-)

41. Colleen says:

I get your e-mails :)

42. Dalores says:

I would try it with chcolate soymilk. I get your emails and also follow you on Facebook. Love your recipes!

43. Corey says:

Mint Chocolate Chip!

44. Claire says:

So many entries! I hope this one counts! I think I would use a vanilla pod instead of vanilla extract, and add a bit of cinnamon. I think I would also see if I could blend that delicious vegan cream into the recipe somehow to make it even creamier. It may seem simple, but vanilla and cinnamon are two of my favourite flavours! Also, there is a flavour in Italian gelato that I tried called ‘milk’ flavour. It seems odd but it was an intense milky dream. If there was some way I could achieve that kind of flavour without using the actual milk, I would definitely do that too.

A pumpkin-pie flavoured ice-cream for the holidays I think would also go down a treat! I’d love to try that! <3

(I also follow you on twitter @freezingkiss, and like your fb page. xD)

45. Amy Latterner says:

I would add a little arrowroot (mixed with water, to make a paste) and then add it to the ice cream mixture. (i’m not sure if you tried that)
    I would add some fresh vanilla bean too! 😀 yummy. And I like you on facebook already

46. Cari says:

i think i might add some chai spice and almonds! or maybe some dark chocolate chunks and crystallized ginger :)

47. Lea says:

I think it would be yummy to add in peanut butter, or use yogurt and make frozen yogurt

48. tiffany says:

i’d add some fun extracts. i’m thinking butterscotch!

49. Lauren says:

I liked you on facebook! :) I would add Peppermint extract & chocolate chips!

50. Ashli Phillips says:

If I had the opportunity to win this ice cream maker, I would definitely be up for experimenting. Taking the base, I would add vanilla bean to get a stronger vanilla flavor for starters. Then the mix-ins begin! My sinful, yet healthy flavor would be Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Berry Truffle :) Vanilla bean ice cream with ribbons of your chocolate peanut butter frosting recipe, mixed with blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Nothing is better than chocolate, peanut butter and berries!

51. Kim says:

My kids have diary and egg allergies so I’ve always wanted to make them ice cream. This summer I found this recipe and it works so well – who would have thought to put marshmallows in it. They LOVE it. Just another option…
    Scroll down to the ice cream recipe. I put this ice cream between homemade chocolate chip cookies for out of this world delicious ice cream sandwiches that we had for BREAKFAST one Sunday morning!

52. Lauren says:

I subscribed to your daily emails!!! I think i would add chopped up hazelnuts and nutella to this recipe!

53. Pamela says:

I love this!! I would for sure try a minty version. Since finding out how allergic I am to dairy it’s so hard to find good icecream & I woudl MUCH rather make it myself anyway!!

54. Colleen says:

I follow you on facebook! :)

55. Rachel F. says:

I would add pecans. I’m obsessed with them, and have been adding them to everything. Plus maple syrup and pecans… how could that be bad?

56. Maegan says:

CONTEST: Cinnamon and graham crackers would make this ice cream perfect for me!!!!

57. Allison says:

I would definitely make a mocha or coffee version of this. I like real coffee, the good stuff, not instant granules. I would make this taste like a rich, smooth, sweet cup of joe/

58. Cari says:

i think i would add some chai spice and almonds! or maybe some dark chocolate chunks and crystallized ginger :)

59. Kit-Kat says:

I would customize the recipe by adding pumpkin pie spice to the mix: making pumkin ice cream!

Or I would mix in cookie dough and mini chocolate chips to the finnished ice “cream”, to make a veganized chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream (I would name it CCK’s Choco-Cookie Cream).

60. sue says:

I would use chocolate milk in my base since I love any chocolate flavored ice cream. Probably add some caramel swirls and crushed oreos!

61. Debbie says:

I want to try toasted almond ice cream made with almond milk! Katie, I love your emails. I like to call you chocolate covered genius!

62. Heather G says:

I would like to try the So Delicious brand (coconut milk) of coffee creamers maybe. I have seen hazelnut and vanilla. I also wondered if the So Delicious eggnog would work. Worth trying.

63. Val says:

I would probably add chocolate or peppermint right now. Those are the two things I’ve really craving!

64. Kelly says:

I like things plain and simple I would mix in some crushed up vanilla bean flavoring :-)

65. Eleah says:

I would add cookie dough… or chocolate covered raisins.

66. Heather says:

First, I love your icecream, the first time I saw it I was super excited to make it because of how simple and easy it was. Then I was even more excited because it’s super delicious.

So, to customize, when it comes to icecream, like any icecream, I can be a peanut butter freak and just want to add copious amounts on top, swirled in, frozen in chunks and crumbled on top, and even just on the spoon so I’ll get a little each bite. However, because of this, ice cream treats can sometimes rack up the calories (even though pb is delicious source of fat and protein ;)) so to make this addiction of mine a little bit healthier, I would keep the original recipe and modify it by adding about 3-4 TBSP peanut butter powder (like PB2) to the mix before putting it in the machine. Then, while its churning, I would put in crushed peanut butter puffins (to give it some texture) and mini chocolate chips (because adding chocolate always makes everything better). I would call it Peanut butter pie ice cream :)

67. Camille- the college girl says:

If I had an ice cream maker I would make a banana/peanut butter ice cream! That combonation has always sat well with me and I might add a little cinnamon for a kick!

68. Patricia Blundll says:

69. Natalie says:

I would definitely add cookie dough. Chocolate chip cookie dough.

70. Kaley says:

Oreo Caramel mmmmmmmm

71. Becca S. says:

I would add diced apple, “apple spice,” and crushed oreos… so good! :)

72. Cari says:

i like your page on facebook

73. Amy L. says:

I would add fresh strawberries and vanilla bean…mmm.

74. Jacqui says:

My customized recipe would include tons of chocolate!! Chocolate chips, crushed oreos, brownie bites, maybe a few Twix pieces… :-)

75. Claire says:

I liked you on fb!!

76. tiffany says:

hmm i would add some fun extracts, like butterscotch! and maybe mix in some graham crackers too.

77. dani says:

add chocolate!

78. Carly says:

I would put coffee, bananas, and peanuts in my ice cream….sounds like a delicious way to relieve stress during a week of finals (and stay awake)!!

79. Jacqui says:

I get your Healthy Recipes as emails

80. kylee says:

chocolate chip cookie dough balls in the ice cream!!

81. Lisa says:

I’d add Bailey’s Irish Cream! Three cheers for ice cream!

82. Sherri says:

Since I am a chef, it’s hard to just narrow down one specific flavor I like, but because of the holidays I think I would make some festive variations to serve. I am thinking gingerbread ice cream would be nice, or maybe blood orange and ginger, or how about pear spice, or even maybe chocolate peppermint patty. All delicious, maybe time for an ice cream social. My ice cream mixer from the 70’s died this summer when I was making concord grape ice cream. Was very bummed. Would love a new one to use and promote!

83. Julie says:

I had the best ice cream this summer in East Nashville at Jeni’s.
    I am dying to make ice cream for the first time. I loved the pistachio honey ice cream and my husband loved the brown butter almond brittle. My hope is to get an ice cream maker for Christmas or for our anniversary in a few weeks (hint hint to my hubby) so I can create my own masterpieces. hehe Thanks for your amazing posts. I have made many of your recipes now and always get great feedback.

84. Carly L. says:

I liked your page on Facebook

85. Stevi says:

I would add peanut butter or PB2!
    I get your emails now too!

86. I think I would have to add some of my old trusted favorites to the base of this recipe: chocolate and strawberries infused with peppermint! It’s indulgent, sweet, and refreshing all at the same time!

87. Mollie says:

I’d add caramel and pralines…yummmm!

88. Elyse says:

Like you, Katie, I still love ice cream, even when it’s cold out. AND I can’t go a day without chocolate! So I would customize four ingredient ice cream by adding cocoa powder and some peppermint extract, then fold in some pieces of peppermint bark!

89. Ros says:

It has got to be tropical flavour! I’d keep the coconut milk, and have banana for sweetness, mango and crunchy hazlenut pieces :)

90. Jacqui says:

I am a fan of you on Facebook

91. Liz says:

I am a fan of your facebook page!

92. Elyse says:

I also get emails!

93. Kat says:

I love adding chocolate chips!

94. Nikki says:

I would definitely add hazelnuts. . .so nutty and perfect with sweet ice cream!

95. Darcie says:

I would totally throw some crushed peppermints into this. Peppermint ice cream is all I ever want anymore!

96. Lindsay says:

I would have to stick with your mint chocolate flavor. It looks exactly like the sugary, unnatural stuff I used to love as a kid!!

97. Sherri says:

Since I’m a chef, the possibilities would be endless, but to keep it simple I would evoke the flavors of the holidays right now, gingerbread vanilla ice cream sounds good, or maybe blood orange and ginger, then spice pear or even chocolate peppermint patty. I was even thinking a cranberry concoction could be nice. My ice cream maker from the 70’s died on me while making concord grape ice cream in the late summer, a new machine would be so great and I could teach others as well. I follow you on Facebook, love the new ideas you come up with.

98. Callea says:

Healthy ice-cream sounds like an oxymoron…but has been proven wrong! My wildest (vegan) dream has come true! :) I will definitely be making this with the addition of organic unsweetened coconut flakes, SPRINKLES, and finely grated vegan dark chocolate…euphoria awaits! :)

99. Hilary says:

I would totally add some peanut butter, pretzels, and chocolate chips, to that bad boy!

100. Breanne says:

My roommate loves lemon flavored things and has rediscovered the flavor after I made some quinoa for dinner.

We would love to make lemon-ginger or lemon-basil flavor!

101. heather says:

Hubby likes cookies and cream, so I would introduce some kind of chocolate/white filling option.

102. Callea says:

I like you on facebook too! An ice cream maker would be a wonderfully dangerous addition to my dorm life !

103. Heather says:

I already get your great emails. (I get your blog entries via email)

104. Lindsay says:

It doesn’t look like my first comment posted, but definitely mint chocolate and I also like you on Facebook!

105. Ashley says:

I would customize it by adding crushed roasted almonds and chocolate chips. Yum!

106. Lindsey Murphy says:

i would add ginger snaps because i love them!!! i would also add pumpkin spice because i’m all about anything pumpkin

107. I would give it a go with egg nog from Silk and add in some cranberries, a new favorite combination of mine :)

108. Jen says:

I would love to add dark chocolate chunks, toasted pecans, and peanut butter! Holy yum…

109. Christina Burrell says:

I would add mint flavoring and mii chocolate chips.

110. Cari says:

i would add chai spice and almonds! or maybe some dark chocolate chunks and crystallized ginger!

111. I would want to try a variation that has chocolate and coffee flavors mixed together.

112. Rebecca says:

You can costumize this by adding 1tsp of coconut extract and 1/2 cup of pineapple to make a pina colada ice cream :)

113. Cheryl says:

I’m thinking of trying this with some dark chocolate to make dark chocolate ice cream! Sure would be nice to have a Cuisinart ice cream maker too! I enjoy reading thru your recipes, so many I want to try!

114. Oooo looks so good, sounds so simple! I think if I were to make this I’d add unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder and crumble up a choc chip cookie dough Larabar to create a chocolate cookie dough-esque ice cream treat. Mmm. I don’t think I can nail down one favorite ice cream flavor but mint choc chip and cookie dough have always hovered near the top of my list.

115. Julia says:

Growing up may favorites are cherry-vanilla and mint choc chip.

116. Fiona says:

I would love to win the ice cream maker because it is already on my Amazon wishlist! I’ll buy it even if I don’t win, mostly to make vegan frozen yogurt, because I obsess over dairy frozen yogurt which is sold everywhere but vegan fro yo is nowhere to be found! So I can make gallons of it at home and save money and animals! I just love ice cream or fro yo plain, so the only way I would change your recipe would be to leave out the vanilla to let the other natural flavors really shine through! But the sprinkles look awesome with the vanilla, so I think I’d have to try your original recipe too!

117. beccah says:

my fav ice cream flavors are ones that arent the usual or at least dont taste like sugar :/ the lemon poppyseed w coconut shavings and gummi bears is reallgy good {coldstone} 😀 im not that great at making non dairy ice creams b/c i dont have an ice cream maker {theyre expensive!! 😮 }

118. jessica w. says:

The basic recipe looks great,but I would also add mini peanut butter cups as well as hard shell chocolate too!

119. mrsluckypants says:

Wow what an exciting offer! Thank you so much! I would love to win the ice cream maker. We are a dairy free family and the store bought dairy free ice cream is very limited in flavor selection especially since we avoid soy as well and it’s very expensive as well. I love the idea of making our own chocolate chip mint ice cream, or even something as simple as plain vanilla or chocolate. It would also be fun to add in things like chocolate bars or chips, peanut butter, nuts, chai tea… so many possibilities! I have my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

120. Lizzy Z. says:

I would add frozen banana and mini peanut butter chips!

121. Rebecca says:

You could add ‘bites’ of some homemade no-bake cookies (or maybe cookie dough dips) to make your own cookie dough ice cream blizzard thing! Yum! Especially with all the yummy cookies you make :]

122. Breanne says:

I also follow you on facebook!

123. Becca S. says:

I would add diced apples, “apple spice,” and crushed Oreos. So delicious!

124. April says:

Hi! Love your recipe – I’d probably add some raw cacao, play around with the sweeteners (coconut sugar?), almonds and a Nutella swirl (even though that’s not incredibly healthy). How did you know I just wished for an ice cream maker? Oh, I already like you on FB and receive your emails :-)

125. Sarah M says:

I’ve made easy ice cream like that a lot before with sf pistachio pudding mix in it. mmm.

126. Holly says:

that ice cream maker is on my christmas list! I would make the ice cream a mint or coffee flavor and add oreos.. mmm..

127. Kelli says:

I was just telling my Husband how nice it would be to have our own Ice Cream Maker. We both have dairy allergie and other ones too. So have our own way to make ice cream would be GREAT!!!! We live in a town that has some dairy free frozen treats but because it a small town the prices are VERY VERY high to buy them.

We ever were taking about how we coudl make dif. kind of ice cream. We talked about “safe” Choc. Chip, Coffee, Mint, GF cookie dough, and we had so many ideas.

We would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be the win of this maker and it would make a great christmas, gift for us… as money is limited becuase of holidays and our up coming first baby coming soon!

128. karen says:

I suppose I would add a frozen banana to it and some chocolate chips!! Thanks for the recipe and the opportunity to win!

129. Maya says:

I would add cinnamon!

130. Kathy says:

I would probably add chocolate to my ice cream (everything is always better when covered in chocolate) and I wonder what it would taste like to add flavoring such as coconut or some other extract? Yum.

131. Jeanne says:

I would add pb and bananas!

132. Lori Z. says:

You could add so many things to that!! I think I would have to start with some cocoa and peanut butter. And since it is the season I might try it with some peppermint extract and crushed canes – my daughter loves Peppermint ice cream!

133. Kim says:

i would add peppermint extract, dark chocolate chips, and andes mint pieces! chocolate and mint is by far my favorite combo

134. I’m going mint chocolate chip all the way!

135. maija says:

peanut butter cups… they make everything better

136. ~Jessica~ says:

I have followed on Twitter and Tweeted the giveaway :)

137. jessica w. says:

I “Like” your page on Facebook.

138. melanie says:

i would add some peanut butter and dark chocolate!!

139. katie says:

I think i would like to add a little green tea in there. Im an icecream addict!! yum!

140. I would make the ice cream with some coffee extract and espresso chips!

141. Ashley says:

I would love to add some strawberry jam to the vanilla recipe…I can’t wait to try it! Thanks for the giveaway :)

142. I love eating ice cream in the winter too! I stand in front of my fireplace while eating it, and this always makes my husband laugh. :)

I would LOVE the ice cream maker! I think I would try out a brownie batter ice cream, or possibly cinnamon ice cream drizzled with honey (that’s one of my all time favorites).

143. I already like you on Facebook!

144. Ashley says:

I subscribe via email :)

145. I receive your recipes via email already :)

146. melanie says:

i like you on fb

147. Yifan says:

I was thinking of mixing in some cappuccino and chocolate chips, though stirring in hot cocoa and mint extract sounds pretty yummy as well…topped off with Soyatoo, preferably :)

148. ~Jessica~ says:

I follow on Twitter and have Tweeted the giveaway.

149. Kathy says:

I would probably add chocolate to the recipe as everything tastes better covered in chocolate.
    I would also like to try adding extracts to see what they might add. Such as coconut, or some other yummy nutty flavor like hazelnut.

150. Jen@newellnd says:

I would add cinnamon, sauteed apples and a little brown sugar to make “apple pie” ice cream.

151. sarah says:

I just LOVE plain vanilla, so I wouldn’t really want to customise. But I using fresh vanilla pods would make it perfect.

152. Jennyb says:

Being a huge dried fruit fan i’d probably soften/soak some dates to blend in & then halve some baby figs for a chunky texture.

Tesco Direct delivers to the US as well? Interesting to know. I do my weekly grocery shopping from Tescos here in the UK, probably the biggest supermarket over here in the UK. I

153. Joy says:

I’ve been enjoying your daily emails for the past week or two! And now I’m following you on Facebook yay!

154. ~Jessica~ says:

I already like you on FB :)

155. melanie says:

i subscribe to emails already :)

156. Ryan says:

it’s so hard to choose! My favorite ice creams are bubble gum, pistachio, pumpkin, peppermint, or something with caramel and nuts.

157. Jennyb says:

i already like you on facebook

158. Debbie says:

M–m-m-m good!!!! Fast and easy hits the mark with me. Cherry almond with chocolate for me

159. Debbie says:

160. Kate says:

I would customize with cinnamon and chocolate – I really like that combo for some reason.

161. Jennyb says:

I already subscribe by email

162. Jade C says:

Hmmm, I think that I would change the recipe by simply adding a few T of cocoa in place of a little sweetener and maybe roasting some roughly chopped almonds/hazelnuts in Agave and throwing them into the mix?? How does this sound??
    On a separate note..
    I’ve actually been craving ice cream lately, as well ((though it’s been pouring with twin for days here!! Still, what else is a girl to do, when “trapped” inside by the weather, and with nothing but almond, coconut and oat milks, and fun add-ins and flavours, just asking to be used??)) ;);) .
    I do plan to make this soon, so that I can show ol’ Haagen Daaz and Ben & Jerry’s who’s boss and steal Dad’s tastebuds back for good :):) !!
    As usual, keep up the awesomeness!!

163. 91% Chocolate Lover says:

I would use coconut milk, add coconut extract, and throw in some shredded coconut (and maybe cocoa powder).

164. Rebecca says:

Your could customize this by adding about 1tsp of coconut extract and 1/2 cup of frozen pineapple to make Pina Colada Ice Cream!

165. Maren says:

I love pistachio almond. Replace the vanilla extract with almond extract; add some pistachios and some green food coloring!

166. Peanut butter and chocolate chunks

167. 91% Chocolate Lover says:

I would use coconut milk, add coconut extract, and then put in some shredded coconut.

168. 91% Chocolate Lover says:

I am subscribed to email!

169. Jaclyn M says:

I would add mint and chocolate chips!! My favorite!!

170. Lori Z. says:

I already like you on facebook!

171. Rebecca says:

I already liked you on Facebook!

172. mrsluckypants says:

Wow what a great giveaway, thank you for offering this! We are a dairy free family and love the idea of making our own varieties of ice cream rather than the limited and expensive ones available at the store. I can forsee chocolate mint chip, candy bar, chocolate chip, peanuts, chocolate hazelnut butter, or maybe even chocolate chai tea ad ins to vanilla or chocolate ice cream. The possibilities are endless. I have my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

173. Rebecca says:

I already subscribe to your emails of course!

174. Amanda says:

I would keep it simple and add honey and a little cinnamon, and if I’m in the mood for crunch, add crushed up vanilla wafers! MMMMMmm. Mmmm.

175. Anu says:

I would add red velvet cake!

176. 91% Chocolate Lover says:

Coconut milk, coconut extract, and shredded coconut!

177. and I Facebook like you.

178. mrsluckypants says:

I already subscribe to your healthy e-mails. Please enter me again for the ice cream maker. Thanks

179. Steph says:

I’m in love with all your cake batter creations! The sprinkles are so colorful :) I would love to customize this ice cream by adding blue food coloring and marshmallow fluff to make marshmallow peep ice cream! I’m also tempted to add cookies and cookie dough to another batch. And of course, peanut butter and banana to a third!

180. 91% Chocolate Lover says:

Please disregard my comments, my computer was going slow and I thought it hadn’t posted my comments, so I kept on trying different ones. I don’t think I can delete them either. I feel bad…

181. birdi says:

Ooo…I don’t know how I’d customize the recipe. I might just make vanilla bc I like it and there are less ingredients to keep in a dorm room!

182. Lori Z. says:

I get your emails too!

183. Sophie says:

Wow! This is awesome!

My favorite flavor has ALWAYS been chocolate chip cookie dough!

But I haven’t had it since becoming gluten free 2 years ago….

This is the perfect opportunity though!

Thanks so much Katie! :)

184. Rebecca says:

I follow you and tweeted this on twitter!

185. Kristin Gideon says:

Mmm I would definitely add the cocoa powder to make it chocolate. Then I would add some peppermint extract and chocolate chips for mint chocolate chip. I’d also try adding in some eggless cookie dough. The possibilities are endless!

186. birdi says:

I might just keep the vanilla flavor! I like vanilla and I have a dorm room…fewer ingredients to keep in the dorm!

187. Kristin Gideon says:

I subscribed to your emails!

188. Steph says:

189. Keegan says:

I’d add blueberries and strawberries with some stevia!

190. Emily says:

I would add almonds and toffee. YUM!!

191. Kristin Gideon says:

I’m following you on twitter and retweeted the giveaway. @smurfy29

192. Ariel says:

I would put Oreos in it and make it like cookies and cream ice cream :) I follow you on Twitter and Facebook. I also get your emails.

193. Jessica says:

I have not had chocolate chip cookie dough anything in a long time, so I would definitely make up some of your cookie dough and mix it in to the ice cream.

194. Brie says:

I’d add in a scoop of peanut butter and chocolate chips, yum!

195. Kristin Gideon says:

I like you on facebook!

196. birdi says:

I subscribe to your email recipes!

197. Ellen says:

I subscribed to the email!

198. Emily says:

I liked you on FB

199. Anna says:

mmm…i’d add some dried apple pieces, graham cracker chunks, and cinnamon to make an apple pie ice cream!

200. Emily says:

201. Brie says:

202. Natasha says:

I would add some fresh berries and or a banana to it – maybe a couple of chocolate chips as well :)

203. Denise B says:

I’d like to try it with coconut stirred in.

204. Anna says:

i’d like to try adding dried apple pieces, graham cracker chunks, and cinnamon to make an apple pie ice cream!

205. Shelly says:

I’d probably add some chocolate chips!

206. Addition: cinnamon chocolate chips. all that’s needed:)

207. deanna says:

oh gosh. where to start? my kids love mangos so i’d probably throw those in there and make a healthy treat for them!

208. Jennyb says:

I tweeted i’m @jennygymbunny & i already follow

209. Kate says:

I would add chocolate chips, banana, and graham cracker crumbs!

210. Brie says:

I’m a fan on Facebook now :)

211. Brie says:

I would add peanut butter and chocolate chips

212. Ana says:

I would make vegan chocolate chip mint ice cream with real mint :) yummmmm

213. Brie says:

I’m following via e-mail now!

214. Alexa says:

I get your emails :)

215. Jessica says:

I subscribe to your e-mail.

216. Pricilla says:

I would add cocoa powder, nuts and coconut flakes! My take on rocky road ice cream….one of the best!

217. Alexa says:

I also follow you and retweeted

218. Kara says:

I started following you on Twitter!

219. Megan says:

My favorite for fall is to add pumpkin and cinnamon! I freeze the pumpkin in ice cube trays and store it in freezer bags for those unavoidable cravings! Yum!

220. Emily says:

If I had an ice-cream maker and could make this? I would definitely add frozen berries and nuts! When I was younger, my dad and I used to always get “baseball-chip” ice cream from Baskin Robbins when it was in season and it had berries and nuts. So delicious! But, I haven’t been able to have any since switching to a vegan diet. :)

221. Pricilla says:

I already receive your recipes by email

222. Kara says:

I follow you on Twitter!

223. April says:

Hi, I love your recipe. I would probably add some cacao powder, almonds and maybe a Nutella swirl (even though that doesn’t qualify as healthy). I’ve been wanting to make my own ice cream lately :-)

224. Steph says:

225. Brenda says:

I would add crushed up candy canes for the season.

226. Pricilla says:

I also “liked” you on FB!

227. I would add pb, banana, caramel, coconut, and dark chocolate chips!

228. Steph says:

And liked your Facebook page!

229. Brenda says:

I would add crushed up candy canes since it’s the Christmas season.

230. I follow you on twitter + RTweeted

231. LouiseinNI says:

Some seasonal flavours for Christmas would be fun to try – mince pie flavour with some spiced fruit or cinnamon and apple etc. *yummm!*

232. Becca S. says:

I would add diced apple, “apple spice,” and crushed Oreos. Delicious!

233. Brenda says:

I like you on FB.

234. Heather says:

I subscribed to your recipes!! So many options with this!

235. Miss V. says:

I want this machine!!! And I will «like» your page on Facebook! Your blog is very great! 😀

236. Heather says:

Liked on facebook!!

237. Anna says:

I would add blueberries, cinnamon, and top it with almonds!

238. su says:

i would add coconut extract and coconut

239. I would add a touch of peppermint extract and a lot of chocolate chips because mint chocolate chip is my favorite ice cream flavor (the white kind – i hate color dye)

240. Q says:

Mmm, finally will give me a reason to The Perfect Scoop.
    I don’t even know what I’d throw in, probably the entire cupboard in turn.

241. I would love to try some raw vegan ones using cashew milk or almond milk bases. Oooh and coconut milk too!

242. Catie says:

If equipped with an ice cream maker, I’d foray into the science, and art, of ice cream making by audaciously experimenting with my own novel creations, such as:

Cinnamon Roll — I’d mix a hint of my homemade caramel sauce, cinnamon, vegan butter, stevia, and a smidge of molasses into the batter.
    Oatmeal Raisin Cookie — A combination of rolled oats, coconut oil, raisins, and a splash of each vanilla and cinnamon. (And maybe vegan chocolate chips!)
    Red Velvet — I would whip up your red velvet pancake mix and either throw it into the mixer or crumple it on top along with a waterfall of vegan chocolate syrup!

And I am a fan on Facebook! :)

243. sarah says:

Hi Katie! I would try frozen bananas or some pb2…maybe both :)

244. dark chocolate/peanut butter chips, peanut butter or caramel!

245. Abby says:

Ugh I would make some sort of delicious cookie ice cream ♥

246. Emily says:

I would add homemade strawberry jam or real maple syrup! mmm…

247. sarah says:

I would try frozen bananas or some pb2…maybe both :)

248. Mary Kate says:

This ice cream maker giveaway is amazing! If I were to customize the recipe I would make a peppermint mocha flavor using a holiday mocha special version of Kahlua that my mom found while out shopping (its a peppermint mocha flavor) and add some candy cane bits on the top to make it extra fancy!

249. Danielle says:

I subscribe to your emails! :)

250. S.S. Burdette says:

I would add graham cracker, dark chocolate chips and pecans ! Delicious

251. Leanne W says:

I’d like to add spices to make a Chai-flavoured kind, I think that’d be awesome – or pumpkin flavour!

252. alisa joy says:

oh, i’d add coco powder and cocao nibs. with the coconut milk…absolutely! or maybe i’d add some ginger and vanilla bean… oh the possibilities!

253. Jill Bos says:

I liked you on facebook!

254. Mary Kate says:

This ice cream maker giveaway is amazing! If I were to alter the recipe I would add some of Kahlua’s holiday peppermint mocha flavor drink (my mom discovered this while out shopping) and some crushed up candy cane bits for fun!

255. Danielle says:

I’d add some fresh cherry chunks to this recipe.

256. alisa joy says:

i follow you on facebook!

257. Danielle says:

I follow you on twitter (@GleekDani).

258. Danielle says:

And I liked you on Facebook!

259. alisa joy says:

i subscribe via email!

260. Lindsey says:

It sounds weird, but a little frozen banana, some pb, and some mint fudge chips. So weird, so good.

I also followed your emails and already like your fb page! ENTER me for a fun ice cream maker! I could never afford it on my own :(

261. Anonymous says:

I would add graham cracker and dark chocolate chips!

262. Holly McAllister says:

Hi Katie – I already receive your emails, follow you on Pinterest, check your blog everyday (and repost my favorites with credit to you to Pinterest! I also Liked your Facebook page awhile ago. (I’m a big fan and think you’re very talented.)

Here is how I would customize your basic recipe – it won’t be 4 ingredients anymore ; )

2 cups Blue Diamond Almond Milk
    1/4 cup agave, maple syrup, or other sweetener
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 tsp pure almond extract
    1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts (chopped)
    1/2 cup white yogurt chips

263. Amie says:

I love your blog. I am so glad that you do e-mail updates too since I am kind of absent minded. I love to see them in my inbox when I get home from work. My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip, so I guess that means I would add some mint extract and chocolate chips. I hate it when they make it green, what is that? Why can’t it be white. I would love to win the ice cream maker. I have one, but it is from about 10 years ago and some of the plastic pieces have broken off making it difficult to use. Thanks and please keep posting.

264. Sarah says:

I would have to customize your recipe by adding something chunky like nuts, marshmallows, and/or chocolate chunks.

265. Corinna says:

I would definitely add sprinkles! Or I would try adding peanut butter.

266. Angela says:

I follow you on Facebook and I liked you on Facebook = )

267. Amie says:

I follow you on Facebook, but don’t have a twitter account

268. melody says:

cinnamon banana bliss ice cream! it’s delicious!!

269. Rebecca says:

I follow you on Twitter and tweeted the post!

270. Monique says:

hmmm, apple pie probably. With applesauce, cinnamon and maple syrup :)

271. Katie, Ohmygoodnessgracious. A ice cream maker giveaway??!! I seriously have been dyyyyying to buy one this past year. I want one soo badly! Thanks for the giveaway.

I would make a chocolate-chip cookie dough ice cream. I remember my sister and I sitting at an old-fashioned diner as kids and ordering this all the time. Maybe throw in a few fudge babies and it will work?

272. Ashley says:

I subscribe!

273. Hawai'i Leah says:

i think to customize this recipe, i would try making it a Java chip by throwing in a tiny bit of strong brewed espresso and coffee grounds (some added crunch) and then mixing in cocoa nibs :)

274. Angela says:

I would love to make this ice cream and swirl in vegan cream cheese icing, fresh strawberries, and vegan graham cracker crust crumbs!!!! Yumm!!! = )

275. Meg says:

I’m going to chocla-fy this! <– Is that a word? chocolate ice cream <3

276. Ben says:

If I had the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker I would use your ice cream recipe and to put my spin on it I would heat up some peanut butter just enough to get the viscosity just right and I would drizzle it along with some marshmallow sauce into it as its mixing to get a nice peanut butter/marshmallow swirl ice cream

277. melody says:

cinnamon banana bliss ice cream! it’s DELICIOUS

278. Ashley says:

I already like you on FB :)

279. I would definitely add some mini chocolate chips and mint extract into this for a mint chocolate chip ice cream. That would make me AND my hubby very happy. Now we just need an ice cream maker!! 😉

280. Bree ltc says:

Oh yeah! Chocolate and ginger. That would do it for sure. But I’d try the original recipe first. Probably darn near perfect as is. Then to experiment…

281. Erica says:

my favorite flavor definitely is a tie between banana chocolate chip and chocolate peanut butter- both from the farm at the University of Connecticut..they are both to die for!

282. Subscribed to you via email 😀 😀 😀

283. Kelly Lyons says:

Peanut butter chips, chocolate syrup, or crushed peppermints..

284. sarah b. says:

i would add frozen cherries and chocolate!

285. Hannie says:

Oops! Forgot to comment that I’ve liked your FB page!

286. Emily says:

I’d love to try a chunky monkey variation – what’s better than the combo of nuts, banana, and chocolate? Nommm.

287. Laura says:

I think I would swirl in some salted caramel and chocolate chips!

288. Jenn says:

I would definitely use the coconut milk and add shredded coconut! Coconut makes it better :)

289. Dana says:

I would add crushed up oreos and candy canes!

290. Emily says:

I already like you on FB!

291. Jenna W. says:

I’d add green tea! I love green tea ice cream! It’s so delicious :)

292. Hannie says:

Followed on twitter as well :)

293. Jana VanDenBerghe says:

My all time favorite is chocolate with big chunks of toasted almonds. One of my children have a Cuisinart ice cream maker and I would love one also. Thanks!

294. Kathleen Martinez says:

I want this…but it is too darn cold by me.

295. Asher says:

Chocolate! Or some pecans or caramel. Or all of them!

296. Emily says:

I’m also already subscribed by email :)

297. Leah Newmark says:

I would add PB2 powdered peanut butter. It comes in regular and chocolate. Just add 1-2 Tbsp dry powder. It helps to make it creamy. Which helps if you don’t have a fancy blender. plus 1 serving is only 45 cals as opposed to regular pb which is 200.

298. Jenna W. says:

I also receive your emails :)

299. Carissa says:

I would definitely add some peanut butter and chocolate.
    or do like a Pumpkin Caramel ice cream that would be delicious!

300. Ilene says:

Maybe I’d add some cinnamon chips to your ice cream

301. I’m subscribed to your fabulous emails 😀

302. I would add peanut butter! YUMMMMO

303. Q says:

Liked you on Facebook c:

304. Jennifer S. says:

Ooooh, well, I would have to add something naughty, like cookie dough…lol. 😀

305. Jill Bos says:

I liked you on facebook.

306. Dawn says:

I would make home-made sprinkles! Basically you take any icing recipe, put more confectioner’s sugar in to make it thicker and pipe it out on wax paper into thin strips. Let it dry for 24 hours, and chop it up. Viola, you have sprinkles!

I think I want to do a PB version by combining PB with confectioner’s sugar and piping it out, drying, a chopping it up. I haven’t tried it yet but I will if I can make ice cream to put it on~

(I already get your recipes as emails, follow you on twitter [my name on there is @Jormungandr89] and tweeted it, and have liked your facebook page already)

307. Laura says:

I would customize by swirling in salted caramel and chocolate chips!

308. Colleen says:

I would add some instant coffee, almonds, and chocolate chips! I used to work at Friendly’s, and my favorite flavor to sneak was the mocha almond fudge.

309. Jill Bos says:

I subscribed to your email!

310. Emily says:

weird, i know but i’m currently obsessed with….tahini!
    and i certainly tried using yr freeze ice cubes and then blitzing them to make milk ice. yums.
    an ice cream maker would be awesome!

311. Devon Grace says:

I’d add almonds and dark chocolate chips!

312. Emily says:

weird, i know but i’m currently obsessed with….tahini! sso i have already done so! that, is use that as a base (or any nut butter). i also like thickeners like the gums.
    another addition. i LOVE kabocha squash. yum, yum, yum. or how about creamed coconut? heh

an ice cream maker would be awesome!

313. Cassidy Wooldridge says:

I would add vanilla bean specks from a real Madagascar Bourbon vanilla bean that I bought at Trader Joe’s. In addition, I would add frozen banana slices and fresh raspberries to make it an extra indulgent treat.

By the way, I follow you on Facebook!

314. Linda says:

I’d add almond butter to your yummy ice cream recipe! I like you on face book and get your emails :-)

315. Emily says:

i already get u on email 😀

316. Fiona W says:

I’d make vanilla, but add in some choco chips and cookie dough!!! My favorite!

317. Jill Bos says:

I think that blueberries would be a great addition to your ice cream!

318. Dawn says:

I guess I need to put a different post for each entry.
    I got your emails…

319. Laura says:

whoops – I accidentally submitted my last comment twice, but I follow you on FB and twitter so one of those comments can count towards FB and this comment can count towards twitter. phew!

320. alissa says:

hmmm.. I’d probably dry vanilla pudding..??

321. Dawn says:

I also tweeted and am following you on twitter

322. Dawn says:

And I had been following you on facebook for a while now

323. Chris says:

Chocolate chip! I love those lil’ mini chocolate chips and they would make a wonderful ice cream!

324. Brittney Shawver says:

I think adding berries as a flavor would be so yummy!!

325. I already like you on facebook :)

326. Brittney Shawver says:

I liked you on facebook

327. I would ( & have!) add some instant coffee dissolved with a little hot water, cool & mix in. SUPER YUMMY :) at first i just brewed some regular coffee as strong as possible, but the flavour didn’t come out as strong as i liked.

328. Brittney Shawver says:

I recieve your reciped by email

329. helen says:

I used to work part time at an ice cream store
    and always wanted to make some!
    I would probably add coffee, heath bar, and almonds!
    or even green tea!

330. Definitely vanilla rice milk and chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough. 😀

331. Angela says:

I don’t have an icecream maker right now but I make a lot of fruit sorbet with frozen fruit, almond milk that I make myself and a little agave and vanilla. I’d like to try your recipe with some frozen peaches to see how that would work with an ice cream maker. The fruit sorbets I make are good but not as creamy as ice cream. Need to work that out so they are more like ‘dairy’. Love your blog, thanks!

332. cindy says:

i would add some pieces of your raw fudge babies and some cacao powder 😀
    i liked you on facebook and i get your recipes via email :)

333. and……retweeted :) I actually have a # of friends following me on twitter who recently have become vegan & were amazed by your recipes, they had no clue how many yummy things you can make as a vegan!! & offcourse they share some with me soooo thanx :)

334. Dawn says:

Hmn, it seems like whenever you have a contest the site slows down… I’m not sure my entries went through…

335. Becky Przy says:

Maybe a splash of soy nog for the holiday’s! Otherwise crumble my favorite cookies and swirl in some chocolate!

336. helen says:

I receive your recipes by email!

337. April says:

I’d add some coffee. Or peanut butter. Or cookie dough. But I’d definitely need an ice-cream maker! :)

338. Erin says:

I would use PB2 and Splenda to make a super sweet peanut butter ice cream!

339. April says:

I’m on your email list!

340. Claire says:

My favorite way to eat your ice cream is with a little mint and crushed up oreos. YUM! I am drooling thinking about it right now…

341. I think I’d put some peppermint bark (vegan!) in the blender….. and some cocoa powder :)

342. helen says:

i follow you on fb!

343. Jessica says:

I think I would add some peanut butter or just some strawberries to make it more my own!

344. Tiffany says:

I would add dark chocolate chips and some cookie crumbles (gluten free of course!)!!! YUMMM!!!

345. April says:

I like you on Facebook!

346. Sarah says:

Mmm.. I’ve always been a plain chocolate girl, but there’s something about swirled peanut butter in vanilla ice cream that I love. Not peanut butter mixed in to ice cream but swirled so there’s pockets of peanut butter. Yum, yum.. wish I had some now!

347. Tiffany says:

I also get your daily emails and follow you on facebook!

348. Jillian says:

I would probably make a double chocolate version by adding Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder and even more chocolate chips! 😀

349. esther says:

chocolate! i would add cocoa powder and chocolate chips :) cant get too much of chocolate

350. I like all kinds of ice cream! My favorite would probably be Ben and Jerry’s half baked. It’s all natural so that makes it “healthy”, right? 😉

351. Katie says:

I would add cacao nibs, marshmallows and crushed up graham crackers for a s’mores flavor! Fantastic giveaway:)

352. Jillian says:

I am following you on Twitter, and tweeted about the giveaway! :)

353. Jasmine says:

I would definitely love this with a little mango puree mixed in! mango and with some pineapple juice instead of some of the coconut milk….. mmmm. must… make…. ice cream. it is too bad that i don’t have time this week because of finals! what a shame.

354. Jillian says:

I get your healthy recipes as emails! :)

355. helen says:

i follow you on twitter and tweeted too!

356. Laurie says:

I would add maraschino cherries and crushed cinnamon candies!

357. Delta says:

Chocolate chip! Absolutely!

358. Marissa says:

I’d mix in PB2 and chocolate chips :)

359. Jessica Eagle says:

Hummm…I would add some cocoa and maybe maca and/or mesquite powder. I would be really excited to win that ice cream maker. I always wanted to have one :)))

360. Jillian says:

I like your facebook page! :)

361. Delta says:

I already get your emails and love every one of them :)

362. Jessica Eagle says:

I like your page facebook.

363. Jasmine says:

one of my favorite things is being surprised by a chocolatey email in my inbox… because i subscribe to your emails. lucky me!

364. Tricia says:

I would love to win an icecream maker! 😀 I also loved that post you did earlier about the farm sanctuary. When I get a job– which will hopefully be soon– I’ll definately donate to them :)

365. Katie says:

Just signed up for your emails!

366. Jasmine says:

did I just like a chocolate covered facebook? why yes, yes i did.

367. Jessica Eagle says:

I follow you on twitter

368. Delta says:

I don’t like your facebook page, I LOVE it!

369. Karina says:

i would add dark coco powder….and peanut butter…mmm. I’ve never had an ice cream maker before….i can just see the possibilities now…

370. Jessica Eagle says:

I’m already subscribed to receive your recipes through emails.

371. Tiffany says:

If I had an icecream maker I’d add in a bit of juice from a lemon and blueberries! Yum!

1. tiffany says:

Sorry, I didn’t mean to post twice. I didn’t think it worked the first time.

372. Rachel says:

Gosh, I desperately need an ice cream maker…all this coconut milk in my cupboard and it’s so neglected!

373. d'Auria says:

I’d customize this ice cream by adding chopped organic dried cherries and espresso grounds! I LOVE coffee/fruit flavor combo.

374. Tiffany says:

If I had a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker I would add a bit of real lemon juice and blueberries! YUM!

375. Rachel says:

I like your page on FB :)

376. Kati says:

I would replace vanilla with peppermint extract :) then maybe add chocolate chips too

377. d'Auria says:

i liked you on Facebook

378. d'Auria says:

i’m following you on twitter now :)

379. Melinda says:

I like a banana ice cream I make with bananas through the Champion juicer (soft serve style) then raw chocolate sauce and fresh cherries from the market. It’s like Cherry Garcia but I call it Cherry “Rawcia”. :) Chocolate chip mint is always my default ice cream too…although Moosetracks is also incredible!

380. d'Auria says:

i signed up to receive your emails!

381. Msnels says:

I’d add Nutella! And sprinkles of course.

382. Amanda says:

“liked” you on facebook! :)

383. I would LOOVEE to make chocolate frozen yogurt! With some coconut! MMMmmm(:

384. Amanda says:

I would add a bit of vanilla bean, along with chocolate and peanut butter. Yum!

385. Lisa Allen says:

I would customizenyour basic recipe by making a batch of your chocolate chop cookiendough dip, form it into little balls and stir it in to the ice cream. Or maybe I’d make your peanut butter cookies and crumble them in to it right before I eat it. Or maybe I’d make your deep dish cinnamon roll swirl and make ice cream sandwiches with it. Probably, I’ll end up making all of those and more!

386. Jessica says:

I would add frozen strawberries and blueberries!

387. Kim says:

I’m a huge fan of peanut butter and chocolate. I would add a few scoops of crunchy peanut butter and some chocolate chips, and of course some chocolate syrup on top.

388. Jessica says:

I’m an email subscriber!

389. Jessica says:

I am now a FB fan :)

390. Jessica says:

I am now a FB fan :) Thanks for your amazing recipes!

391. Kim says:

And I subscribe to your emails!

392. Jialin Zhang says:

I would add some peppermint goodness :3 tis the season after all!

393. Kim says:

And I just retweeted and followed!

394. Jialin Zhang says:

I like you on facebook! (:

395. Rachel says:

I’d add cocoa powder, toasted almonds and chocolate covered espresso beans. Crunchy, chocolatey mocha goodness.

396. veggiemom says:

I would add in oreos.

397. Kim says:

I like you on facebook!

398. veggiemom says:

I like you on facebook with a different name.

399. Is it wrong that I want to add a splash or two of bourbon? :)

400. and I follow you on twitter and retweeted this 😉

401. Lisa L says:

i would love some lemon-y flavored ice cream. oooooh! or minty chip!

402. Lisa L says:

i like you on fb

403. Loretta says:

I’d add chocolate chip cookie dough chunks

404. sarah s says:

peppermint extract, cocoa powder, and crushed candy canes! or peanut butter and banana slices!

405. Lisa L says:

now follow you via email too!

406. Sondra says:

I wish I had an ice cream maker! It gets so tiring using the old plastic bags inside a gallon bucket full of ice method… last batch the bucket opened just before the ice cream was done… water EVERYWHERE! Anyways, my customization would be to add a 1:2 mixture of carob:pb2 powder (I love that stuff, so versatile, and carob, though its only chocolates hippie cousin, tastes wonderful with peanut butter) to the milk as a base flavor. Than I’d add some homemade dark chocolate chips (using your artisana recipe, with hershey’s special dark). For the final touch, a melted banana swirl..

Now I’m drooling….yum.

407. Mm, this sounds so good! As a lactose-intolerant gal, I would definitely use vanilla unsweetened almond milk in this recipe. I bet the foamy-ness it adds is great! I would also definitely have to incorporate peanut butter into it (what’s ice cream without peanut butter :P)

408. and I followed you on Twitter

409. Cyndeehule says:

So excited for this! Have wanted one for a long time!! I would totally add dried fruit to it, like Cherries, and also chocolate chips!! oh so yum!!

410. Lily says:

Gosh, I’m not very creative when it comes to ice cream. I’m pretty easily pleased. But I MIGHT add some caramel, chocolate chips and/or peanut butter. Maybe.

411. Cyndeehule says:

Ps: I already follow you on facebook, and have been getting the emails for a while! thanks

412. Lily says:

I subscribe to your blog via emails.

413. Lily says:

I follow you on Twitter

414. hannah says:

mmmmm…..with some pumpkin, a little maple syrup, and some pumpkin pie spice!

415. Lily says:

I “like” you on Facebook

416. Kay says:

i would add in peppermint extract and chocolate chips. peppermint chocolate ice cream sounds tasty to me. :)

417. Kathryn says:

looks delicious! Id add chocolate and peanut butter!!!!!

418. Maria says:

mmm lets customize with some special dark cocoa powder, peppermint extract :)

419. Kay says:

Also I’m subscribed to your emails.

420. Cori says:

I would add chocolate chips, coconut and caramel. Yum

421. Debbie says:

My mum used to make an amazing Kulfi – an Indian ice-cream flavoured with cardamom and pistachio. It is rich but not over-sweet with a really delicate mixture of flavours – delicious!

It is usually made with condensed milk but using coconut milk in your recipe would give just the right amount of richness I think.

422. Chris says:

I would add peanut butter, chocolate chips, and fudge.

423. Chris says:

I already get your recipes by email.

424. Vanessa Nguyen says:

If I got the ice cream maker, I would add loads of caramel into it, and maybe bits of cookie dough, blondie batter, or maybe even cinnamon bun batter. And if I could, I’d maybe add some cinnamon roll streusel, or something with almonds. These are just the ones I can think off the top of my head, but if you give that ice cream maker, I’m sure i can come up with more combinations. 😉

425. Julie says:

Wow this post has almost 1000 responces. Congrads!! But i love to add honey and wheat germ to my ice cream. And sometimes when I want to splurge i add herseys hot fudge sauce to it..YUmm and so chocolate covered.

By the way I love love love your blog!!!

426. Wendi says:

I get your recipes via email

427. Staci Taylor says:

Ahhh, what a great giveaway, thanks for the opportunity! Ok, I would be all over this with a chocolate peanut butter flavor (perhaps I could just add some cocoa powder and a T or two of PB?) Yum!

428. I’d make it tropical by adding unsweetened chopped fine coconut flakes and fresh pineapple or mango or both.

429. Wendi says:

I like you on facebook!

430. Wendi says:

I’m partial to cookie dough, so I would have to add some cookie dough to this recipe for sure!!

431. Staci Taylor says:

You’re going to be sick of me since I’m going to leave 4 entries for subbing to your emails, following your tweets and liking you on FB :-) I’d also like to try making this with a mint chocolate flavor.

432. Staci Taylor says:

Coffee flavored would be good, especially since I can’t get through my day without coffee. Perhaps I could substitute ice cream for my morning cup of joe? :-)

433. Staci Taylor says:

Lastly, I’d love to make a pumpkin flavor – i’m all over pumpkin these days!

434. Megan says:

I would add coffee and lots of vanilla!

435. Laura says:

Like on facebook.

436. Laura says:

437. Ariel says:

I would make a cookies and cream ice cream with Oreos :) I follow you on Twitter and Facebook. I also get your emails.

438. Laura says:

Let’s see, I would make apple pie ice cream: swirls of cinnamon and warm baked apple pieces mixed in. Yummm.

439. Teresa says:

I would make this ice cream with coconut milk, lucuma powder to sweetened flavor, and some espresso, because I love coffee ice cream!

440. Theresa says:

I would make peppermint dark chocolate ice cream!! yummm

441. Mary Kate says:

This ice cream maker giveaway is amazing! and if I were to customize this recipe i would make a peppermint mocha flavor: some holiday peppermint mocha Kahlua with some crushed candy cane pieces and peppermint extract… yum!

442. Teresa says:

I would make this recipe with coconut milk, lucuma as sweetener, and some espresson, because I LOVE coffee ice cream.

443. Katy says:

I would add cinnamon and some walnuts, or maybe brownie bits, but really any ice cream is good ice cream as far as I’m concerned :-)

444. Katy says:

I follow you on facebook too!

445. Mary Kate says:

This ice cream maker giveaway is awesome! and if I were to customize this recipe I would add some holiday peppermint mocha kahlua, crushed up candy cane bits, and peppermint extract… yum! and don’t forget the vegan whipped cream on top!

446. Katy says:

And I get your emails!

447. Teresa says:

I already like you on FB

448. Erin says:

I would love an ice cream maker! :) I think I would make mocha ice cream by adding espresso and cocoa or use coconut milk and add cocoa. Yum!

449. Kimberly C says:

I customize dessert recipes by adding/subbing fruit for the caramel, chocolate, etc part of the dish.

450. Michele says:

I would love to make gingerbread ice cream! Or I would LOVE to make vegan chocolate ice cream at home for my mom because she can’t have sugar. Mmm or pomegranate ice cream! Or how about something crazy like kabocha ice cream?

451. TracyP says:

I love Pralines and Pecan ice cream so I would add caramel sauce and toasted pecans to the basic recipe. MMMM!

452. Elise says:

I would add peanut butter and cacao :) or coconut… or raspberries… all of the above!! I would have so much fun with an ice cream maker and always dream about all the flavor variations I would play with!! What a great giveaway :) thanks!

453. Karena says:

I really love fruit in my ice cream – my favorite would be peaches or strawberries. Sounds yummy!

454. Erin says:

I subscribe to your emails. :)

455. Teresa says:

I already subscribe to you’re emails :)

456. Elise says:

I subscribe to your emails :)

457. Erin says:

I’m a fan on facebook!

458. Elise says:

And I follow you on twitter because you’re great!

459. sarah says:

I liked you on facebook!

460. Lola says:

I would customize this recipe by adding some strawberries and carob chips into it!

461. sarah says:

I subscribed to get your recipes.

462. Jessica says:

I would use pumpkin with pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough and i would use full fat coconut milk!

463. Tara says:

I would customize it by making graham cracker ice cream with graham cracker pieces and crumbs mixed in!!

464. Emily says:

Im gonna add frozen chunks of the cookie dough dip…ohh sounds soooo good. 😀

465. Candice Storm says:

Add a little bit of chocolate, yummy!

466. Lola says:

Liked you on Facebook!

467. sarah says:

I’ve been on a peppermint kick lately so I would add peppermint extract and/or crushed up candy canes.

468. Tara says:

I am a fan of your facebook page!!

469. Lola says:

I follow you on Twitter, and I tweeted it!

470. Brandie says:

Oh MAN…. honestly? Banana chunks, chocolate chips and peanut butter. OH MAN. Heavenly. :)

471. Erin says:

Sounds delish! I would add chocolate chips or maybe some strawberries!

472. Brandie says:

And I already subscribe to your recipe emails!

473. Erin says:

I follow you on FB!

474. Tori says:

1) Add speculoos or biscoff spread to the mix. Crush some speculoos or biscoff cookies for a topping, too!

2) Add some PB2 (either chocolate flavor or regular peanut butter flavor) to the mix, and then throw in some roasted peanuts, almonds, or pecans. Maybe all three along with some ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips 😀

475. Erin H. says:

My husband is the biggest fan of all things mint, so I would add some crushed candy canes, some peppermint patties, and some shaved chocolate! YUM! Oh, and a little caramel on top couldn’t hurt either, right?

476. Brandie says:

And I already like you on FB too :)

477. Erin says:

I get your recipes by email!

478. I would crush up some gingerbread cookies and make gingerbread icecream!!

479. Tori says:

I get your recipes by email, too :)

480. Candice Storm says:

I subscribe via facebook

481. Brandie says:

I already follow you on Twitter, but I tweeted this too :) (Though I actually am not sure anyone follows ME on Twitter! Lol) :)

482. Lauren G. says:

This looks SO yummy!!!! I can’t wait to make some!

483. Ann says:

I would love this with chocolate and pieces of cookie dough!

484. Merritt says:

My favorite homemade ice cream right now uses So Delicious Coconut Milk Nog in place of the milk for the ice cream base! So festive for the holidays! =)