Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Dear Chocolate-Covered Diary…

Chocolate-Covered Everything!

Did you know today is National “Chocolate-Covered Everything” Day?

Saluting all things chocolate-covered…

chocolate-covered 1

Homemade Luna Bars

The best part of these homemade Luna Bars is their crazy-delicious chocolate coating. Feel free to add mini chocolate chips to the bars if you wish. There’s no such thing as too much chocolate.

chocolate-covered 6

32C Chocolate Cups

Really, you can fill them with anything—peanut butter, almond butter, banana… The important part is that they’re covered in chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

chocolate-covered 5

Brownie Batter Dip

This recipe, itself, isn’t covered in chocolate. But by dipping foods (or your fingers!) into the decadent chocolate dip, you can cover everything else in chocolate!

chocolate-covered 2

Chocolate-Covered Cupcakes

They may look like those famous cupcakes sold at grocery stores. However, these are much healthier—with an incredible chocolate glaze. Emphasis on incredible.

Chocolate-Pumpkin Cookies

Sweet pumpkin filling, covered in chocolate. I think “covered in chocolate” might just be my favorite phrase in the whole-wide, chocolate-covered world.

Ice Cream Bon Bons

A healthy alternative to the ice cream bon bons sold in stores. That’s not really ice cream in the centers… but it is really chocolate on the outside. Accept no substitutions.

chocolate-covered 4

Brownie Batter Pancakes

If there were such a thing as “chocolate overload” this photo might be it. Luckily, I don’t think chocolate overload exists. So no worries.

chocolate-covered 3

Chocolate-Covered Thanks:

Early today, my page hit 10,000 facebook fans!

Ironic it was on National Chocolate-Covered Day? I wonder if it happened at midnight…

How are you celebrating today??

1. Oh heavens will I celebrate at every single chance I get!!! :) Mmmm- Mmmm- perfect way to celebrate a Friday!

2. Congrats on 10k fans!

Chocolate covered celebration today will include some chocolate frosted bars I made and some fudge. It’s not chocolate covered, it IS chocolate :)

Enjoy your weekend and this day!

3. Wow Katie, Congrats! That’s amazing. And Happy Chocolate Covered Day. I actually made fudge last night, yum. Love your recipes! Have a great Friday!

4. Celebration for sure! Hahah I love the last pic :)

5. I will celebrate national chocolate day for sure, I already started by making your brownie batter pancakes they were delicious as always, Thanks!! :)

6. Anonymous says:

Hooray! That is awesome (that is is National Chocolate Covered Day AND that you hit 10,000 fans!) I need to find a way to get some chocolate into my day. I might just eat some of an Endangered Species bar! I am actually celebrating a second Thanksgiving tonight! Weird, I know. My best friend’s mom was in the hospital over Thanksgiving and it is her favorite holiday meal, so we are surprising her today! I am about to bake another vegan pumpkin pie…maybe I will mix in some chocolate chips in my piece…

7. Rachel says:

As a new vegan and someone who LOVES to bake I just wanted to say thank you so much for blogging for all of us. I love your recipes and all your Friends references : ) Congrats on hitting 10,000 fans!

8. Wow that is a lot of fans! I think I have 5 likes at the moment haha! :)
    What a perfect day for it to happen on too!

1. Leave me a link. I’d love to “like” your page!! :)

9. hey well done on your fan count!! I noticed it was getting very close a couple days ago so wondered when it would hit…. as you say the timing couldn’t have been more perfect 😉

10. Lyza says:

Congratulations DARLING YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!! That is wonderful!!!!!!!

And ironic because yesterday I bought myself more chocolate than ever–two endangered species bars (the black panther one and the mint one…I think it has a butterfly on it?), a bag of vegan mini chocolate chips by enjoy life, gluten free betty crocker chocolate chip cookie mix which is actually vegan, and chocolate soy nut butter!!! How appropriate, it’s like I sensed this day was coming!!! 😛

11. Well I eat chocolate just about every day so I’ll really have to amp it up…I did wake up with an odd idea for dark chocolate covered jalapenos…

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

DO IT!!!!!

12. Yum, I think today calls for some healthy chocolate cake!

13. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

Happy National Chocolate Covered Day! BTW- can i get a raise? I think my drool reached its max :) ON a (slightly) more serious note i plan to try one of the recipes each day. Except for pumpkin as i dont quite fancy it after thanksgiving. Have a celebratory day!

14. Kit-Kat says:

we’re going swimming, and then going out to Starbucks for soy-hot chocolate :-)

15. Moni'sMeals says:

Congrats! How exciting!!

I will be celebrating with you today. I am offically holiday baking all this afternoon. :)

16. I will most definitely celebrate today most likely in the form of hot chocolate, and picking chocolates off our gingerbread house! hehe. congrats on the facebook fans!

17. This day was meant for you! 10,000 Facebook fans wow, that’s amazing! Congrats Katie :).

18. Amber K says:

Okay, I have to include more chocolate in my diet Yum! And wow, 10,000 Facebook fans? Congrats! Glad it happened on this holy day 😉

19. Congrats on reaching 10000! That is a huge accomplishment!!

20. I’ll take one of each please!
    Just kidding. But all that chocolate does look amazing! Great job reaching 10000 fans!

21. vogelstar says:

I didn’t even know it was a chocoholiday when I devoured a bowl of dark chocolate coconut milk ice cream. Ps, I’m gearing up to make your rice crispy treats for Christmas, very excited. I may add a drop of peppermint extract and some green and red sprinkles to make them festive

22. Justin says:

How do you like that Artisana coconut chocolate bliss? I bought that once (way too expensive) and ate almost the whole thing in one sitting!

1. I love that stuff too! But yeah, it’s expensive! I don’t really buy it anymore; I make my own:

23. Perfect day for a Chocoholic :) All of these things look very very tasty and made my mouth water just a smidge bit hehe

24. I’m planning on making more of your 32C Chocolate Cups, perhaps sprinkling some crushed candies on top. ^_^

Congratulations for having so many fans! You and your awesome blog totally deserve it! <3

25. Haha I feel like every day is some kind of random holiday!

26. DawnW says:

Congrats!! I think I’ll be making a couple of your cookie recipes this weekend,hopefully tonight (sugar and choc chip).My mouth is watering thinking about it…

27. By eating a ton of Buckeyes!! 😀

28. I saw that it was chocolate-covered day today!!! Fun fun! I’ll make some chocolate-covered something….but it will be with unsweetened chocolate, of course. Hmmm….what to make….

29. Alyssa says:

Congratulations!!!!!! And I LOVE the photo! :)
    I’d eat shoe leather if it was covered in chocolate.
    But today I think I’ll stick with dark chocolate-covered peanut butter cups from Trader Joe’s.

30. I have eaten M&M’s, a chocolate cupcake, and there is a brownie that will make a wonderful dessert later (oh, and hot chocolate)! Oh yes- it’s been a chocolate filled day!!!

31. tiffany says:

Hey katie!

yum looka so good! I want to make your Oatmeal-Raisin Cookie Larabars but I dont have quick oats on hand…I have traditional rolled oats. Do you think that would work instead?

Thanks! :)

1. Yes, definitely! The measurements might be a little different… maybe use a tiny bit less? But since you’re processing them anyway, it shouldn’t make a big difference :).

32. your blog never ceases to amaze me and my chocolate cravings… i want absolutely EVERYTHING on this page… everything i tell you… in my greedy little hands!

33. Congrats on 10 GRAND, my dear! You deserve every single one and soo much more. You are wonderful!

34. Albizia says:

Happy holiday! I celebrated with hot poppy cake with nicely melted chocolate icing. Uhmazing!

35. wow, congrats katie! I am joining ur celebration and will dedicate one of the delicious vegan truffles i bought recently to you 😉 chocolate covered everything sounds great, sometimes i wish i could cover myself in chocolate!

36. anon says:

i made your chocolate pumpkin cookies but they came out awful. i followed the recipe exactly but they were difficult to assemble and the taste and texture were horrible.

1. Amanda says:

Just a heads up, Katie! This person didn’t even really make your recipe. It’s a gomi troll!
      Go away troll! There’s no place for people like you on this website!

2. I think you must’ve accidentally mis-measured something, because if you follow the recipe exactly they won’t be difficult to assemble. I know the recipe isn’t faulty, because many others have made it with good results.

37. Ohmygosh it was chocolate covered day and I MISSED it??? I didn’t even eat any chocolate! Major disappointment of the century! Well maybe I’ll get over it by making chocolate covered gluten free pretzels today for Christmas. :)

38. Wahhh, I hate missing these cool days. Even though I have a cookbook with like very day’s national food holiday. Maybe I should pay more attention! Your recipes look good even the second time around 😉

39. LizAshlee says:

Wow, that’s crazy…congratulations!! :)

40. Amelia says:

Congrats on the followers…

LOVE the picture by the way, hahahaha.

41. Dawn says:

Oct 16th is chocolate covered insect day…

1. Dawn says:

Sorry, I meant to say Oct 14th

1. LOL darn, I missed that one.
        Will have to remember for next year. Or not 😉

42. Melissa says:

“I’d planned on posting a spice cake recipe today… but who wants to see spice cake on a day meant for chocolate?” Who wants a recipe??? are you kidding? Your recipes are the best!!!

1. Hopefully I’ll get that one posted today!

43. esmemerrie says:

so… I could potentially justify covering myself in chocolate? sweet!

44. Kathleen says: