Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

My Vegan Christmas

365 days until Christmas!

I might need every one of those days to put away all the decorations, food, and boxes from last Christmas. (By the way, it’s 365 days because next year is Leap year.)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, if you celebrate. Mine was busy, but really fun. On Saturday afternoon, my roommate and I met up with a bunch of friends to watch Love, Actually and eat Christmas cookies.

cookie-dough-babies

I brought lots of these: Cookie Dough Babies.

(I also made some chocolate pixies! I’ll try to get the pixie recipe up soon.) Later, Emily and I went home for dinner: Christmas Lasagna. Emily’s not a vegetarian, but she’s trying to cut back on the amount of meat she consumes (for her health, and because she’s an animal lover). So I was really excited when she suggested we make a vegan entrée.

vegan eggplant lasagna

It was delicious!

Another recipe I’ll try to publish soon. I know this is supposed to be a dessert blog, though… maybe you can throw a few chocolate chips in, and then the recipe can qualify? (No, not really. Please don’t!)

After dinner, I drove to my parents’ house so I could spend Christmas day with them (and with the puppies). My sister flew in, too. Holidays are the best.

1. Meki says:

We spent with my Grandmum in the province. She’s been in bed for almost a year now and in tears when we have to leave on Christmas afternoon. But I know she’s happy to see us and spend Christmas with her.

BTW, you and your sister look gorgeous!

2. I’m so glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

Those cookies look delicious and PLEASE do post that lasagna recipe! Yummmmmo!

3. I spent my Christmas Day on the beach in Aruba with my family and a friend who was in for the day on a cruise ship and it was awesome.

So glad you had a fabulous day, too…and your lasagna looks great.

Interesting you mention that your blog is supposed to be a dessert blog; I think of you as mostly a dessert blogger but you also have some fun savory dishes, I’m thinking noodles and chopsticks pictures in my mind.

Happy 2012!

4. Alice says:

Are you tanner than your sister because of kabocha squash? My mom told me to lay off the kabocha because I started to get an orange tint! (I used to eat it everyday!)

1. Your mom’s right that a lot of kabocha can turn you orange… but it’s not just kabocha! It just means you’re eating a lot of Beta Carotene (natural Vitamin A). There’s even a fancy term for it: Carotenaemia :).

1. Tarryn GUTTENBERG says:

Firstly just found your site – looks fantastic :) Thought id mention that I actually got carotenaemia after going through a stage of munching on a looottt of carrots for lunch and dinner. Im out of that stage thankfully lol and my palms and feet are no longer orange 😉

5. tiffany says:

you and your sister look so pretty!! where did you get your dog shirts from? too cute!! :)

1. Aww thanks! They’re from J. Crew. Our Scottie dog just died, and so we picked out the shirts in tribute to her. :)

6. Lyza says:

I spent Christmas at my mom’s townhouse. :) We have been having old Christmas movie marathons on TCM and DVR in between Real Housewives marathons. :) Now I have quickly run home (I live a couple blocks away), whipped up a smoothie, and am about to take a shower because she’s going to cut my hair and style it when I come back! She’s going to cosmetology school right now…I would never let her get scissors near my head normally, as she always fantasized about giving me a bob because she thought I looked like Audrey Hepburn as a small child (moms…), but she is giving such surprisingly amazing haircuts that I am kind of excited!!

7. You and your sister look so much alike! Both gorgeous. :)

I spent Christmas with Michael’s family this year. It was really nice but I did miss my family too.

1. LOL Mary, read the bottom of my post!! 😉

8. Cute picture with your sister, love the shirts! Glad you had a nice holiday with friends and family. Love Actually was a great choice to watch!

9. Love Actually might just be the perfect holiday movie! I was sad that I left my copy at school :( Can’t wait for that pixies recipe!!

10. Tracy says:

We were at in-laws & cousin’s houses. Always a fun time.
    Please do post the lasagna recipe. I love the dessert ones but also keep the others coming as well.

11. katie says:

Im so happy you and your family had a wonderful christmas!

You and your sister look so beautiful! <3

12. Molly Francis says:

You are so freaking gorgeous!! Do you think that coconut butter is better (health wise) than coconut oil or are they about the same?
    PS I ordered desert essence coconut shampoo + conditioner…..wow A M A Z I N G!

Thank you for continually being an inspiration and giving great recipes!

1. Sorry, I’m not sure about the nutritional differences between the two. I can say that I like coconut oil better for baking and coconut butter better for spreading on top of foods (or for making fudge).

And that shampoo… lol I could eat that too ;). (No, not really.)

13. Alyssa says:

“Love, Actually” is one of my favorite movies, EVER!!!!!!!
    Also love the shirts. Cute!
    Glad you had a wonderful Christmas.

14. It was great! My guy and I spent it at my parents’ house and we got tons of gifts.
    I’m so glad we cleaned up the clutter in our house to make room for all the presents!

15. Can’t wait for the recipe!! Is it some sort of lasagna? Well whatever it is it looks good! Love the matching shirts too! LOL!

16. Amber K says:

Spent the day with my husband driving around to all of our various sections of family. It makes for a very long day, but then all of the obligations are gone until the next year!

17. I made your Deep Dish Cookie Pie, and it went over fabulously! If anything, people said that they think one could add LESS sugar.

That. never. happens.

Thanks Katie :)

18. Laura says:

I made your chocolate pecan pie for Christmas dessert for my omnivorous family, including my aunt and uncle who are skeptical of my vegan diet. It was fabulous and everyone loved it!! It was the best dessert I’ve eaten in a long time and so easy to make. Thank you for the wonderful recipe!

1. Thank YOU for trying it. It always makes me so happy when someone tries one of my recipes!

19. Kit-Kat says:

Home with my family and grandparents (dad’s mom and step-father). This Christmas was so special, and it seemed better than the past five Christmas’ I’ve had for some reason.

20. Mary says:

That lasagna looks delicious! It’s one of my favorite foods and I am always looking for healthy improvements, would love to know your recipe!

21. What a great picture with your sister. We spent Christmas at my grandfather’s which was different than our normal low key dinner at home. It was fun, just different :)

22. Yum, Katie!

Looks like you had a wonderful (and delicious!) Christmas!

Hope to see more of you in the New Year!

Xo,
    Erin

23. Chelsea says:

How fun! My sisters and I LOVE Love Actually. It’s such a cute movie! And the cookie Dough babies look divine!

24. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Love, Actually is the one Christmas movie I watch time and time again – though I also rewatched Four Christmases this year, for the first time since it came out in 2008, and it was pretty funny. Vince Vaughn is always good for a laugh 😉

25. *Andrea* says:

beautiful sisters!!!

26. Your makeup looks flawless!!
    Glad you had a great Christmas!

27. Merry Christmas! I am so happy you had a fun and delicious day. 😉

28. Chelsea says:

I spent Christmas with my parents and sister. Super low-key and it was perfect. I NEED for you to post your recipe of that lasagna. You can post it on a dessert blog because… um.. we need to eat our dinner before we can have our dessert.

Also, I have a new blog. I’ve been posting for over a week now and I would love to have new readers give me some feedback. Check it out.

29. Lou says:

You and your sister are stunning! You are both glowing – Merry Christmas!

30. Charissa says:

What a beautiful photo of you and your sister! Beautiful gals!

Have a wonderful rest of the Christmas holidays! Hugs!

31. Kate says:

Your hair is luscious!

32. LizAshlee says:

I enjoyed a wonderful Christmas celebration with my family! :) You and your sister look beautiful!

33. Kimberly says:

awe you and your sister are adorable :)

I spent Christmas with my hubby’s family – it was great seeing everyone!

I love how you are already counting down to next Christmas – haha :)

34. Albizia says:

I spent Christmas at home with my family too. There is nothing better than Christmas at home. By the way you and your sister look adorable with the puppy T-shirts.

35. I spent Christmas at home with my entire family =)

36. Deneige says:

As a vegan baker myself I love your blog! I just came across it recently and can’t wait to try the recipes. I also love that you are vegan but still girly and down-to-earth. The stereotype of what many people think a vegan is scares so many away from even sampling vegan treats. You look radiant!

1. Thank you SO much!
      I agree… there are a lot of vegan stereotypes that we need to disprove. Another one I work hard to dispel is that vegans can’t eat delicious food, and that we eat salads all the time. Salads are good sometimes… but the world needs to know that vegans most definitely CAN eat chocolate ;).

37. whitney says:

You two look so much alike! Awh. :) Cute family.

Whitney

38. Sunnie says:

Katie, your food always looks picture-perfect! Did you ever post the recipe for the pixie cookies? I’d LOVE to make those . . . I love chocolate! 😉

1. I haven’t yet… Thanks for reminding me! I actually am not sure where I put the little scrap of paper with the recipe :-?.