My blog is about to change…

Or is it?

I don’t usually make New Year’s resolutions—not serious ones, anyway. I’m too impulsive. If there’s something in my life I don’t like, why wait until January to fix it? However, there are a few changes I’ve thought about making to my blog.

If you get a chance:

I’d really appreciate your feedback. Would you like to see more or less of the following:

• Savory recipes
  • Guest posts
  • Posts with Tips for Bloggers
  • Food photography tips
  • Personal posts (as opposed to just recipes)
  • Chocolate recipes

Ooh wait; scratch that last one. You’re getting more chocolate recipes whether you want them or not!

chocolate-cake-for-one

Expect many more recipes like One-Minute Chocolate Cake.

Other upcoming posts include chocolate-chip cookie dough cake, chewy granola bars, oatmeal raisin breakfast cookies, sweet potato chili, peanut butter sandwich bread… I’ll, of course, still be writing about topics that make me happy: chocolate and desserts. But a big part of what makes me happy is making others happy, so I want to know what you want.

For tomorrow’s post:

Would you like to see a savory recipe or a sweet one?

And thanks in advance to everyone who takes the time to offer feedback. I really do appreciate it! If you have any other suggestions or thoughts, please feel free to let me know. Unless you want less chocolate.

Then you’re out of luck ;).

1. Kristen says:

Keep the healthy desserts coming! LOVE them!
    Would love to see savory recipes too. I’m sure you eat really healthy all around so it’d be cool to see healthy savory dishes paired with a healthy dessert of yours 🙂

1. Lauren H says:

Exactly what Kristen said!! I can’t find another healthy blog as good as yours for just throughout the day meals. I know yours is called Chocolate Covered.. but I feel we can make a few exceptions once a week or however often. 😀

2. Kalyn says:

I third this notion! I love, love your chocolately, healthy recipes, but I know you can come up with great savory recipes & I would love to see them, as well. Also, it would be nice to see you wrote about other topics besides jut recipes, as well. You seem really well-spoken, and I would enjoy hearing your thoughts and what you have to say.

1. Crystal says:

I fourth this! I love all your posts on desserts. I fact, you’re my go-to blog for healthy foods. But I’d enjoy some more savory foods. No chance I’ll become vegan, but vegan meals occasionally are correctly great. Our family has been working on eating healthier the last several months. New ideas are always welcome.

1. Jo says:

I agree with this as well! Both would be great!

1. Maria Nyholm says:

Can you sixth something?

2. missy says:

i’d like to see savory recipes as well. its easy for me to get into a veg-recipe rut, so fresh ideas on your blog to keep me inspired would be great! 🙂

3. Michelle W. says:

I hope so, Maria, because I’m gonna seventh it! 🙂
            Katie, I hope you add more of everything you mentioned. Even the “Food Photography Tips” interests me as I love taking pics of my concoctions, but the pics I take don’t come out as yummy as this food in them. Love your blog, btw. I made your cookie dough dip for a family get together over the holidays and accidently left it in the fridge when we left for a 2 hour trip. I’m actually glad I did because when I got home and discovered how delicious it was I gobbled it all up! 🙂

4. Thank you all so much!

Oh Michelle, I’m so sorry about the dip… but thank goodness you were able to look on the bright side. Too funny! I wonder if I can intentionally use that excuse next time I go to a party and don’t want to share what I’ve made. Would that be too horrible? 😉

3. Ann says:

I’d love to see more savory recipes, too!

I think the tips for bloggers would be a great addition as well.

You have a great blog. I really enjoy it. I wish you the best in your quest to make it a full-time gig. I’m pretty jealous, frankly!

2. meesch says:

LOVE the desert recipes, but I think some more savory recipes would be great too!

-meesch

3. Julia says:

I would LOVE to see more savoury recipes, guest posts and ofc personal posts! Thank you :)<3

4. I would also like to see a savory recipe thrown in here and there. I also like personal posts on what you’re up to.

5. Heathy dessert recipes are always a winning post but some personal rants are fun too. Oooo, and PHOTOGRAPHY tips! You take such beautiful photos, teach us, please! 🙂

1. Amal says:

I so agree expecially about the photo tips!

1. Claire says:

Yeah, I’d love to see photography tips too! I try hard to get nice food photos, but I don’t know if I’m doing it well or not. And I’d love some editing tips too- I use Capture NX2 though, so I don’t know if your tips would apply to that or not. Like, is this a good picture? : http://clairescornercz.blogspot.com/2011/09/chocolate-cookies.html .

Keep the desserts coming! But I’m fine with a few savory recipes here and there too. I know you have good taste in food (no pun intended), and would love to get some new ideas.

6. Aubrey says:

I’d love to see the dessert esp the smoothies and pancKes and dips 🙂 and some savory ones too:)

7. Vanessa says:

Id love to see guest posts, personal posts, and savory posts. I, of course, still love the dessert recipes a ton!

8. Amy says:

Savory, personal posts (because I want to know what else you do besides blogging!), and some photography tips would be great too.
    😀

9. I def. like the savory recipe and foot photography tips ideas!!!

10. Kate says:

I would love some savory posts as well as personal posts. Always fun to hear what you’re up to!

11. I love savory recipes and posts about your life! I feel like you’ve lost touch with those personal posts that you had going for a while and I think reading about a blogger’s life is more fun than recipes (personally!).

12. Any and all of the above! I think all of those things sounds great, and I’d love to read any post you come up with 🙂

13. Barb says:

I really love that your blog is mainly just desserts. That being said, I would read it no matter what you post! I would probably not make savory meals as often, but if you post one every once in a while I would have no complaints!

Also, I love when you post personal articles. Usually I can relate to them, and they are always fun to read! Can’t wait for those oatmeal raisin breakfast cookies ….

1. That’s what I was thinking, too. Maybe a savory post once or twice a month.
      Gotta give desserts their rightful place in the spotlight ;).

1. lisa says:

i agree with barb. i love how you highlight desserts but a savory recipe every once in a while would be fun too. there are already quite a few good vegan food blogs that mainly focus on savory recipes and desserts is what makes yours so unique. no matter what you do this is your blog and it is already so awesome so just do what you feel is right.

2. Jen says:

I completely agree with this post!

1. Amelia says:

Same, I agree

1. Holly says:

I also like that your blog focuses on desserts! I would like to see additional recipes which I can take on the go.

14. Jennifer JCD says:

Hey Katie,
    I love all your recipes but miss some of the personal posts you had before – running, babysitting, Batman, etc. I love your blog dearly and thank you for all the hard work you do to keep it up and running!

15. Kim says:

Savory would be wonderful!

16. Lynda says:

I found your blog a month or two ago and I just love it! You have so many creative ideas for desserts and chocolate recipies, that can be low fat and low sugar. I have been printing out so many that I want to try. Keep doing what you’re doing:)

17. Sidrah says:

Savory posts please! Or even, what you eat (besides all the chocolate!).

18. I’m pretty much just interested in the actual food posts. Both sweet and savory are fine 🙂

19. Aly says:

I would really enjoy more savory recipes in addition to all your yummy desserts–and, um, sweet potato chili (along with all things sweet potato, squash, etc.) is a winner. I had this fantastic African peanut soup a while back…you should do a soup with some sort of peanut component. Yum.

20. Michaela says:

savory!
    I made your boatmeal this morning and loooooooooved it! I don´t know why I haven´t had it for so long.