Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Healthy Peanut Butter Recipes

Healthy Peanut Butter Recipes!

Happy Peanut Butter Day!

If I’d known it was National Peanut Butter Day earlier than last night, I would’ve made you an awesome new recipe. Instead, I’ll highlight some of my previously-posted healthy peanut butter recipes… and I’ll give you an IOU for that new peanut butter recipe!

peanut butter frozen yogurt

Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt

peanut fudge

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Start celebrating early. Who says you can’t eat chocolate fudge for breakfast? (No really, who says? That person has some explaining to do!)

Copycat Reeses PB Eggs

peanut hot

PB Frozen Hot Chocolate

After your chocolate fudge breakfast, you’ll want dessert. Right?

peanut no bakes

Chocolate-PB No Bakes

Lunch, perhaps? A person’s gotta have lunch! And one peanut butter cookie is definitely not enough for a lunch… you’ll need to have five or six. Or seven.

peanut ice cream

Low-Calorie Peanut Butter Ice Cream

No ice cream maker required!

Secret Peanut Butter Cookies

If you make these peanut butter cookies, keep it a secret. Then you won’t have to share. And these are so good that you won’t want to share.

peanut fudges

PB & J Fudge

Like the pbj sandwiches of your childhood… except this is fudge!

peanut butter shake

Peanut Butter Cookie Milkshake

This healthy peanut butter shake really does taste like you’re drinking a thick peanut butter milkshake. And really, what could be better than that? Well, maybe if it were chocolate peanut butter…

More Healthy Peanut Butter Recipes:

How are you going to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day?

For even more healthy peanut butter recipes, see this link: Peanut Butter Recipes.

1. Perfect reason to make no-bake peanut butter cookies! :)

2. Oh man, what a great day! All these looks fantastic! I am a peanut butter addict, so this is going to work out great! :) I think I’ll celebrate by making one of your treats! Thanks for the ideas!

3. Aww man! If I’d known this morning I definitely would have packed a pb and banana sandwich rather than a hummus one for lunch! And would have added a scoop of pb instead of a scoop of almond butter to my morning oats. And would have packed something with peanut sauce for dinner. But alas, all my meals are already prepped and in my backpack. Bring on the peanut butter dessert!

4. Oh heck yes I’ll celebrate! I’ve already eaten some peanut butter and now I’ll eat MORE! :) What an awesome day!

5. I tend to lean towards almond butter or sunbutter which I’ve used with your pb ice cream and pb&j fudge- two of my absolute favorite recipes!!

6. Nicole K. says:

Oh my goodness, national peanut butter day?! This is serious business! I think I am going to celebrate by making sun butter (since I haven’t been tolerating peanut butter recently…) pretend it’s peanut butter and eat it for every meal!

1. Rachel says:

It needs to be global peanut butter day. Seriously.

7. That’s so funny as well because my mom was just looking for a chocolate and peanut butter recipe to make for her book club tonight and I had suggested she check out your blog – and lo and behold, there are a bunch of chocolate PB recipes! Now she can be even more relevant by telling them she made it because it was National Peanut Butter Day (right…that was the intention all along lol!)

8. Autumn says:

So far I’ve just enjoyed some three ingredient chocolate bar with butter, but I’ll check these recipes out too.

9. Alyssa says:

What a perfect way to brighten up mid-January!
    And what a perfect way to celebrate it: PB? Dessert? Two of my favorite things. :)

10. Now I’m sad that I didn’t eat peanut butter oats again this morning. Instead, I had Cacao Bliss oats, and they were awesome! But not very PB Day celebratory!

11. Heck yes I am celebrating it!! Even if I only have time to dip a spoon into the chocolate peanut butter jar – it’s going to happen.

Peanut butter…

I think I want to be buried with both!

12. Dam, I didn’t know it was national peanut butter day. I actually made a peanut butter dessert last night and was planning on posting it for tomorrow! How do people know these holiodays? I need to start tracking! All of your Peanut Butetr dishes look so good, I need to go through each recipe and scope them out!

1. A few times when I’ve thought about it, I looked at this site:

But I always forget what the days are… I would’ve missed this one, too, if someone hadn’t told me :).

13. National peanut butter day is awesome! I’ll probably just eat peanut butter straight out if the jar…or maybe I’ll try some if these recipes!

14. Kit-Kat says:

I bought a Luna Peanutbutter Cookie bar yesterday at Trader Joes…. I’ll probably have that after my afternoon workout 😉

15. Anna Lynn says:

Holy peanut butter!! I’m going to celebrate by adding peanut butter to everything I possibly can, of course! Not that I don’t already do that….pb is without a doubt my favorite food. I’m so excited to try at least one of these tonight…I’m considering the pb&j fudge because I have some strawberries I need to use up. Thank you for making my morning, Katie!

16. I am dieing I want to make everything! I am going to celebrate by eating as much Peanut Butter as possible!

17. well i just ran out of PB and restocked almond butter this morning instead so looks like I won’t be celebrating. But I did just post a PB soup recipe this morning not even knowing it was national PB day!

18. Marilyn says:

Oh, I’m also so bummed I didn’t know earlier! Oh well, banana covered with pb, here I come! :-)

19. Cassandra says:

Oh man! My new food processor is coming tonight, so I think I’ll have to make something delicious :) I think your next attempt should be a healthy peanut butter pie…one of my all-time favorite desserts.

20. oh yeaahhh baby!! Now I have an excuse to scoop up and eat half of a jar. Well, we’ll see if it happens but I’m tempted to do it. Mannnn the fudges look delicious Katie! This is a silly question, but do you know if there’s such a thing as almond butter or sunflower seed butter day?

21. Emilie says:

National Peanut Butter Day? You mean everyday right?

Love the recipes, I really want to try your no-bake Chocolate PB cookies.

22. Now that i have a vitamix i can finally try some of your ice cream recipes! PB icecream is the best!!!!

23. oh gosh. The no-bakes, the chocolate fudge, the pb & j fudge, and the ice cream are all on my ‘to make’ list. I had no idea it was National Peanut Butter Day! Perfect timing, because I posted a Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Pie! 😀

Happy National Peanut Butter Day, Katie!!

24. national peanut butter is my kinda day – i’m in love with the stuff! although pretty much every day is national peanut butter day in my book… i have it at least once a day! 😉

25. Superfood Babe says:

Hey check out my post on Peanut Butter, plus a super yummy recipe involving banana :)
    Thanks xx

26. Mmm all of your peanut butter recipes sound fab!! I actually already celebrated peanut butter day (I celebrate it every morning in fact) by having peanut butter and black currant jam on toast! But now that it’s the official day, I think I need to find a way to incorporate it in my other meals and snacks!

27. mhmm peanut butter is good on everythinggg

28. by including it in all my meals! breakfast and lunch are checked off!

29. All of these look delicious! Maybe I will have to make PB cookies!

30. Hmmm… Well, since I already eat peanut butter a few times a day, I guess I’ll count that as celebrating :)
    Hooray for PB!

31. Taylor says:

Have you or anybody else ever tried PB2? It’s apparently powdered peanut butter that you mix with water, and it’s 85% less fat AND only 45 calories! I’ve never tried it but I really want to use it, especially in your recipes, to cut more calories/fat. :)

1. Rachel says:

I have! The texture is definitely going to be different than what you’re used to with regular peanut butter, but it’s great for use in recipes (in fact, they have some up on their website). I find that I need to use about twice what a normal recipe calls for to get the same taste, but it’s still half the calories. I used it in a recipe I posted on my blog a couple weeks ago and it was really good!

32. Aja says:

I’m gonna eat a lot of peanut butter! And I need to make that peanut butter and jelly fudge thing. I’ve been meaning to for so long! Happy national peanut butter day!

33. Amber K says:

Well I am celebrating it already and I didn’t even know it! Chocolate peanut butter yummm :)

34. Haha, I knew there was a reason why I had PB today on my banana! :)

35. What a great line up. I didn’t know until this morning it was Peanut Butter Day, I just happened to post something by chance!

36. I don’t need a special day to eat lots of PB!

37. Chocolate and peanut butter, what could be a better combination!? I think needs to invest in some delicious peanut butter filled chocolates mmm

38. I had a pb spoon this morning before walking about the door for early morning practice with my cheerleaders. It was Wild Squirrel cinnamon raisin pb, and it was delicious! I may have to enjoy another pb treat for the sake of celebrating national pb day again. :)

39. Lena says:

How is it that on the national peanut butter day, of all days, I didn’t eat any bamba? (Super popular and ridiculously addictive Israeli snack – – I find myself eating it practically every day) Ah well. Still had a spoonful of peanut butter after dessert. :)

And I guess it doesn’t really matter anyway, because given how chocolate and peanut butter are my favorite foods, I try to make every day a peanut butter/chocolate day…

40. Tina says:

I love peanut butter!!! I have to try a few of those, for sure the milkshake! I love peanut butter in ice cream. The top bars look heavenly!

41. Happy Peanut Butter day! Best day ever 😀

42. Moni'sMeals says:

I had no idea! Wow, I better start to celebrate!! Thanks for the list of all your yummy=addictive treats!!

43. Yeah, I agree with you on keeping those cookies secret – I’ve already made them so many times, the latest with cashew butter which was delicious :-)

44. Great recap…and I celebrated with my latest recipe for PB & J Thumbprints…vegan, nobake, GF.

Have a great PB Day!

45. Jenni says:

I finally made your Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip :) By adding in the 1/4 cup of peanut butter you suggested, it was a perfect way to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day! Check out my blog post featuring your recipe @ Thanks Katie!

1. So excited you made it! Happy PB Day, Jenni!

46. Kathy says:

…and there’s no PB at my house. Well, none that’s natural anyways, and I don’t have a food processor.
    …what kind of peanut butter lover am I?! lol

47. Lisa says:

good ol out of the jar :)
    thats how I use my pb!! haha

48. Maria says:

Love PB! Everything looks delicious!

49. Emily says:

I recently discovered your blog and I LOVE it! I can’t wait to start trying out some of these recipes. Also, what liquid stevia sweetener do you prefer? I am looking to buy a bottle but there are just too many to choose from!

1. Nunaturals vanilla alcohol-free. It’s amazing! :)

50. jenn a. says:

I just made the single serving pb cookie, it came out crumbly because I didn’t use enough applesauce (since I used dry sweetener) and I forgot the baking soda, hahah. But, I put a chocolate covered toffee square in the middle and they were delicious. Thanks for posting this, my nat’l pb day was fulfilled!

51. So when are you going to open up a vegan dessert cafe in Atlanta lady? I want to eat up all your foods. :).

1. Kayleigh says:

My Mom would so love you if you did this! +1 vote haha

2. Becca R. says:

I would be so thrilled. I would keep you in business. You would not need another customer, but I’m sure you would have them.

3. LOL that would be fun.
      There’s just one problem… I would want to eat all the merchandise. Could you really expect me to feed chocolate to all the customers without sneaking a substantial portion for myself??? 😉

52. Kayleigh says:

Happy Peanut Butter Day! I thought of you when I realized it’s one of my FAVORITE food-related days! :)
    Celebrated by making lazy girl peanut butter cups – melted Ghiradelli 100% chocolate and a couple tablespoons of peanut butter together and poured them into mini cupcake cups!

Your recipes reign supreme, though. Ooh! And I ordered PB2, in hopes of making low-fat peanut buttery goods! That frozen PB hot chocolate looks incredi-mazing though!

53. Lisa says:

haha…gotta love all the random day that are out there. Thank you Katie for providing us with some pb inspiration.

54. LizAshlee says:

i LOVE pb…it’s up there with chocolate!! :)

I tagged you in on a fun game..check out the blog for details..xo

55. Katie says:

Katie, I found your website a few days ago and it has COMPLETELY CHANGED MY LIFE! (No exaggeration!) I went from a junk food junkie to making one of your recipes literally once a day! So far, I’ve done cookie dough dip, cookie pie, one-minute chocolate cake with frosting, and cornbread, and they’ve all been fantastic!

Keep being amazing!

56. Sarah says:

I want to eat all of these and then just finish the jar of pb in my pantry too. wow.

57. sarah says:

peanut butter is the BEST

58. He-he, I wouldn’t mind having six or seven cookies for lunch. :)

59. Ellie says:

Katie, I loooveee your site! And peanut butter of course(; but when I was looking at these recipes, I started wondering if you had ever tried or worked with biscoff spread? I’m almost positive it’s vegan. If you haven’t tried it you should! It’s delicious!

1. I keep looking for it, but I haven’t found it yet :(. I’ve heard it is vegan!!

1. Rachel says:

It should be at Walmart (at least it is here in Omaha). Have you tried your health food stores/sections? And Ellie is absolutely correct – it is delicious!

60. Natalie says:

I just tried the best peanut butter ever!! You have to try it. It’s called naturally more and it’s gluten free and vegan. It has flax seeds in it which is awesome! And the taste is AMAZING. I seriously recommend it!!

61. Lauren says:

Hi Katie, thanks for mentioning my cookies in your link-up! I’m seriously humbled… :-)!

1. Your cookies look so simple and delicious :).

62. Hi Katie! Thank you so my for sharing my Pumpkin Peanut Butter Pizza! (Which, I won’t lie, was pretty ambrosial). You have a great round-up here! :)

1. You are welcome. Thank you for such a beautiful post. The photos are fabulous!

63. Thanks for the link up Katie! Chocolate PB Rice Krispies are just such a nostalgic childhood treat for me :). I didn’t even realize it was Peanut Butter Day today and I woke up and had a peanut butter banana bar so clearly I am as much of a fanatic as you… :)

64. Clair says:

Katie!!! I have been reading your blog since forever, and when I noticed I was getting some traffic from here, I checked it out. Can’t tell you how honored I am to see my post up there. Thanks for the feature. =)

65. Anonymous says:

katie!! how the heck are all your pb recipes so low calorie? if 2 tbsp of pb is usually around 200 calories how are recipes that call for 4 tbsp of pb less than 100 calories??

66. janet says:

Katie I need just a sugar free peanut butter fudge recipe.