Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Healthy Desserts for Your Super Bowl Party

Guy Stereotypes:

• Guys like football.
  • Guys like meat.

So what if you want to throw a Super Bowl party without meat? Simple! You distract the guys with chocolate. And beer. Guys like beer! (Stereotypes aside, many girls like football too… and girls love chocolate. Bring chocolate to your Super Bowl party, and everyone will be happy!)

……………………………Ultimate Fudge Brownies

Brownies and football just kinda go together. Maybe because they’re football-colored… especially when topped with vegan ice cream. Yum!

……………………………..Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats

Tip: make football crispy treats by shaping the crispies into ovals, as opposed to the traditional bars. Then use an icing writer to draw the football hashmarks.

…………………………….Cream-Filled Cupcakes

Another dessert that can turn into a football. Make football hashmarks instead of the squiggles.

……………………………Healthy Sugar Cookies

(I made the above cookies for a Superbowl party a few years ago.)

……………………..Flourless Chocolate-Chip Cookies

One can never have too many types of cookies at a party.

……………………………..Giant Cookie Cake

Make this if you’re a Giants fan! (If you’re a Patriots’ fan, maybe you’d be better off baking a Boston Cream Pie. Now why don’t I have one of those on my site? I need to work on that!)

…………………………………Gooey PB&J Blondies

You know, to go along with those brownies you’re bringing. Can’t have brownies without blondies. That would be wrong!

…………………………….Cookie Dough Truffles

Another recipe that’s a big hit at parties.

Question of the Day:

Do you ever watch football?

Do you understand the game? I can’t say football is my favorite sport to watch. (That would be hockey.) But I do understand the rules, and every now and then I’ll get really into a big game. Too bad the Cowboys have been terrible ever since I moved to Dallas!

1. I’ll be making some CCK recipeis for the game day, you better believe it!
    The husband is a football coach so I watch *tons* of football and understand the ins and outs of the game! I’m a huge 49’ers fan and a Giants fan too! Go GIANTS!!!! Let’s win this game!

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

HI JULIE! I just came upon your blog a few days ago and made your orange maple walnut granola. It was AMAZING! hands down the best granola i have made from ANY blogger. My whole fam loves it. Made a few adjustments ( no oj or oranges), so i used Meyer lemon zest and pomegranite juice. SO GOOD! im commenting here because i can’t access your site for some reason 🙁 You should sell it. I used to make PBF’s pb granola but am now switching to yours!

2. Maddy C. says:

Girls like beer too! Did you know there’s CHOCOLATE BEER? It’s the most delicious. Rogue Brewery does a really good chocolate stout… you should investigate!

1. I *just* discovered chocolate wine… now I’ll NEED to try that chocolate stout as well. Maybe it’ll get me to finally like beer :).

3. Living in Green Bay – the *home* of football – I am pretty into it. But I always was, even as a kid before moving here. I even understand it all. Now basketball or hockey? Forget it!!

Looking forward to watching the SuperBowl commercials this year since I don’t like either team playing. Just going to use it as a time to make some tasty treats and spend time with the family!!

4. Val says:

To be honest, I don’t understand or like football, haha. I just love the fact that your favorite sport is hockey; that totally boosts your awesome factor up even more!

5. I was in love with football this season! Detroit Lions had an amazing year and for the first time in a very long time, we had a solid team with a great coaching staff! It really was a great time to be a Lions fan In Michigan!

6. Yum! The giant cookie cake looks so good!! Loving all of these recipes!!

7. Sarah S. says:

Whattt a Lions fan here? Awesome! I’m not a football-watcher (Go Wings! Hockey girl here, too!) but it’s nice to see a fellow Detroiter <3 And seriously, you need a Boston Creme Pie recipe that is healthy and vegan. Because I can then die happy in 70 years 😉

8. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

HUGE Giant’s fan here! Like duh, guess that’s no surprise comin’ from a life long New Yorker. You can take me out of New York, but ya can’t take the New York out of me! Well, yes you can. Give me some Southern sweet tea, and you can. Yea, my pastor is a huge Cowboys ( and LSU) fan. poor him. They are always in the toilet 🙂 I love watching football, but i don’t get it much. What teen girl does? Every year I have to be reminded what the line of scrimmage is. I think that’s what it’s called 🙂 have a great day, Katie!

1. You can go to my sister’s party… she’s throwing a super bowl party, but she lives in Boston and is a Giants fan. I told her, “No one’s gonna come!”

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

LOL, totally there 🙂

9. Despise football. I know all the rules (thanks to a football obsessed father) but I cannot stand watching it for the life of me. I’m more of a hockey person too 🙂
    So while there will be no football on in our house this weekend, I’ll still be eating all the delicious foods that accompany the super bowl.

10. I just did the same kind of post Katie! All these look awesome! You don’t have to be a fan of football to have fun here. Great ideas!

11. Jennifer JCD says:

I’m a die-hard hockey girl! (I even have tickets to the Oilers vs Avalanche NHL game tonight!) I like to watch all sports (except golf!) but American football is so odd to me – the rules are different from Canadian football which confuses me at times. It’s still good entertainment and I enjoy going to my parents’ Super Bowl parties every year. You can bet I’ll be bringing cookie dough dip and some crackers or tortillas to go with it. mmm… oh, and chilli and cornbread – our Super Bowl tradition.

12. Umm, is it overkill if I make ALL of these??
    I just tried out chickpeas in a dessert recipe for the first time this weekend, and now I have to move forward and make your cookie dough dip!
    I’m a football fan, but my team was just eliminated by the Patriots in the last game. My husband is from Boston though, so he’s a HUGE Pats fan, so we’re having a fun party for the game.
    But really- we’re both baseball fans above anything else.

13. Stefanie-Anne says:

What kind of chocolate chips do you use?

I’ve always been curious…

1. I usually buy whatever’s available and vegan, depending on what I’m making and who’s going to eat it. Often, when I’m making something for myself, I like the ghirardelli 100% bakind discs. But for recipes, I’ll use: Whole Foods mini chunks, Whole Foods vegan chips, Ghirardelli chips (gold bag), Sunspire vegan, Enjoy Life mini chips, etc :).

14. I know I must have seen those brownies on here before but they look even better than I remember!!! Makes me want to bake some!

15. Im not a football fan in the slightest, but i love gatherings! I cant wait to try the cookie dough dip!

16. I actually love watching football, as long as I care about who wins!

17. Oh man – I’m not big into football and I’m in Canada so the Superbowl isn’t quite as big of a deal here, but I AM going to be throwing an Oscars party at the end of Feb and that will be all girls, who will DEFINITELY be happily distracted by chocolate. I can’t wait to use some of these recipes – and maybe you should do an Oscars party post around the end of next month too! 🙂

18. I am already planning on making your awesome cookie dough dip for a superbowl party, and I may have to make some of these other recipes as well!