Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Healthy Desserts for Your Super Bowl Party

Guy Stereotypes:

• Guys like football.
  • Guys like meat.

So what if you want to throw a Super Bowl party without meat? Simple! You distract the guys with chocolate. And beer. Guys like beer! (Stereotypes aside, many girls like football too… and girls love chocolate. Bring chocolate to your Super Bowl party, and everyone will be happy!)

footba

……………………………Ultimate Fudge Brownies

Brownies and football just kinda go together. Maybe because they’re football-colored… especially when topped with vegan ice cream. Yum!

footballdessert

……………………………..Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats

Tip: make football crispy treats by shaping the crispies into ovals, as opposed to the traditional bars. Then use an icing writer to draw the football hashmarks.

football

…………………………….Cream-Filled Cupcakes

Another dessert that can turn into a football. Make football hashmarks instead of the squiggles.

xcook

……………………………Healthy Sugar Cookies

(I made the above cookies for a Superbowl party a few years ago.)

flourless-gluten-free-cookies_thumb

……………………..Flourless Chocolate-Chip Cookies

One can never have too many types of cookies at a party.

vegan-cookie-cake_thumb_3

……………………………..Giant Cookie Cake

Make this if you’re a Giants fan! (If you’re a Patriots’ fan, maybe you’d be better off baking a Boston Cream Pie. Now why don’t I have one of those on my site? I need to work on that!)

pbj-blondies_thumb

…………………………………Gooey PB&J Blondies

You know, to go along with those brownies you’re bringing. Can’t have brownies without blondies. That would be wrong!

footbal

…………………………….Cookie Dough Truffles

Another recipe that’s a big hit at parties.

Question of the Day:

Do you ever watch football?

Do you understand the game? I can’t say football is my favorite sport to watch. (That would be hockey.) But I do understand the rules, and every now and then I’ll get really into a big game. Too bad the Cowboys have been terrible ever since I moved to Dallas!

1. I’ll be making some CCK recipeis for the game day, you better believe it!
    The husband is a football coach so I watch *tons* of football and understand the ins and outs of the game! I’m a huge 49’ers fan and a Giants fan too! Go GIANTS!!!! Let’s win this game!

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

HI JULIE! I just came upon your blog a few days ago and made your orange maple walnut granola. It was AMAZING! hands down the best granola i have made from ANY blogger. My whole fam loves it. Made a few adjustments ( no oj or oranges), so i used Meyer lemon zest and pomegranite juice. SO GOOD! im commenting here because i can’t access your site for some reason :( You should sell it. I used to make PBF’s pb granola but am now switching to yours!

2. I’ve made your cookie dough desserts, and they’ve gone over well every time!

3. Maddy C. says:

Girls like beer too! Did you know there’s CHOCOLATE BEER? It’s the most delicious. Rogue Brewery does a really good chocolate stout… you should investigate! http://www.rogue.com/beers/chocolate-stout.php

1. I *just* discovered chocolate wine… now I’ll NEED to try that chocolate stout as well. Maybe it’ll get me to finally like beer :).

4. Living in Green Bay – the *home* of football – I am pretty into it. But I always was, even as a kid before moving here. I even understand it all. Now basketball or hockey? Forget it!!

Looking forward to watching the SuperBowl commercials this year since I don’t like either team playing. Just going to use it as a time to make some tasty treats and spend time with the family!!

5. Val says:

To be honest, I don’t understand or like football, haha. I just love the fact that your favorite sport is hockey; that totally boosts your awesome factor up even more!

6. I was in love with football this season! Detroit Lions had an amazing year and for the first time in a very long time, we had a solid team with a great coaching staff! It really was a great time to be a Lions fan In Michigan!

7. Yum! The giant cookie cake looks so good!! Loving all of these recipes!!

8. Sarah S. says:

Whattt a Lions fan here? Awesome! I’m not a football-watcher (Go Wings! Hockey girl here, too!) but it’s nice to see a fellow Detroiter <3 And seriously, you need a Boston Creme Pie recipe that is healthy and vegan. Because I can then die happy in 70 years 😉

9. ehhhh…not a big football fan. I AM a big chocolate, fan, though! So I will come to your party!

I’d rather watch tennis, though 😛 (Did you see the men’s Australian Open final?? Longest final in history! So close, and 6 hours long. Wow!)

1. I heard about that! I didn’t watch though… but I have seen some of the other long finals (Federer and Nadal, and then my favorite when Ivanisavich won. I hope I spelled that right!)

1. Lisa says:

I sat through an 18 inning San Diego Padres game a few years back…while pregnant. I probably made the husband buy me chocolates for that. haha

10. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

HUGE Giant’s fan here! Like duh, guess that’s no surprise comin’ from a life long New Yorker. You can take me out of New York, but ya can’t take the New York out of me! Well, yes you can. Give me some Southern sweet tea, and you can. Yea, my pastor is a huge Cowboys ( and LSU) fan. poor him. They are always in the toilet :) I love watching football, but i don’t get it much. What teen girl does? Every year I have to be reminded what the line of scrimmage is. I think that’s what it’s called :) have a great day, Katie!
    LET”S GO GIANTS LET”S GO!!!!

1. You can go to my sister’s party… she’s throwing a super bowl party, but she lives in Boston and is a Giants fan. I told her, “No one’s gonna come!”

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

LOL, totally there :)

11. Despise football. I know all the rules (thanks to a football obsessed father) but I cannot stand watching it for the life of me. I’m more of a hockey person too :)
    So while there will be no football on in our house this weekend, I’ll still be eating all the delicious foods that accompany the super bowl.

12. I just did the same kind of post Katie! All these look awesome! You don’t have to be a fan of football to have fun here. Great ideas!

13. Jennifer JCD says:

I’m a die-hard hockey girl! (I even have tickets to the Oilers vs Avalanche NHL game tonight!) I like to watch all sports (except golf!) but American football is so odd to me – the rules are different from Canadian football which confuses me at times. It’s still good entertainment and I enjoy going to my parents’ Super Bowl parties every year. You can bet I’ll be bringing cookie dough dip and some crackers or tortillas to go with it. mmm… oh, and chilli and cornbread – our Super Bowl tradition.

14. Umm, is it overkill if I make ALL of these??
    I just tried out chickpeas in a dessert recipe for the first time this weekend, and now I have to move forward and make your cookie dough dip!
    I’m a football fan, but my team was just eliminated by the Patriots in the last game. My husband is from Boston though, so he’s a HUGE Pats fan, so we’re having a fun party for the game.
    But really- we’re both baseball fans above anything else.

15. Stefanie-Anne says:

What kind of chocolate chips do you use?

I’ve always been curious…

Thanks!

Stefanie

1. I usually buy whatever’s available and vegan, depending on what I’m making and who’s going to eat it. Often, when I’m making something for myself, I like the ghirardelli 100% bakind discs. But for recipes, I’ll use: Whole Foods mini chunks, Whole Foods vegan chips, Ghirardelli chips (gold bag), Sunspire vegan, Enjoy Life mini chips, etc :).

16. I know I must have seen those brownies on here before but they look even better than I remember!!! Makes me want to bake some!

17. Im not a football fan in the slightest, but i love gatherings! I cant wait to try the cookie dough dip!

18. I actually love watching football, as long as I care about who wins!

19. Kate says:

I’m finally going to try your chocolate chip dip. Looks great. Here’s a dip you might like – caramel apple (just mejdool dates, non-dairy milk, splash of vanilla, and a pinch of salt). Enjoy the big game!

20. Kit-Kat says:

You love hockey? GREAT!!! Do you have a favorite team? Mine is the LA Kings (my dad is a BIG fan of those guys), and I also love the Calgary Flames. After those two teams, I like the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Detroit Red Wings.

I watch Football (being from Washington, I root for the Seattle Seahawks), but it’s not my top sport to watch. I would rather follow baseball and hockey :-)

1. I’m a huge Dallas Stars fan. Not such a good thing this year :-(.

21. Oh man – I’m not big into football and I’m in Canada so the Superbowl isn’t quite as big of a deal here, but I AM going to be throwing an Oscars party at the end of Feb and that will be all girls, who will DEFINITELY be happily distracted by chocolate. I can’t wait to use some of these recipes – and maybe you should do an Oscars party post around the end of next month too! :)

22. I am already planning on making your awesome cookie dough dip for a superbowl party, and I may have to make some of these other recipes as well!

23. I try to avoid football. If it’s on, I try to leave the room. There’s far more important things to do than watch it…like read blogs or bake cookies :)

24. I’m def doing the cookie dough dip and not telling them it’s healthy until after they polish off the bowl….mawahahah

25. Amber K says:

I watch football every year at the Super Bowl, and one day I might actually figure out what’s going on! Eh, I’m mostly there for the commercials anyway :)

26. All of these look delicious! I love the super bowl because it is an excuse to get together with friends, make delicious food and the commercials are hilarious!

27. To be honest, I could care less about football and don’t really understand it. In past years, I’ve used superbowl Sunday as an excuse to go shopping! But I do have a fun girls party coming up and this dip might be the perfect thing to make!! YUM!

28. auntiecarole says:

I am a die hard, life long sports fan, especially football and the Patriots!! Loved hockey since Bobby Orr & the Big bad Bruins days. OOPS, just dated myself with all the youngsters out there– including you Katie! Growing up in Massachusetts, we’ve had our share of GREAT sports teams to root for the last 10 years. I blame my grandmother who used to watch wrestling & roller derby when she babysat me. BUT, my husband LOVES IT when I tell him we are staying in, grabbing a beer and watching the game! (By the way, great dessert ideas—thanks!)

29. Erin says:

I’m not a big fan of football, but I was in my high school’s marching band all four years, so I went to literally every game they played, haha. I love the excitement around football, just not the sport itself 😛

30. I’m with the high school band commenter! I think that’s just what has made my detestation for football grow 😀

31. I think I’m going to make the Cookie Dough Dip for our party — hope it goes over well! :)

32. Laurel says:

Why oh, Why? Ms. Katie have you not entered the contest over at Fork and Beans? It just boggles my mind. http://forkandbeans.wordpress.com//?s=contest Seriously, Vegan Valentine’s day. C’mon.

33. Aja says:

Not a football fan but I am a chocolate fan! I’ll be eating treats and watching the puppy bowl Sunday.

34. lisampls says:

Hi Katie! Longtime lurker coming out of the woodwork! Just made the chocolate-chip cookie cake and…HOLY AMAZING! My 16-month old daughter ate more than half of my piece and then TOOK OFF WITH THE PLATE AND LICKED IT! She’s never done anything like that before! Needless to say, its making us quite happy. And I sooo appreciate better/healthier options to feed my (pregnancy) cravings. I’m glad I noticed one thing in the comments though, you said you don’t wrap your treats because of moisture killing them. I understand that, but coming from a conventional (eggs & butter) background, this goes against everything I’ve ever done. So-do I really just keep the finished product on my counter, uncovered, until its been demolished? How many days do you think I can hold it? And does this go for all of your baked goods? That was big news to me. Thanks girlie! Keep ’em comin’!

1. Awww! :)

For the cookie pie, I actually put leftovers in the fridge (covered) once it’s cut. It’s only after I first make it that I leave it out overnight if I’m not serving it the same day as I’ve made it.

1. lisampls says:

gotcha! thanks, i was probably gonna accidentally waste what’s left by just leaving them, uncovered, on the counter tonight. much appreciated!!

35. BroccoliHut says:

I’ll admit it–I’m a Southern girl who does NOT like football. I just never got into it for some reason (maybe because my high school didn’t have a team?) I do really love basketball though!

36. I have a feeling that if I took these to my superbowl party, I’d be pretty popular…

If only I watched sports! They just don’t interest me. I’d much rather watch Food Network instead. 😉

37. Kristal says:

I love watching Ohio State football or University of Cincinnati Basketball… other than I’d rather watch Monk or some detective show.

38. Sherlock says:

Football is alright. I’m more of an MMA UFC kind of person. Supercross is fun to watch too. I don’t know exactly what I’ll make that day but for SURE it’s going to be from this site. Ok….wait….definitely the brown rice Lara bars and something else. 😉

39. miriam says:

thank you so much 4 this katie!! im goanna make those “Ultimate Fudge Brownies” after school today :) xx

40. LizAshlee says:

All of these look like great ideas!!

41. I want to try the hummus cookie dip, but I’m scared! Lol. Does it have a hummus taste? Or is it sweet?

42. Hi there, these recipes look like fun, but would you mind balancing it out with some savory dishes or snacks? Maybe it’s just me, but I need a break from the sweets once in a while…

1. Maybe I need to do another post? You’re right; Super Bowl is really not dessert-focused.

1. Nothing wrong with a good dessert spread, but savory dishes are half the fun!

43. This is so perfect!!! I was just informed everyone will be coming to my house for Super Bowl…yes thanks to the boyfriend who invited EVERYONE without asking me..haha I have been stressing on what fun things I could make with football themed! These will be so great! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

44. You can come over to my house for the super bowl. :)