Nutella Cookies?

Can I interest you in a Nutella cookie?

cooking mess

No takers?

I can’t imagine why…

cooking mess

Are you sure???

All joking aside, I’d hoped to give you a Nutella cookie recipe today. After all, it’s World Nutella Day! But as you can see, this cookie recipe = a major fail. Major. If anyone was under the impression that my recipe experiments always work out on the first try, let the above photos stand as evidence to the contrary Confused smile.

It often takes me two or three (or four or five!) tries before I get something worthy of posting on the site. So I won’t give up on that Nutella cookie recipe yet. Hopefully the next batch you see will look a heckuva lot better than these! (They couldn’t look worse, right?) In the meantime…

healthy-nutella

Do try this recipe: Healthy Chocolate Nutella.

It’s really quick and easy, much better for you than regular Nutella… and it tastes way better, too! Just don’t turn it into cookies. Trust me. Winking smile

Question of the Day:

Have you had any recipe failures recently?

Tomorrow, I promise to give you a recipe that is not a failure. I’m just deciding which one to post first: Triple Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate-Chip Love Cookies, Raspberry Truffle Ice Cream…

1. Claire says:

Sadly, I love Nutella enough that I am interested in those cookies :). Cant wait for the successful recipe!!

2. I sometimes don’t think people know how much work goes into getting a great post ready to post! ….Even if this recipe isn’t where it needs to be yet, you’ll get there! 🙂 Happy Sunday!

3. Denise says:

I like the concept! Keep creating your beautiful food stuffs Kate, they inspire and delight 😀

4. Jessica says:

Aww, thanks for sharing the cookie photo, now I feel less bad when I have recipes that don’t turn out either. It happens to everyone and its comforting that you shared it here.

I’ll love anything that you post tomorrow, but I’m definitely looking forward to the Triple Chocolate Mousse. Everything I’ve tried on your site has been delicious, but mousse is one of my favourite desserts and I’ve love a healthy, dairy-free recipe from a good source!

5. Alan Kleesattel says:

hehehe, they don’t look TOO bad, actually in all honesty they look okay. Don’t give up. Did you try them though?!?!?!? How did they taste?

1. I did… unfortunately, they tasted super-sticky… and a little bit burnt!

6. Michelle says:

I hate when recipes fail…yesterday I kinda failed at your granola bar one but I knew I didn’t put enough agave I think and time was a minute too long…ugh my hubby still usually eats things but I get so mad at myself…silly I kno. I kno you put a lot of work perfecting your recipes…we really appreciate it 😉

7. Georgia says:

i’m looking forward to the next batch!

georgia

8. Emma says:

Chocolate raspberry ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Ashley says:

triple chocolate mousse for sure!

10. Michaela says:

Usually, I am pretty lucky when it comes to creating new recipes.
    However, the last time I made hummus, I added too much liquid and then decided I could make hummus patties and simply added oats and grated carrots to the mixture. They turned out wonderfully and everybody asked for the recipe 😉
    But your cookies… I hope they at least tasted good 😀
    And I cannot wait to see you on TV, that is soooooooo exciting!

11. I’d at least taste the flops 😉 I had a pnb cookie disaster over the holidays, so I rolled the mushy baked cookies into a ball and froze them for nibbling. The sugar was burnt, so the flavor wasn’t that great, but it kind of grew on me. LOL

12. Erin says:

I would still eat those; i’m sure they taste better than they look. 😉 For tomorrow, I vote either mousse or the cookies.

13. Aja says:

I can’t wait for the successful recipe. Keep working at it! 🙂
    I vote for the cookies.

14. I bet that still taste delicious anyway! Thanks for your honesty, you are a cool chick!

15. I have been trying to make gluten free, healthier lemon drizzle cupcakes all weekend with sad, soggy results, so your post made me smile. Great to share the flops as well as the fab!

16. Mich says:

It took my sis and I 3 tries to get Nutella cookies right. In the end we realized they only need to be in the oven for 4-5 minutes, or they’ll end up breaking your teeth. :/ Good luck with your recipe!!

17. Steph says:

Ummm that actually looks really good. Can I have the whole pan and call it one giant cookie?

18. Well, I failed macarons for the 6th time today. Urggghh! If there aren’t any failures, success wouldn’t mean anything! 😀

19. emma says:

I love that you posted a failed recipe – imperfections make people more endearing to me 🙂 And I already think you’re fab…..and now you’re fabber!! 🙂

20. Amber K says:

I had a major flop just today. I made a bean dip I found online. While their bean dip came out thick and like refried beans, mine came out like bean soup. If anything I cut back on the amount of liquid they added, so I have no clue what happened!