My Television Debut

chocolate covered katie cookie pie

Woke up really early Friday.

I couldn’t sleep; I was too eager for the television feature.

(If I’ve been talking about it way too much, please forgive me! I’m just so excited!) And so I went for a run in the dark (in shorts, because it was an insanely-warm 63 degrees. Last year at this time, we were under almost a foot of snow and ice!).

apple-pie-pancakes

Post-run breakfast was amazing: Apple Pie Pancakes.

These pancakes really do taste like you’re eating an actual slice of apple pie! I usually make pancakes up in bulk and freeze leftovers so I don’t have to cook when I’m in a rush. And Friday I was definitely in a rush, needing to shower, change, and drive to my parents’ house where the news crew would be filming. (The kitchen in my condo is tiny, so I decided it’d be better to film in their kitchen.)

chocolate covered katie cookie pie

I listened to everyone’s suggestions to keep it simple, stay away from white and red, and wear something that reflects the upbeat tone of my blog (hence the frilly Anthropologie apron).

Deciding what to make on tv was a no-brainer:

vegan-cookie-cake_3

………………………………….Chocolate-Chip Cookie Cake

The entire filming process took less than an hour, and Shelly Slater (the news reporter) was so incredibly nice. I completely forgot to feel nervous… although now I’m apprehensive, waiting for the feature to air!

If you’re in the area surrounding Dallas/Ft. Worth, or even Oklahoma, you can see the story on Channel 8’s 5 o’clock news tonight. (I’m nervous telling you all this, because I haven’t seen it yet. I really hope I don’t look ridiculous on live tv!)

Question of the Day:

If you had the chance to cook on tv, what ONE dish would you make?

I thought about making my Hot Chocolate Fudge Bites.

But somehow, a cookie pie seems much more fancy-schmancy. Maybe I’ll make hot chocolate fudge bites when I have my own television show ;).

Dream…

1. I think the chocolate-chip cookie cake was the perfect recipe to choose for the TV segment! I’ve made it twice now and it’s gotten rave reviews both times 🙂 I don’t live in your area but I hope the segment will be online because I’d love to watch it!

2. Jo says:

Woah Katie, has anyone ever told you how incredibly GORGEOUS you are?

1. Jo says:

Oh and I love the apron too! Anthropologie has the best stuff! 🙂

3. Renee H says:

What is the station? Sometimes you can watch newscasts online. Those of us who don’t live in Dallas would love to see your debut! (By the way, you definitely could have your own cooking show.)

4. Kate says:

congratulations thats so amazing youll have to post a link once it airs im sure you will be amazing!!

5. Kayla says:

What channel will it be on tonight? I’d love to watch since I live here in Dallas and tried that recipe last week for dinner. Delish!

1. channel 8! I’m so nervous!!

6. Rachel says:

Awww Congrats! Love the apron & choice of baking. I would SO watch your TV show if you had one. I’ve been vegan for almost a year, and bake from your recipes all the time – my family loves everything! Thank you 🙂

7. I’m so glad it went well, you look adorable! I’d probably make something Mexican – my favorite go-to meal.

8. Christine says:

Ack! So excited! Made the Apple Pie pancakes this morning and they were so good! I have my DVR set to record, in case I am busy. Can’t wait to see your debut!

9. That’s such a cool opportunity! Congrats to you!

If I had to choose one thing to cook on TV… maybe my chocolate zucchini muffins. They have a vegan and GF option and who doesn’t like chocolate?! 😉

10. Anne says:

wonderful!!! how exciting and amazing to be featured!! I love reading your blog and trying your ideas 🙂

11. clare @ fittingitallin says:

Oh I wish I had known so I could have set the DVR! Maybe I’ll be home in time to watch. I’m sure it’ll be great!

12. Sarahishealthy says:

Good luck!!! You look beautiful!

I would definitely watch a CCK cooking show. Food Network, take note! 😉

13. Love the apron! Wish I was in the area, maybe it could be found online to view it?

14. Jennifer says:

YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR OWN TELEVISION SHOW.

15. Jordan says:

I am sure you did so great! LOVE your apron!

16. Congrats, Katie!! It’s awesome to see someone spreading the joy of veganism out there 🙂 That cake is awesome and everyone loves it everytime I make it!!

17. That’s so awesome! I love your apron…so at least you can know you looked cute! 🙂

I am nervous for you…or maybe just nervous thinking what it would be like to be filmed for television. You should find out if there is a link online we can watch!

18. This is so awesome Katie. Good choice for the shirt and apron too.

I wish I was down in TX so I could watch. I’m sure you were great.

Congratulations!

19. ohh I hope it airs online, I’d love to see it!

20. Brenda says:

I am sure that you did amazing! Congratulations!