Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Homemade Chocolate Bunnies

bunny hop

I made chocolate bunnies!

Shhh… they’re actually healthy chocolate bunnies.

Here, let me introduce you. This is Simon:

homemade chocolate bunnies

Yes, I named him.

Right before I bit his head off.

Morbid. 😕

my butt hurts what

My recipe:

Click here for the recipe.

Oh, and the guy in the middle is not made of white chocolate. (Blech! White chocolate!) He’s made of coconut butter. For both the chocolate and coconut bunnies, you’ll need to keep leftovers in the freezer. (Snow bunnies?) If you’d prefer homemade chocolate Easter bunnies that keep their shape at room temp, simply melt your favorite chocolate chips and pour that into your bunny chocolate molds.

chocolate bunnies

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Janae says:

I was born on Easter (my birthday is tomorrow) so I’ve always gotten a stuffed Easter bunny for my birthday and/or a Easter. That’s what I’d like.

2. Marissa says:

I would love it if the Easter bunny gave me some chocolate and a nice break from stress!

3. A says:

I just want to enjoy a few days with my family in the sunshine – i haven’t seen them in so very long and I can’t wait to just have a good visit and lots of hugs, laughs, and fun!

4. Melanie says:

For Easter I want a chocolate bunny and molds!:)

5. allison says:

I would like a Starbucks gift card so I can get all the Passion Tea I want! obsessed with that stuff!

6. Yuki says:

I want chocolate chip cookies!!

7. Lauren says:

vegan chocolate.

8. Cheryl says:

High quality chocolate please!!! :) I also know that the Easter Bunny can’t grant this, but I would like her to bring my sister her voice back (she has dystonia) and has been w/o a voice for over a year.

9. Ashley says:

I want a peanut butter filled chocolate bunny!

10. Bettina says:

I want chocolate, of course!

11. Shae says:

I want chocolate Easter bunnies!

12. Maddy says:

I want a chocolate bunny mold 😉

13. Ash says:

Easter has always and should forever = a lot of Chocolate.
    What else? One shouldn’t mess with perfection. So I would love some raw dark chocolate this year please Mr. Bunny :)

14. MamaK says:

I want the Easter bunny to pay my bills. Does he do that? 😀

15. Chuck says:

I want my garden to actually feed me this year!

16. Ulli Riebl says:

I want the Easter Bunny to bring me some time with my family and my fiancé, as we don’t get too much of it lately! 😉

17. Cadry says:

I’d love some sea salt vegan caramels from the Easter Bunny… and a cute bunny mold!

18. What I want for Easter? I guess just a peace amongst the chaos that surrounds my family (and my bro in law a job would rock too)…but otherwise, what other thing can a women really want on Easter, or any other holiday for that matter, besides Chocolate!

I’m not picky though, milk, white, dark are all awesome-although the dark is my favorite!

Have a blessed holiday!

19. kaytee says:

I just want chocolate!!!

20. Francesca says:

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Eggs! Anything chocolate and peanut butter! Love the bunnies. I’d love to make them for my 1 year old nephew.

21. Andrea says:

What do I want from the Easter Bunny? This chocolate mold! :)

22. Alina says:

From the Easter Bunny, I want the thesis for my diploma to be ready (and good)!

23. Tiffany says:

I want the Easter bunny to whiz us though the next few months, when we might be moving!! So stressful, especially the not knowing!

24. Jamie says:

I want a smaller waist – but the diet needs to include lots of chocolate!

25. Katie Eisenhour says:

I want the Easter bunny to bring healthy snacks….and a little candy for those special moments!

26. Libby says:

I want to be able to drink milk again! (my breastfeeding son is sensitive to it)

27. Rachel says:

You crack me up! Love the site. After 15 years of staying home to help raise our boys I am heading back to school! I am leaving my engineering career behind to become an elementary school teacher and I am so excited I am bouncing in my chair as I type this. So….for Easter (which is also my birthday this year) I REALLY want my financial aid package to come through. I know, boring right. Sad but true.

Thanks for the great posts. Keep ’em coming!

28. Julie Roberts says:

I want love to come and gush over me like melted chocolate!

29. Nicole says:

I want my own house so my kids don’t have to keep sharing a room anymore and we can get out of this scary neighborhood! But I don’t think the bunny will be bringing that. :(

30. LizAshlee says:

No way, you totally outdid yourself..chocolate bunnies!!

31. Sarah says:

Dear Easter Bunny, among the more probable things I’d like (read: love) to get is a Vitamix and some vegan chocolate. I only have a (weak) hand blender, and I can’t even get my chocolate fix now that I’ve had to give up all milk since all the chocolate I can find in the stores have some kind of milk in them. I’d also love you forever if you gave me lots and lots of fruit and carrots because my bank account is beginning to look kind of empty, and despite all I’ve eaten I still keep getting hungry. 😉 Oh, and if you’re busy I’d be more than happy if you could give me money to get all this myself.

On a more serious note, I just love your blog Katie! I’ve only been reading your blog for a few weeks, but you’ve already inspired me a LOT. I’m not (yet?) vegan, but I eat vegan most days anyway. You’ve even inspired me to try running again. 😀 Just wanted to say a big thank you! And sorry for the long post.

32. Renee' says:

I would love an Easter basket full of your Fudge Babies, some chocolate Easter Bunnies, hmmm cripsy easter bunnies, peanut butter filled easter bunnies and a giant Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie PIE!!!! Crap, now I have to go make some desserts lol

33. Jordan D. says:

Obviously I’d want a healthy chocolate bunny for Easter!

34. Adorable! I just want a safe flight from the Easter bunny–my hubby and I are flying over the holiday!

35. Catherine says:

I want Coconut Cream Pie Laura Bars!!! yummm :)

36. cindy says:

I want the gift of health, to be healed from MS.

37. Shari says:

I would like a coconut oil chocolate bunny for Easter this year.

38. Dalores says:

healthy chocolate! The chocolate bunny molds would be fantastic!

39. Just found your blog, and it’s such fun! I would love a bunny mold, so here’s my Easter wish: a unit of lovely mushroom compost, delivered to my driveway. For you non-gardeners, that’s composted horse manure and wood chips, and it makes the garden fabulous! A couple of years ago I ordered the same amount, and it surprised me by being the size of a VW. Had to put a sign out: “$2 / wheelbarrow, drop $ in mail slot”. Worked like a charm, met a whole slew of lovely neighbors, and now my garden needs a bit more mulch. But I would use the bunny molds for actual chocolate.

40. Loretta says:

I want my family to be happily settled and my husband to find a job that he loves. Also, a little chocolate wouldn’t hurt.

41. i want Easter Bunny to bring my whole family here to my apartment room, since i lived abroad for almost a year without seeing them. And i’m TERRIBLY homesick :(

42. MaCee says:

I want mini cadbury eggs from the Easter bunny. They are my absolute favorite ever. Mmmmm

43. Shelly Moe says:

I love Cadbury Eggs. I told my hubby that if he buys these, he can only buy one. I have no will-power when it comes to these.

Katie – I think you should work on a recipe for these next. :)

Keep up the great work! I’m lovin’ your recipes!

44. Julie says:

For Easter this year, I would like peace and quiet as well as time with my husband and baby girl. :0)

45. Amanda Posey says:

Hi Katie!

I would like electric hand mixer for Easter!

46. Jordan-FoodFanatic says:

For Easter I want a big chocolate egg, with home made cookie dough truffles inside yum!!

47. shannon says:

I want a PB Chocolate iced frappe recipes please!!!

48. Kelsey Lange says:

I want the Easter bunny to bring me some new sneaks!!

49. M. R. says:

I would like to have sunny, beautiful weather and enjoy my children getting Easter presents, finding eggs, then enjoying a Resurrection service!

50. denise suender says:

HI, Would love to get your
    “bunny molds” and make some for both my grandchildren who have peanut allergies and I have not been able to find anyone who makes allergy free rabbits. They have never been able to have a “Easter Rabbit” and would like to make them for them even if it is after Easter.

Please respond – Thanks, Denise

51. Camille says:

I want those chocolate bunny molds! But with chocolate bunnies in them already too hehe

You’re such a sweetie with these giveaways!

52. Chris says:

For Easter I want to make healthy treats for my kids and nieces =)

53. Kate says:

I want a GIANT basket full of all kinds of chocolates! Rapberry chocolate, orange chocolate, mint chocolate, chocolate bunnies, hazelnut chocolate, peanut butter chocolate, and of course all healthy too! But really, I hope that I atleast get ONE chocolate from someone, that`d make me happy enough =).

54. Laura says:

Wow, look at all your comments/traffic! I would like the Easter bunny to bring me a spa day. Since that’s highly unlikely, I’d settle for some of those awesome bunny molds! :-)

55. Chloe says:

I want some jocolat bars…that’s on all my lists though!

56. Catherine says:

I want coconut cream laura bars from the easter bunny!!! yummm :)

57. Cari says:

I’d love to get some pretzel M&M’s and a new book from the Easter bunny :)

58. Merry says:

I love the big coconut cream eggs that have a sugar flower on top. :)

59. kat says:

mmmm chocolate… :)

60. Christine says:

I want chocolate covered peanut butter eggs, my favorite combo. Although, chocolate covered coffee beans are a close second. Come on Easter bunny, you better deliver!

61. BH says:

I want to make them for my daughter who is down with a bad back and trying to lose weight for her wedding.

62. Amy says:

I want lots of vegan goodies!

63. Liz says:

I want some chocolate, of course, and will take any other candy offered.

64. Patricia says:

These are SO cute! Personally, I would LOVE a vegan white-chocolate rabbit! :) I love white chocolate. It’s so hard to find vegan white chocolate (at least where I am) but every now and then I order some. Did you add sugar/sweetener to the coconut butter/oil rabbit, or it is just straight coconut? I can’t find coconut butter where I live, but I can get coconut oil really easily. I’m just not sure that a coconut-oil rabbit would taste very good :(
    I am going to be doing some blog entries this week on Easter-candy themes: vegan peanut butter cups/eggs, and vegan Cadbury eggs – YUM!

1. It’s just coconut lol.
      But yeah, I’m with you… I don’t think a coconut oil rabbit would be good! But you could always add a little agave or stevia drops (and optionally, some peanut butter) and then it would be good!

65. Jennifer says:

Dear Easter Bunny:

Please bring me a pair of pants that make me feel 10lbs lighter!

66. Amy Kowbuz says:

Cadbury Creme Eggs!

67. Kim says:

I want bunny pans for Easter :) I’m excited to try your chocolate bar recipe.. I think I am gonna throw in Easter baskets and see if anyone notices… But mostly I want to keep them for myself.

68. Laura says:

I’ve been craving gummy bears…vegan gummy bears. :)

69. Bobbi says:

My student loans paid off!! Oh wait…I don’t think the easter bunny works that way. Maybe just a big basket of dark chocolate! :)

70. Dominique Lapierre says:

I’m currently on exchange in France ,what I’d like from the easter bunny is my mom’s cooking !

71. Crystal says:

I want CHOCOLATE. That will do. :)

72. Maggie Hammond says:

I want the sun to shine on Easter so the kids can enjoy an outdoor egghunt.
    PS Maybe the Easter Bunny can leave the Mama a Trifle bowl, she’s always wanted one 😉

73. Michaela says:

You know how you can tell the difference between male & female chocolate bunnies? The males are the ones w/the hollow heads. 😉 Thanks for your great blog. A friend recommended it at our First Place 4 Health Bible Study Group (sort of like a Christian Weight Watchers). I just checked it out, plan to recommend it to the rest of the group, have already recommended it to a relative w/a fairly new vegan blog, & plan to recommend it to my Make a Note Facebook Fan page fans as well. Thanks for sharing with us! :-)

74. Tammigirl says:

The Easter Bunny could drop off great big basket with the kitchen island of my dreams! Now THAT would be some Easter basket!

I could settle for a nice lunch.

75. Becky says:

For Easter, I would like for people to remember the real reason we are celebrating – Jesus rising from the grave! I would also LOVE for someone to drop 5 nicely-filled Easter baskets in my lap, so I won’t have to make them this year! :)

76. Debbie P. says:

I want Easter bunny to bring me all kinds of vegan goodies, especially chocolate!

77. Heleen says:

For Easter this year I would like to receive some courage .

78. sara says:

I want…some fun new-to-me grocery treats!

79. Karina says:

I wish the Easter bunny would bring me some chocolate-covered cashews.

80. Jenna Heuchert says:

I want Brach’s jelly beans!

81. katherine c says:

I want the easter bunny to bring me some pretty flowers and some rain. Boy we need some rain right now.

82. Katherine says:

I’d like a little sunshine to make it feel “Springish.” Of course, I could also do with some chocolate eggs!

83. Emma says:

I want socks :) and lots of fruit. Yea… Im kinda weird…. 😀

84. ashley says:

I want more fabulous low calorie chocolate recipes from you. You don’t even KNOW how much easier you’re making my diet! Bunnies?! YES!

85. Brenda says:

I would like the bunny in my backyard to be chocolate so he would stop eating my flowers!!

86. Audrey R says:

This year from the easter bunny I’d like some nice dark chocolate and a challenging easter egg hunt. You’re never to old for them!

87. Talia says:

A healthy basket full of fresh veggies! And a juicer and an Iphone :)

88. Macy says:

I want the easter bunny to bring me so much chocolate it will take months to eat it all…thats alot of chocolate too, i like to eat it daily :)

89. I’m happy with an Easter Egg!

90. dsuender says:

PLease stop sending me E-mails! Remove my address, Getting to many each day! NO LONGER INTERESTED!

91. jen de jong says:

I hope the Easter bunny landscapes our new house. Right now we have a big sandbox! (My son is allergic to dairy, so I’d love to be able to make him a chocolate bunny)

92. Jackie says:

I want my father to recover from his hip replacement surgery so he can finally get a kidney transplant and come home.

93. Anonymous says:

I just made some it is in the freezer .

94. Abi P says:

I want him to stop tempting me with with sweets so I can finally lose these 10 lbs! :)

95. Abi P says:

I want him to stop tempting me with sweets so I can lose these 10 lbs already! :)

96. Mary says:

Dark chocolate — and a lot of it :)

97. Colette says:

I would love to find your macaroon chicks, carrot cake for one, and chocolate healthy bunnies all nestled in some vintage pyrex in my easter basket.

98. I’ve never been a huge fan of chocolate bunnies (too sweet), but these are adorable!

99. Katie! You don’t like white chocolate?! I actually love it the odd time…like right now because I haven’t had it in so long! I’ll forgive you for not liking it one day 😉

100. Deb Bielawski says:

Hi, do you have the recipe for the coconut bunnies too?

1. It is actually just coconut butter! But if you’re not a fan of straight-up coconut butter, you can mix in a little sweetener (maple syrup, agave, stevia, sugar, etc.) as well. :)

101. Jessica says:

How can you not like white chocolate?!?!? white chocolate is the best kind of chocolate there is!!!