Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Healthy Fathers Day Recipes

Happy Father’s Day! This morning, I’m baking a loaf of my Peanut Butter Bread.

My dad is driving over for brunch in a few hours (so really, lunch), and I’m cooking an Asian-themed stir fry, the aforementioned peanut butter bread, and dessert.

What do women men want?

In terms of food, it turns out they want burgers. If you search “guy food” on google images, it’s pretty much exclusively burgers and steaks. And quite a few photos of Guy Fieri from The Food Network. So I shut off the computer and went straight to the source: I asked around, and all of the guys I know seem to be really keen on pie for some reason. Therefore, this healthy Fathers Day recipes round-up will be filled with pie.

But no Guy Fieri.

I think I’ve seen enough pictures of him to last a lifetime.

guy food

Chocolate-Pumpkin Pizookie

fathers day desserts

Mint-Chocolate Fudge Pie

breakfast in bed

Banana Breakfast Doughnuts

Okay, not pie. But a good option for breakfast in bed!

healthy pecan pie

Healthy Chocolate Pecan Pie

for dad

Chocolate-Chip Cookie Pops

Pops for pop! Sorry for the lame pun. I couldn’t resist.

dad desserts

Hamburger Whoopie Pies

Ooh look, I did manage to fit burgers into this post!

brownie batter

Chocolate Brownie Batter Dip

fathers day breakfast

Almond Joy Biscuits

Do you take after your dad at all?

My dad and I don’t really look alike, but we do share a love of linguistics, athletics, politics, and debate. I definitely didn’t inherit his tastebuds: he likes spicy food and couldn’t care less about dessert. He goes days without eating any chocolate whatsoever!

1. My father and I are way to much alike! Except for the whole health food fanatic/always in the kitchen side of me!

2. Tricia says:

Those look amazing 🙂 i have my dad’s dark, thick hair, but other than that I look mostly like my mom. My dad and i also share a love of learning new things… And almondmilk 🙂

3. Katie says:

All the guys of the world must’ve gone to a secret meeting and decided to ask for pies, because that’s exactly the thing we’re making! All the wives are bringing a pie for their husband to our church this morning. But it gave me a chance to use my expert pastry skills (or lackthereof) and even though I’m not married I just totally nailed a Banana Cream Pie on the first try. YES!
    -Love the burger whoopie pies! Katie 🙂

4. Ahhh, you and your Dad are so cute and the recipes look amazing!!!

5. teabagginit says:

you and your dad look so happy! 🙂 love the guy food! i take after my step-dad’s personality and lifestyle – never be inside when you can be out, never be still when you can be moving!

6. Juliana says:

Great picture! And funny – I was wanting to make peanut butter bread for my dad, too!
    And my dad and I are so alike – it’s clear we’re related, and our personalities are nearly identical.

7. Alanna says:

Lol on Guy Fieri. My Dad and I are so much alike for a lot of things (science, sci-fi, movies, piano and classical music, singing, practicality, night owls, hate spicy food and love desserts), but fairly different on choices of regular foods. I try to eat healthy and am more adventurous in my selections, and he prefers the unhealthy stuff and is more of a meat and potatoes kinda guy (no ethnic food, unless you count Italian, haha). But usually if I don’t tell him something is healthy, he’ll eat it and like it. 🙂

8. i take after my dad’s randomness and creative streak! he also got on board with a vegan diet after seeing how much of a difference it made to me…so we also share a lot on the food front. However i haven’t been able to make anything in the kitchen this Father’s Day even though i had loads planned as i’ve been laid up with a trapped nerve in my shoulder….soooo painful 🙂 i’ve really missed experiementing and so can’t wait to get better as i hate not being able to make food! Enjoy your day. x

9. Kathy C. says:

Is your stir fry recipe on your blog? 🙂 That would be a great choice for dinner tonight. 🙂
    My Dad and I both LOVE chocolate…sigh. He is diabetic, so I try to make him treats every now and again that are delicious and “safe”. 🙂

Thanks for all your incredible recipes!

1. It’s not… I just threw things together and didn’t really follow a recipe. I hate measuring ;).

10. I have my dad’s eyes 🙂

My dad and I like very similar food: mostly international foods. The only place where we really differ in food is that he loves wine, and I really don’t like alcohol at all.

11. Nancy says:

In this picture, you REALLY look like your dad! The nose, the shape of the eyebrows, shape of your face, even your smile! Perhaps your eyes are your mom’s? LOL, sometimes when it’s you it’s hard to see it!

1. jeanne says:

This is
      what I was going to say! I saw a pic of your Mom and thought you didn’t look anything like her…then I saw your Dad! You are the spitting image of him…in a much prettier, more feminine way 🙂

12. Erin says:

Love the photo of you and your dad 😀

I don’t mean to be a grammar nazi… but it should be he *couldn’t* care less about desserts, not he could care less.

1. LOL yeah you’re right! Shame on me; I’m usually good about that ;).

13. sounds like you’ll be having a wonderful afternoon! yay:) all your recipes look delicious! thanks for sharing!

14. Ruth says:

I don’t know if you noticed but the photo of your Almond Joy Biscuits has a heart in it. I don’t know if it’s intentional or not but it’s cute!

1. Samantha says:

Thanks for pointing that out! That is cute!

15. Anonymous says:

Hello! When posting a recipe round-up for a special occasion, I think it makes more sense to post a few days in advance of the day so that readers are able to plan and prep in advance, as opposed to posting on the day of…when everyone will be out celebrating! Great photos! K

1. I’m really sorry about that :(. The day snuck up on me! I was actually scrambling to write this post yesterday.

16. Aja says:

I want to eat all that food! I hope you have a nice father’s day with your dad.

17. Elizabeth says:

I think you look exactly like your dad! Before I read your post, I thought, “wow, she really looks like her dad.” My dad and I are kindred spirits — linguistics, eytmology, no athletics, and same temperament in general. He can, however, be more rational than I am sometimes. 🙂

18. Kaila @healthyhelperblog! says:

My dad is a peanut butter fiend!! He would totally go nuts for a whole loaf of bread flavored with it!!

19. Barbara says:

It’s easy to see where you get your good looks! You have your handsome Daddy’s smile and beautiful teeth, and you even have his eyebrows! Yours are just well-tamed, and his are manly, but they are the same shape. I’ll bet he dotes on you, as he should!

20. Samantha says:

You guys are so cute together. Your peanut butter bread was one of the stars at my latest bake sale.

I hope your recipe turns out tonight! 🙂 Have a great day.