12 Healthy Recipes for the Fourth of July

Happy (almost) Fourth of July!

Fourth of July Dessert Recipes

Here are 12 healthy desserts perfect for any July Fourth party:

Fourth of July chocolate chip cookies

Healthy Chocolate-Chip Cookies

fourth of July dessert dip

Snickerdoodle Cookie Dip

True, it’s not red-white-and-blue themed. But any of my cookie dough dips are a big hit at parties… and I just couldn’t bring myself to include the chocolate-chip version yet again. My regular readers are probably sick of seeing it so often!

Fourth of July blueberry muffin

Single-Serving Blueberry Muffins

Fourth of July lemon desserts

Healthy Lemon Squares

fourth of July blueberry cupcakes

Chocolate-Blueberry Cupcakes

fourth of july strawberry dessert

Strawberry Shortcake (single-serving)

fourth of July whipped cream

Whipped Cream (coconut-free version)

Fourth of July Recipes

Cream-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes

cherry

Cherry Crumble Bars

Fourth of July Cupcake

Stuffed Breakfast Cupcakes

healthy chocolate chip cookie pie

Sugar-Free Chocolate Cookie Pie

Obviously the non-sugar-free version would be great too. But just as with the cookie dough dip, I’m not linking it because I’m afraid my regular readers see it in their sleep for how often I mention that darn thing!

fourth of July desserts

Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats

Question of the Day:

Where will you be for Fourth of July?

Or, for non-US readers: When is your country’s independence day?

1. Ahhh I wish I could eat those lemon squares! Stupid soy intolerance… haha

1. I’ve been working on a soy-free version for you!
      So far, I think vanilla or plain yogurt will work if you just add a little extra cornstarch or arrowroot. (I used Wholesoy, but I’ll try SoDelicious coconut yogurt next time.)
      Don’t add too much cornstarch/arrowroot, though, or it’ll be pasty.

1. oh bless you! Haha I LOVE lemon squares and haven’t had one in ages! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

2. my husband and i will just be at home since my in-laws are in town. i’m sure we will barbecue and do something fun!

3. Swimming, lots of swimming. Family, food, & hopefully a few games of croquet.

(those faux hostess cupcakes look fantastic.)

Happy 4th, Katie!

4. Emily M. says:

katie, have you ever thought of writing a cookbook? you have SO MANY amazing ideas and recipes that i feel like it would be a bestseller!

1. Honeybird says:

Hey Emily,
      She’s already on to that! Read a few posts back 😉

1. Emily M. says:

AH ok yay! im so glad!

5. Lemon squares are next on my list to try – your recipes are always a hit!

6. PK says:

Australia doesn’t have an Independence day – we still officially belong to England/the UK, just like Canada. We have an Australia Day (just like Canada Day) on January 26 (around midsummer for us), when my state (Western Australia) has a massive fireworks (which are illegal for us to actually buy, so this is the only chance we get all year, pretty much) display in our state capital, Perth for everyone to attend (called Skyworks). It’s really cool 🙂 Other states also have various celebrations on Australia Day, but the biggest thing is having a barbecue (outside grilling), getting together with mates (friends and family), having a beer (or one’s favourite drink, not necessarily alcoholic) and having a great time – all quintessentially Australian things 🙂

Love your blog, and can’t wait to see the new cookbook 😉 Love that many of your recipes are gluten free as well as vegan 😀

7. Dee says:

Happy 4th of July, Katie! I wish I could be there to see the spectacular fireworks you have this time of year. And dont get me started on the food, blueberries and strawberries never looked so darn tempting!!!

We have our Independence Day on August 15th here in India, but it is a somber holiday and we really dont “celebrate” in the true sense of the word. For me, it’s just another reason to eat the chocolate I was going to eat anyway 😉

8. Ida says:

Love all of your cookie dough and blondie stuff, they would still make me hungry even if they were in every single post!

Norway has a constitutional day rather than an independence day, which we celebrate on the 17th May with children’s parades all over the country (a huge one in the capital Oslo) where we sing Norwegian traditional songs and the school bands play. The lucky people who own national costumes of course wear those, and we eat tons of ice cream and hot dogs (or the veg(etari)an equivalent). It is quite possibly my favourite day of the entire year, and I know quite a few people travel from neighbouring countries to watch the festivites 🙂

Have a great 4th July!

9. Mackenzie says:

‘Up’ here in Canada, our independance day was on sunday, july 1st. But I don’t think we go as a lot as americans do!!!!

10. Yum! Those lemon squares look particularly tempting! Hope you have a great 4th!

11. Kelly says:

Such a great round-up, everything looks amazing and so festive! 🙂

12. Kat says:

I will be working. No party and no Fireworks for me. And I don’t get time and a half either.

13. Stuffed Breakfast Cupcakes are definitely on the list now!

14. I’ll be cramming for an organic chemistry exam! I have to say, one thing I enjoyed about the lack of classes (short and sweet while it lasted) was having tons of free time in the day to make whatever cck recipe sounded appealing that day. We became pretty good friends for the past month, even though being friends with a recipe may not be a thing normal people do..

15. I vote for the lemon squares! They were DELICIOUS 🙂

16. felicia says:

off topic but did you mention the vitamix winner yet? 🙂

17. I’ve still been meaning to make those healthy lemon squares of yours for ages!

Up here in Canada it’s Canada Day which is July 1st – also my birthday. So I just celebrated twice! I’m actually from the Cayman Islands, where Constitution Day is the first Monday in July, so that was yesterday. True story: I was born on Monday, July 1st in Cayman, which was Constitution Day that year. So I was born on Constitution Day AND Canada Day – I swear, I was destined to live in both Cayman and Canada!

18. It's Carmen says:

I want a lemon square, please! Or maybe I’ll just have to make them myself! 😀

19. Here in Germany, we don’t have an Independece Day. Instead we celebrate the reunion of East and West Germany on October 3rd. It’s a rather low-key day, though, not a big party.
    Anyway, happy 4th of July to you!

20. Moni Meals says:

Man, I’ll take one of each please!! 🙂 Katie have a great Fourth of July!