Brand New Foodie Finds!

New Products!

(Disclaimer: I purchased all of the following products with my own money and have no affiliation with any of the companies.)

For even more new products, be sure to check out the New Product Alerts page.

vegan greek yogurt

Brand new Greek yogurts from everyone’s favorite dairy-free company, So Delicious. These almond milk Greek yogurts are soy-free, dairy-free, and coconut-free. They come in berry flavors as well, but I only purchased the chocolate and vanilla. Both were tart, yet slightly-sweet, with a custard-like texture.

fair trade chocolate

One of my favorite (fair-trade!) chocolate companies has just introduced a coconut-flavored chocolate bar. The Sweet Riot Dark Chocolate Kickin’ Coconut bar is delicious! Soft dark chocolate, with sweet coconut shreds in every bite.

Love in a wrapper.

kit bars

New from Clif Bar: Kit’s Organic Fruit and Nut Bars. Imagine a Larabar, but with a higher nut-to-date ratio (so more rich and less sweet). The chocolate flavor tasted almost like a cocoa macaroon. (I actually only bought the chocolate and peanut butter ones. Sorry, but berry-flavored snack bars just don’t interest me!)

Link of the Day:

smores whoopie pies

Mini S’mores Pies

1. Kendra says:

First of all, I would like to say that I absolutely LOVE reading your blog; you always come up with such creative and delicious recipes, and have given me such inspiration in my cooking endeavors:) Your photos are also great, and give me a clear idea of what the finished product will look like (though taste is more important to me than looks, of course:D) I just started my own blog, and I hope that you will be able to check it out at some point if you have the time! I have a feeling I will be linking back to many of your recipes, as I did in my first post:D Oh, and those new almond milk yogurts look amazing; I will have to check the Whole Foods near us to see if they carry them!

1. There are only soy yogurts in this country. Most of the time from just a single brand! I’d love to try almond!

2. cindy says:

so weird that I didn’t even notice that you said that on Thursday’s post! Anyways, i love the sweetriot chocolate covered cacao nibs…. so I’m looking forward to trying the bar 🙂

Thanks Katie!

3. Charla says:

Katie, I rarely comment on your posts (I rarely comment on ANYONE’S posts, not just yours), but I have to this time. I’ve gotta say it sounds like people are just twisting your words around (positive words, at that!) and making them into something negative. And in this case, it sounds like people are making a big deal about something you literally didn’t say! Your blog is amazing, and anyone who is a regular reader hopefully knows good and well that you wouldn’t post anything that should be taken that way. Keep doin’ what you do, girl – you’re good at it. 🙂

1. Lynnette says:

Well, you know what I think? People who get their knickers in a twist just need a good orgasm. Oops, did I say that in my outdoor voice? Love this little blog…

4. Danielle says:

I don’t think your post was offensive at all. I think rich desserts, even at a party, make a lot of people feel guilty. Having a healthy dessert there can be a relief.

1. Michele says:

Yes that is so true; many people do feel guilty after eating treats and that is why this blog is such a hit! I think it’s wonderful that you are sensitive to what people say but I hope you don’t feel badly about it, honestly.

Last night I made your cookie pie and while I rarely have seconds (not because I feel guilty but because I get full), I had to partake of more. I paired it with your blender- peanut butter ice cream and it was SO AMAZING! All sugar-free and gluten-free. Thank you thank you hunny.

5. Melinda says:

Katie…you seriously did not need to defend yourself! This is YOUR blog…YOUR thoughts, YOUR recipes which you have so kindly shared. If someone takes offense to your freewill to say as you please then they can click that exit up there in the corner!

1. Anonymous says:

Agreed! Well said!

2. Shannon says:

I second that!

6. Anonymous says:

I agree with the previous commenters. There are some people out there who actively LOOK for things to be offended by or complain about. The words, in my opinion, were harmless. It’s a shame some people are so sensitive and twist words. Why on earth would they even be on a healthy dessert blog if they weren’t looking for healthy alternatives to replace the not so healthy ones , and then get offended when you say “guilt doesn’t belong at a party”? This site is dedicated to guilt free, amazing desserts, kind of goes without saying, no? Just my thoughts. Love love love your blog! Keep up the awesome work!

1. Melinda says:

You are so right!

7. Melissa says:

I heart the Sweet Riot Bars!!!!!! Thanks for letting us know about the Almond Milk Greek Yogurt Icecream, I will have to keep a lookout for those!!!

8. connie says:

katie, you so cant take things personal and forget those people that pick apart words and post anything negative, you have one of the best blogs, love it when you post, i have seen these icecreams but not the almond milk one, i will so be on the look out for those…thank you for the tastetesting and sharing…was wondering have you ever tryed chocoperfection chocolate bars, now those are some delish chocolate..a little spendy but well worth it, they actually taste like a fine chocolate and so cant believe they are actually good for you…if you ever see them buy one to try, you will fall in love…our natural foods store sells them but very pricey, i buy them online…again, thank you for all you do for giving us healthy treats and keep on with the positives from all of us, because we love you and your blog….your my favorite food blog i belong too, so forget those piddly ones that will leave you a negative…..have a great day today, from another one of your biggest fans:)
    connie

1. Thanks, Connie :).
      I don’t think I’ve ever tried them… I’m going to google them right now!

9. Angela says:

I am a new reader here, and I have to say you seem like one of the most kind-hearted, genuine people. It is obvious from what you write and how you respond to people’s comments here that you only ever have the best intentions. I honestly, cannot figure out why someone would be offended by your words, but I think it is silly and unnecessary for them to criticize you.

On another note, we just tried your cookie dough dip and your blondies and they were both a hit, the first with my kids and the second at a dinner party. Thank you for sharing with us.

10. Michelle says:

So do you get tired of all the love? I love your blog and read it for a long time, I read a few blogs I can’t imagine a food blog of any kind, writing bad or negative things. Even if I didn’t care for a recipe ill go onto another one. Why would anyone do that is beyond me. I love your blog not only for the recipes but because you are a sweet person always trying to answer questions, think of others …..keep up the great work and recipes!

11. Marissa says:

I’m not sure if your into green bars but Greens + came out with a vegan superfood crisp bar and its so good! There are other flavors too.. chocolate pb and blueberry.

Marissa

12. Jess says:

It was probably the same people who put down my post a few weeks ago and made me feel like an idiot. People that we don’t even know.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but after putting so much time and effort into something, it is unfortunate that negative comments would be made about such a petty little statement.
    I read all of your posts, and pin nearly all of your recipes, and eagerly anticipate the release of your cookbook! You are doing a great thing here! With the increasing interest in healthier eating, you are helping to pioneer the way! I appreciate all of the work you do for your followers and can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next!

13. Pooja says:

Honestly, the kind of things people take offense at !! I had to rack my mind to think back if you had said anything offensive and all I remembered was some lovely looking sprinkles and a yummy dip recipe. I don’t comment on blogs very often but in this instance, I felt I had to. You really should ignore people who make a mountain out of a molehill…this is a food blog, for god’s sake. Not some sermon or a political forum where people need to look for hidden meanings in everything. Please do not feel you need to apologize for people who fail to appreciate all the hard work you put in and instead spend time nitpicking. It was a lovely post and that’s all there is to it.

14. I’ve never met you and have only been following your blog for a few months but you seem like one of the nicest people on earth so I doubt you could ever purposefully offend someone!

15. Linda says:

Hi Katie! I really appreciate you taking the time to address the word choice in your previous post. I’m really tired of blog writers and others offering a non-apology (SORRY IF YOU WERE OFFENDED GEEZ) rather than considering why their words may have offended someone. I thought that choice of words was a bit out-of-character for you (because I read your blog every day and I love it!), so I really appreciate that you took the time to clarify your meaning and to address the issue publicly, rather than simply editing the previous post and avoiding the whole issue.

Thanks for being so awesome 🙂

16. Mandy Cheshire says:

Hi, Katie! I also thought nothing of your word choice in the previous post… But I am not surprised at the grace and sweetness with which you are addressing that person’s (people’s?) concern. What a great example you set. Just don’t let it get you down. 😉

17. Suzie says:

Oh my, those finds sound delightful!!! I hope to come across these great discovers soon 🙂 I hate when I say things and they sound completely worse than I meant or easily taken the wrong way, totally understand what you mean & what humble demeanor to apologize like that when in reality you meant well, reading is hard sometimes to interpret– take texts for examples, its easy to read them the wrong way! But you seem so kind-hearted, I don’t think you could ever mean to offend someone. Thanks for the food finds!

18. Stefanie says:

I really like the new Cliff bars. Even the berry flavor is good. The PB and Chocolate coconut are my favorites out of the 4. I may like them better then lara bars. I’ll have to check out the yogurt. The greek coconot yougurt was not very good.

19. tiffany says:

I actually just saw almond milk yogurt in the flyers this week. I never noticed them at the store when i go shopping but I’m definitely gonna try them soon 🙂 I also saw coconut milk ones in the same flyer and I’ve never actually noticed them on the shelf..i should really pay more attention lol

20. Anna Banana says:

Oh my gosh, those yogurts look so good! I’ve had trouble switching from dairy-full yogurt to dairy-free because it seems like I’ve only had gritty varieties. Anyone have advice on a non-grainy brand? I’m assuming this one might be worth a try and there have to be good ones out there.

I agree with you (and took your sentence how you meant it). Guilt does *not* belong at a party! It’s not like parties come along every day, so nobody should feel bad for relaxing and enjoying some stellar food at one. 🙂