Summer Peach Pie Crumble

See this peach crumble?

Really delicious peach crumble- no sugar, no added fat!

It’s not your average peach crumble.

It’s more like you are serving yourself a warm bowl of peach pie filling… Every bite bursts with sweet summer peaches, quietly accented by a soft and buttery crumble. This recipe is for anyone who likes their pie with extra filling and very little crust!

peach crumble

This crumble is really good topped with my ice cream recipe! It also makes a great ice cream topping, and it pairs nicely with coconut sorbet. Or serve it with your favorite plain or vanilla yogurt for a healthy and summery breakfast.

Summer Peach Pie Crumble

(serves 3-4)

• 1/4 cup rolled oats, gf if desired (25g)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 stevia packets or 2 tbsp sugar or agave (or other sweetener of choice)
  • 2 1/2 tbsp coconut flour (I’m working on a version without coconut flour, hopefully to be posted soon.)
  • 6 loosely-packed cups sliced peaches (fresh or frozen) (580g) (or sub another fruit)
  • optional, for a more buttery flavor: 3 tbsp oil or melted butter-type spread (such as Earth Balance)
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 380 F and grease an 8×8 pan. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, and stir very well. Put peaches in a separate (large) bowl, add the vanilla extract and optional fat source, and stir to coat. (If using liquid sweetener, also add it to the bowl of peaches.) Now evenly disperse the crumble on top of the peaches, and stir until it’s as evenly coated as possible. Pour into the pan, and cook 50-60 minutes, opening the oven after 30 minutes to turn the peaches (so all sides cook evenly). As mentioned above, this makes a fruit-heavy crumble: perfect for ice cream!

View Peach Crumble Nutrition Facts

cobbler party

I brought this to a small “going away” lunch for one of my close friends who’s moving to Singapore. (She’d been married less than a year when her husband found out he was transferred!) I brought two versions—one with peach and one with strawberry. We all decided we liked the peach better. (Also, I really wanted to show you more shots of the actual crumble, but there were 8 of us at the party, so I couldn’t save more than a few pieces of peaches for a photoshoot.)

LINK OF THE DAY:

banana split pancakes

Banana Split Pancakes

Tags: , , , ,

1. Katarina says:

Definitely watermelon and cataloupe too! Like you said they’re just not the same frozen…especially watermelon! I have plenty in my garden now to be picked, but I don’t know what to do with all of it! :)

1. Watermelon is definitelly a summer fruit I miss! But actually, I am not craving watermelon in winter, so I guess that’s okay!

2. Kendra says:

That crumble looks fantastic!! And the fruits I will miss the most will probably be watermelon and cherries. Though you can buy frozen cherries (which ARE delicious!), they are normally quite expensive. Perhaps I should freeze my own before the summer ends…

3. Jasmin says:

I will miss cherries and blueberries the most! I don’t really like frozen blueberries that much. And about freezing watermelon… I tried it and it was kind of weird :) Anyway, this peach crumble looks delicious!!!!!

4. This seems incredibly easy to make! I expected an extravagant list of ingredients,
    but the list is actually super basic! Looks yummy! 😀
    -Grace Gilbert

5. This looks amazing, but just so I understand correctly – everything is mixed together and baked and turned, not fruit topped with crumble?

6. Watermelon! Nothing makes me love summer more than watermelon.

My husband even requests a watermelon “cake” for his birthday each year. Easy for me: I just stick candles into a melon cut in half

7. Connie says:

I love crumbles! This one looks awesome. Peaches are definitely one of my favorite summer fruits. Watermelon and cherries also scream summer to me… wish they were around all year!

8. I’ve been obsessed with peaches this summer. They are just so darn sweet and delicious. I actually did freeze some watermelon and it is wonderful added to a smoothie. See my favorite watermelon-banana smoothie here. http://www.hungryhealthygirl.com/recipes/?recipe_id=6030361
    This peach crumble looks like the perfect healthy summer dessert!

9. I will definitelly miss strawberries most! I can’t get them in fall and winter where I live! Actually, the regular “strawberry season” is over right now and the few strawberries I can find in the grocery stores are really expensive. I am looking forward for the next summer – and it’s strawberries!

10. Lisa says:

Strawberries for sure! I can get them where I live year-round, but they’re much more expensive and just don’t taste as good!

11. Suzie says:

Looks delicious & love that I can make it into any fruit crumble! I will definitely miss watermelon too & strawberries, where I live they are hard to come by unless its summer…

12. Sarah L says:

Looks so delicious, and I love that it’s more of the filling! I’ll miss fresh berries, like raspberries. They are lovely when frozen too, but it’s just not the same. I’ll probably miss nectarines the most, though. They can be frozen, but my freezer could never hold the amount I’d like to freeze.

1. Shalon says:

I’m with you, Sarah! Nectarines are DIVINE.

13. You look gorgeous in this photo!

14. Teresa says:

This sounds delicious!

I love most of the summer fruits. I think I miss plums and cantaloupe the most. Soon it will be September and time for the very short season of one of my absolute favorites, Italian Prune Plums. They are small, sweet, and very juicy. Yum!

15. Peanut Butter Bunny says:

Oh my gosh, Katie! Everything looks so amazing… I wanna make it all! Unfortunately, time doesn’t like me on the weekdays. Lol. Come the weekend, though..! I love how glowing you look (That sentence is correct, right?). It always reminds me to look on the positive side of life. Really! It’s so refreshing.
    WAHHH!!! I’ll definitely miss the cheap peaches. >_< It seems like everything is in season right about now… Like starfruit! I haven't even had a watermelon yet (as of this season). Now I know what I'm getting next time I go to the store!

16. Valentina says:

I’ll miss raspberries the most. I use to eat frozen raspberries but they’re not the same :(

Amazing, easy tasty crumble *__*

17. Kristall says:

You can definitey freeze watermelon! I managed a smoothie bar for a couple years and one of our most popular drinks, year round, was our watermelon flavour. We cut off the rind, cut into chunks and froze in a large bucket. The smoothie blended watermelon with a chunk or two of mango and some fruit juice and the consistency was amazing! Truly thrist-quenching!

The summer fruit I will miss the most is strawberries. Where I live we have an amazing strawberry season (Fraser Valley, in British Columbia). We are known for our local berries (berry capitol of the world) and California strawberries are absolutely NOTHING compared to our local stuff. We can get California strawberries year round but I honestly don’t even think of them being the same fruit!

18. Sharon says:

Cantaloupe and watermelon. My young daughters gobble these up all summer. I feel bad when they go out of season and I have to deny them the pleasure of eating them every day!

19. I love peach but I think I will miss watermelon the most when the summer comes to an end!! Love watermelon!

20. Amber with Slim Pickin's Kitchen says:

Yum! I love fresh peaches!!! Also, you look absolutely *stunning* in that picture! <3