Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

My Magazine Feature

I don’t really like the self-promotion aspect of blogging. To be honest, I feel embarrassed and self-centered asking you to follow me, pinning my photos to the CCK Pinterest page, tweeting my own links… I worry it makes me come across as vain; in real life that’s not how I am at all! I’d much rather focus the attention on others- on something great they are doing.

But every now and then I get so excited about something that I can’t help but share. Today would be one of those times.

magazine cover   vegnews magazine

If you happen to see the September/October issue of Vegnews Magazine in your local grocery store, Target, or Barnes’n Nobles, it’s worth checking out- not just because they made my year by featuring me, but because the issue is packed with recipes for the likes of pumpkin bread pudding, salted caramel sauce, and cashew Swiss cheese. (If you live in upstate New York, good luck finding a copy. My grandma says she’s buying them all. You know how grandmas are :).)

On that note, a shameless plug: I updated My Press Page.

Tomorrow’s post will be a new healthy dessert recipe. No more shameless plugs for awhile, I promise!

1. Christie Breese says:

Hey Katie….don’t feel selfcentered about asking people to follow you….i can’t remember how i found you but IM GLAD i did i’ve posted u on my fb page numerous times… You have great alternatives for people whom don’t have a clue of how to do what u do….YOU are a BLESSSING really you are….don’t think otherwise…..jus saying…. xoxoxoxoxo Christie

1. Thank you… that really means a lot to me, Christie!

2. Pam says:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do a GREAT job!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been LOVING your recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!!

3. Shundara says:

How neat! I hope I can find it in my local store, so I can pick up a copy.. :)

4. Oh my goodness! That’s awesome! Congrats!!! :)

Check out my latest recipe, review & giveaway @ Baking Blissful

1. Samantha D. says:

I’m trying to get to your blog “Blissful Baker” but the link doesn’t work! Can you help a sister out?

1. Oh course! Sorry the link doesn’t work! :( You can go here:

1. Samantha D. says:

Thanks! :)

5. Samantha D. says:

Congrats Katie! Dont feel bad about promoting yourself, everyone can tell from your blog you are no self centered in any way, you’re just good at what you do, and want to share it with the world! and we all very much appreciate that!

Keep doing what ya do best!!

(ps did you ever recieve my email?)

1. Thanks, Sammi. I can’t say for sure that I didn’t, but I receive a lot of emails and it’s hard to keep up with them all, so it could be on page 2 or 3… or 4 of my inbox. If you send it again today, I will look out for it! Sorry for the trouble. 😕

1. Samantha D. says:

Oh no I completely understand, your blog is obviously very popular! haha, just wanted some advice from someone who knows their stuff 😉

1. I found it. Will be responding today :)

1. Samantha D. says:

Hey girlll
            So I guess I thought I added this question…but I didnt..haha ,If you use a nutrition calculator, what do you use?

Also, plan on making any trips to the midwest any time soon? 😉

6. Anonymous says:

your recipes are great! I always recommend your website to friends :)

7. Julie says:

Your recipes are great I always recommend your site to friends!

8. Wow- this is awesome!! Congrats!! I’m about to head out to Whole Foods, and I’m pretty sure they carry that magazine. Adding it to my grocery list! :)

9. Crystal says:

Congratulations, Katie! I’ve been following you for a few months now and have made some of your awesome recipes. You are being followed and are featured in media because you do such a great job at helping us all to eat healthy while not denying our sweet tooth! Get used to it because you deserve it! Thanks from all of us! :)

10. Melissa says:

Katie, that is AMAZING. 😀 Way to go, girl!!! I’ve recommended your site to my brother-in-law’s family who are gluten and dairy free. Bro-in-law made your coconut milk chocolate mousse while they were here visiting and was totally licking the bowl!

11. Kendra says:

Trust me–you don’t come across as self-centered at ALL!!!:) And I JUST got that Vegnews magazine in the mail yesterday (I am subscribed to it), and I saw the article:) I loved reading what your favorite vegetarian-related books are, and I completely agree that John Robbin’s books are fantastic!! I am looking forward to the new recipe!

12. That is awesome and you TOTALLY deserve it…..don’t feel bad!!!

13. Remember that we read your posts because we want to know about you and about the amazing things that are happening in your life! It’s not shameless self-promotion if we’re asking for it!! BTW – congrats on the mag feature – you deserve it!

14. Bonnie says:

Ooh, that’s great! congrats on being featured in the magazine :) I wish I could read it – the pudding and cheese recipes sound really good too.

15. Tabby says:

Katie, we’re all super thankful that you share these things with us- THANK YOU! You remind me so much about myself, sometimes I don’t tell something because of the self-centered feeling. So I do understand you. But obviously narcissism, egoism etc are not personalities that characterize you- you’re the total opposite! And you’re seriously the nicest person on this planet, I don’t think anyone could ever see you as a self-centered person or anything like that- You’re simply the best!

16. Congratulations on the feature! That’s awesome! I’m heading to Target right now. I will definitely grab a copy! Thank you for sharing this one!

17. Stacey says:

Congratulations, can’t wait to pick up a copy! I love, love, love your recipes!!!

18. Juliana says:

19. Christy says:

Congratulations Katie! You deserve to toot your own horn now and then! Enjoy it!

20. Taylor says:

No need to feel awkward about it…this is AWESOME! Congratulations! It’s well deserved :)

21. Jenny D says:

I would find it more weird and insulting if you didn’t share news like this! I will definitely be on the look out for this issue, thank you!

22. Mary says:

Wow, that is amazing!!! Congratulations!! If anyone deserves to be featured in a magazine, it’s you! You are so talented! Btw, love the hair!! :)

23. Congratulations, Katie!! You don’t come across as vain at all – if anything, your humility and kindness shine through. You’re so deserving of this magazine feature!!

24. That is such exciting news! Congrats! I don’t usually read that magazine but if I see it I’ll be sure to pick it up! (:

25. Gabrielle says:

Honestly, I get exactly how you feel – but I think it’s cool that you mention how uncomfortable it makes you. I don’t like that bloggers tend to feel compelled to pretend that they’re natural self-promoters, because I doubt most of them are. It’s tough putting yourself out there for people to criticize, and you do it every single day – and for our benefit!

Don’t feel awkward at all, seriously. I even love getting your e-mails daily, and I don’t find you annoying at all. I understand there is definitely a fine line being walked when attempting to promote your blog, but I think most of us realize that it’s sort of a must-do if you want to keep doing what you (and we!) love so much.

Congrats on the VegNews feature! You’re famous!! (as if you already weren’t)

26. Gina G says:

SO SO happy for you Katie!! Congratulations!! :)

27. Donna says:

Katie, you do not come across as vain or self centered at all. I do not even see your tech-based updates as self promotion – to me, you’re just minimizing the effort I have to put into finding your latest yummy recipe! I predict very big things are coming for you & CCK – be ready for the success headed your way & don’t apologize for it because you are earning every bit of it! Best to you.

28. Michele says:

Congrats, Katie! You SO deserve this!! Don’t worry, you are one of the SWEETEST souls I’ve EVER come across online. Enjoy the excitement. I’m so happy for you!!!! :-)

29. Katie, please please please don’t feel awkward and horrible about self promotion, you did something awesome, share it with us!! congrats girl!!

30. Melissa George says:

CONGRATS!!! I echo what alot of others have said – you aren’t being prideful at all! You’re sharing amazing news with friends! You are an amazing, wonderful, loving and gifted person. We are blessed and thankful that you share your gift with us. So rejoice in this great blessing! Have a party and be proud of what all of your hard work has brought you! You go girl!!

31. Sharon says:

Katie, I just want to add my congrats!!! You sweet soul are so deserving of all the good things that come to you! :)

32. congrats!! that’s so exciting!! i’m so happy for you, you deserve it:)

33. Tana says:

Katie, you rock!!! You have changed my life, and I am eternally grateful! I tell everyone, everywhere about my Chocolate-Covered Katie! You have a special place in my heart for being a Texan, too! I was born and raised in Texas, but now live in California (…by the beach, so I can’t complain too much). Soak in all the praise… You deserve it! Keep up the inspiring “job”… We’re counting on you! Love and smooches! Mwah!!!!!

1. Thanks, that means a lot to me!
      I wish I lived in California… I definitely need to visit someday. Soon!

34. Morgan says:

Congratulations! I read your blog often but rarely comment! You should be SO SO proud!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems like you are so passionate about what you do and are truly super talented–I literally just made your oatmeal cookie larabar recipe and it is ridiculously amazing :) Dont feel embarrassed by how much you are accomplishing!! It is exciting and amazing!!!!

35. How awesome! Too bad that I can’t get the magazine here!

36. j3nn says:

Awesome! Congrats :)

37. Congrats Katie!!

I don’t think you have to worry about coming across as vain – your recipes are amazing and you clearly put a lot of work into them. All the press and promotions you get are completely deserved. Be proud, girl!

38. Lori Z says:

You SHOULD promote yourself – otherwise so many people that don’t know about your blog will continue missing out!! Congrats to you!

39. Congratulations!! I’m going to beg my dear boyfriend to buy this most recent issue of VegNews for me.

40. Joanna says:

Congrats!!! I will totally read your article!

41. Megan says:

Congratulations! You deserve a shameless plug every once in a while…you work hard! :) (By the way, I was drooling over the cover of the magazine alone with the tomato and mozzarella…I can only imagine what’s inside the magazine. I’m a sucker for food photos 😛 )

42. Monica says:

I agree with the others. We are all very glad that you make your work accessible by putting it out there on your blog, Facebook, pinterest, magazines and more! Spread the word far as you can! You’re not just “promoting yourself” you’re helping others and that’s what you’re all about so keep it up!

43. Katie you should be shouting it to the world! What a great opportunity. You deserve it!
    Love your work x

44. Dallas says:

for one, that’s amazing! so happy the world will FINALLY be noticing you.
    but secondly, what if i dont live in America this year? we’re doing an overseas-year and i’m sad i won’t get to see you in a magazine. oh-well, i guess. i still have your blog! :)

1. Hmmm… I think they *might* have an option where you can order an issue online, and they give you a copy in your inbox (to save paper). I might be getting them mixed up with another magazine, though!

1. Dallas says:

yay! that would be great. and if not, i’ll deal. :)
        thanks for the information, personal time you took and obviously, the recipes.

45. Congrats Kaitie!!!! You have accomplished so much at such a young age. You are a great inspiration with all your recipes.

46. Alison says:

Congratulations!! So happy for you and I think your recipes are so innovative!

47. Anonymous says:

Glad to do it! Thank you for asking, it’s a way I can sort of “pay you back” for so many great recipes!! March on!!!

48. alyssa booko says:

You have a God given gift katie and the best part is you discovered your God given talent and you are doing it. Your recipes help people, give health, give life. I praise God for you Katie.

49. Nina says:

Congrats to you!!! I think the world should know about you and your fabulous recipes. You are doing a wonderful (delicious) service….self promote away, that allows your fans to see what you are up to. :)

50. Anonymous says:

very cool!

51. Congratulations Katie, that’s wonderful! And definitely not at all vain – you deserve to share such great news!

52. Congratulations Katie!!!
    And you’re not vain at all! You’re passionate about what you love and believe and you want to share that passion with others. I’d say you’re quite a giving person.
    Love the new hair color by the way. :)

~ Natalyn

53. Olivia says:

Congrats! I’ll definitely be buying that issue! The recipes they’re featuring sound delish, but I’d buy it just to read the article you’re in :). Sooooooooo excited for you!

54. Janet J. says:

That is SO cool! I am looking for this – glad your grandma doesn’t live around here LOL!

55. Alisha says:

Congratulations!! That’s so exciting! It’s not vain at all, it’s a good kind of pride and you are very entitled to it. Besides , if you aren’t promoting yourself a bit the rest of us are doing it for you 😉

56. Ashley says:

Congrats Katie! I hope your next big announcement is for your cookbook. I’m looking forward to it!

57. Nancy says:

Hi Katie,

Your blog is fabulous – I’ve been following (and getting great recipes) for quite some time now. Congrats on the feature – you are really going places!!! I tell folks to follow you all the time and your posts are regularly pinned to my “veggie food” board. No harm in self promotion at all!!

58. vogelstar says:

plug away. that’s very exciting, can’t wait to see the next dessert. Maybe a vegan creme brulee one day??? :)

59. Gemma says:

Hi Katie,
    congratulations! Unfortunatly we don’t get that magazine here in Australia (I have to online to find half the stuff in your recipies). Personally I’m glad you plug! Otherwise how would people find out about your amazing food. Weirdly I remember how I found your blog, I was watching a you tube video by diet health (I think, it might have been sarah fit, she is on a couple of channels and she was raving about your blog).
    I am going to see if I can get this mag online becuase I really want to try some caramle sauce! YUM (btw if you ever feel the need to make a healthy caramel anything please do! hahaha)
    Wow long comment.

1. It might’ve been Sarahfit. She is a sweetheart!

I will work on the caramel!

60. Lacy says:

I just found your site last week and have tried four recipes. Sooo glad I stumbled across it! I’ve already told more than five people about it (I haven’t kept track) and two have said how good the deep dish cookie pie (sugar free) was and that they will be making it too.
    Go ahead and promote yourself because there’s a pretty good chance most people who visit will be so glad they found you! So really, you’re not being vain, you’re just doing everyone else a favour. :)

61. Ellen says:

Hi Katie, this is wonderful!!
    Just one question…. I’m in Namibia (Africa) and is there any change of getting hold of the magazine? will there be a digital edition or so? Thanks, Ellen

1. I think they *might* have an option where you can order an issue online, and they give you a copy in your inbox (to save paper). I might be getting them mixed up with another magazine, though!

62. Sarah says:

I wish I could get a copy, but I’ve never seen that magazine around :( to me, you don’t seem vain at all, not even when you ask for fb likes. You seem like one of the kindest people I’ve ever “met”, and I really wish I could meet you in real life. :) (hope I didn’t come off sounding too creepy right now :S) Looking forward to that recipe!

63. Sherri says:

Congratulations – I too feel ‘lucky’ to have stumbled onto your website. You should promote yourself and not feel ‘vain’ about it either! Love your creative/healthy recipes…It’s exactly how I try to approach food too! THANK YOU KATIE:))

64. Peanut Butter Bunny says:

Katie!! That’s so amazing! I think you deserve to promote yourself. =D Besides – it isn’t really promoting if everyone wants to hear it. ^^ Otherwise I myself, would have not known. XD But yeah, anyone who reads your blog would know you mean no harm, I’m sure. =] I’m so excited for you. More people really do need to be “Katie recipe enlightened”… Or more like “Katie oatmeal enlightened.” :3 If they don’t like it…more for us, right!? Maybe they shouldn’t be enlightened. O_o Either way…big bodacious blessings! 😀

65. kaity says:

congrads!! i cant wait til i get mine in the mail! and funny thing with ur gma mine would do the same haha

66. Congrats, Katie! That’s such great news. I’ll be sure to pick up a copy and read the article. You should be very proud!

67. Samantha says:

Congratulations! You do wonderful and nothing to be less than proud about. :)

68. That’s incredible Katie!! Congratulations. You certainly deserve it with all of the hard work you put into this wonderful blog and delicious recipes! WOOHOO!

69. p says:

70. Nicole M says:

Congrats Katie! You are more than deserving of this :) not sure if will find this magazine in Canada but I’ll take a look for sure :)

71. Sometimes you have to self promote, and this is an instance where I think we are all very excited for you.
    Congratulations indeed!
    I saw that you were nominated on VegNews for an award this year (I voted for you).

Keep up the good work and I look forward to tomorrow’s dessert.

1. Thank you so much! I still can’t even believe my name was on there.

72. CONGRATS,Katie! That’s so awesome,if I’d live closer,I’d definitely throw a party for you,girl! 😉
    I’m so sad I live in Germany and can’t buy the magazine though,I’d be so excited to try some more of your recipes (especially the salted caramel sauce!) and support you this way! :(
    However,know that I am thinking of you over here,even if I am miles apart! :)

73. Jonsie says:

Congratulations! No need to down-play an accomplishment. Good job!

74. Julie says:

Where in Upstate New York does she live? I do too. Was going to try to get a copy. Maybe she will let me borrow one?

1. lol Poughkeepsie (hopefully I spelled that right!)

75. Hey, sometimes you gotta pull shameless plugs. Who better to be a cheerleader for you own work? 😉 Will def be looking for this copy. I think my B&N keeps plenty of copies stocked.

76. Marina Patrice Van Gossen says:

Big congrats! You deserve it. Can’t wait to pick up a copy!

77. Lukas says:

Congratulations, and, oh no! Save a copy for me in Buffalo!

78. WOOO CONGRATS KATIE! You deserve it!

79. Kristi says:

congrats katie! you SHOULD be proud!

80. Michele says:

Katie! This is so awesome, good for you! Please don’t be shy to spread the word on all you’re doing- it’s not self-promotion; you have so much to offer and your recipes are a gift, so think of it that way. You don’t even know how many people you’re helping with food allergies, weight issues, etc. You may want to follow Marie Forleo for some guidance on being a woman entrepreneur. You go girl! :)

81. Jessica says:

Congratulations Katie! That is great news… I don’t think you are being self-centered at all because you provide everyone with delicious and fun recipes which you have a great talent for! Keep up the fantastic work!

82. Tara says:

Don’t worry Katie! We know that authors have to have a platform and followers and the only way they do that is by self-promotion. I love your blog so much. Yours is the first healthy dessert blog I ever tried anything on because you just make the most awesome things!

83. Sarah says:

Congratulations, Katie! I am so so happy for you! You are in no way self-centered. You are gracious, humorous, and creative, and you help so many people all over the world! Thank you for sharing your amazing recipes, and you totally deserve the recognition and exposure!!

84. Haylee says:

Um hello,You were featured in a national magazin! That’s a HUGE deal. Promote away my friend, that’s definitely worthy of celebrating.

85. This is so exciting for you!!! I can’t even imagine! Congrats girl!

86. Bek @ Crave says:

Congrats Katie! Don’t worry you should be proud of your achievements and want to share them :)

87. vicki says:

Katie… look what I found. I can order a SINGLE copy of VEGNEWS, so I can order you copy!! Shout out a reminder when your copy goes on sale. Very excited for you!

88. Katie – as your fans, we certainly WANT to know these things! Congratulations are in order, and we want to be able to shower you with them. What an exciting time of your life! YOU GO GIRL! Thanks for sharing your amazing creations with us so we can enjoy them too.

89. Ellie says:

Don’t feel guilty, I found this blog through that article! So, it works, and I am happier for it :-)

1. Aw I’m so glad you found me! :)

90. brianna says:

Congratulations. I think my library has VegNews, so I’ll keep an eye out for it next time I’m there. I used to subscribe, but magazine subscriptions were the first to go when I lost my job four years ago. I miss getting magazines, though – it was something to look forward to each month.

91. Beckers says:

You deserve all of the praise in the World. I have tried so many of your recipes and share your amazingness with so many people. My boyfriend says that I talk about your amazing recipes so much that he thinks I will ask you to be my maid of honor in our wedding. 😀 I am so happy to see that you are being appreciated by media sources too, you deserve it!

1. This kinda just made my morning :)

92. Lady Jennie says:

Exalt away – I’m so happy for you!

93. Carrie says:

Congratulations! They made a wise choice in featuring you. My friend, Michelle, and I have made several of your recipes with great results. I would like to note that neither of us is vegan or even vegetarian. We simply love to incorporate healthier foods into our lives to balance out all the not-so-healthy things we love and your recipes are both delicious and approachable. Thank you for sharing your expertise, and Congratulations on being honored in this magazine!

94. Alicia says:

This is great, Katie!
    I know that I’m echoing other comments, but you really do deserve it. Love your blog! 😀

95. Jessica Jones says:

Hi Katie congrats on the magazine! I was wondering if you have a caramel sauce recipe on the healthier side?

1. I do! I’m not sure if it’s going in my cookbook yet, so I’m not allowed to post it. But if I don’t put it in the book I will definitely post it! :)

96. Julia says:

OMG!!! You are soooo pretty!!! 😀 I wish I could look as pretty and perfect as you! 😀