Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

My Magazine Feature

I don’t really like the self-promotion aspect of blogging. To be honest, I feel embarrassed and self-centered asking you to follow me, pinning my photos to the CCK Pinterest page, tweeting my own links… I worry it makes me come across as vain; in real life that’s not how I am at all! I’d much rather focus the attention on others- on something great they are doing.

But every now and then I get so excited about something that I can’t help but share. Today would be one of those times.

magazine cover   vegnews magazine

If you happen to see the September/October issue of Vegnews Magazine in your local grocery store, Target, or Barnes’n Nobles, it’s worth checking out- not just because they made my year by featuring me, but because the issue is packed with recipes for the likes of pumpkin bread pudding, salted caramel sauce, and cashew Swiss cheese. (If you live in upstate New York, good luck finding a copy. My grandma says she’s buying them all. You know how grandmas are :).)

On that note, a shameless plug: I updated My Press Page.

Tomorrow’s post will be a new healthy dessert recipe. No more shameless plugs for awhile, I promise!

1. Christie Breese says:

Hey Katie….don’t feel selfcentered about asking people to follow you….i can’t remember how i found you but IM GLAD i did i’ve posted u on my fb page numerous times… You have great alternatives for people whom don’t have a clue of how to do what u do….YOU are a BLESSSING really you are….don’t think otherwise…..jus saying…. xoxoxoxoxo Christie

1. Thank you… that really means a lot to me, Christie!

2. Pam says:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do a GREAT job!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been LOVING your recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!!

3. Shundara says:

How neat! I hope I can find it in my local store, so I can pick up a copy.. 🙂

4. Samantha D. says:

Congrats Katie! Dont feel bad about promoting yourself, everyone can tell from your blog you are no self centered in any way, you’re just good at what you do, and want to share it with the world! and we all very much appreciate that!

Keep doing what ya do best!!

(ps did you ever recieve my email?)

1. Thanks, Sammi. I can’t say for sure that I didn’t, but I receive a lot of emails and it’s hard to keep up with them all, so it could be on page 2 or 3… or 4 of my inbox. If you send it again today, I will look out for it! Sorry for the trouble. 😕

1. Samantha D. says:

Oh no I completely understand, your blog is obviously very popular! haha, just wanted some advice from someone who knows their stuff 😉

1. I found it. Will be responding today 🙂

1. Samantha D. says:

Hey girlll
            So I guess I thought I added this question…but I didnt..haha ,If you use a nutrition calculator, what do you use?

Also, plan on making any trips to the midwest any time soon? 😉

5. Anonymous says:

your recipes are great! I always recommend your website to friends 🙂

6. Julie says:

Your recipes are great I always recommend your site to friends!

7. Wow- this is awesome!! Congrats!! I’m about to head out to Whole Foods, and I’m pretty sure they carry that magazine. Adding it to my grocery list! 🙂

8. Crystal says:

Congratulations, Katie! I’ve been following you for a few months now and have made some of your awesome recipes. You are being followed and are featured in media because you do such a great job at helping us all to eat healthy while not denying our sweet tooth! Get used to it because you deserve it! Thanks from all of us! 🙂

9. Kendra says:

Trust me–you don’t come across as self-centered at ALL!!!:) And I JUST got that Vegnews magazine in the mail yesterday (I am subscribed to it), and I saw the article:) I loved reading what your favorite vegetarian-related books are, and I completely agree that John Robbin’s books are fantastic!! I am looking forward to the new recipe!

10. That is awesome and you TOTALLY deserve it…..don’t feel bad!!!

11. Remember that we read your posts because we want to know about you and about the amazing things that are happening in your life! It’s not shameless self-promotion if we’re asking for it!! BTW – congrats on the mag feature – you deserve it!

12. Bonnie says:

Ooh, that’s great! congrats on being featured in the magazine 🙂 I wish I could read it – the pudding and cheese recipes sound really good too.

13. Tabby says:

Katie, we’re all super thankful that you share these things with us- THANK YOU! You remind me so much about myself, sometimes I don’t tell something because of the self-centered feeling. So I do understand you. But obviously narcissism, egoism etc are not personalities that characterize you- you’re the total opposite! And you’re seriously the nicest person on this planet, I don’t think anyone could ever see you as a self-centered person or anything like that- You’re simply the best!

14. Congratulations on the feature! That’s awesome! I’m heading to Target right now. I will definitely grab a copy! Thank you for sharing this one!

15. Stacey says:

Congratulations, can’t wait to pick up a copy! I love, love, love your recipes!!!

16. Juliana says:

17. Christy says:

Congratulations Katie! You deserve to toot your own horn now and then! Enjoy it!

18. Taylor says:

No need to feel awkward about it…this is AWESOME! Congratulations! It’s well deserved 🙂

19. Jenny D says:

I would find it more weird and insulting if you didn’t share news like this! I will definitely be on the look out for this issue, thank you!

20. Mary says:

Wow, that is amazing!!! Congratulations!! If anyone deserves to be featured in a magazine, it’s you! You are so talented! Btw, love the hair!! 🙂