My Birthday

Birthday highlights:

Banana Yogurt

Breakfast was an old favorite: Homemade Banana Yogurt.

With extra banana, sliced strawberries, cacao nibs, and a homemade granola recipe (going in the cookbook). Not pictured: A side of Ezekiel toast spread with Nutzo nut butter. Not exactly the fanciest of birthday breakfasts, but it was delicious nonetheless.

Banana Yogurt

During the day I went to a spa and got a $400 massage, followed by a hot stone massage and cucumber facial worked a lot on the cookbook, answered emails and questions, did some baking experiments and photoshoots, and made my own birthday dessert (recipe tomorrow!).

Then I drove to my parents’ for spaghetti dinner, and these faces greeted me:

IMG_0466

cute puppy face

[Insert melted heart here.]

After dinner, S and I went out for drinks, so the aforementioned birthday dessert had to wait until the next day… but it was well worth the wait. Oh, and it wasn’t chocolate! Any guesses?

Link of the Day:

breakfast cookies

Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies

1. Halie says:

Sounds like a fantastic day and your breakfast looks delicious! I’m gonna guess that your dessert is some type of “cheesecake”?!?! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

2. Aline says:

Happy birthday!!

3. Liz says:

I love guessing games :).

How about red velvet cake with your healthy cream cheese frosting? Maybe that’s just wishful thinking because I love that frosting and would love to see a red velvet cake to go with it!

4. Happy Belated Birthday!

I just went to the parents yesterday for a big spaghetti dinner as well 🙂

5. Michaela says:

Hope you had wonderful birthday!!!!

6. inilee says:

Like everyone elso, I love your blog and thank you for all of the work it takes to build it for us. My birthday is in 3 days so I am looking forward to your ‘just in time’ bday cake recipe 🙂

7. Angie says:

Happy Birthday Katie! I know you don’t know me but I feel like you are a friend!

8. Douglas Anderson says:

And may I wish you a very happy and awesome birthday!

9. Valerie says:

Good Morning from beautiful British Columbia….and *happy* belated birthday to you ‘dearest chocolate’ !!! First off…you and I share a birthday!!!! Second….I am in total love with your blog…and so admire your dedication to it’s creation and ongoing awesome updates!!

I am a BIG fan of yours my dear….keep up the excellent *chocolate* work!! xox

10. Tamalyn says:

Happy Birthday, Katie! I hope you had a wonderful day filled with all sorts of fun!

And guess what? Today is my birthday, too! Only over here, the day has just begun.

Can’t wait to see your dessert recipe! My guess is that it’s maybe something frozen?

1. Tamalyn says:

Oh, and your puppies are totally adorable!

1. Amanda says:

Happy Birthday to both of you! My birthday was yesterday (the 8th) too. Good day for a birthday, I think!

1. Tamalyn says:

It sure was, thank you! And a (late) happy birthday to you!

11. Bonnie says:

No chocolate? Hmm, maybe coconut then? I hope it was some kind of cheesecake!
    And happy birthday to you, Katie! Those are two beautiful pictures of your dogs – I hope they gave you plenty of birthday cuddles 🙂

12. Chrissy says:

Happy birthday! I want your puppies. They are TOO CUTE!

13. Hmmm… Carrot cake? I have no idea but I can’t wait to find out!

Happy Birthday Katie!!!

14. Happy Birthday!! Have a wonderful and fun day!!

15. awwww cutie puppies….

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

WOOT WOOT!

I’m loving the banana yogurt, it looks so yummy and creamy..
    I can’t wait to see your birthday dessert you whipped up!
    for some reason I have an inkling it might have been something with a nut butter… but I could be wrong!

16. Jenn says:

Happy Birthday Katie!!! Sounds like you had a delicious bday!!! 🙂

17. Cosette says:

Happy birthday! 😀

18. Aja says:

Happy belated birthday!

19. Lauren says:

Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! My husband’s birthday is on Thanksgiving this year and he wants me to make him a special dessert. I’m going to make one of your recipes, for sure!

Lauren

20. Happy Birthday!! Hmmmmm…..not chocolate….maybe some kind of funfetti cake?