Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

My Birthday

Birthday highlights:

Banana Yogurt

Breakfast was an old favorite: Homemade Banana Yogurt.

With extra banana, sliced strawberries, cacao nibs, and a homemade granola recipe (going in the cookbook). Not pictured: A side of Ezekiel toast spread with Nutzo nut butter. Not exactly the fanciest of birthday breakfasts, but it was delicious nonetheless.

Banana Yogurt

During the day I went to a spa and got a $400 massage, followed by a hot stone massage and cucumber facial worked a lot on the cookbook, answered emails and questions, did some baking experiments and photoshoots, and made my own birthday dessert (recipe tomorrow!).

Then I drove to my parents’ for spaghetti dinner, and these faces greeted me:

cute puppy face

[Insert melted heart here.]

After dinner, S and I went out for drinks, so the aforementioned birthday dessert had to wait until the next day… but it was well worth the wait. Oh, and it wasn’t chocolate! Any guesses?

Link of the Day:

breakfast cookies

Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies

Katie is the baker, photographer, and author of the popular blog Chocolate-Covered Katie. Her favorite food is chocolate, and she believes in eating a balanced diet that includes dessert every single day.Β More about Katie—>Β

1. Halie says:

Sounds like a fantastic day and your breakfast looks delicious! I’m gonna guess that your dessert is some type of “cheesecake”?!?! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

2. Aline says:

Happy birthday!!

3. Liz says:

I love guessing games :).

How about red velvet cake with your healthy cream cheese frosting? Maybe that’s just wishful thinking because I love that frosting and would love to see a red velvet cake to go with it!

4. Happy Belated Birthday!

I just went to the parents yesterday for a big spaghetti dinner as well :)

5. Michaela says:

Hope you had wonderful birthday!!!!

6. inilee says:

Like everyone elso, I love your blog and thank you for all of the work it takes to build it for us. My birthday is in 3 days so I am looking forward to your ‘just in time’ bday cake recipe :-)

7. Happy belated brithday! I’m sorry this didn’t come earlier,but I simply had no idea.

8. Angie says:

Happy Birthday Katie! I know you don’t know me but I feel like you are a friend!

9. Douglas Anderson says:

And may I wish you a very happy and awesome birthday!

10. Valerie says:

Good Morning from beautiful British Columbia….and *happy* belated birthday to you ‘dearest chocolate’ !!! First off…you and I share a birthday!!!! Second….I am in total love with your blog…and so admire your dedication to it’s creation and ongoing awesome updates!!

I am a BIG fan of yours my dear….keep up the excellent *chocolate* work!! xox

11. Tamalyn says:

Happy Birthday, Katie! I hope you had a wonderful day filled with all sorts of fun!

And guess what? Today is my birthday, too! Only over here, the day has just begun.

Can’t wait to see your dessert recipe! My guess is that it’s maybe something frozen?

1. Tamalyn says:

Oh, and your puppies are totally adorable!

1. Amanda says:

Happy Birthday to both of you! My birthday was yesterday (the 8th) too. Good day for a birthday, I think!

2. Tamalyn says:

It sure was, thank you! And a (late) happy birthday to you!

12. Bonnie says:

No chocolate? Hmm, maybe coconut then? I hope it was some kind of cheesecake!
    And happy birthday to you, Katie! Those are two beautiful pictures of your dogs – I hope they gave you plenty of birthday cuddles :)

13. Chrissy says:

Happy birthday! I want your puppies. They are TOO CUTE!

14. Hmmm… Carrot cake? I have no idea but I can’t wait to find out!

Happy Birthday Katie!!!

15. Happy Birthday!! Have a wonderful and fun day!!

16. awwww cutie puppies….

I’m loving the banana yogurt, it looks so yummy and creamy..
    I can’t wait to see your birthday dessert you whipped up!
    for some reason I have an inkling it might have been something with a nut butter… but I could be wrong!

17. Jenn says:

Happy Birthday Katie!!! Sounds like you had a delicious bday!!! :)

18. Patrick says:

Happy Birthday! I always enjoy reading up on your delicious healthy desserts!

19. Cosette says:

Happy birthday! πŸ˜€

20. Aja says:

Happy belated birthday!

21. Lauren says:

Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! My husband’s birthday is on Thanksgiving this year and he wants me to make him a special dessert. I’m going to make one of your recipes, for sure!

22. Alaine says:

Happy birthday!! And I am excited to see what dessert you came up with!

23. Happy Birthday!! The pups are way too cute!

24. Happy Birthday!! Hmmmmm…..not chocolate….maybe some kind of funfetti cake?

25. Anna says:

So cute! I hope you had a FANTASTIC birthday! You are so awesome! :)

26. Sunnie says:

Happy Belated Birthday, Katie!!!

I’m going out on a limb and guessing that you made some sort of a cheesecake . . . or perhaps a hidden-veggie dessert (something like the zucchini grasshopper pie or cauliflower cake?). Whatever it was, I’m sure it tasted AMAZING! :) :) :)

27. carolyn says:

I’m happy to hear you had a nice birthday, you totally deserve it! :)
    My guess is the dessert was something raw… and if I know you at all (from reading your blog), there was either some form of coconut or peanut butter in there if there was no chocolate…

28. laura says:

Happy birthday! Mine is this Friday. :)

Oh, and I love those dogs! A happy greeting indeed! Now, does this dessert include peanut butter, banana, or coconut?

1. laura says:

So… a banana filled macaroon dipped in that peanut butter glaze of yours?

29. Amanda says:

and as for the mysterious dessert, could it be that pink berry recipe you promised?

30. Happy birthday! πŸ˜€

For the dessert: raw key lime pie, carrot cake, cheesecake? I don’t know. I can’t imagine a birthday without chocolate! πŸ˜‰

31. j3nn says:

Happy birthday!!

32. Madelin says:

I’m thinking something coconut-based… maybe even coconut and some sort of nut butter? With bananas too? Whatever it is, can’t wait!

33. Jess says:

Not chocolate? Sacrilege! I’ll have to guess at some kind of fruit crumble. Maybe peach?

Happy birthday!

34. Cindy says:

Happy Birthday, Katie! My guess is something with strawberries.

35. Tricia says:

Happy Birthday :))

36. Happy Birthday Katie! I hope you enjoy your special day! :)

37. Morgan says:

hmmm…lemon? That’s the only flavor I will pass up chocolate for. πŸ˜‰

38. Alyx says:

Happy birthday, Katie! :) Sounds like it was a perfect day!

39. Sarah says:

Happy Birthday!! What kind of birthday doesn’t include chocolate?!?!?!? I’m sure it was awesome nonetheless :)

40. Chucklet Overheard LA-Z says:

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!! I guess that you had cheesecake…yum!

41. Rachel @ my naturally frugal family says:

Happy Belated birthday…and yes those dogs could melt any heart :)

As for dessert, and it not being chocolate, I am a little stumped. I hope you enjoyed it and I can’t wait for you to share the dessert.

As a side note I am completely excited that you are writing a cookbook. I know it will be awhile, but I can’t wait for it to come out.

42. Tori-Bird says:

Happy Birthday, Katie! I’m glad you had a great b-day. I’m with you on the melted heart thing… those puppies are adorable! :)
    Not chocolate?? Uh… coconut milkshake? Because I remember you saying you like coconut… Cookie dough something or other? No clue… I’ll just have to wait impatiently and see. πŸ˜‰

43. Krista says:

A happy womb emancipation day to you!
    Sounds like you had fun. πŸ˜€

44. Leanne says:

Happy birthday Katie :) It’s a beautiful day to have your birthday – I think. It was/is my late dad’s birthday as well… Love from overseas! ~Leanne

45. Laura says:

Happy Birthday! I can’t wait to find out what your birthday dessert was! Did you say it WASN’T chocolate? Are you losing your touch? ;D
    Have a great day!

46. A lovely happy birthday to you

47. No chocolate for your birthday dessert? But we know you also love coconut, peanut butter and sprinkles so maybe a coconut-peanut butter cake decorated with sprinkles!

48. Happy Birthday sweet Katie. Sounds like it was a perfect day. :)

49. If it’s not chocolate, it’s got to be coconut?!
    Happy belated birthday, glad you had a good day :-)

50. jenica says:

Sounds like a great birthday. I bet if it wasn’t chocolate related it was peanut butter related. Can’t wait to find out!

51. Happy Birthday! :) …..Something with sprinkles!

52. Happy birthday! I’d guess it’s something with cookie dough πŸ˜‰

53. Julie says:

I would say ‘peanut butter’ or ‘coconut’ or even ‘both’?! I am far away ?! πŸ˜‰ Happy birthday again ! Your dogs are so cute !!!

54. Alanna says:

Happy birthday, Katie!! I’m gonna agree with someone else and guess the dessert was cheesecake… that, or something caramel (crosses fingers for healthy caramel recipe). :)

55. What day was your official birthday? Mine was the 7th. :) Happy Birthday, girl! Hope it was a great one!

56. If not chocolate, I’m hoping your birthday dessert included some sprinkles!

57. Stephanie says:

Happy Birthday!!!

58. Gina says:

Happy Belated Birthday! Love your blog and your recipes. Making “crack” cookies tonight!

59. Anonymous says:

Happy birthday!

60. Tina says:

Happy birthday, Katie! :)

61. Eden says:

Happy Birthday!!!

62. PK says:

Happy Birthday, Katie – hope it was the best yet πŸ˜‰

63. A.H. says:

happy Birthday!

64. Kit-Kat says:

Happy Birthday, Katie!!! πŸ˜€
    Did you have something with coconut???
    Or maybe something with strawberries?
    ….. or peanutbutter????? :/

65. Anna Banana says:

Cake batter cheesecake? Maybe that’s just wishful thinking. Happy birthday! :-)

66. Megan says:

Happy birthday Katie! Thanks for your hard work on this blog. Hmmm…I am guessing a cake batter ice cream cake or SOME kind of ice cream cake!

67. Crystal says:

I want to see a picture of you and S :)

68. Bek @ Crave says:

Happy (belated?) Birthday! Hope it was special :) I hope you got spoiled too! Hmm, not chocolate aye? Peanut butter maybe? Or is that just something I wish for πŸ˜›

69. Can’t wait to see what your birthday dessert is! Happy birthday! I’m gonna guess it’s something with rainbow sprinkles? :)

70. Heather says:

Happy (Late) Birthday, Katie!

Thanks for making life a little more fun for me with your healthy dessert blog. πŸ˜‰

71. Nousha says:

Hi Katie! it’s been a year that i have been checking your site daily for new blog posts and this is the first time that I’ve left a comment (sorry). Anyways happy belated birthday girl! Hope it was one of the best. And my guess for flavor would prob be birthday cake batter (it is a birthday desert after all)
    by the way it would be awesome if we could see S. He is such a mystery, got my curiosity a little peaked

72. Nadiya says:

Aww! Happy b-day Katie! A desert without chocolate 0.0 Such a thing exists?

73. Sara Dane says:

Happy Birthday Katie!

Very excited about the cook book…do you have an anticipated release date yet? I am so excited to share your recipes with friends and family. I hope you include a message about being vegan!!

1. Thank you!! It’ll be awhile, but I’ll definitely update when I know more info :).

74. Karen says:

Happy Birthday, Katie! Glad you had a great day. What do you mean it wasn’t chocolate? This does not compute!

75. Sarbhr2 says:

Happy Birthday Katie, you are the best and by far make the best recipes that I want to make every single day! Stay SWEET.

76. Suzanne H says:

Well I have just decided that 1. you must be a very nice/awesome person and 2. I like you and your blog even more than before due to 1. you posted a peanut butter pie recipe and (more importantly) 2. you share a birthday with my sweet baby boy who turned 4 yesterday (and my Aunt who is super cool and nice)! Happy Birthday!

77. Moni Meals says:

Happy Be-lated Katie! I hope you had a great day and did not work too hard. :)

78. Suzanne says:

Happy cake and candles day!

79. Sherlock says:

This was very good! Added just a tiny bit of agave because my bananas weren’t that ripe. And Happy Belated!

80. Tinka says: