Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Favorite Healthy Pumpkin Recipes

Thanksgiving officially marks the end of omgcrazyforpumpkin-palooza, i.e. pumpkin season in the blogworld, where pumpkin plays a role in every other post by every other food blogger.

If you’re not a pumpkin fan, you’ll be happy to know this marks my last healthy pumpkin recipe post for the rest of the year, and I’ll now focus on the next season: omgchristmascookieeverything-palooza! But let’s send this season off in style: 21 delicious healthy pumpkin recipes to use up all that canned pumpkin hiding in your kitchen cabinet.

Healthy Pumpkin Recipes

pumpkin pie reeses
……………Pumpkin Pie Reeses

peanut pumpkin butter
…………..Pumpkin Peanut Butter

Pumpkin Cookie Dough!!
…………..Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip

pumpkin stuffed chocolate cookies!
……….Chocolate Stuffed Cookies

pumpoats2
……Pumpkin Crème Brulee Oatmeal

Pumpkin Whipped Cream.
…………….Creamy Pumpkin Frosting

pumpkin ice cream
……Pumpkin Cookie Dough Ice Cream

pumpkin parfait
…………..Pumpkin Pie Parfait

no bake cookie
……….No-Bake Pumpkin Cookies

Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
……..Single-Serving Pumpkin Muffin

35 healthy and delicious uses for canned pumpkin!

For even more pumpkin recipes: Over 35 Secretly Healthy Pumpkin Dessert Recipes

1. Tiff says:

Thanks for the roundup. I’m definitely on team pumpkin, but I’m getting pretty darn excited about peppermint season. Bring on the peppermint bark/mochas/cookies!

2. Monica says:

I love your blog! Please keep it up. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

3. Becca says:

I enjoy pumpkin recipes, but I love love love apple recipes, which sometimes pop up around Thanksgiving. So I’m on Team Apple. 😛

I like that you linked to other blogs at the end! I check your blog every day to see if you’ve posted, even though I’ve gotten the idea that you post about once every two days. I’m constantly on the lookout for new blogs to be obsessed with so that I can still have posts to read on the days you don’t post anything! :) I love your recipes, Miss Katie! You’re awesome!

4. Long live pumpkin. :-) Great round up. I’ll be making pumpkin recipes all winter long. For me pumpkin season doesn’t end until spring.

5. Definitely on team Pumpkin! I have been making your single serving pumpkin muffin everyday for the past month, as an arriving-home-after-a-long-day stack, and it is always my favorite part of the day. I’m going to stock up on a whole bunch of cans of pumpkin before they stop selling it in the stores.

Have a happy thanksgiving

6. Sarah says:

Team Pumpkin!! I need to stock up before they run out. I can’t get enough. I highly recommend Pinnacle Pumpkin Pie Vodka too. Amazing-ness in a bottle.

7. The last of pumpkin! No way! I am sooooooooooo on the pumpkin team! I love, love, love it!!!! It maybe early, but happy Thanksgiving!!

8. Shane Deal says:

I’m on Team Pumpkin all the way! (To the point where I’ve actually did start to turn a little orange once, which I’m pretty sure was from the pumpkin, as it disappeared after I cut back a little on the pumpkin.)

I love pumpkin, it ranks as one of my favorite foods, and I’m constantly on the prowl for additional ways to incorporate it into my diet. Even if I did turn orange from it.

I pretty much eat at least a little pumpkin every day, all year long.

9. Totally Team Pumpkin! But I’m also excited about peppermint-season. I can never get enough peppermint ice cream! :)

1. Alanna says:

Ooo, great point… I was going to say how I lament the “end” of pumpkin season (really the end of inexpensive canned pumpkin), but I do love peppermint! Love the recipe round-up, Katie… so much pumpkin goodness I’ve yet to try!

10. Hannah says:

I do believe I’m getting cheated out of two days of pumpkin… 😛 :) (Guess which team I’m on?!) I LOVE pumpkin!! But I also love the gingerbread-y, peppermint-y season of food coming up! :)

11. Wow, now that’s what I call a recipe roundup!
    Thanks for featuring my post! An oldie but a goodie.
    And I, for one, am ready for Xmas cookies. 😉

1. Michelle says:

I added a can of pumpkin instead of a cup cooked 10 minutes longer….Awesome…some mistakes are ok

1. That is great to know! I’m gonna have to try it that way on purpose sometime, now. 😉

2. Michelle says:

I’ve always been a fan Amber, so I know your recipes are always good….this made them super moist….family loved them….

12. Nykole says:

Is this even a question? Team Pumpkin! I intend to continue to use pumpkin in many things until it is forcefully pried from my hands >:)

13. Lauren says:

Hi Katie! All these recipes look wonderful! I’m having a birthday party for my two little girls in a couple of weeks, and I plan on making your pumpkin chocolate brownies as part of a healthy brownie spread. :-) My daughter is not much for cake, but she loves chocolate, so I figured 5 different types of brownies would make her happy! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

14. Mozzie says:

chocolate pumpkin brownie! that’s my fave of the year 😀

15. That’s a lot of pumpkin! The blog world totally does go crazy for pumpkin – it’s insane. I’m planning on making your pumpkin baked oatmeal Thanksgiving morning!

16. brianna says:

That first pie with chocolate looks awesome. I’m realizing I haven’t had nearly enough pumpkin spice lattes this year.

17. Awesome round-up!

But to answer your question… I love pumpkin and I don’t want Thanksgiving to come because then people will stop posting recipes. Lol. Not me though; I consume pumpkin YEAR ROUND!! :)

18. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Please, oh please, tell me it isn’t so! I may go into mourning. I don’t know if I can handle pumpkin season coming to an end already. Boo. Hiss.

19. Haha I LOVE pumpkin so no issues here! I actually made your peanut butter pumpkin cups for a blogger bookclub here in Chicago and they were a huge hit! Althought I used sunbutter since we had some nut allergies

20. as much as i enjoyed pumpkin around this time of the year- I am ready for cranberry action now. your recipes are always top notch katie :)

21. Thanks so much for linking up to me Katie! I’ve been keeping pace with you, pretty much trying every pumpkin recipe you’ve posted for the last week or so, but there are still some more to try, and obviously the others you linked to from the blog world. Can’t wait!

22. kspar66 says:

I made your Crustless pumpkin pie and totally looove it! It was soo good topped with Luna and Larry’s Vanilla Island.

23. Julia Smith says:

OMG its the end of pumpkin-ness! I am on team pumpkinnn! But I also LOVE christmas cookies so I am sooooo ready for that yayyyY!! Super excited for things to come! :)

24. Julia Smith says:

OMG its the end of pumpkin-ness! I am on team pumpkinnn! But I also LOVE christmas cookies so I am sooooo ready for that yay!! Super excited for things to come! :)

25. Mmm can never have enough pumpkin recipes! I am so ready for Christmas, though!

26. Erin says:

Okay, pumpkin-baking season CAN NOT be almost over. It won’t be for me anyway. I’ve been stuck at college on a required meal plan with zero access to a kitchen… although I actually bought a can of pumpkin to make oatmeal with in my microwave but realized I didn’t have a can opener. Argh. Going home for Thanksgiving & Christmas breaks = lots of pumpkin baking! :)

27. Never used to like pumpkin until one day when I put it in a batch of overnight oats. I guess I am on team pumpkin but not a fanatic!

28. Thanks for the delicious recipe round up! I’m planning on making those Reese’s Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups asap!

29. i’m on team ‘jealous of everyone who celebrates thanksgiving cos I always feel as though i’m missing out!’ oh… and I think palooza might me my new favourite word :-)

30. It’s never the end of pumpkin IMO 😉 But I’ll happily embrace all things cranberry and minty too!

31. I’m on Team Pumpkin pretty much from September – March =). Thanks so much for including a link to my Pumpkin Oat Bars!

32. Yay! That pie and those muffins look fantastic! I really can’t wait to give them a go!

33. Lia says:

This is WAY too much fun!!!

34. Those pumpkin pie reeces look amazing I haven’t seen those ones before. Thanks for the round up of pumpkin recipes.

35. We have loads of fresh pumpkin in the house and I have been looking for different things to do with it! Thanks! I am thinking the pumpkin reeses.

36. Melissa says:

I’m not a terribly huge fan of pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice lattes (I find the latter disgustingly over-sweet), but I like other things pumpkin. Like pumpkin bread. Mmmmm…And my 7 month old LOVES pumpkin. :-) I mix pumpkin and bananas for his breakfast and he gobbles it up!

37. alyssa booko says:

also katie how much stevia is in the packets you are speaking of for the crustless pumpkin pie. can i get a measurement like teaspoon, etc
    thanx

38. Rachel says:

I have become pretty pumpkin obsessed! I just bought more canned pumpkin from Costco today. I don’t care that thanksgiving is only two days away, I will continue using it. How can you beat adding such a delicious and healthy veggie into baked goods? :) I have made eight of your pumpkin recipes so far. I think it should be my mission to make them all!! Thanks for the roundup!

Happy Thanksgiving!

39. Michelle says:

Team pumpkin for sure

40. great list.. i need to start trying out your recipes.

41. Ali says:

YUM. I just moved to a new country but as soon as I have a kitchen I’m coming back to this page!
    I’m definitely on team pumpkin. We don’t go as crazy for it in Australia as you guys do (most people don’t associate it with sweet dishes/treats at all) but I love roast pumpkin and I make a pretty good pumpkin pie!
    story time: a few years ago my canadian friend had a canadian girlfriend come to stay with him in australia. She wanted to make thanksgiving dinner for everyone and I was really excited because we don’t usually celebrate it, but I’d done thanksgiving dinner with an american friend once and loved it. So naturally, I got totally pumped for an evening of turkey and pumpkin pie. I turn up and she’d bought a roast chicken (because turkeys are expensive in australia. umm HELLO, it’s a special occasion! and you don’t have to buy a whole one for six people!) and NO PUMPKIN PIE. know what her excuse was? you can’t buy canned pumpkin in australia. we were all staring at the poor girl like she was an alien – partly cause we’d never heard of canned pumpkin, and partly cause… had she never heard of… you know… real pumpkin?
    anyway. every year since I’ve made thanksgiving dinner with this friend (the girlfriend is long gone) and made a point to buy real turkey and make pumpkin pie! from real pumpkin!

1. I had a similar experience when I was England doing my student teaching. My supervising teacher wanted me to make pumpkin pie with the class… I must have gone to at least 10 different stores asking for “tinned pumpkin,” which, of course, I never found! I’m not sure that it ever would have occurred to me to use REAL pumpkin, though I’m not sure if they had those either!

As far as I’m concerned pumpkin season does not have to end! I’m rather “famous” for making pumpkin muffins all year round!

42. Katie – All of these look incredible. I want to make a huge pumpkin feast for Thanksgiving. :)

Thank you for including my trail mix!

43. Anonymous says:

A friend of mine made pumpkin cheesecake muffins and they were hands down the best thing I’ve ever tasted. You could create your own recipe and add it to your book :) I think we’d all buy it. I HIGHLY recommend this recipe!

44. laura says:

How could someone not be on team pumpkin? especially with all these great recipes!
    Am I the only one who’s squash crazy all year round? :)

45. Hi Katie! I think I’m going to whip up the no bake pumpkin pie if I have time tonight. It’s too easy to pass up. I told my mom about your canned coconut milk trick to make whip cream and she couldn’t believe it. Thanks for all you do…you never cease to amaze me! Happy Thanksgiving!

46. adorpheus says:

Pumpkin related cooking lasts until at least January 1 for me!! Pumpkin pies are normal to make at Christmas, right? 😉

47. Kelsey says:

I opened a can of pumpkin and made a few of your recipes today. Pumpkin snack bars—cooked them for 25 minutes. SOOOO yummy! My favorite BY FAR! I did your no-bake oatmeal pumpkin cookies–but I did bake them for 10 min at 350. Also very yummy! And I made your pumpkin peanut butter bites—I did sweeten the pumpkin filling with some vanilla and agave. So excited to share them with the family tomorrow! Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving! You are a blessing!

48. Marianne says:

Just in case you need a savoury pumpkin recipe (you know, if you go through pumpkin withdrawal or something), try out my pumpkin coconut corn chowder –> http://frenchfriestoflaxseeds.com/2012/11/19/pumpkin-corn-coconut-chowder/

Happy Thanksgiving!

49. Happy Thanksgiving Katie!!!! I love this post. Pumpkin for ever and ever and ever!! XO Moni

50. I love pumpkin!!!!! There are so many ways you can you it (just like you showed in your 35 pumpkin recipe list). I personally love it in my vegan pumpkin milkshake (made from organic vanilla soymilk, pumpkin puree, frozen banana, and pumpkin spice with toasted pecans stirred it). Thanks for all of your recipes for pumpkin — I know my cans of pumpkin won’t be going to waste! 😀

51. Christian Rene Friborg says:

Wow! This is a lot!!! Can’t wait to do these pumpkin recipes. Thanks Katie, Happy Thanksgiving! 😀

52. Taryn says:

YUM! I am 100% on Team Pumpkin, and I will definitely be trying a few of those recipes. I might need to stock up on the cheap canned pumpkin before the stores decide pumpkin season is over!

53. Claire says:

I made your crustless pumpkin pie for the holiday and it was fantastic! Thanks for sharing, love reading your blog, too!!

54. Erin says:

Team Pumpkin! Thanks for posting this–I have been trying to find new things to do with the pumpkin, given that I am SICK of pumpkin pie! :) I’m totally for year-round pumpkin love, but definitely around the cold, winter months.

55. Christian Rene Friborg says:

I’ve tried this recipe last Thanksgiving and my family and friends enjoyed it!! Team pumpkin! :)

56. Vyvacious says:

I’ve stocked up on RIDICULOUS amounts of canned pumpkin to keep me going through the holiday season. I’m a pumpkin-lovin’ gal 😛 You want to know what’s weird though? I have yet to actually make something with pumpkin this holiday season…oops!

57. Lori Vellardito says:

I am drooling looking at these wonderful recipes and which I could just pick one off the screen and eat it! YUM!

58. Lori Vellardito says:

Make that “wish”

59. Katherine says:

KATIE!!! THE PUMPKIN BARS ARE SOOO GOOD!!! oh my gosh they are SO delicious. I want to DEVOUR the entire pan right now. but they are really hot, so i’m gonna wait a few minutes :) but really, they are amazing. I actually followed your recipe to a tee, so maybe that’s why it worked so well? I used Libby’s canned pumpkin, and I will have pumpkin pie oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow, and a bar with my lunch, and maybe more of the leftover pumpkin on an apple when I come home from cross country after school tomorrow? Does apple and pumpkin sound good or disgusting? sometimes i try to be creative with my food and it turns out really revolting and makes me want to never eat either of the foods again. Like apples and tomatoes don’t go together. Just saying.

60. Val says:

I was wondering if you had any casserole-like recipes that a big family would all enjoy? Something without tofu because none of my family is into that, and probably no nondairy cheese either.
    I know these are CRAZY requirements but if you posted something I would never ever ever stop thanking you! <3
    Love your blog btw.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Try some of these: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/category/healthy-meal-ideas/
      The polenta casserole is good, and the mac and cheese is really good as well.

1. Val says:

Thank you so much! This will come in handy since Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up!! :)

61. Julie says:

These look terrific, can’t wait to try some.

62. Amanda says:

Pumpkins make me Giddy! So much so that i will be painting a wall in my kitchen pumpkin orange. thanks for these! my kids and I bake our pumpkins from the patch and make our own puree so this will be a great place to start on using it up.

63. Katherine says:

Katie? is the end of september too early to start giving us pumpkin recipes? I am in love with pumpkin right now, and I need help using it! I would really love some easy (and inexpensive) way to make a pumpkin dessert that has protein in it without having protein powder. Please? I’ll be your best frieeeeeennd :)

64. Judy Kelly says:

Yu can always tell when fall is here
    With all the wonderful holiday Reciepes
    Coming out in pumpkin
    Love my pumpkin thanks for your great
    Blog keep em coming
    Judy

65. Bethany says:

Team pumpkin all the way!

66. Tracy-lee says:

Love how you have so many sweet dishes made from pumpkin – particularly pumpkin sweet treats that are made using healthier ingredients. I have been making some dairy free ice cream using pumpkin although it is generally not an ingredient that we would tend to use for sweet dishes in Australia it is definitely an ingredient that I will be using in the future to make more healthy desserts.

67. Rosemary says:

I just had the non-vegan version of this and I’m wondering what you think.
    I’m thinking – earth balance butter, banana/applesauce for eggs and canned coconut milk for evaporated milk.
    Upside Down Pumpkin Cake. It was so yummy with the nuts and the pumpkin and I read that Dunkin Hines cake mixes are vegan (http://www.isitvegan.com/2011/07/05/are-any-duncan-hines-cake-mixes-or-frostings-vegan/)
    What do you think?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

If you experiment, definitely be sure to report back. It sounds delicious!

68. eljah*B says:

Hi Katie!
    I am beyond excited to have come across your blog today while “pinning” away. Fall is my favorite time of year and I can’t wait to try out these pumpkin recipes. I had to share your blog with my Etsy shop fans at http://www.facebook.com/eljahb. I invite you to also stop by my shop. I have cute fall banners to go with your amazing recipes:) http://www.eljahb.etsy.com

I’ll be stopping by often.
    Many blessings!!
    Rachel

69. Lynn says:

Hi!
    I am looking for your Healthy Pumpkin Muffin recipe and can’t seem to locate it. Can you e-mail it to me or send me the link?
    Thanks,