My Interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Sorry for the lack of new posts lately… It has been a CRAZY weekend!

As I mentioned a few days ago on the blog, my world was turned completely upside-down last week when I received an email from a writer for The Ellen DeGeneres Show, wanting to know if I was interested in being a guest on their “15 Minutes of Fame” segment.

!!!!!

Was I interested? Were they kidding?!

ellen denegeres katie

I stared at that email over and over again, thinking there was no way it could be real. And even now, I still can’t believe it actually happened!

On Wednesday night I flew to California, and the next morning a car took me to the Warner Bros. Studio, where I was met by a wonderful lady (named Sandy), who first gave me a quick tour of the studio. I followed her in a daze, and when she introduced me to Ellen, I don’t even remember what I said. I was so nervous!

The segment was taped in front of a live audience: we talked about the blog, about chocolate, about being vegan, and about Ellen’s favorite dessert in the whole world. But I’m not going to tell you what her favorite dessert is… you will have to wait and find out when the show airs. Smile

After the interview, they led me backstage, and Justin Timberlake—also a guest on the show—was standing right there in front of me! (Was this real life?) I almost screamed… or maybe I really did scream. Yikes embarrassing. He didn’t have time to chat (a good thing, because there’s no way I would’ve said anything coherent at that point), but he was kind enough to pose for a quick photo:

justin timberlake katie

If you are the type of person who doesn’t usually pay attention to the date, and if the waxy perfectness of Justin Timberlake’s skin in the above photo didn’t immediately give it away, you might want to check the date at the top of this post. It should clear a few things up.

Link of the Day:

healthy milkshake

………Chocolate Protein Milkshake

1. Oh my gosh I totally believed it until the end… Hilarious!!!!

2. Wow! That’s so cool, Katie! I’m sure you did great! I can’t wait to se your segment!

1. oh gosh, I’m so easily fooled! Goodness! Hahah!

3. chelsey says:

Totally fell for it! Nice one! 😉

4. I’m pretty glad this was a prank. I kept thinking “why does her face look weird in that first picture, and why does JT look kind of nasty?”

5. Joy @ Caspara says:

Hahaha! Very clever! Ellen’s show will happen one of these days, I’m sure! 🙂

6. Ashleysh22 says:

oh no! I am so bad at April fools – were you FOR REAL on Ellen Degeneres show? I’m much too gullible for my own good!

1. Lauren says:

IKR!? I am way to gullible. ( most of the time i hope. 🙂 )

4/5

4/5

2. Laureng says:

oh my gosh i was totally fooled until i saw the face in the first pic. Justin timberlake still looks real tho. :0 i am waaaaaaaay to gullible sometimes!

4/5

4/5

7. Hahaha, good one! I was staring at the pictures thinking “What the heck is wrong with my computer? Whyyyyyyyy do they all look so weird?” I keep forgetting the significance of today!

Someday you’ll be on Ellen for real. 🙂

8. Alyssa says:

I was about to ask when the segment airs, why you photoshopped your face onto that person next to Ellen and why you posed with a wax Justin Timberlake figure. I hate the first day of April!! I’m always on guard!

9. fitfoodiele says:

YOU GOT ME GOOD! lololol!!! i do hope you somehow make it on the show, that would be AWESOME!! keep doing what you do!

10. Alanna says:

Haha — you totally had me!

11. Karen says:

Well, another episode of Gullible’s Travels for me. The reason so many started out believing is because it COULD realistically happen. Since Ellen’s vegan, she certainly could be interested in one day having a successful vegan blogger on her show.

12. haha good one! Even though I could tell the first picture was photo shopped I still was buying it!

13. Eris says:

Wow I actually believed you. I kept looking for a date on the pic with “you and justin” i totally forgot its april 1st today

14. Eris says:

oh and if you ever DO figure out what Ellens favorite dessert is let me know!

15. Andrea says:

Justin Timberlake was the give away. Before that I was questioning your fashion choice for live TV, LOL. Good job on the pictures, I really believed Ellen was a possibility for you! 🙂 Love your website, been following you for a couple of years now.

16. Barrie says:

You so suck! LOL 🙂 I was so excited for you till….grumph! Good one!

17. Snack Girl says:

I took the bait – someday this won’t be a joke!!!

18. Kelly says:

Woah =.= I dont understand anything until i read the comments below
    good job Katie haha

19. kara says:

hahahahahahaha!

20. Julia says:

OMG so funny!!! XD I was like what is wrong with her hair lol I didn’t get it until I read the comments! Omg that was a awesome prank!! 😛