Pinterest Not Working?

I wasn’t planning to post anything today.

But that unfortunately changed after I started receiving a lot of very angry emails… for something I didn’t actually do!

If you were one of the thousands of people who received an email message from Pinterest yesterday, saying I reported your pin and didn’t want you to pin my recipes, this is absolutely NOT true. I have no idea why they’d send out such a message… It’s either spam or a very strange Pinterest glitch. Pinterest not working much?

As is obvious by the fact that I have a pin button and a Chocolate Pinterest Board, I very much love and appreciate when people pin my recipes. My Pinterest board has already lost followers from this, and goodness knows how many people will never pin my recipes again because they think I don’t want them to! Nothing could be further from the truth.

pinterest not working

Pinterest does know about the issue, and they’re working on resolving it. In their words, “…this is a big deal and we really messed up. I’ll have our copyright team look into this ASAP.” Hopefully their help desk will be able to reinstate all of the chocolate frosting shots pins they deleted from your boards! In the meantime, please accept my apologies for everything, and do not worry about pinning or repinning from my site in the future… I always appreciate it.

I’m honored when people pin things from my site!

Be back tomorrow… with chocolate.

1. Lisa says:

Very random! I didn’t receive an e-mail, but hopefully they can fix it up asap for you!

2. How crazy! I know sharing recipes on pintrest is a wonderful traffic source for many bloggers!

3. Kelsey says:

Sorry Pinterest is being weird on you! I got the email and concluded it was a glitch! Everything looked legit! Hopefully everyone else figures it wasn’t you also!

4. That’s so weird… I’ve never heard of that happening before!

I’m sure they’ll get it fixed asap :)

5. Shelly says:

wow… that is crazy and I have to wonder.. why would anyone be on Pinterest if they didn’t want their pics repinned?

6. Dipitie says:

I can pretty much guarantee that they are spammers being jerks. But that still sucks :(

7. Sorry to hear of this “glitch” that impacts your business. While social media is a great tool for us to share ideas and raise awareness of our businesses and our blogs, it is a shame with it works against us. Hopefully the issue will be quickly resolved, and your loyal fans will help spread the word and your viewers will increase as a result.

8. Jane says:

Just so you know, I did NOT get any such email, so I guess it’s good that not every single person who re-pinned your pins got one? Anyway, that is WEIRD and a big pain in the butt and I hope it blows over soon.

9. Dana says:

Ugh. I’m so sorry you’re gong through this. I’ve been on Pinterest FOREVER & you were one of the 1st people I started pinning. You have ALWAYS been SO sweet & helpful & even though I’m sure you don’t remember…you have ALWAYS answered my questions & replied to me when I’ve wrote you. Really appreciate it & you. Hope it gets fixed soon.

10. amanda says:

Im so sorry that happened to you!! Also it would be pretty hard for anyone to stay mad at you when you offer to return with chocolate tomorrow 😉

11. Ashli says:

If they could just leave well enough alone…sheesh! Hopefully this won’t run people off of Pinterest!

12. Natasha says:

That’s so weird. I didn’t receive an email. I did receive that email about another blogger a while back and thought it was weird, now I wonder if that was also a mistake.

13. melissa @ my whole food life says:

That is strange. I haven’t seen that at all. Probably some weird glitch. I know as a blogger, its an honor when someone re-pins my pins. We love sharing! Sorry that happened to you.

14. betty hatfield says:

I’m so sorry this happened to you. You’re one of the sweetest people on the internet.

15. Kristin says:

Wowsers- I hope it wasnt a hack that someone figured out. So sorry and hope Pinterest is able to work it out for you. You do awesome work!

16. Amber says:

That stinks! Try not to be too upset about it. If people got took it personally and sent you mean emails, then I’m sure they have some personal issues about taking offense that they need to work on. You can’t hold yourself responsible for other people’s feelings when you had nothing to do with it. Hopefully they will see your post and realize it’s not your fault . Keep on keeping on and making wonderful chocolatey things! P.S. I love your tofu chocolate mousse and black bean brownies. They make me happy :)

17. Kai says:

Wow! That totally sucks! What an impact on your business. Hope that gets fixed up. :(

18. April says:

I didn’t get an email yesterday. But I’m sorry if you lost any fans due to pinterest. Since I’m on pinterest the most instead of here or facebook that is where I get all your recipes. I got an email from pinterest a couple months ago from another recipe board that didn’t want people repinning their recipes. I unfollowed so I didn’t make that mistake again. Seriously why post on a site where repinning is the whole idea.

19. Amanda says:

I got the e-mail over the weekend and I was so confused! I was like aw, why was it reported, she loves when people pin things! Sorry this happened to you. Thank you for clearing it up!

20. Kathy says:

I didn’t get the email, but I did get one a couple of months ago about someone else’s pin. Makes me wonder if it was the same issue!