Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Batman vs. the Watermelon

Some superheroes battle villains.

Others fight injustice.

puppy watermelon

Batman protects the world from dangerous watermelons.

Whatever would we do without him?

batman fighting

dog playing

The watermelon was sitting on the kitchen counter when Batman came in and suddenly began barking like crazy. He was absolutely beside himself and just would not stop, so I put the watermelon down on the floor to show him it wasn’t a threat.

Batman obviously disagreed with me, as he proceeded to suspiciously prod the fruit with his nose, growling and barking for a good five minutes before finally giving up. Then he fell asleep.

sleeping puppy

All in a day’s work for a superhero.

1. AW! I love it! Batman is so cute! Thanks for sharing, Katie! It really made my day brighter! God bless! :)

2. This made me laugh and reminded me of when my dog was a puppy. She once did the same thing with a pumpkin! Dogs are sure hilarious.

3. Liv says:

Haha, this is too cute! My little dog reacts the same way with vacuum cleaners 😛

4. Sage Grayson says:

Oh my gosh, that’s too cute! It can be exhausting protecting the family from evil fruit. :)

5. Awww your dog is so cute and I LOVE that is name is Batman! Enjoy your Sunday :)

6. Alice says:

Did Batman join the people who say fruit is not good for you because of the sugar? O.O Nah, I don’t think so, he’s way too cute for that.
    I bet you are very proud of him for being such a brave little protector-dog 😉

7. Emily says:

awww, batman! he’s so adorable!!!

8. Jackie says:

That is so funny! My dog does the same thing with our vacuum. What kind of dog is Batman? He is so cute! And I love that name. Thank you for all the great recipes – looking forward to your cookbook.

1. He’s a rescued Chihuahua mix… I am convinced there’s a big dog somewhere inside of him, though ;).

9. Samantha says:

So sweet! I love seeing him again, it has been awhile. it is funny what the pups consider a threat!

10. Am says:

That is soo cuuute! Thanks for sharing :)!

11. Carla Abreu says:

Aw! So cute! I wonder what else he’s mixed with, very unique looking!
    I’ve noticed something…your website home page always shows up with a normal ad at the top, then you have to scroll down for a good while to see your logo/title, “Chocolate-Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog”. I’m using Firefox on a pretty modern PC. Just wanted to let you know in case it’s not meant to be like that! x

1. Hey Carla,
      Thanks for letting me know. Could you possibly send a screen shot? Email address is chocolatecoveredkatie at msn. If you don’t get a chance, no worries… but I’m curious to know what it looks like for you since I’ve never heard of anyone having that issue before and want to know about any problems that might exist.

1. Karen w. says:

The same thing was happening to me when I was looking at your site on my moms computer earlier today. I am currently on my iPhone which is what I usually use and I don’t have a problem on here.

1. If anyone could send a screen shot, I would appreciate it so much. Sorry for the trouble 😕

12. Harsha says:

This entire post is too precious for words. I am in love with batman now….

13. Ellen says:

Clearly it must be exhausting being such a valiant pup.

14. Emilia says:

May I ask how old are you?(:

15. Haha I got a dog about 3 weeks ago and he did the same basic thing to a pizza. But I think that was because he wanted the pepperoni…

16. babette says:

Your dog’s name is Batman?! I love it!

17. AnnikaCatarina says:

That is so so cute !! He Looks Super adorable!! :-)

18. Joy says:

What a good dog protecting you from that bad fruit 😉
    So cute