Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes

I realize not everyone loves to plan in advance like I do.

It’s two days until Thanksgiving, which probably means many of you still have absolutely no clue what you’ll be making for the holiday feast. (Grocery shopping on Thanksgiving Eve… good luck with that.) For healthy Thanksgiving recipe inspiration, here are 18 ideas that will make a great addition to any Thanksgiving table. Starting with the healthy desserts:

healthy pumpkin pie

Apple Crumble Bars

Sweet Potato Cupcakes

Pumpkin Brownies

Paying homage to Chandler Bing:

vegan mac and cheese

Vegan Macaroni and Cheese

And the rest of the non-desserts:

mushroom dinner

Protein Mushroom Stroganoff

Healthy Cornbread

healthy thanksgiving recipes

“Bread Free” Vegan Stuffing

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

healthy thanksgiving

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

cauliflower alfredo

Cauliflower Alfredo

Question of the Day:

Do you know what you’re making for Thanksgiving?

And if you need some inspiration for healthy recipes that call for canned pumpkin, be sure to check out the following link: 22 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes

1. Melissa says:

Yum, all of these recipes sound excellent! I love all the ingredients!

2. Margaret says:

Thank you, Katie! I’m very grateful for your frequent recipes and your wonderfully sunny approach to life. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

3. Susan says:

I’ve known for weeks that I would be making a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. We are traveling and will spend the day with the family of one of our daughters-in-law, where we just need to make a simple contribution. I’m with you on liking to plan (and shop) well ahead of time, and am also glad that we don’t have to do Thanksgiving dinner at home… 🙂 Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

4. Karen says:

Just wondering, did you know your healthy pumpkin pie was mentioned with link on the VegNews “Downright Delicious Desserts Thanksgiving Recipies” site?
    See # 10 here:
    Way to go, Katie!

5. MaryEllen says:

I cannot get the link to the bread-free stuffing to work. Is there a website for that recipe? Thanks!

1. I wondered the same thing but then I remembered she’s posted it before. Here’s the link

1. MaryEllen says:

Thanks so much!!

6. Kate says:

LOVING the look of that crustless pumpkin pie! Been struggling with how to do a grain-free pumpkin pie, and I think you just solved my problem. Thanks!

7. Katy says:

Planning in advance is definitely necessary when it comes to holiday baking and cooking. Great ideas here Katie!

8. oh my gosh, those apple breakfast enchiladas look amazing! I need to get some more apples in my life asap!

9. Wow…how do you choose just one to make?! Forget Thanksgiving dinner…i would jump right to dessert 😉

10. Alex @ Cookie Dough Katzen says:

I have a can of pumpkin waiting to be used for my dessert. I’m the worst planner, but luckily our meal has already been planned by various family members. Have a great Thanksgiving Katie!

11. miriam says:

I’ve been making a crustless pumpkin pie for years – I always “doctor” the spices (i.e. add far more than the recipe says) because I really like a spicy, fragrant dessert.
    Thanks for this! I have to try the cauliflower alfredo at some point…
    I’m making an apple crumble, subbing in some almond flour to the crumble, along with a bit of Chinese Five Spice – stole the idea from an email that suggested adding it to pumpkin for more of a kick (it works just as well with apples too!)

12. Sara @ LovingOnTheRun says:

Ugh I really need to start planning and figuring out what I am going to be making! It is just my husband and I this year so I don’t want to go too out of control!

13. Thanks for sharing these great recipes Katie. I have made many of these and love them, but I haven’t tried the cauliflower alfredo yet. That will be next on the list. Have a great Thanksgiving!

14. EVA says:

Alas, being the only one with dietary needs in my giant-ass family of 30+, I’ll be bringing my own dairy free mashed potatoes and vegetables, and if I feel like it, gluten free gravy. Not sure if I feel like it.
    They better have cranberry sauce.

I WOULD be making your crustless pumpkin pie which has been a link in which I constantly click to lust over. BUT, I don’t have the ingredients nor the $$$. Good thing Larabar made a pumpkin pie flavor that my mom got me as a gift. I don’t care what angst says, moms really do care.

15. Stacia says:

These look so yummy! I already know what I’m making for Thanksgiving (butternut squash soup and almond butter pumpkin cake, both gluten free), but I will definitely come back to these at some point!

16. Lauren says:

I just made a gluten-free and regular batch of both your skinny snickerdoodles and inside-out pumpkin stuffed chocolate cookies to bring to my grandparents’ house for Thanksgiving!

Unfortunately I forgot to add the nut butter to the gluten free inside out cookies, so those are a little funky, but the rest are pretty good!

17. Ok so I keep seeing this pizookie everywhere! I need to make it… SOON!

18. Tammy says:

Just wanted you to know that I tell all my friends about your website. I made the protein bars and they were a home run. Enjoy your Thanks Giving!

19. Tara says:

I’m making your sweet potato muffin recipe!

20. Happy Thanksgiving Katie! Thank you for all these wonderful recipes! Canadian thanksgiving has already past but I can’t wait to use some of your dessert recipes for Christmas! 😀