Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

13 Heart Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Dessert Recipes

mint chocolate fudge pie

Above, my homemade Mint Chocolate Fudge Pie Recipe

I have *sort of* been to Ireland. At the time, I was about negative 3 months old (as in, not yet born) and therefore didn’t get to see any of the country. But technically, I was there.

mint chocolate nanaimo bars

Above, homemade No Bake Chocolate Nanaimo Bars

Just as I’ve not really been to Ireland, some of the Healthy St. Patrick’s Day desserts of this post are not really Irish (Nanaimo bars, for example, are Canadian) and are included in the recipe round-up due to their festive color. Next year’s round up will most likely contain more actual traditional Irish desserts, as researching for this post got me inspired. Bread pudding? Apple oatmeal crumble? Chocolate cake made with potatoes? I want those!

Click on each photo to see the recipe:

shamrock shake   st. patricks day recipes
……..Healthy Shamrock Shakes                                Chocolate Guinness Brownies

apple crumble   chocolate truffles
Healthy Single Serving Apple Crumble                   Dark Chocolate Emerald Truffles

mint brownies   crockpot oatmeal
……….Raw Thin Mint Brownies                        Customizable Slow Cooker Oatmeal

mint chocolate chip cupcakes    mint chocolate cake
……..Monster Chocolate Cupcakes                    Peppermint Patty Double Layer Cake

grasshopper pie   bread pudding
…….Raw Chocolate Grasshopper Pie          Clean Eating Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding

Apple Crumble Bars
……………………………….Buttery Hot Apple Pie Crumble Bars

Do you have plans for St. Patrick’s Day? Will you be wearing green?

Half of my wardrobe is green, so I’m all set :)

1. We are having a party with green food and everyone wearing green. I shall be making one of your desserts :)

2. Kennedy says:

Chocolate cake made with potatoes! Where has this been all my life?! I know what I’m finding a recipe for this weekend…Thanks!!

3. Leah says:

Surprised you didn’t mention Pie Day too – it’s 3/14. Pie roundup next?

4. Bianca says:

So I’m sitting at my desk and my tummy is grumbling for lunch (and it’s only 10:38 am!) already despite my Vega smoothie this morning. I wish I had all of these desserts right now!

5. Lots of delicious vegan green fun :) Great collection!

6. Every time you post that mint chocolate pie, I make a mental note to make it…and never do. Maybe St. Patrick’s Day is the push I need! Thanks for sharing :)

As for St. Patrick’s Day, I work at a school, so we’re all festive over here! I may drink some Jameson and make some soda bread.

7. We don’t celebrate St. Patrick’s day in Germany, but it’s my MIL’s name’s day which she celebrates. She’s totally sweet toothed, so I’m going to make one of these recipes for her and tell her about St. Patrick’s day :)

8. Those raw thin mint brownies are totally up my alley! I have to travel next week and they’ll be perfect to take on the plane with me. Great round up, thanks Katie!

9. Abby says:

How are these heart healthy?

10. Happy St. Paddy’s Day Katie! Wonderful recipes – can’t wait to try your nanaimo bars 😀

11. Mmmm, that cake and the Guinness brownies both look soooooooooo delicious. Thank goodness it’s nearly the weekend so I can go home and make these.

12. So much sweet goodness, I need to try the thin mint recipe. Thanks!

13. I love your blog, I am coming here for awhile now. I am going to check these mint brownies now:)

14. I own ONE green shirt and it makes its appearance every St Patty’s day…sad I know! I even went to Ireland and came back with a blue shirt lol. All of these look great.. I’m thinking I need to try the Guinness brownies this weekend!

15. Steph says:

Look at all your wonderful green recipes, they look so vibrant and delicious! I want to try the emerald truffles and the shamrock shakes!

16. Abby says:

i will have to wear green because i have red hair and I’m going to be pinched either way. Most likely i will have to deal with “abby its your heritage day for your people” . haha i am a natural red haired girl so i guess that is what i get

17. EVA says:

Guess what everyone? I FINALLY nabbed some cocoa powder from visiting my house this weekend, so the Guinness brownies are a go. I guess I’ll be spending my Patty’s day whipping them up whilst doing homework and wearing my Green Bay Packers apparel as it’s the only green I have. I’m not Irish, so this isn’t much of a holiday for me whatsoever. Though, my mom’s name is Patricia, and she gets all excited because it’s her “patron saint” day. At least she brings some UNF to this holiday in my household!

18. Kayla says:

Oh my goodness these look so delicious, how it is possible that they are all healthy?! I would eat these just because they taste good- being healthy is just a bonus!

19. Kari says:

They all look so bright and lovely. Thanks for sharing, happy st Patricks day!

20. Patty says:

Katie ~ I just have to tell you, your recipes and pics make my mouth water. I swear, I can taste the food just by looking at it. Thank you so much for all your hard work! I have been following your blog for quite a while now (about 2 years), I have made a number of your awesome recipes, and I have never had anything that tasted awful. I especially love your recent oatmeal recipes. I try to follow a low carb, low glycemic diet , and use as many raw foods as I can. I know it is a mix of “whatever”, but I love, love, love your desserts. I usually sub out stevia or xylitol for all the sugar, and sometimes I have to play around with the tastes and textures because of that, but I have never been disappointed enough to chuck the whole batch of whatever it is–I usually end up incorporating my “not so great” experiments into some kind of a smoothie, so I don’t waste ingredients. Also wanted to let you know—I am a retired grandmother so your blog doesn’t just appeal to the “younger generation” I Just wanted to tell you—-YOU ROCK! Keep it up—we love ya!

21. Line says:

Love your site Katie. Use your recipes everytime I feel like baking. A little challenge for you: Can you come up with a healthier recipe of chocolate fondant cakes? :)
    Have a fab day!

1. I can put it on my list of things to try!