Tiramisu Pancakes

Chocolate Covered Katie

Thank you to everyone who likes The Chocolate-Covered Katie Facebook Page.

On Saturday, it reached 100,000 facebook likes, and I can’t even find words for how much your support means to me. THANK YOU!!

Cappuccino Pancakes

There will be a giant “thank you” giveaway up next week. But today I want to show my appreciation with Tiramisu Pancakes.

Tiramisu Pancakes

High in protein.

Low in calories.

Cholesterol-free.

With a sugar-free option.

It tastes like eating dessert for breakfast!

Cappuccino Pancakes

Tiramisu Pancakes

Inspired by my Oatmeal Pancakes

• 1/2 cup spelt, white, or Bob’s gf flour (65g)
  • 3 tbsp rolled oats (15g)
  • just under 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch stevia, or 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • 1 tsp instant coffee granules (I like Mt. Hagen)
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice (Decrease by 2 tbsp if using maple syrup) (120g)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp oil (10g)
  • optional: Add a little rum extract if desired, or replace 2 tsp of the milk with rum

For the Frosting:

• 1/4 cup cream cheese (such as Daiya or Tofutti) (60g)
  • 1/4 cup Mori-Nu tofu OR more cream cheese (60g)
  • 2 tbsp milk of choice (30g)
  • pinch pure stevia, or 2 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar (Or use a liquid sweetener and decrease the milk)
  • cocoa powder for dusting (important)

Combine all pancake dry ingredients in a bowl, and stir very well. In a separate bowl, whisk together all pancake liquid ingredients. Pour dry into wet, and stir to form a batter. (If the batter is too thin–which might be the case if using cup measurements–just add a little extra flour until you achieve a pancake-esque batter.) Lightly grease a medium skillet, then place over medium heat. When the pan is hot, drop small ladelfuls of batter onto the skillet. Using a spatula, flip the pancakes when the edges begin to look dry. Allow to cook one additional minute, then remove from heat. Makes 10-12 silver-dollar pancakes, or 1-2 servings. For the frosting: Blend all ingredients together until completely smooth. You’ll only use about half the frosting… but, for smoothest blending, it’s best to make a full batch unless you have a tiny blender. You can always use the extra frosting to top banana bread, baked oatmeal, or my Hummingbird Cupcakes.

Click to see: Tiramisu Pancakes Nutrition Facts

Tiramisu Pancake

Question of the Day:

Do you have a favorite pancake recipe?

Or any requests for the next flavor pancake recipe I should try? In your comments, please feel free to leave links to your favorite pancake recipes on your own sites if you wish.

caul mac

Link of the Day: Cauliflower Mac and Cheese

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. Hmm have been meaning to make some mocha pancakes, but these might just hit the spot! Thanks for a great recipe Katie, I love love love tiramisu! It’s definitely one of my favourite desserts 😀 x

2. anna says:

These look DELICIOUS— a must try!

Also, I love your dress in that top photo! Is it two separate dresses or one? Where did you buy it?

1. It is actually an apron. I think Sur la Table?

3. lori says:

Another “like” for the dress! Where did you get it?

1. Sur la Table, I think. It is an apron 🙂

4. Hollie says:

Anything that tastes like a dessert for breakfast is a win in my book and with coffee? These look great, thanks for sharing!

5. Gail says:

This is our favorite pancake recipe, BY FAR:

It is not vegan, but I supposed Katie can take care of that. =)
    We made changes to suit our family (double the walnuts, add cinnamon, use splenda and agave instead of sugar, use almond milk, grind our own flour) and we serve with our own homemade maple syrup! We think this recipe is superior to those served in that well-known pancake house. =)

6. These look great!
    How about peanut butter and jelly pancakes? Or peanut butter chocolate chip pancakes? I feel like this would work really well with peanut flour.

7. Hayley says:

Tiramisu PANCAKES? Sounds so incredible and so, so indulgent. You look so great in the first photo of the post! Glowing & healthy! Can’t wait to make these pancakes. Oh, and I agree with the person above me. PEANUT BUTTER PANCAKES 🙂

8. Sweet photo 🙂
    And sweet pancakes LOL They look fabulous. Just today I made my favourite, buckwheat pancake. Next time I’ll try these!
    And congrats for the 100,000 likes! You’ve made something extremely well, evidently.

9. Am says:

I had no breakfast plans and had just bought Bob’s Red Mill GF flour for the blueberry muffin loaf, and when I saw these, I was like, “Breakfast solved!” They are absolutely delicious!!!!! I used imitation rum extract, and I love the rum-coffee flavor. I had no cream cheese, so I didn’t have any filling, but they are delicious without. Thank you so much!

1. Am says:

Oh! and super congratulations on 100,000 likes!

1. Thank you so much for making them!

10. Oh my god! I’m sooo going to try these immediately I get my Bachelor papers done and have time to sleep well 🙂

11. Shawna says:

wow. i’m not even much of a pancake person, but these look amazing. i bet my family would loooove these (and i totally wouldn’t tell them they’re healthified!). 🙂

12. Great apron! And those pancakes look absolutely divine! I love cheese and apple pancakes.

13. D says:

Cool shoes! My family looooves Tiramisu and I can’t wait to make these for them.
    Thank you Katie!

14. Yum! These sound amazing!

15. AnnaBananaBelle says:

Wow that looks great! and oh my gosh you look gorgeous Katie! You seriously look absolutely adorable! what a cute dress. 😉

16. Mo says:

Can’t wait to try these =)
    My very favorite pancake recipe is a really old one I got from cooking light. I looked, didn’t see it to link. Pumpkin cornmeal pancakes. Yum!

17. Amelia P. says:

These look amazing! Can’t wait to try them (: Rocking the shoes btw

18. Amber @ Slim Pickin's Kitchen says:

Uuum…yum! I’m always thinking of ways to get more caffeine in my system since my 8 month old has decided that sleeping is for the birds 😉

19. Hilary says:

Thank you so much for posting this recipe! My mom loves tiramisu and what better way to greet her on Mother’s Day than tiramisu pancakes 🙂

20. laura says:

there is an amazing vega/vegetarian restaurant in Toronto, Canada called Fresh that makes the most delicious and giant vegan banana nut buckwheat pancakes. They are super huge and fluffy and filled with lots of banana slices and pistachios, cashews, almond and walnuts! It’s the best because I am gluten and dairy free and finally a pancake recipe I can eat

I am intrigued by this frosting. I own organic meadows cream cheese (not vegan) and mori-nu tofu and will definitely give it a try

1. Lacey D says:

OMG those pancakes sound like they’re to die for… *taking notes*