Chocolate-Covered Katie: What you don’t see on the blog

About a year ago, I published Part 1 of the blooper series:

Food Photography Gone Wrong & How To Photobomb Like Batman.

Seeing as there have been many more food photography bloopers since that post, it is high time to publish Chocolate-Covered Katie Food Photography Bloopers Part 2, with all the spills, explosions, and unsightly messes in a day’s work for a cook and food photographer. Things are about to get ugly…

spilled milk

Don’t cry over spilled Cereal Milk.

batdog

batman

Oy! Batman!

Get away from there!

blooper

Capturing a stack of Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Bites mid-fall.

IMG_0590

And a Chocolate Mayonnaise Cupcakes faceplant.

small chipwich

The Gladiator Chipwitch!

That totally looks like the one you remember from childhood, right??

dog on table

Dear Batman,

Please vacate the table so that I can use it for a photoshoot.

Thanks.

exploding cupcakes

Exploding cupcakes!!

That was fun to clean 😕

pecan pie

Anyone want a slice of burnt chocolate pecan pie? No? No takers?

I can’t possibly imagine why…

fail

Or this.

I was going for flan. But it looks like soap, and it tasted like… also soap.

macaroon less glare

Link of the Day: Chocolate-Covered Katie: My Food Photography Journey

Tags: ,

1. Belle says:

You crack me up! These are funny… and your tag lines make it even funnier! Keep up the great work! My hubby and I are also photographers. Great pictures like yours don’t just happen by chance… you really are quite gifted.

1. Thanks!!
      I’m sure you and your husband must have some great blooper shots too! Sometimes those are even better than the shots you end up keeping, right? :)

2. Claire says:

This post made my day Katie, it’s good to see that food bloggers didn’t all just come out of the womb taking perfect shots, and Batman makes me smile. Thanks for posting!

3. theresa says:

Well, glad to know I am not the only one. I don’t make beautiful food hardly ever, but at least the family says it tastes good so I don’t worry about it. LOL love your photos.

4. Erin says:

I laughed out loud at “But it looks like soap, and it tasted like… also soap.” It’s always refreshing to see that even food bloggers have flops sometimes :)

5. Mary says:

Looks like someone has been snooping in my kitchen :)

6. Miriam says:

Katie, I love baking desserts. It’s why I follow your blog. You have such wonderful ideas! (I’m really glad to know that from time to time, even the professionals can utterly destroy a pecan pie– and it’s not just me.) Thank you for all that you do here. It’s inspirational.

7. Dean says:

It’s funny to see what it actually takes to get the great photos. Haha if I was a little kid and I saw those chipwiches I think I would run! lolol :) great blog btw

8. Alanna says:

lol what was in the exploding cupcakes?? The flan/soap also cracked me up.

1. Daiya cream cheese frosting. Next time I will stuff them after baking!!

1. Alanna says:

Haha! I haven’t been baking as much lately, but I recently bought a bunch of dates at a Middle Eastern market with the intention of making some Fudge Babies! 😉 Still making boatmeal for my morning breakfasts, too. I keep toying with the idea of making a savory boatmeal flavor to change things up from my usual dried cranberry and almond mix, but I’m at a loss what I would include other than the oil and nuts / nut butter!

9. Cucicucicoo says:

Ha! Those are so funny! It’s heartening to see that even expert bloggers/photographers have these sort of bloopers! Thanks for sharing! :) Lisa

10. This is such a funny post! I’m making lots of bloopers in the kitchen. It’s really cool that you’ve taken pictures of yours. I love your blog!

11. Hehe!! My worst was when a whisk fell out of melted chocolate. In the process of falling chocolate exploded across my kitchen.

12. Haha, love these posts! Thanks for sharing! I am sure a lot of fellow food-bloggers can relate, I know I certainly can! x

13. This totally cracked me up! Bloopers are always my faves :-)

14. You still manage to get those photos to look impressive. How clever to catch the brownie photo mid-fall!

15. Leigh says:

Love the behind the scenes! Thanks for sharing. :)

16. Haha! This is funny! I love bloopers of any sort, however this is the first time I’ve seen it on a blog. Thanks for the laughs! :)

17. Hollie says:

It is always interesting to me to see that fancy chefs as yourself have these issues! I love your taglines, I loled at the commentary.

18. Lucia says:

I love the whirligig brownie bites. Action shots could be the latest frontier in food photography!

19. Janelle says:

Isn’t it great when pets can get in on the food blogging action? My cat definitely doesn’t like to be left out of any photo shoots, but I mostly just end up with pictures of her chin as she tries to sniff the camera.

20. Even funnier than the pictures is your commentary! Your flan/soap comment had me cracking up :) It can be sooo frustrating when pictures and recipes don’t work out, but when you look back on them they’re easy to laugh about!