WW Points (new system): 1 point
As a comparison:
A similar-sized Wendy’s vanilla Frosty will have 400 calories, 10 grams fat, 65 grams carbohydrates and… 56 grams of sugar! This recipe yields around 3 cups, so the nutritional info above is per cup.
For the tofu: You have a few options, but please note that these are just ideas I had; I’ve not personally tried them.
- The first option is to replace the cup of tofu with 1 cup of Thai coconut meat.
- Option two is to soak 1 cup cashews overnight, discard the soaking liquid, and use the soaked cashews in place of the tofu.
- Option 3: Make the Voluminous Ice Cream recipe instead, and simply thaw it longer/blend it longer to make a shake instead of ice cream.
- Perhaps vanilla “yogurt” would work, but maybe omit the lemon juice in the recipe if you try this experiment, as yogurt is much more tangy than tofu.
- Finally, I recommend MoriNu silken firm for this recipe, as it has a different texture (and, many say, less of an aftertaste) than refrigerated tofu. But you can definitely try using regular silken tofu and see how it goes!
Other substitutions: I haven’t tried the recipe any other way than written, so I can’t say for sure how any substitutions or omissions will taste. However, I would *think* you could omit the lemon juice. If you’re using the stevia, I recommend NuNaturals as the best, as all the other stevia brands I’ve tried leave an aftertaste. 2 packets NuNaturals stevia is equal to 1 tsp of their powder or 1/16 tsp uncut pure extract (the one without maltodextrin).