There's a Veggie in my Cheesecake!
Thanks to Tiffany for the challenge.
And thanks to reader Bethany-Boo-Boo for the idea to put zucchini in a cheesecake!
Raw “Sneaky Veggie” Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup cashew butter, such as Artisana (about 110g)
- Heaping 1/2 cup raw zucchini (80g)
- Heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- Scant 2T lemon juice (20g)
- 1/2 T water (10g)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Sweetener: I use 8 vanilla drops for me (almost 1/8 tsp), or 20ish for others. If you use a liquid sweetener, omit the water.
Add all the ingredients together and blend very well.
If you’re using a Magic Bullet, you might want to blend the zucchini a little, first, so it doesn’t stay chunky. Transfer your mixture to a pie-crust or cheesecake mold (I actually use an empty soy cream- cheese container) and freeze. Thaw before eating. This makes a mini cheesecake. For a true-sized cheesecake, double or triple the recipe.
- Raw Cookie Dough Pie: add chocolate chips to the batter! Wheeeeee!
- Piña Colada Pie: decrease the sweetener, omit the lemon, and blend in crushed pineapple (or juice)
- Coconut Cream Pie: omit lemon, use coconut butter for cashew
- Cashew Freezer Fudge: freeze in a shallow pan and cut into squares
- Cheesecake Popsicles: freeze in popsicle molds!
- Peanut Butter Pie: omit the lemon and use pnb for the cashew butter. Top with chocolate! (I did this! Photos coming soon!)
Still in cheesecake mode? Check out my raw “Banana Split” Cheesecake recipe.
Who knew cashews could be so much fun?!