Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

You made me do it.

vegan no bake cookies

Yes, you.

You’re like the naughty child in the back of the classroom; the one who always eggs the other children on… and then watches, laughing, as they get in trouble.

Do it, Katie.

Make a chocolate version of your Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cookies.

You know you want to.

My Other Recipes:

pin-it

Yes, yes I wanted to.

And now that I made them and discovered how good they are? Oh boy, am I ever in trouble.

(Are you laughing yet?)

vegan no bake cookies

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

• 1/4 cup peanut butter, or nut butter of choice
  • 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons raisins
  • salt to taste (I used a little over 1/4 tsp, but I like salty pb cookies!)
  • 2 tablespoons roasted, unsalted peanuts (Walnuts or cashews can be subbed. Also, if you can only find salted peanuts, reduce or omit added salt)
  • 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • optional: chocolate chips, either before or after blending (or both!)

Throw everything into a small food processor (double the recipe for a larger food processor) and combine until very smooth. Roll into balls, cookies, bars, or simply eat shovel the dough into your mouth, straight from the machine. (I’m not the only one who does this, right? Right?) The dough can be stored on the counter, in the fridge, or in the freezer. Or in your belly. Or in my belly. On second thought, the dough can only be stored in my belly. So hand it over.

These are 100% flourless, just like my Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Also, I wanted to update you on the moat I mentioned in an earlier post that I was making to protect my cookies.

Meet Earl:

If anyone tries to steal my cookies, he’s got me covered. I initially had my heart set on a dragon… but all the good dragons were taken.

Growing up, did you ever want an exotic pet?

At one point in my life, I thought it’d be the coolest thing to have a monkey. And then I went through a “Mom, I need a panda bear” stage. Through the years, I also wanted a frog, a mouse, and a horse. Apparently my childhood pets (which included rabbits, hermit crabs, hamsters, and a parrot) just weren’t exotic enough.

Also: If you haven’t tried the original version of these cookies, I highly recommend checking that post out. It’s one of my favorite recipes on the blog!

5/5 (4)

Published on October 2, 2011

Meet Katie

featured on The
Today Show, CNN,
Fox, The
Huffington Post, and

Learn more about Katie

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

202 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
    • Chocolate-Covered Katie says

Oh no! 🙁
      Can you tell me more about what you did? (i.e. what type of “egg” and what flour and any other specifics)? The egg shouldn’t have made much of a difference in the success of the recipe, because I think it’d even be fine to leave it out completely.

1. Ragnhild says

Chocolate makes everything better! These looks great!

And guess who (finally) made your coconut melties today?? They are in my fridge now, and I cant wait to try them 😀

2. A Tablespoon of Liz says

You amaze me every time you post a new recipe. I’m always like, what could she possibly do next? and It’s always amazing. When I was younger (Ok, when I was a sophomore in college) I wanted a hedgehog, one of my friends had one and he was adorable.

3. Melanie Rice says

I was just searching for a Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake cookie recipe on your blog two days ago! This makes me so happy….But I’m in trouble now too. Haha.

4. Jillian says

Yes! I wanted a monkey too! After I saw the movie Monkey Trouble I begged my parents to buy me one. I put it on my Christmas list, asked for one for my birthday, to no avail!! They kept telling me that monkeys are too dirty to keep as pets. I vowed that as an adult I would buy myself one, haha. Maybe they were right….. 🙂 But those cookies look amazing! I love the originals, but I think these might be even more addicting!

5. Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine says

I love the chocolate-peanut butter combination! I have always wanted a Dolphin – Flipper.

6. Sarah says

I saw these and just made them 10 minutes ago! Yummy! Thanks for the recipe – so easy and healthy! I love your blog; Thanks! 🙂

7. VanessaG says

I never comment, but I had to on this one. I think this recipe is going to be my favorite one you have made!!! 🙂 You are amazing!!

8. Ally's Oma says

Katie, I LOVE YOU!! You’ve made my allergy laden, adrenal failing life so much more bearable! Keep up the good work, you just can’t know how much I’m “egging you on!!!”

9. [email protected] of Sugar Free says

Wow. I never had that many pets ever. I had fish who died after couple years (without my knowledge), and then a dog. That’s it, though! I always wanted a little mini puppy, but instead we got a 100 lb golden retriever? oh well, love him to death! He’s my best pal 😀

10. Jennifer says

What the last fifteen minutes of my life looked like: read this post, got out of chair as if inspired, put ingredients in blender, blended, ate. Happy 🙂 Don’t need a moat here–there’s no cookies to share!

11. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga says

These look so moist, gooey, rich, and perfect. The original ones look great but anything that dark and chocolatey is just calling out for me…even more 🙂

12. Wendy says

Holy moly, these cookies look delicious! This recipe is so easy too! I’m glad I don’t have to go out to buy any ingredients haha.

I don’t have a food processor though – will a blender be enough?

13. Nathalie says

Lol, long time no comment! I’ve been keeping up with your posts though. These look divine, and perfect considering I have no real oven.

By the bye, I made a post about desserty stuff I’ve been making recently. There’s a lot of your influence in there!

Mindi (my sister) loves the vegan stuff, even though she’s not at all vegan! She’s been really enjoying my tofu/coconut butter/nut butter creations! Your inspiration makes it happen =D

14. Jessica @ Jess Go Bananas says

If you consider it exotic I wanted a hamster/guniea pig…LOL 😀 I wanted a monkey at one point too!!

15. Kristin @ STUFT Mama says

Ha ha! First of all- these cookies look amazing. I can’t wait to try them. Your recipes NEVER disappoint!!! I always wanted a hairless cat. And guess what- I got one about 7 years go. Pretty funny. Even funnier that my husband hates him. 🙂 When I was really young I wanted a skunk. I always thought it would be cool to walk around with a skunk on a leash. ha ha!

16. Melissa says

I am DROOLING! Literally. There is a watering in my mouth! Damn, girl! And I thought you did it with the first round of this recipe! Pretty sure this will be happening in my kitchen later today!