This quick and simple English Muffin French Toast recipe is one of my favorite weekday breakfasts.
Just 5 ingredients, and the recipe is easy to customize.
I first tried the idea about three years ago as a way to use up some English muffins sitting on my counter, and everyone loved it so much that I’ve been making them at least once a month ever since.
Also try these Vegan Pancakes
How to make the recipe:
Unless you’re crazy like I am and actually like soggy French toast (anyone else??),start by either letting the bread slices sit uncovered overnight to dry out, or bake them at 300 F for 15 minutes.
Whisk all ingredients except the muffins. Dip each slice fully into the liquid, then place in a wide and shallow dish and pour remaining batter on top. Let them soak 8-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Grease a nonstick pan, and cook each slice about 1 1/2 minutes, flip, then cook an additional minute or until it’s lightly browned.
Serve with sliced bananas and blueberries, pure maple syrup and vegan butter, powdered sugar, mini chocolate chips, or strawberries and Coconut Whipped Cream.
What type of English muffins?
You can use any store-bought or homemade muffins – I like these whole wheat English muffins from my Hello Breakfast ebook.
Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Rudi’s, Ezekiel, Dave’s Killer Bread, and Vermont Bread Company all offer vegan options, some of which are also gluten free.
Feel free to use plain, multigrain, whole grain, sourdough, blueberry, or cinnamon raisin English muffins (my favorite).
For a filling brunch that’s packed with protein, this recipe goes great with Tofu Scramble.
English Muffin French Toast
- 2 English muffins, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup any one of the following: mashed banana, egg whites, vegan just egg, or coconut cream
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sweetener of choice
- optional sprinkle of cinnamon
- Unless you like soggy French toast (I actually do!), either let bread slices sit uncovered overnight or bake at 300 F for 15 minutes or until it dries out. Whisk all ingredients except the bread, then dip each slice fully into the liquid. Place muffin slices in a shallow dish, pour remaining liquid on top, and let soak 8-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Grease a nonstick pan. Cook muffin halves about 1 1/2 minutes, flip, and cook an additional minute or until lightly browned.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram