This rich and creamy Greek yogurt cheesecake is luxuriously smooth, easy to prepare, and surprisingly good for you!
Did you know it’s possible to make cheesecake with absolutely no cream cheese whatsoever?
Protein-packed Greek yogurt cheesecake is nutritious and filling, with a creamy custard texture that makes it more like a cheese pie than cheese cake.
The filling can be prepared in minutes – pour it into any store-bought or homemade crust, or eat it straight from the blender with a spoon!
Also Try This Vegan Lemon Bread
Cheesecake is for sure my favorite non-chocolate dessert.
I could happily eat cheesecake for days on end and still never get tired of it.
It’s like that scene from Friends where they accidentally drop the cheesecake on the floor and then continue to eat it…
I would totally be that girl.
So a creamy and delicious homemade cheesecake that just so happens to be healthy at the same time?
It’s pretty much my dream.
This one can be oil free and gluten free, with a vegan option if you use vegan yogurt, which is readily available at most grocery stores.
(For vegan, either use the tofu option or any vegan cream cheese.)
And since there are no eggs in the recipe, it’s fine to skip the crust and baking step if you prefer and serve in bowls.
I mean, it’s basically cheesecake-flavored yogurt, so why not???
If you do go with the baked option, feel free to use either a store-bought graham cracker crust or a homemade crust.
For the cheesecake crust in the pictures: In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour (regular flour or whole wheat pastry both work), 1 tsp salt, 1/3 cup sugar or xylitol, 1/2 cup oil or melted butter, and 2-4 tbsp water so it sticks together but isn’t gummy. Preheat the oven to 200 F. Press into an 8-inch pie pan. Put in the oven and immediately increase the temp to 350 F. Bake 15 minutes. Let cool, then press down, and it’s ready to use.
For a chocolate version, try this Brownie Cheesecake Recipe
If you want to eat it for breakfast, you’ll get no judgement from me.
(Mostly because I’d be right there beside you, doing the same thing.)
Leftover yogurt? Use it in these Overnight Oats
Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt, vegan if desired
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, or soft or firm tofu
- 1/4 tsp salt, just over level
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or agave (or 2/3 cup sugar or xylitol)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- crust of choice (or use the crust recipe written out above in this post)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients until completely smooth – I highly recommend using a blender or food processor for smoothest results. Pour into any prepared crust. Bake 50 minutes, then remove from the oven. It should still look underdone. Allow to cool for an hour before moving the cake, uncovered, to the refrigerator to set for at least 8 hours, during which time it will magically firm up and become more flavorful.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Healthy Dessert Recipes: