How to make your own secretly vegan donuts at home – the super easy recipe, with just 8 ingredients!
Easy Baked Vegan Donuts
Can be oil free
No refined sugar
♥ COMPLETELY DELICIOUS
The best part about these vegan donuts is that the recipe is so simple you might already have all of the ingredients needed to make them right now!
Also Try These Quick & Healthy Vegan Pancakes.
The donuts are baked, not fried, and there are no flax eggs, no yeast, and no crazy ingredients – they taste like regular donuts because they ARE regular donuts!
You May Also Like: Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Vegan Donut Recipes
Vegan Blueberry Donuts: Use the following recipe for Blueberry Baked Donuts.
Peanut Butter Donuts: Follow the recipe below, subbing 1/4 cup peanut butter for all of the oil.
Vanilla Glazed Donuts: Make the basic glaze and donut recipes, both included below in this post.
Vegan Chocolate Donuts: Replace 1/4 cup of the flour in the recipe below with unsweetened cocoa powder. Dip in melted chocolate.
Coconut Donuts: Use coconut milk as the milk of choice in the below recipe, and replace half of the vanilla extract with coconut extract. If desired, top with frosting or coconut butter and toasted shredded coconut.
For chocolate frosted donuts, use this Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
Coconut Samoas Donuts, from the vegan Hello Breakfast ebook.
Vegan Dunkin Donuts?
As of June 2020, there are inexplicably still no vegan doughnuts available for sale at either Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts, although the latter does offer Beyond Meat vegan sausage patties and almond milk on its menu.
But once you learn how easy it is to make your own donuts at home, you can turn your kitchen into your very own vegan Krispy Kreme factory and make as many flavors as you can dream up.
Serve the donuts for breakfast alongside a homemade Whipped Coffee, and you don’t ever even need to leave your pajamas!
Cookie Monster Donuts, with Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Donut Frosting Options
For vegan glazed donuts, use the icing recipe below:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar or sugar-free powdered sugar
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp milk of choice, or as needed
- optional lemon zest, orange zest, or 1/4 tsp pure maple extract
Or you can frost the vegan doughnuts with store-bought or homemade frosting, dip in cinnamon sugar, melted chocolate chips, or powdered sugar, ice with vegan cream cheese frosting and cover them in sprinkles, or serve them unfrosted for breakfast instead of muffins.
Baking Tips & Tricks
If you don’t have a donut maker or donut pan, the healthy donuts can also be made in a regular or mini muffin tin as long as baking time is adjusted.
Or you can buy a donut pan (they’re usually under ten dollars) on Amazon, Target, Walmart, Michaels, Bed Bath Beyond, or sometimes available in Whole Foods or regular grocery stores.
For vegan gluten free donuts, the recipe works with oat flour or Bob’s gluten free all purpose mix. For sugar-free donuts, xylitol works as well.
Trending Right Now: Protein Bars – Just 4 Ingredients
Above – watch the video how to make vegan donuts!
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp white or cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tbsp oil, nut butter, or applesauce or mashed banana for fat-free
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave (here's a sugar free donut recipe)
- 1 cup flour, loosely packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional pinch cardamom
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Grease a donut pan or mini muffin pan. Preheat oven to 350 F. Add all remaining ingredients to a large bowl. Once oven is preheated, stir wet into dry until evenly mixed (don’t overmix). Bake on the center rack 8 minutes or until donuts have risen and are cooked through. Let sit 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Vegan frosting recipes are included above in this post. View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram