- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter, or allergy-friendly sub
- 3/4 cup unsweetened protein powder of choice (90g)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave (or try these Keto Protein Bars)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz melted chocolate chips, optional
- See earlier in this post for five protein bar flavor ideas
Stir all ingredients except optional chips to form a dough. Either shape into bars with your hands or smooth into a lined 8x8 pan, refrigerate until chilled, then cut into bars. For the optional chocolate coating, spread the melted chocolate over the pan before chilling. (I usually stir 2 tsp oil into the melted chocolate for a smoother sauce, but it's not required.) Or you can dip the bars into the chocolate sauce individually and then chill to set. View Nutrition Facts
Readers also love this Protein Ice Cream.
Make sure you like the taste of the protein powder you use. I've only tried the recipe with unsweetened, but feel free to play around with flavors. And if you're a visual person, be sure to check out the recipe video above.