- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2/3 cup fully mashed avocado (160g)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 2 tsp oil or buttery spread - adds richness and helps sauce adhere to pasta but can be omitted
- 8 oz uncooked noodles OR spaghetti squash, black bean pasta, steamed veggies, etc.
- nutritional yeast or Parmesan, such as vegan parma, for serving
Whisk the first 4 ingredients and optional oil in a small saucepan. (For a smoother and creamier sauce, blend or use a hand blender to blend until smooth.) If making pasta, bring a separate pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain fully (do not rinse with water), then set aside. Heat the first small saucepan until sauce thickens and begins to boil, then stir in the pasta and remove from the heat. Serve immediately, sprinkling with nutritional yeast or Parmesan if desired.View Nutrition Facts