Time For A Chopstick Challenge!

Who loves using chopsticks?

Katie loves using chopsticks! I use chopsticks for almost everything I eat. Growing up in Japan, I learned to eat with chopsticks before learning to use a fork! (Yes, I do now know how to use a fork. But I still prefer chopsticks.)

Have you ever tried eating with chopsticks?

n

ppie

bbcsticks

Brownie Batter Pancakes

(I don’t normally eat pancakes with chopsticks, but when someone asked me if I did, I had to try!)

chopsticks

If you don’t know how to use chopsticks, here’s a step-by-step guide:

www.ehow.com/how_3261_chopsticks.html

Or you can always watch a youtube video. (Is there anything that’s NOT explained on youtube these days?)

Chopstick Challenge Time:

I challenge you to replace your fork (or fingers!) with chopsticks for at least one meal/snack per day for the next week. Or maybe you want to have a complete chopsticks-only day? If you do already know how to use chopsticks, try to think outside the (Chinese take-out) box and use them to eat foods you wouldn’t normally eat with chopsticks, such as waffles, Italian food, or salad.

Be creative and have fun with it!

1. McKella says:

Ha ha, I asked you that on formspring! I love chopsticks. I used them all the time growing up and I bought a ton in China last summer, so I use them almost every day now! I think I still prefer the Japanese style ones my friend brought me though, because they’re pointy.

2. Jessica says:

I am so up for this! I just was telling my bf last night that I wanted to learn to use chopsticks! Talk about coincidence!

3. Marina says:

You actually inspired me to use chopsticks :) I bought them for sushi nights at home, but I like eating salads and stir frys with them. It makes me eat so much slower, but that way I enjoy it longer!

4. Kara says:

Oh Katie, you know I’m going to participate :). I don’t have a blog, but I’ll be sure to let you know about my progress. I wonder if you could eat fudge babies with chopsticks 😉

5. Sarahishealthy says:

I try to use them for Chinese food, but I’d love to improve my skills. Practice makes perfect, so I’m definitely going to take part in this challenge! Thanks for the kick in the butt!

6. McKella,
    Haha that was you?!
    That was one of my favorite questions :) :)

7. Kara,
    LOL! Well, it would keep your fingers from getting sticky!

8. vegangal says:

ooh chopsticks. i only use them at a chinese restaurant. can you buy them at the grocery store? are they expensive?

9. Due to having no patience, I cannot eat with chopsticks. I would never do that to those around me. 😉

10. Mary says:

I love this idea! Count me in! :)

11. Valerie says:

I learned to eat with chopsticks as a way to force myself to slow down with eating my food. But I ended up getting so good at it that now it certainly doesn’t help me slow down anymore. I can shovel the food in there at lightening speed!
    I’ll take part in the challenge. I just need to think of something strange to use chopsticks for…

12. Diana says:

I had a phase when I was younger and I would eat everything with chopsticks! It can be a pain but it actually makes the meal FUN and makes us pay more attention to the food. I will totally try to eat everything with chopsticks for one day next week :)

13. vegangal,
    I think you can! You can also find them at places like Asian markets or stores such as World Market. But if you just want some practice pairs, next time you’re at your local sushi place or Chinese restaurant, simply pick up a few extra pairs :).

14. eatandrun says:

I’m going to try having a whole chopstick day, where I won’t use my fork at all!
    Fun challenge, Katie!

15. I love using chopsticks but usually I stick to asian-inspired meals….maybe that will have to change soon!

16. Jenny says:

I’m a bit hand-eye coordinated challenged, but I love sushi- gotta make some exceptions!

17. Anonymous says:

I’m going to try it!

18. Run Sarah says:

I only use chopsticks for Asian food – using it for Western food feels off for me! :) Oatmeal though, that must have been challenging!

19. Inspired says:

Ok, I’m going home today to dust off my chopsticks! I’m excited!!! Katie, you have the best challenges. I wasn’t yet a blog reader for your new food challenge, but I’ve been doing that one on my own for the past few months now! And I’m going to participate in this one as well. Wish me luck! :)

20. Stefanie says:

I will have to pick up a pair of chopsticks. :-)