- 1 tbsp flour of choice or protein powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut (must be unsweetened, full fat)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave (for sugar free, see note below)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp salt
To make the chocolate coconut cookies: Preheat oven to 350 F. Stir ingredients together, then either microwave or heat on the stove until thick enough to scoop balls onto a cookie tray. (I used a melon baller, but a cookie scoop or spoon also work.) Bake on the center rack 15 minutes. Let cool completely before taking off the tray. If desired, dip in melted chocolate or melted sugar free chocolate chips.View Nutrition Facts
For Keto Macaroons: Add 3 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil in place of the maple syrup, and sweeten with uncut stevia to taste.
For Paleo Macaroons: Use either almond meal or coconut flour for the 1 tbsp flour of choice.
For Protein Macaroons: Substitute an equal amount of your favorite protein powder (I like this vegan protein powder) for the flour or almond meal.
Or for no-bake cookies, try these: Chocolate No Bake Cookies