These delicious homemade chocolate coconut cookies are completely irresistible!
Chewy Chocolate Coconut Cookies
If you love chocolate and coconut, this simple coconut cookie recipe is for you.
The cookies turn out soft and sweet, with a light and chewy texture.
It’s a quick and kid-friendly healthy snack recipe, with keto, paleo, vegan, high protein, and gluten free options all included.
Also try these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recently it’s come to my attention that an inordinate number of people are finding my blog by searching for “chocolate covered bees.”
My first thought is Why???
Why would you want to do that?
Let me offer an alternative: these chocolate coconut cookies.
Please trust me—they taste much better than chocolate covered bees.
Actually, I haven’t tried chocolate covered bees… so maybe I don’t know what I’m missing?
(But seriously, please don’t eat chocolate covered bees.)
Adapted from the original Coconut Macaroons Recipe
Oh, and in case you’re curious, I have tried both chocolate covered ants and grasshoppers.
My childhood was… interesting.
Maybe this is why I’m now a vegan.
Above – watch the video how to make chocolate coconut cookies
The coconut cookies go great with this Whipped Coffee recipe.
Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 1 tbsp flour of choice or protein powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut (must be unsweetened, full fat)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave (for sugar free, see note below)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp salt
- To make the chocolate coconut cookies: Preheat oven to 350 F. Stir ingredients together, then either microwave or heat on the stove until thick enough to scoop balls onto a cookie tray. (I used a melon baller, but a cookie scoop or spoon also work.) Bake on the center rack 15 minutes. Let cool completely before taking off the tray. If desired, dip in melted chocolate or melted sugar free chocolate chips.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Coconut Recipes
Coconut Ice Cream – 5 Flavors