- 1/2 cup almond butter (or peanut butter, or allergy friendly sub)
- 4 - 6 tbsp pure maple syrup, honey, or agave (or here’s a keto version)
- 1/4 cup regular or dutch cocoa powder
- 4 - 5 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Blend everything together until completely smooth. It's smoothest if you use a blender or food processor but can technically be done by hand if needed. Store leftover frosting covered in the fridge.View Nutrition Facts
Feel free to try this recipe with almond butter, cashew butter, sunbutter, or even coconut butter! I haven’t tried a stevia version, nor have I tried the healthy frosting recipe with pb2 or better’n pb, but you can try those substitutions at your own risk.
If you'd prefer a non-chocolate cake or cupcake topping, be sure to try this homemade Coconut Whipped Cream.