- 1 cup raw nuts, such as walnuts or pecans (100g)
- 1 1/3 cup pitted dates (220g)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- optional heaping 1/8 tsp salt (I always add this)
- optional chocolate chips or broken-up chocolate bar
- optional chia seeds, shredded coconut, etc.
*Medjool dates tend to be softer. If your dates are hard or dry, soak them in boiling water for a few minutes to soften them.Process all the ingredients in a high-quality food processor until fine crumbles form. (A blender technically works, but texture will be stickier and tougher.) Smush into bars – I like to transfer the crumbles to a ziploc bag and roll out the dough from inside the bag. Chocolate chips can be added before or after processing, and feel free to experiment with different nut combinations.View Nutrition Facts